Something strange on MJ Official Website "Concert" page

IWantYouBackIWantYouBack Posts: 208
edited January 1970 in General Hoax Investigation
So, I was browsing the Michael Jackson Official Website just for the fun of it and I came across something that struck me as strange. I looked on the "Concerts" page and noticed that if you click on YEAR, a drop-down menu appears and instead of stopping at 2009, the year MJ "died", it goes ALL the way up to 2014. Now, I'm not 100 % sure if it's a clue or if we hoaxers can even consider it as "strange" I just thought I'd post it up and see what you all think about it. I have also attached a screen shot! :-)<br /><br />God Bless,<br />Jenn

Comments

• goatgoat Posts: 46
    It is possible that any forthcoming tribute concerts could be the reason for dates shown but nobody knows for sure how many such concerts there are going to be and in which year.Personally I wouldnt classify a tribute as being a michael jackson concert as such but that may be the way they see it.Could also be a big clue but we will have to be patient and await any forthcoming 2014 announcement if there is one.Who knows,the planned event in cardiff may be postponed until then.The waiting game again but it is necessary.
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    The BAM date in my mind is 2014 which makes the perfect 7 7 7. Maybe this is something about it.
  • applehead250609applehead250609 Posts: 2,615
    on 1311958121:
    <br />So, I was browsing the Michael Jackson Official Website just for the fun of it and I came across something that struck me as strange. I looked on the "Concerts" page and noticed that if you click on YEAR, a drop-down menu appears and instead of stopping at 2009, the year MJ "died", it goes ALL the way up to 2014. Now, I'm not 100 % sure if it's a clue or if we hoaxers can even consider it as "strange" I just thought I'd post it up and see what you all think about it. I have also attached a screen shot! :-)<br /><br />God Bless,<br />Jenn<br />
    <br /><br />[size=12pt]Thank you for this information Jenn!!!! Intresting and very strange also :?.Now that I am on the site I see also the 50 This is it tour dates in London.Very odd they put the dates ,even if the tour was canceled :?.I still dont understand how come non belivers dont find strange the This is it tour,lol its ridiculous to have a concert 50 times in the same place ::) :?<br />[/size]<br /><br /><br />[size=12pt]LOVE[/size]
  • Sarah31Sarah31 Posts: 249
    on 1311961315:
    [size=12pt]Thank you for this information Jenn!!!! Intresting and very strange also :? .Now that I am on the site I see also the 50 This is it tour dates in London.Very odd they put the dates ,even if the tour was canceled :? .I still dont understand how come non belivers dont find strange the This is it tour,lol its ridiculous to have a concert 50 times in the same place ::) :? <br />[/size]<br /><br /><br />[size=12pt]LOVE[/size]<br />
    <br /><br />Just one example:<br /><br />http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celine_%28residency_show%29<br /><br />"Celine is the second residency show by Canadian recording artist, Celine Dion. The show is performed at the The Colosseum at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada from 2011 to 2014, with an estimated 70 performances per year."
    on 1311962128:
    <br />
    on 1311961315:
    [size=12pt]Thank you for this information Jenn!!!! Intresting and very strange also :? .Now that I am on the site I see also the 50 This is it tour dates in London.Very odd they put the dates ,even if the tour was canceled :? .I still dont understand how come non belivers dont find strange the This is it tour,lol its ridiculous to have a concert 50 times in the same place ::) :? <br />[/size]<br /><br /><br />[size=12pt]LOVE[/size]<br />
    <br /><br />Just one example:<br /><br />http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celine_%28residency_show%29<br /><br />"Celine is the second residency show by Canadian recording artist, Celine Dion. The show is performed at the The Colosseum at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada from 2011 to 2014, with an estimated 70 performances per year."<br />
    <br /><br />[size=12pt]I'm sorry but  here we talk about a TOUR not a show. Thank you anway I'm a very big fan of Celine,she is a great artist!!!!! LOVE YOU :).[/size]
    on 1311962914:
    [size=12pt]I'm sorry but  here we talk about a TOUR not a show. Thank you anway I'm a very big fan of Celine,she is a great artist!!!!! LOVE YOU :) .[/size]<br />
    <br /><br />No, we are talking about a series of concerts. But that's just semantics. Residency shows weren't invented for or by Michael Jackson.
  • IWantYouBackIWantYouBack Posts: 208
    Although I am BIG fan of Celine Dion, I don't think her situation matches Michael's situation. Celine's concerts are a set concert residency whereas Michael's concerts were a "concert series tour".<br /><br />I agree with Applehead it is very odd that Michael's This Is It concerts were at the same place for that many concerts. Normally concerts at the same place for that length of time simply turn into a set concert residency. I could see if he was doing 10 concerts at the same place because that's not that many, but 50 just seems a little odd.<br /><br />I find it odd that some people classified Michael's This Is It concerts as a tour when it wasn't actually touring.
    on 1311963747:
    <br />Although I am BIG fan of Celine Dion, I don't think her situation matches Michael's situation. Celine's concerts are a set concert residency whereas Michael's concerts were a "concert series tour".<br /><br />I agree with Applehead it is very odd that Michael's This Is It concerts were at the same place for that many concerts. Normally concerts at the same place for that length of time simply turn into a set concert residency. I could see if he was doing 10 concerts at the same place because that's not that many, but 50 just seems a little odd.<br /><br />I find it odd that some people classified Michael's This Is It concerts as a tour when it wasn't actually touring.<br />
    <br /><br />Like I said, that's just semantics. He hated to tour, so I guess that's why they came up with this. Would have made it a lot easier for him, no traveling, no time zones and with 2 to 3 shows a week he also could have spent a lot of time with his children. Also, he didn't call it "tour" in the O2 announcement, he called it "show perfomances".
    http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1618999/exclusive-plans-michael-jackson-robot-las-vegas-revealed.jhtml<br /><br />Last March, Michael Jackson announced plans for his "This Is It" residency at the O2 arena in London. The 50-performance comeback bid would have been the King of Pop's foray back into the mainstream, and after he'd virtually disappeared from the music landscape for several years, the anticipation for his return to the stage was immense, with tickets for the first string of shows selling out almost instantaneously.<br /><br />In reality, the singer had begun planning his return to the limelight much earlier, and with a characteristically Jacksonian flash that was both outrageous and improbable. In October 2005, only months after he was acquitted in his child-molestation case, Jackson had already begun work with fashion designer André Van Pier on costume and set designs for a Las Vegas residency. A longtime friend of Michael and the Jackson family, Van Pier had previously designed costumes for sisters Janet and La Toya. But that wasn't all ...
  • IWantYouBackIWantYouBack Posts: 208
    on 1311964805:
    <br />http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1618999/exclusive-plans-michael-jackson-robot-las-vegas-revealed.jhtml<br /><br />Last March, Michael Jackson announced plans for his "This Is It" residency at the O2 arena in London. The 50-performance comeback bid would have been the King of Pop's foray back into the mainstream, and after he'd virtually disappeared from the music landscape for several years, the anticipation for his return to the stage was immense, with tickets for the first string of shows selling out almost instantaneously.<br /><br />In reality, the singer had begun planning his return to the limelight much earlier, and with a characteristically Jacksonian flash that was both outrageous and improbable. In October 2005, only months after he was acquitted in his child-molestation case, Jackson had already begun work with fashion designer André Van Pier on costume and set designs for a Las Vegas residency. A longtime friend of Michael and the Jackson family, Van Pier had previously designed costumes for sisters Janet and La Toya. But that wasn't all ... <br />
    <br /><br />That article is completely bogus (in my opinion, anyway). A residency is NOT just 50 shows and you're done. A residency is there for a number of years like Barry Manilow, Cher, Celine Dion, Criss Angel, Garth Brooks, and all of the other Cirque shows in Vegas theven have their own theaters built for them. Pretty much every show in Vegas is a Residency and it's there for YEARS. Not just 50 shows. Also, the London 02 is a multi-purpose arena. Michael would NOT have a residency show in an arena that's used for multiple purposes. It makes no sense because Michael in a way would be "hogging" the arena so to speak. Also, when I said This Is It would turn into a residency, I meant that it would have its OWN theater for a HUGE number of shows somewhere else in London, or somewhere else all together meaning another country, state, or province. Another reason why that article appears to be bogus to me is that why in the world would This Is It be a residency if Michael only wanted to do 10 shows? It doesn't make sense. Michael said himself he was only up for 10 shows, so why would he be in the middle of making a residency in Vegas if at the time he was only up for 10 shows? Also, the article states Michael was planning A SHOW for residency. It doesn't necessarily say that Michael would definitely be performing (from what I read anyway). He could have been planning a show like Human Nature, one of those tribute shows in Vegas that have a residency. Also, I highly doubt that just shortly after he got away from the charges he would immediately start working on a show. Those charges really hurt him and I really don't think he would have been up for creating a show that soon. If anything, I don't think he even started working on a Vegas show until '08. JMO.<br /><br />But anyway, let's just forget about TII for now and stay on topic. Why does it go up till 2014? Lmao.
    Well, that's not the only article about that, it's also pretty much common knowledge that he had plans for Las Vegas, but it never happened. And "residency" doesn't say anything about the time, weeks, months or years, it just means in the same place. It didn't happen in Las Vegas, but was supposed to in London instead. The plan as such wasn't new.<br /><br />But if you want to see something strange in people sometimes calling it a "tour", that's up to you, of course.
  • on 1311961172:
    <br />The BAM date in my mind is 2014 which makes the perfect 7 7 7. Maybe this is something about it. <br />
    <br /><br />How many times are you going to say that? No one won't be here in 2014, good luck to you! ::) <br /><br />Are you still going to wait for the return of michael 2014, when he comes back either 2011 or 2012  lolol/
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    I think it's just the script of the website. Not something you will change after an artist dies IMO.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

on 1311964290:
    <br />
    on 1311963747:
    <br />Although I am BIG fan of Celine Dion, I don't think her situation matches Michael's situation. Celine's concerts are a set concert residency whereas Michael's concerts were a "concert series tour".<br /><br />I agree with Applehead it is very odd that Michael's This Is It concerts were at the same place for that many concerts. Normally concerts at the same place for that length of time simply turn into a set concert residency. I could see if he was doing 10 concerts at the same place because that's not that many, but 50 just seems a little odd.<br /><br />I find it odd that some people classified Michael's This Is It concerts as a tour when it wasn't actually touring.<br />
    <br /><br />Like I said, that's just semantics. He hated to tour, so I guess that's why they came up with this. Would have made it a lot easier for him, no traveling, no time zones and with 2 to 3 shows a week he also could have spent a lot of time with his children. Also, he didn't call it "tour" in the O2 announcement, he called it "show perfomances".<br />
    <br /><br />[size=12pt]Yes Sarah31 you are right,now I remember ,Michael said show performances at the announcement.<br />At the begining when This is it is starting this is what is written:[/size]<br /><br /><br />[size=12pt]It was the spring of 2009<br /><br />At the age of 50,after a decade's of absence from the stage,Michael Jackson was quietly performing and crafting an entirely new concet experience.<br /><br />His only audience was a small group of technicians and dancers who watched Michael create a show that would been his return to the stage.[/size]<br /><br /><br />[size=12pt]Anyway doesent matter now,please excuse me,I  didnt want to start some fight about whos right and whos wrong :lol:.Love you :-*[/size]
  • sunrisesunrise Posts: 89
    OCTOBER 14, 2009<br />Michael Jackson Tour Dates Page Launches<br />A new Michael Jackson Tour Dates page has launched. It includes all the dates from his solo tours and the dates that were scheduled for the O2. You can mark off if you attended any tour dates and post your reviews for each individual concert. You can also share if you planned on attending any of the O2 dates.
  • CameronCameron Posts: 956
    Maybe it's to 2014 because this is to the end of the contract with Sony. So they let 2014 because it's the official MJ sites so all the tribute concerts are listed to 2014. Sorry for the english it's very difficult to explain with dates etc...  ;D
  • CCCC Posts: 2,136
    i already comment this in some topic long time ago. what i found odd is: what is the point to mark if you were there or would be there??? what is this information for??? ::)
    on 1312044365:
    <br />i already comment this in some topic long time ago. what i found odd is: what is the point to mark if you were there or would be there??? what is this information for??? ::) <br />
    <br />[size=12pt]<br />Hy CC  :),you have a good point.Some people even wrote comments in almost every day ,as if the performances took place,lol  ::).Mmmmmmmm[/size]
    on 1311967917:
    <br />
    on 1311961172:
    <br />The BAM date in my mind is 2014 which makes the perfect 7 7 7. Maybe this is something about it. <br />
    <br /><br />How many times are you going to say that? No one won't be here in 2014, good luck to you! ::) <br /><br />Are you still going to wait for the return of michael 2014, when he comes back either 2011 or 2012  lolol/<br />
    <br /><br />You keep on attacking me. But I'm not going to reply to your immature posts no more. This is a free forum and I can write whatever I want as much as I want. Go and find another place to play. And yes, I'm going to stay here even after Michael comes back. And I'm sure I will not be the only one here.
  • badkolobadkolo Posts: 128
    I suggest that certain people watch how they respond to others or ill start doing temporary bans. treat eachother with respect or else your ass will meet my foot.
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    I'll be here as long as the site exists. 2014 with a comeback or not, I'll be here.<br /><br />So there! lol
  • shelby61shelby61 Posts: 305
    It is also 5 years from 2009 to 2014.... another 5  8-)
    on 1312072424:
    <br />I'll be here as long as the site exists. 2014 with a comeback or not, I'll be here.<br /><br />So there! lol<br />
    <br /><br />Ditto. Like you said, as long as the site exists, I'll be here. :)
  • It is strange....
  • What exactly is the significance of 2014? Are the MJ concert dates stopping at 2014 and the FIFA 2014 World Cup with MJ as a possible performing artist connected? See, things like this really mess my head up! I'm so skeptical because I know how WEIRD and cruel people can be by making this look like its a real clue! I also realize that it can all be a misunderstanding. Either way, it makes my head spin.