My take

MJsPYTMJsPYT Posts: 8
I've been reading through the board on reasons he hoaxed his death, and some of them I just can't agree with. In my opinion, I think it was simple. I think he was basically bullied into doing the TII tour for financial gain. I think he was just tired of being in the limelight and constantly harassed by the media. He saw it as his last chance to escape and live a normal life with his kids. Some may say that MJ wasn't the type to be pushed around by his "handlers", but we don't (and never will) know the reasons behind it. This is just IMHO... but all thoughts (and arguments) are welcome

Comments

• RKRK Posts: 3,019
    Hi MJsPYT....I see you've been finding your way around. As it's 4.30 in the morning here in Australia, please forgive my short reply. [I really need sleep] So...so thoughts to ponder....<br />MJ and the kids were living a simple and hassle free life in Ireland and he could have continued on there without the elaborate death hoax if that was his intentions. And then there is TII which is not just pieced together rehearsal footage. It was always filmed as a movie. Logic tells us that no way would they be setting up pirotechnic displays and all on a stage that wasn't going to be the one it was to be performed on. Different performance space....a big waste. Compare this footage with other rehearsals of MJ tours on youtube and see the quality difference. It was always going to be a movie. Another thought. If Michael just wanted to disappear and grow older in privacy then why the elaborate and very strange drug addicted propofol junkie instead of a believable and normal death like a heart attack. That would be much cleaner[ ie. no Doc Murray] and people would then leave it alone after their initial grief. Anyhows...just a couple of thoughts and now I really need to get some sleep...no propofol needed.  ;)
  • Thats a good thought! I too am from Australia. I dont post much, but follow others posts all of the time!!! Cant wait to read the response of this question  :)
  • jadz29858jadz29858 Posts: 122
    Lets not forget that MICHAEL never does anything by halfs when MICHAEL does something he does it with style and bigger the better thats just the way MICHEAL is so beLIEve it Micheal wanted to go out with aBANG and he sure did that!!!
  • sighsigh Posts: 88
    on 1313596028:
    <br /><br />I think he was just tired of being in the limelight and constantly harassed by the media. He saw it as his last chance to escape and live a normal life with his kids. <br /><br />
    <br /><br />This is the theory that I  dismissed it automatically since the very beginning of the hoax. He could have left to live a 'normal' life long before June 25th 2009. Besides, after almost 50 years of living in the spotlight, I don't think that Michael has the 'normal life' in his blood. I know he longed for privacy and some normality at times, but not forever, it just ain't him.<br />
  • marisjmmarisjm Posts: 77
    You can retire from the spotlight without faking your death.  And, I do not see him living a "normal" life with his children at the moment. <br />
  • on 1313768806:
    <br />
    on 1313596028:
    <br /><br />I think he was just tired of being in the limelight and constantly harassed by the media. He saw it as his last chance to escape and live a normal life with his kids. <br />
    <br /><br />This is the theory that I  dismissed it automatically since the very beginning of the hoax. He could have left to live a 'normal' life long before June 25th 2009. Besides, after almost 50 years of living in the spotlight, I don't think that Michael has the 'normal life' in his blood. I know he longed for privacy and some normality at times, but not forever, it just ain't him. that he himself couldnt give them and be able to go into the shadows and regroup. <br />
    <br /><br /> This is my Theory and at this time my opinion :)I have to agree with part of this. I as well don't believe that Michael had "normalcy in his blood" but as a parent Im sure that is what he longed for with his children. As far as being able to leave anytime he wanted i know that didnt work for him. If you look at how long he was away for the "stage" he could of at that time decided to give up, but remember this is Michael Jackson we are talking about. He strived for perfection, build the bar then broke it moonwalk_/ He knew that he was hounded even though he was away from the limelight and his kids were too. In my opinion this could of been his only choice in his mind to give his kids "normal" that he himself couldnt give them and be able to go into the shadows and regroup.  bearhug to all<br />
  • liegiliegi Posts: 640
    I think Michael didn't want to grow old in front of his public.  Kenny Ortega said he didn't have to go out like that. It was his choice.
  • MJsPYTMJsPYT Posts: 8
    on 1313692535:
    <br />Hi MJsPYT....I see you've been finding your way around. As it's 4.30 in the morning here in Australia, please forgive my short reply. [I really need sleep] So...so thoughts to ponder....<br />MJ and the kids were living a simple and hassle free life in Ireland and he could have continued on there without the elaborate death hoax if that was his intentions. And then there is TII which is not just pieced together rehearsal footage. It was always filmed as a movie. Logic tells us that no way would they be setting up pirotechnic displays and all on a stage that wasn't going to be the one it was to be performed on. Different performance space....a big waste. Compare this footage with other rehearsals of MJ tours on youtube and see the quality difference. It was always going to be a movie. Another thought. If Michael just wanted to disappear and grow older in privacy then why the elaborate and very strange drug addicted propofol junkie instead of a believable and normal death like a heart attack. That would be much cleaner[ ie. no Doc Murray] and people would then leave it alone after their initial grief. Anyhows...just a couple of thoughts and now I really need to get some sleep...no propofol needed.  ;)<br />
    <br /><br />Good points. As to the TII tour... I don't doubt that MJ went into it full swing. Even though he looked and sounded amazing (as usual), appearances can be deceiving. These are just theories on my part... but what if at the end he just decided he couldn't do it? Didn't want to do it? The only way to back out would be to fake his death. I still don't have a concrete reason for starting TII and not finishing... but I'm working on it ;)  (If that makes sense... it's also 4 am here and I'm also tired lol)<br /><br /><br /> Dr. Murray was just the fall guy to make it look more plausible. We all know MJ himself was famous for starting "wacko" rumors (hyperbaric chamber, Elephant Mans Bones, etc) against the advice of his manager, family, lawyers etc. This could have been the same thing. Pay good ol' Dr. Murray enough and he'll take the hit for manslaughter. MJ never did anything half cocked... and his "death" wouldn't have been either. A simple heart attack wouldn't be grand enough for our King.  All the drama, mystery, and suspicion would make it seem more "real". Most celebrity death aren't simple (Elvis, Anna Nicole Smith, Marilyn Monroe, etc) Plus, no matter where he went, he would never live a hassle free life. This is Michael Freakin Jackson we're talking about. If everyone thinks you're dead, then if you were to go out in public, they would think it's an impersonator or just a super huge fan. If he were alive... not so much. Yes, MJ still had millions of fans... but most had been "neglecting" him in the past 10 years or so. Until his "death" it was rare to see someone dressed like MJ out in public. Now you see them a good amount on tv, in magazines, youtube, etc. So he would have a way better chance of going out in public hassle free<br /><br />
    on 1313768806:
    <br />
    on 1313596028:
    <br /><br />I think he was just tired of being in the limelight and constantly harassed by the media. He saw it as his last chance to escape and live a normal life with his kids. <br /><br />
    <br /><br /><br /><br />This is the theory that I  dismissed it automatically since the very beginning of the hoax. He could have left to live a 'normal' life long before June 25th 2009. Besides, after almost 50 years of living in the spotlight, I don't think that Michael has the 'normal life' in his blood. I know he longed for privacy and some normality at times, but not forever, it just ain't him.<br />
    <br /><br />Why do you think he did it, then? If not for a "normal" life? <br />
    His "death" has afforded his estate and his kids to release his new music, his world tour, etc. Could that have been possible prior to June 25, 2009?  Think of what MJ's reputation was!
    on 1313926278:
    <br />His "death" has afforded his estate and his kids to release his new music, his world tour, etc. Could that have been possible prior to June 25, 2009?  Think of what MJ's reputation was!<br />
    <br /><br />Good point! I was going to say something along those lines. His estate has made TONS of money since his death. I know I've spent a good amount of money on DVD's, shirts, CD's, posters, etc that I probably wouldn't have bought if he had been alive. I, sadly, am one of the fans that had been "neglecting" him. His death made me love and appreciate him and his music all over again. The same thing with Elvis. He didn't have that much money when he died. Priscilla was a smart business woman and opened Graceland. Since his death, Elvis's estate has made hundreds of millions of dollars... tons more than he ever would have made alive. The sad fact is celebrities like MJ and Elvis are worth more "dead" than alive
    I know it's a sad, but true!!! Nevertheless, it makes the hoax plausible. And the record industry is in crisis mode!!
  • [size=10pt]I remember reading that Michael did not want to get old, he was afraid what his fans would say about him. Dear Michael, we will all get old sooner or later.[/size]<br /><br />[size=12pt] "Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty - they merely move it from their faces into their hearts."[/size]<br /><br />[size=10pt]I hope Michael you can read this, because it is the truth. You have a beautiful heart, a wonderful soul, and that is enough for us. You do not need to be ashamed how you will look at 60 or 70 who cares, we will still love you as a wonderful human being. blessings. [/size]
    I agree. Michael, we love you for who you are!!! Age doesn't matter. 
  • OK so growing old could be depressing if you only focus on your personal changes. But when you look outward, at your children, and grandchildren, and the wisdom you've attained, growind old is a blessed thing! :)
    on 1313778160:
    <br />  And, I do not see him living a "normal" life with his children at the moment.<br />
    <br /><br />That would be the whole point, wouldn't it?
    Another thing I was thinking. Souza always says there are other reasons for him to do this. We should take that into consideration.
  • LUNALUNA Posts: 361
    maybe,now,he's free and he's living a "normal" life.... he would go everywhere,now,because whoever would say "ooh,there's a double!!",mj is dead,4 the world.... maybe,now,he's living the life he's always deserved,with his children,his friends and with who he cares.... i don't know if we can (still) hope in a comeback;if he will do it,his life will be more difficult than be4:paparazzi everywhere,i can imagine them,even under his bed and in his bathroom  :shock: :"ooh,the man who's come back from death!!" (do u remember the scenes in "moonwalker"?? ok.....). <br />after 2 years,i don't know what 2 think.... maybe,everything has been done 4 a new life..... "i'm gonna make a change,4 once in my life"..... 4 once,he has made the change:a new life,no more rehearsals,performances,concerts..... now,only simple life.<br />[size=large]LUNA[/size]