Michael's Art Studio

Love4MichaelLove4Michael Posts: 398
[size=12pt]Just came across the link for this article elsewhere and wanted to share it here.  Very nice story with some pictures of his work.  I LOVE it and think you all will too!!![/size]<br /><br />http://blogs.laweekly.com/stylecouncil/2011/08/michael_jacksons_art_revealed.php

Comments

• I came to the studio one day, and we had a Malamute. I came into the house, and I heard this dog barking and thought, Wow, I wonder what that is. I go into the kitchen, and I couldn't help but laugh when I see Michael up in the pots and pans in the middle of the center island. He's holding a pen and paper and the dog is running around the island and barking at him, and he says, "He wants to play! He wants to play!" He's laughing, and I'm laughing about it as I'm thinking to myself, "I'm wondering how long he's been up there."
    <br /> <br /> lolol/  I know he has said before he is a little scared of some dogs so a mental image of MJ crouched on a counter with a dog running around barking at him is priceless. I would have saved him from the beast, I would!
  • on 1313634584:
    <br />
    I came to the studio one day, and we had a Malamute. I came into the house, and I heard this dog barking and thought, Wow, I wonder what that is. I go into the kitchen, and I couldn't help but laugh when I see Michael up in the pots and pans in the middle of the center island. He's holding a pen and paper and the dog is running around the island and barking at him, and he says, "He wants to play! He wants to play!" He's laughing, and I'm laughing about it as I'm thinking to myself, "I'm wondering how long he's been up there."
    <br /> <br /> lolol/  I know he has said before he is a little scared of some dogs so a mental image of MJ crouched on a counter with a dog running around barking at him is priceless. I would have saved him from the beast, I would!<br />
    <br /> <br />I thought that story was too cute also.  I saw that someone had listed the link in another thread but thought it deserved a thread of it's own so that more people can read the whole article.  Just makes ya love him more than ya already did...at least I know I do  ;)  8-) 
  • darkchilddarkchild Posts: 1,161
    Thank you so much for posting this wonderful article.  bearhug Bless you for your kindness. I have been looking for more info on MJ's love of art and his personal art.  I have a very strong background in Art History.  This article is amazing.  I love how the article mentions MJ's love of the Baroque.  I just knew that MJ was baroque,  even before I read this article.  lolol/
  • starchildstarchild Posts: 374
    Very nice article.  Thanks for sharing it, Love4Michael.
  • Tink.I.AmTink.I.Am Posts: 878
    that monument, I remember we have talked about it before. There was some pics on TMZ from Oprahs visit/interview with  MJ's mom and dad.  there was a model of the monument  and we talked about what it could be and if it was a clue to where  michael was hiding  etc. <br />anyone remember..<br />In the pics from TMZ we also see one of the pics that was donated to the hospital....<br /><br />here are the tmz pics http://photos.tmz.com/galleries/oprah_visits_jackson_family_home#tab=most_recent&id=79326<br /><br />edit:<br />found it.. its the Sir Walter Scott Monument in in  Edinburgh (http://www.journeyviews.com/edinburgh.htm)<br /><br />Sir%20Walter%20Scott%20Monument.JPG<br /><br />first we see it at the encino home and now we see it back at the artstudio.    typing/    does this mean that they have gone back to the drawing board or???  confused/ :idea:<br />
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    Aaawww, Michael and his drawings  :-* <br /><br />This is very good news to me. I just LOVE the passion MJ has for art! He is talented, no doubt about it.
  • Whatever this man does - he does it perfectly! <br />I admire him so much... I also like drawing...  :oops:
  • MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    Michael is a fantastic artist, it's a shame that not many people knew that. <br /><br />
    on 1313634584:
    <br />
    I came to the studio one day, and we had a Malamute. I came into the house, and I heard this dog barking and thought, Wow, I wonder what that is. I go into the kitchen, and I couldn't help but laugh when I see Michael up in the pots and pans in the middle of the center island. He's holding a pen and paper and the dog is running around the island and barking at him, and he says, "He wants to play! He wants to play!" He's laughing, and I'm laughing about it as I'm thinking to myself, "I'm wondering how long he's been up there."
    <br /> <br /> lolol/  I know he has said before he is a little scared of some dogs so a mental image of MJ crouched on a counter with a dog running around barking at him is priceless. I would have saved him from the beast, I would!<br />
    <br /><br />Oh my gosh, Michael!! Hahahaha , im dying laughing.  :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • wishingstarwishingstar Posts: 2,927
    I can't begin to tell you how much I love this article.  I also have a background in art.....parents who collected it, and I taught art history for 10 years to kids....currently writing a series of art books for kids.  Michael is just beyond talented....we all know that.  When it comes to creativity, he breaks the mold every time.  It's amazing to me that one person can hold such talent in all areas.  I can look at his art all day.  I find the sketches most fascinating.  I like to see each line and imagine what he was thinking.  I also like to look at Van Gogh's paint stokes like this.  It's amazing to really look at art in such detail....at least it is for me.  Maybe one day I will be lucky enough to see Michael's art in person.  I'll be the one with tears streaming down my face, lol.  <br />Thanks for posting this.......it's a great read!  I will, no doubt, re-read it soon!<br /><br /><br />Blessings to you all......<br /><br />@VeryLittleSusie....you're still amazing with your art!  Great to see you here!
  • mjj4ever777mjj4ever777 Posts: 1,467
    Thank you for sharing this with us...Beautiful and amazing!! I Love you Michael!!<br />Blessings and Love to all!! bearhug
  • GINAFELICIAGINAFELICIA Posts: 6,506
    "In all of his art, certain motifs kept cropping up: chairs (usually quite baroque), gates, keys and the number 7"<br /> <br />"But Jackson also created portraits: a small sketch of Paul McCartney, and a large drawing of George Washington, created as Strong was working with the White House to commemorate the bicentennial of the Constitution back in 1987"<br />
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    I loved the article, and so enjoy any new glimpse into his special mind and life. I can identify with his love for art, because that was my life from about age 5 on sketching and painting, but not so much since having kids.  VeryLittleSusie, I think you're rendition of MJ is excellent, and Wishingstar, what you're doing is awesome!<br /><br />Especially as I saw the White House door sketch, it reminded me of leaves. Remember the shadowy leaves in the ambulance pic of MJ that we decided was actually in the ambulance but not a reflection of any real leaves on the stone fence opposite the 100 Carolwood house? I feel more confident than ever that that was a little MJ stetch he threw in there, and of course TS knew ALL about it, and wanted to draw our attention to it! ;) If it was MJ's art, there is only one reason TS would know--TS = MJ.  And there's only one way the art would be in the ambulance--MJ the artist is ALIVE and the designer of this hoax. michael-jackson/
  • [size=12pt][size=10pt]Love the article, thanks! <br />Michael’s art is beautiful. He has an original classical style with fine details and most works are based on his personal emotions, e.g. the chair with Bubble’s face which can be translated as the chair with Bubbles is a place where Michael found comfort. The design of the wedding monument makes me slightly think of the church La Segrada Familia (The Holy Family) designed by Gaudí, which could also mean the importance of family, which Michael highly supports, and a wedding is a start and a blessing of making a family. <br />I like his drawing technique with wax pencils. Wax always keeps the original color, even when you mix wax colors. He uses a lot of royal blue colors by the way (my favorite too).<br />It’s amazing that Michael self-taught his architectural designing skills, which indicates his natural talent and high creative intelligence (we already knew that of course ;D ).<br />I wish I could admire his art more closely. Hope the museum will be there soon.[/size][/size]<br /><br /><br />"But man does not create... he discovers." ~ Antoni Gaudí<br /> <br />@VeryLittleSusie, a very nice drawing of Michael. You’ve got talent!
  • I'm really happy to see all of the responses to this article.  I knew it would be enjoyed by many.  It seems quite apparent that Michael is a master of any form of the arts that he wishes to explore.  That's one magically gifted "bundle" of a man.  God sure knew what he was doing when he blessed all that wonderful talent into such a pure and nurturing soul. 
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    This is great! ...we are also discussing this on the Back thread if you are interested...<br /><br />http://www.michaeljacksonhoaxforum.com/smf2.0/index.php/topic,5167.msg348964.html#msg348964<br /><br /> party/