‘If I could microchip my kids, I would.’

GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
Willow the cat finally found 2,000 MILES from home after travelling from Colorado to New York and going missing for FIVE years
    <br /> [li]
Cat went missing from Broomfield, Colorado, in 2006/7[/li]<br /> [li]She turned up on a street in Manhattan, New York[/li]<br /> [li]Owners were tracked thanks to microchip inside her<br />[/li]<br />  By Mark Duell<br /> <br />Last updated at 5:54 PM on 15th September 2011<br />A cat has made an extraordinary journey of almost 2,000 miles after she went missing from Colorado five years ago and turned up in New York.<br />Willow disappeared from a home in Broomfield but was found on Wednesday in Manhattan and will soon be reunited with her owners.<br />Jamie and Chris Squires, of Boulder, Colorado, were ‘shocked’ to hear of her whereabouts, but she had a microchip implanted as a kitten.<br /><br />article-2037609-0DE57B4000000578-311_468x514.jpg<br />Eyes have it: How Willow got to New York, which is more than 1,600 miles away, and the kind of life she lived in the city are both mysteries<br /><br />The family, who live near the Rocky Mountains, have two of three kids and one of two dogs who may still remember Willow.<br /><br />But how she got to New York, which is more than 1,600 miles away, and the kind of life she lived in the city are both mysteries.<br /><br />‘To be honest, there are tons of coyotes around here, and owls,’ Mrs Squires said. ‘She was just a little thing, five and a half pounds. <br /><br />‘We put out the “Lost Cat” posters and the Craigslist thing, but we actually thought she'd been eaten by coyotes.’<br /><br />article-2037609-0DE5F55300000578-324_468x292.jpg<br />Journey: How Willow made the distance of more than 1,600 miles from Broomfield, Colorado, to Manhattan, New York, is still a mystery<br /><br />article-0-0DE5D42A00000578-900_468x312.jpg<br />Long trip: Willow disappeared from a home in Colorado, but was found on Wednesday in New York City and will soon be reunited with her owners  <br /><br />The couple were ‘astounded’ when they got a call from Animal Care & Control in New York City, saying she had been found on East 20th Street.<br /><br />Mrs Squires added that her husband told her not to tell their children until they were sure it was indeed Willow that had been found.<br /><br />‘Then we saw the picture, and it was Willow,’ she said. ‘It's been so long.’<br /><br />Animal Care & Control Executive Director Julie Bank said a scanner found the microchip that led to the Squires family.<br /><br /><br />article-0-0DE5D43600000578-557_468x286.jpg<br /><br /><br />‘All our pets are microchipped,’ Mrs Squires said. ‘If I could microchip my kids, I would.’<br /><br />The children are aged 17, 10 and 3 - so the older two remember Willow. Mrs Squires said her 3-year-old saw a photo and remarked: 'She's a pretty cat.’<br /><br />The Squires family also have a yellow labrador named Roscoe, who knew Willow, and an English mastiff named Zoe.<br /><br />‘We had another dog back then too, and I remember Willow would lie with them as they all waited to be fed,’ she said. 'She thought she was a dog.'<br /><br />article-2037609-0DE5DD8F00000578-479_224x423.jpg<br /><br />article-2037609-0DE5DD9600000578-329_224x423.jpg<br />Found: Jamie Squires, right, and Chris Squires, left, were 'shocked' to hear the whereabouts of Willow, who had a microchip implanted when she was a kittenMrs Squires said Willow escaped in late 2006 or early 2007 when contractors left a door open during a home renovation.<br /><br />Since then the family had moved about 10 miles from Broomfield to Boulder, but kept its address current with the microchip company.<br /><br />Ms Bank recommended that all pet owners use microchips.<br /><br />She said Willow, who now weighs 7lbs, is healthy and well-mannered and probably has not spent her life on the mean streets of Manhattan. <br /><br />But there are no clues about her trip east or anything else in the five years she's been missing.<br /><br />article-2037609-0DE57B6000000578-65_468x312.jpg<br />Looking: Willow stares out from a cage at her temporary home on Wednesday in New York's Animal Care & Control facility, after her very long journey<br /><br />The ACC and the Squires family were trying to arrange for transportation back to Colorado and health certificates.<br /><br />They said it might be two weeks before the reunion. Willow may spend some time with a foster family in New York.<br /><br />‘The kids can't wait to see her,’ Mrs Squires said. ‘And we still have her little Christmas stocking.’<br />
<br />http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2037609/Missing-cat-5-years-2k-miles-away-Willow-travels-Colorado-New-York.html<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />
<br />But thanks to a microchip implanted when she was a kitten, Willow will be reunited in Colorado with her owners, who had long ago given up hope.<br />
<br />http://helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?p=884789
<br /><br /><br /><br />Sep. 15, 2011 4:37 PM ET<br />No NY claim on cat missing from Colo. for 5 years<br /><br /> Willow, a 6-year calico cat that went missing from her Colorado home during a renovation 5 years ago, sits in a cage at her temporary home on Sunday, Oct. 3, 2010, in New York's Animal Care and Control (ACC) facility. Willow, found as a stray in Manhattan and brought to ACC, had been tagged with an identification microchip and will soon be  reunited with her owners.  (AP Photo/Bebeto Matthews)        1 of 5      <br /><br />NEW YORK (AP) — New York City's animal-shelter agency says a calico cat that disappeared from Colorado five years ago and was found on a Manhattan street had some human care in recent days. But there's no custody fight over it.No one is claiming ownership of Willow besides a family in Boulder, Colo.Willow was found on Wednesday and was linked to the family by an embedded microchip.The animal agency says Willow probably would have been dirty, scabby and flea-ridden if she'd spent much time on the streets. Instead, she's well-fed, and her coat looks good. An animal-welfare official even described her as chunky.The Colorado family plans to get Willow back home once she's cleared for travel.<br /><br />Associated PressCopyright 2011
<br />http://hosted2.ap.org/COGRA/APUSnews/Article_2011-09-15-Cross%20Country%20Cat/id-eabbdf4501984cb7a0e0b34f551ebb22<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />What a propaganda circus to fish for sympathy for the chip.<br />All news agencies have jumped on this train.<br />Nothing else worth to be reported, right. Not at this detailed length, right.<br /><br />AP has been sent to the shelter and took a series of at least 5 (in words: FIVE) photographs of this cat.<br /><br />The first article I read originates from the NY Times. <br />http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/15/nyregion/willow-lost-cat-from-colorado-resurfaces-in-manhattan.html?_r=1<br />A version of this article appeared in print on September 15, 2011, on page A28 of the New York edition with the headline: Lost 5 Years, a Colorado Cat Finds Her Way to Manhattan. (JIM FITZGERALD is the author, working for Associated Press, mentioned in other publications)<br /><br />Comments to the various articles across the web indicate that the path is definitely getting paved for meeting exactly the desired result: <br /><br />"THANKS TO THE CHIP, IT IS USEFUL, IT IS POSITIVE, THANK GOD WE NOW HAVE THE CHIP":<br /><br /><br />
reading heartwarming stories like this make me so happy.
lovely story for a change
I love these happy endings!!!
She's lucky to be in American, if in SIN she will be treated like a stray cat n put to sleep
Very Lucky Fellow...!!!!Cheers
I wonder where she was all this time. WOW!!!!!!!!!! If cats could only talk!<br /> I am so very happy for the family and Willow.
how cute!! reminds me of that movie, Homeward Bound or something!
<br /> http://uk.news.yahoo.com/lost-cat-colorado-found-york-030509169.html<br /><br /><br /><br />Only few comments are questioning:<br /><br />
Ermmmmm ...... ??????<br /> Instead of the owner trace the chip, ..... the chip traced the owner ??????<br /> Its so much of a "runnaway", most likely "abondoned".<br /> Guess, instead the ACCNY should investigate the owner<br /> first before returning the animal (pet).<br /> Well,weI tried to "trace" our CPF. Where its been ??<br /> How come not return to us (in FULL) when 55 ??????
Eh... its a land of freedom right? i think it wants to goes to manhatten, why not let it be...

Comments

• liegiliegi Posts: 640
    You were reading my mind. I was thinking the exact same thing!
  • NWO and the Microchip<br /><br />
    <br /><br />
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    I think that sometimes even the comments are part of the propaganda, so as to make people even more comfortable when they see that it's already okay for others.
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    These stories pop up a lot lately and i think most of them, if not all, are totally made up. In my opinion indeed not more than propaganda for the implanted chip. WAKE THE FUCK UP PEOPLE!!!<br />

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• ‘If I could microchip my kids, I would'<br /> <br />I wouldn't :!: <br /> <br />I don't trust microchips and their purpose, not on humans, not on animals.
  • The chips will serve as an aid in finding your pets just in case they're lost. Veterans have been recommending the chips for years and it has also been one of the reasons why Colorado's famous cat named Willow will now be reunited with her family. See it here: Mystery journey of Willow the cat may be solved<br />
  • you know whats weird i was looking through obamos proposed health care bill,and micro chipping is included,better yet,it is required.u know most people will be happy about this,they will be thinking free healthcare,so why not get chipped.if anybody is familiar with the bible,this has mark of the beast written all over it.we can only hope that this bill does not past,but if it does,refuse the chip.Blessings to all.
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    They want to link everything about you to the chip - your identity, location, banking, medical, etc.  Chipping people is enslaving people.
  • Nice story. But the agenda is clear, they want people to like the idea of being micro chipped. <br />Here in Dubai, they are pushing this agenda pretty hard. All pets in here are micro chipped, you can't have a pet otherwise. <br />And we also have our national IDs. Which is the dumbest and the most useless thing ever!!!!!! It has a chip in it, which contains your fingerprints, signature, picture and blood test results and God knows what else. And you ALWAYS have to carry it around with you, ALWAYS. If police stops you and you don't have your national ID with you they will fine you.  Its soooooooooo obvious that they made us get these IDs just to keep a closer eye on us. And they also didn't give us any choice, ether you get the ID or you get a couple of fines and then you may even be deported out of the country.   
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    on 1316603915:
    <br />The chips will serve as an aid in finding your pets just in case they're lost. Veterans have been recommending the chips for years and it has also been one of the reasons why Colorado's famous cat named Willow will now be reunited with her family. See it here: Mystery journey of Willow the cat may be solved<br /><br />
    <br /><br />Did you read the comment cited above?<br /><br />
    Instead of the owner trace the chip, ..... the chip traced the owner ??????
    <br /><br /><br /><br />
  • Microchipping may be linked to tumor growth:<br /><br />http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/09/08/AR2007090800997_pf.html<br /><br />Also, if TPTB have all electronic money on the chips, TPTB can just erase all your money if they wanted to (and then you wouldn't be able to buy food, water, shelter-basic necessities).  ==total enslavement for anyone with the chip<br /><br />You would have no privacy from big brother (they could potentially know where you were at all times).  <br /><br />Aaron Russo gave a good interview about this somewhere.<br />