Dr.Conrad Murray trial - HLN announces gavel-to-gavel coverage

PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
edited January 1970 in Dr. Conrad Murray
[size=14pt]Dr.Conrad Murray trial - HLN announces gavel-to-gavel coverage[/size]<br /><br />Fresh off its ratings boom from covering the Casey Anthony murder trial over the summer, HLN announced on Wednesday that it is planning gavel-to-gavel coverage of the Dr. Conrad Murray trial for the wrongful death of entertainment superstar, Michael Jackson. The network's non-stop coverage will begin with live coverage of opening arguments scheduled for Monday, September 27, 2011 in Los Angeles.<br /><br />According to Scott Safon, HLN General Manager, "HLN’s team is fully committed to presenting all aspects of the trial. Our programming will shed light on an incredibly complex man, his family and what led to his untimely death." About the network's planned coverage, he adds, "HLN will feature a variety of voices and an array of expertise that will thoughtfully analyze the motivations of the people involved in this story.”<br /><br />Daily live coverage of the trial will begin at 11 a.m. ET from the Los Angeles County courtroom. Pre and post-courtroom analysis will be broadcast during the network's signature programs, namely:  Morning Express with Robin Meade (6 to 11 a.m.); News Now (3 p.m.); Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell (7 p.m.); Nancy Grace (8 p.m.); Dr. Drew (9 p.m.); The Joy Behar Show (10 p.m.); and Showbiz Tonight (11 p.m.).<br /><br /><br />http://www.examiner.com/tv-over-20-in-national/michael-jackson-dr-conrad-murray-trial-hln-plans-gavel-to-gavel-coverage

Comments

• fordtocarrfordtocarr Posts: 1,547
    I am beginning to think this is about clearing Michael's name..."it's all in the name"...<br />because, with HLN covering this, and with reporters that slam on Michael and have reported on the last trial, I'm thinking this will once again become about the molestation trial and the supposed drug addiction.  I think that they are planning on making this a Michael Jackson trial and not a Conrad Murray trial.  In the post above they are saying they "will shed light on an incredibly complex man........" blah blah...they are saying they are going to talk about Michael...this will be more slamming.  This is suppose to start early in the say..go all day and then on all the evening shows.  That's a lot of their media slander to drag Michael's name and rep through...let alone make people plenty sick of Michael once again.    This isn't going to be a good thing for Michael.....
  • I'm sure that some will try to spin and muck rake but at least this time we aren't at the mercy of only the tidbits that the media sees fit to misrepresent.  Their habit of twisting and taking things out of context will be lessened (to a degree) by the fact that the sessions are being televised.  Of course those who aren't interested enough to pay attention will still only get the heaping spoonfuls that the media dishes out...but for some fence-sitters out there the entire case and all the testimony (just as the jury hears it) will be available for them to digest and form their own opinion...WITHOUT it being twisted by snide, self-serving commentators first.  At least we can hope for that! :-)
  • Love4MJLove4MJ Posts: 114
  • Sorry...bit of a 'rant'...<br /> <br />I already don't like the 'coverage' and the 'thing' (trial, event, 'layer', whatever it is) hasn't even started yet.  I swear, Mike is the only person that could make me sit through this garbage...in the hopes of finding some crumb that will make all of this make more sense.<br /> <br />On HLN today...prior to a commercial break...they announced Ryan Smith (reporter) coming up next with a 'round table' of people that "know Michael Jackson".  I waited to see who these people were going to be...cause what this hoax has taught me is that NOBODY 'knows Michael Jackson'.  They had 3 bodyguards and Diane Dimond (a.k.a. the Demon).  I can understand (somewhat) that they'd have the bodyguards on there...they were with Mike a lot (I would imagine)...and they at least got to know a 'side' of Mike.  But Diane Dimond?  Are you kidding me?  This is the SAME female (can't even call her a 'woman' cause that assumes some sort of class and/or decency)...that knowingly and willingly jumped head first onto the destroy-Michael Jackson-bandwagon...and lied, fabricated shit, and slandered Mike every chance she got.  I actually think it became her life mission for awhile there.  And the best is...she did a lot of her spewing on HLN!<br /> <br />So why have her on the panel?  What 'logical' purpose could there be to include a very well known MJ hater...on a panel of people who 'knew' Mike?  I'm all for a balanced view...but it would take a lot more than 3 bodyguards to balance out the evil she's done when it comes to MJ.  They could've elminated the 3 guards and had ONE Jackson on with Dimond--thinking Jermaine would've fit nicely (Randy would've probably just slapped her  :lol: --and no, I don't condone violence against women---I am a woman, and I slap back).  THAT would've been a true balance of LOVE and HATE.<br /> <br />Makes me wonder if Mike is STILL on trial, afterall.  <br /> <br />All I know is that watching this garbage and what I think will become a landfill during this 'trial'...is NOT a good feeling.  I beLIEve Mike's alive and I beLIEve he will come back...but I never have a 'good' feeling when I watch any media 'coverage' of Mike.  I know the solution: stop watching it.  Ya right!  <br /> <br />I don't 'like' this build-up feeling....feels like we're in an incline on this rollercoaster ride and I don't know what the coming 'drop' is gonna be like.  Based on my beLIEf of Mike being alive (and the fact that I LOVE rollercoasters)...the bigger part of me is excited because this trial HAS to be part of the hoax somehow.  But the smaller part...it's scared  :cry:  pale/  <br /> <br />With L.O.V.E. always. 
  • on 1316827179:
    <br />I'm sure that some will try to spin and muck rake but at least this time we aren't at the mercy of only the tidbits that the media sees fit to misrepresent.  Their habit of twisting and taking things out of context will be lessened (to a degree) by the fact that the sessions are being televised.  Of course those who aren't interested enough to pay attention will still only get the heaping spoonfuls that the media dishes out...but for some fence-sitters out there the entire case and all the testimony (just as the jury hears it) will be available for them to digest and form their own opinion...WITHOUT it being twisted by snide, self-serving commentators first.  At least we can hope for that! :-) <br />
    <br /> <br />It can also work for Michael.. You might never know. maybe they will clear Michael's name once and for all.. Lets be positive on this..
  • To do list:<br /><br />-Buy extra butter popcorn<br />-Coca Cola<br />-DVR<br /><br />  ;D
  • skywaysskyways Posts: 745
    @<;br /><br />BRACE YOURSELF! <br /><br />xx
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    I trust in the man and his plan. It's showtime.<br />
  • I apologize for my above 'rant' from last night...I allowed negativity to set in (first mistake) and then I spread it (second mistake).  I guess it's normal to have 'down' days...but I always prefer to spread L.O.V.E., and will be more mindful of that in the coming days/weeks during the trial.<br /> <br />The good news is that the 'darkness' doesn't last long anymore...I feel great today, once again focussed on the L.O.V.E.  I woke up feeling pretty good and then the first thing I saw was the vid I'm posting below...and that just helped focus even more.<br /> <br />I don't understand everything he's saying in the vid (i.e. I wish I understood Time Wave Zero more)...nor do I know if what he's saying has any truth to it.  I just find it extremely interesting how the dates he speaks of....they line up perfectly with the trial and the 'feelings' we may be having leading up to it.<br /> <br />Hope it brings you guys some 'light'...as it did for me  ::P <br /> <br />
    " frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>
    <br /> <br /> <br />With L.O.V.E. always.
  • Can't wait...hopefully I get to watch it live, I don't live in the States so I guess I'm going to have to find another way to watch it...this is gonna be EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    on 1316830582:
    <br />Will somebody, anybody please explain to me why this trial is happening if Michael is still alive. I fail to understand how this makes any sense. Perhaps I am missing something but open to an explanation from anyone willing to take the time to clarify.  Thanx. confused/<br />
    <br /><br />I think before you ask why there is need for this trial, I think you should ask why there was need for Murray in this hoax. In my humble opinion, Murray was included into the hoax to represent Michael. He is Michael in this case. He is innocent but he was prejudged and found guilty by the media and the public before he went to the trial. Wasn't it the same for Michael? The trial is going to be clearing Michael's name, and also Murray's. He is going to be found not guilty, just like it happened to Michael. I'll be quoting fordtocarr's post because she explained it so well, and I agree with her completely.<br /><br />
    on 1316821819:
    <br />I am beginning to think this is about clearing Michael's name..."it's all in the name"...<br />because, with HLN covering this, and with reporters that slam on Michael and have reported on the last trial, I'm thinking this will once again become about the molestation trial and the supposed drug addiction.  I think that they are planning on making this a Michael Jackson trial and not a Conrad Murray trial.  In the post above they are saying they "will shed light on an incredibly complex man........" blah blah...they are saying they are going to talk about Michael...this will be more slamming.  This is suppose to start early in the say..go all day and then on all the evening shows.  That's a lot of their media slander to drag Michael's name and rep through...let alone make people plenty sick of Michael once again.    This isn't going to be a good thing for Michael.....<br />
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    on 1316841282:
    <br />I trust in the man and his plan. It's showtime.<br />
    <br />
    <br /><br /> /bravo/
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    on 1316841282:
    <br />I trust in the man and his plan. It's showtime.<br />
    <br />
    <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br />I to trust Michael, but cannot trust mass media smiley_spider /cook/ <br />
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    i am getting ridiculously excited but we could still have a delay...
  • Is there any other way to see this trial without tuning in to HLN?  I hate the commentators on that channel.  I would rather not have to go through listening to their sidelines and bullshit. /white flag/  I wonder if it will be streaming anywhere else:?:
  • Love4MJLove4MJ Posts: 114
  • on 1316915881:
    <br />Is there any other way to see this trial without tuning in to HLN?  I hate the commentators on that channel.  I would rather not have to go through listening to their sidelines and bullshit. /white flag/  I wonder if it will be streaming anywhere else:?:<br />
    <br /><br />There is a link here on the forum at the top of the page that Souza put up, that is the ABC 7 channel I think.<br /><br />
    on 1316914253:
    <br />i am getting ridiculously excited but we could still have a delay...<br />
    <br /><br />Me too I can't wait, well we are this far in, a day away, so probably unlikely to be delayed (hopefully)...this is gonna be fun, it's summer, the trial has arrived, and I have a few days holiday  /woohoo/
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    it's summer, the trial has arrived, and I have a few days holiday
    <br />two weeks vacation from work for me. Perfect timing  mj_dance/
  • on 1317007032:
    <br />
    it's summer, the trial has arrived, and I have a few days holiday
    <br />two weeks vacation from work for me. Perfect timing  mj_dance/<br />
    <br /><br />AWESOME....and lucky
  • Watching HLN now, and have been for about an hour or so. Does anyone else find it ironic (since the song has been brought up repeatedly for the last 2+ years) that every time they show a video clip it's of TDCAU?
  • Ok, so I'm watching this live. Did anyone else hear the recording of Michael supposedly "intoxicated with unnamed drugs"? Well in case you didn't, let me spare you details. It sounded staged. It was a voice recording "found on Murray's iPhone" from May 2009, with Michael talking about his tour. His words were slurred. The thing that confuses me is, if this is a recording on his phone... why does it sound so clear, as if Michael is talking directly into it? The only way it could be so clear (IMO) is if Murray held it up to Jackson's mouth.<br /> <br />Another question: WHY would Murray record that? It was a random day of the month. There is no reason for it, that I see. Any thoughts?
  • I am watching HLN. Soon will be defense opening statement.Prosecutor's statement was pretty good.