Kenny Ortega first to take the stand

hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
edited September 2011 in Dr. Conrad Murray
Michael Jackson death: Choreographer Ortega to be first witness<br />September 26, 2011 | 12:50 pm<br /><br /><br />6a00d8341c630a53ef015391e2d9d2970b-640wi<br /><br />Famed choreographer Kenny Ortega will be the first witness to take the stand at the trial of Michael Jackson’s doctor, a prosecutor said Monday.<br /><br />Ortega, famed for “Dirty Dancing” and “High School Musical,” was the co-creator and co-director of the “This Is It” comeback concerts Jackson was preparing for at the time of his death. In a hearing earlier this year Ortega said the singer’s personal physician, Conrad Murray, assured him that Jackson was healthy enough to perform and even scolded him for canceling rehearsals when Jackson seemed weak.<br /><br />“Dr. Murray told me that this was not my responsibility and asked me to not act like a doctor or psychologist ... and leave Michael's health to him," Ortega said.<br /><br />Prosecutors contend that at the time Murray brushed off Ortega and other concert executives, he was giving Jackson nightly doses of the surgical anesthetic on which the singer later overdosed. In comments to a judge Monday, Deputy Dist. Atty. David Walgren said he planned to summon witnesses in a chronological order leading up to and then following Jackson’s death.<br />http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/09/michael-jackson-trial-high-school-musical-director-will-be-first-witness.html<br />Full coverage: Trial of Conrad Murray<br /><br />Ortega is to be followed to the stand by Paul Gongaware, who worked for Jackson’s concert promoter, AEG Live. Gongaware, according to another prosecutor, will also testify about conversations with Murray and Jackson.<br /><br />Deputy Dist. Atty. Deborah Brazil said Gongaware would testify about a meeting in which he and other AEG officials “were sharing their concerns with the defendant concerning Mr. Jackson’s health.”<br /><br />Murray, 58, stands accused of involuntary manslaughter. His trial begins with opening statements Tuesday and is expected to last about five weeks.

Comments

• bumping up for your information /white flag/
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    Kenny is getting back to the show huh?  /woohoo/ You GO Kenny! Missed him and his tweets. This is definitely going to be interesting.
  • smiley_spider How I would love to be a fly on the wall in that courtroom tomorrow.
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    “Dr. Murray told me that this was not my responsibility and asked me to not act like a doctor or psychologist ... and leave Michael's health to him," Ortega said.<br /><br />Yes because this is Murray who is acting like a doctor.....  suspicious//
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    Ah! Kenny is back! I missed him. /woohoo/

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• SimPattyKSimPattyK Posts: 4,281
    on 1317073257:
    <br />Kenny is getting back to the show huh?  /woohoo/ You GO Kenny! Missed him and his tweets. This is definitely going to be interesting.<br />
    <br />Speaking of Kenny Ortega and.... "the show" .... ;)  :lol: :lol:<br /><br />a funny montage I did... with an imagined line for Michael lol  :lol:<br /><br />mjhoaxkennyortega.jpg
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    <br />If you read this article carefully, you'll notice that these bolded portions are the only parts of this article that are legally required to be factual. The entire remainder is journalistic embellishment. <br /><br />Dr. Murray told me that this was not my responsibility and asked me to not act like a doctor or psychologist ... and leave Michael's health to him," Ortega said.<br /><br /><br />and,<br /><br /><br />Deputy Dist. Atty. Deborah Brazil said Gongaware would testify about a meeting in which he and other AEG officialswere sharing their concerns with the defendant concerning Mr. Jackson’s health.”<br /><br /><br />For reference:<br /><br /><br />
    Michael Jackson death: Choreographer Ortega to be first witness<br />September 26, 2011 | 12:50 pm<br /><br /> <br />Famed choreographer Kenny Ortega will be the first witness to take the stand at the trial of Michael Jackson’s doctor, a prosecutor said Monday.<br /><br />Ortega, famed for “Dirty Dancing” and “High School Musical,” was the co-creator and co-director of the “This Is It” comeback concerts Jackson was preparing for at the time of his death. In a hearing earlier this year Ortega said the singer’s personal physician, Conrad Murray, assured him that Jackson was healthy enough to perform and even scolded him for canceling rehearsals when Jackson seemed weak.<br /><br />Dr. Murray told me that this was not my responsibility and asked me to not act like a doctor or psychologist ... and leave Michael's health to him," Ortega said.<br /><br />Prosecutors contend that at the time Murray brushed off Ortega and other concert executives, he was giving Jackson nightly doses of the surgical anesthetic on which the singer later overdosed. In comments to a judge Monday, Deputy Dist. Atty. David Walgren said he planned to summon witnesses in a chronological order leading up to and then following Jackson’s death.<br /><br />Ortega is to be followed to the stand by Paul Gongaware, who worked for Jackson’s concert promoter, AEG Live. Gongaware, according to another prosecutor, will also testify about conversations with Murray and Jackson.<br /><br />Deputy Dist. Atty. Deborah Brazil said Gongaware would testify about a meeting in which he and other AEG officials were sharing their concerns with the defendant concerning Mr. Jackson’s health.”<br /><br /><br />Murray, 58, stands accused of involuntary manslaughter. His trial begins with opening statements Tuesday and is expected to last about five weeks.
    <br /><br /><br /><br /><br />I'm not saying the rest are lies, I'm just saying the rest is someone's interpretation of the information. Unfortunately for us, in the media, interpretation is commonly presented as fact.
  • The opening statement will be traslated tomorrow on HLN. Now there is a program about CM trial.
  • Rabbi Shmuley is talking now on behalf of Michael and lawyer Brian.
  • I missed Kenny too... Glad he is back.. I am sure he will talk so well about Michael.. <br />Last night I was watching Nancy Grace,( what grace she is so rude and obnoxious) lolol/ She said that Murray can come out with just a probation.. I think she is preparing us that Murray will not do prison... <br /><br />I wish this would be all over and done with, so Michael can come back.. Today one of my employee told me that I am crazy, Michael is dead, not to waste my time.. I felt like firing him  lolol/ but he is a good therapist I can't do that.. he is also good looking  lolol/ blessings to all.