Michael Jackson's Son Prince I'll Testify ... With Strings Attached

mac5kmac5k Posts: 338
edited September 2011 in News
Michael Jackson's Son Prince I'll Testify ... With Strings Attached <br /><br />0926-prince-jackson-ex.jpg<br /><br />Michael Jackson's eldest son Prince -- an eyewitness to the horrific scene in the bedroom where his father lost his life -- does not want to testify in the Conrad Murray trial, but he's telling family he'll do what needs to be done to get justice for his departed dad.<br /><br />Sources close to Prince tell TMZ ... the 14-year-old is "nervous" and worried that if he's called to the stand he might get flustered and "mess up."  <br /><br />We're told if Prince is called by prosecutors ... Katherine will ask her lawyers to request that the entire courtroom be cleared during his testimony.  Judge Michael Pastor almost certainly will prohibit the media from training a camera on Prince, but it's unlikely he'll clear the courtroom.<br /><br />As we previously reported, Prince is on the prosecution's witness list, since Dr. Murray summoned Prince to the bedroom for help during the emergency.  When Prince arrived, he dissolved into tears.<br /><br />The trial starts today.  We'll be livestreaming opening statements.<br />

Comments

• with strings attached suspicious//? This could have double meaning? help english native speakers
  • on 1317113923:
    <br />with strings attached suspicious// ? This could have double meaning? help english native speakers<br />
    <br /><br /><br /><br />lol i was thinking the same thing with "with string attached" and also "departed dad"
  • _Anna__Anna_ Posts: 1,739
    This is what I found as explanation that could fit this context.<br /><br />- A limiting or hidden condition. Often used in the plural: a gift with no strings attached.<br /><br /><br />What I get from : "I'll Testify ... With Strings Attached" - I'll testify  being guided, or having someone to guide me in what I will say.
  • I understand the same thing as you 2.<br /><br />Like he will be directed what to say.
  • ForstAMoonForstAMoon Posts: 1,126
    Idiom definition for "no strings attached" - If something has no strings attached, there are no obligations or requirements involved.<br /><br /> :D
  • trublutrublu Posts: 1,011
    Worried he will "mess up"? Nooo Prince, you will do great! Just remember to rehearse beforehand! :)
    edit
    pinocchio-wp-04-1024.jpg<br /><br /><br />I think it means prince is being guided.
  • "with strings attached" .... reminds me of a puppet .... being guided by the puppet master ..........MJ ;=)  <br /><br />Real Thriller!
  • With conditions attached.....thats how I read it.<br /><br />[size=12pt]But hasn't he been taking acting lessons specifically for this day ????[/size]
  • I thought of puppetry in Pinocchio.... I don't think of Prince as a puppet at all.  However, he is a boy being guided by his father.  It will be interesting to see what comes of all this.  I think the Jackson family as a whole will stay strong.  <br />My prayers are with them.<br /><br /><br />Blessings Always
  • cassicassi Posts: 175
    on 1317125287:
    <br />With conditions attached.....thats how I read it.<br /><br />[size=12pt]But hasn't he been taking acting lessons specifically for this day ????[/size]<br />
    <br />This is how I read it too, with the conditions being the court room has to be cleared.  With strings attached means doing something but expecting something in return.
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    If he does testify, he might be nervous (flustered) that he might give away that his dad is alive.  He'll do fine, just needs to stick to the script!
  • just putting it out there that young prince is in thoughts and prayers that he stay strong and get through this pressurised situation. stay strong little man - you are stronger than you know. when this is all over you will have a lot of people amazed at your determination to stand by your daddy. also the jackson clan will have your back as well as the ARMY OF L.O.V.E<br /><br />also re: mj being a puppetmaster. i dont agree and think it's not a nice thing to say. not judging. just my opinion.
  • on 1317131521:
    <br />just putting it out there that young prince is in thoughts and prayers that he stay strong and get through this pressurised situation. stay strong little man - you are stronger than you know. when this is all over you will have a lot of people amazed at your determination to stand by your daddy. also the jackson clan will have your back as well as the ARMY OF L.O.V.E<br /><br />also re: mj being a puppetmaster. i dont agree and think it's not a nice thing to say. not judging. just my opinion.<br />
    i agree M.J could never be a puppet master,that is what the evil ones are.i do believe that M.J will be guiding his son,and he will make his father proud as well as us believers.
  • I didn't interpret it as Mike being the 'puppetmaster' over Prince at all...at least not in a negative way.  I do think there's a double meaning here, though.<br /> <br />It could just mean what the article says on the surface...i.e. Prince will testify as long as the conditions, set out by Katherine, are met (even though that would be up to the court).  So the 'strings' are the conditions of having the courtroom cleared, no cameras, etc.<br /> <br />As for the other (potential) meaning...there's another idiom that goes "cutting the apron strings".  This is a figurative way of describing someone 'breaking away' from their parents, and standing on their own.  Until such time...there are 'figurative' strings attached between parent and child.  Taken this way...I interpret it as Prince being really nervous about having to testify, worried that he'll 'mess up'...and therefore, doesn't want those 'strings' to be detached.  <br /> <br />If that's the case...I hope Prince finds the courage that dwells within his dad and allows it to permeate throughout.  You'll be fine Prince...you have ALL our support.  And even if you 'mess up'...we'll still all be so very proud of you.<br /> <br />With L.O.V.E. always.
  • "Sources close to Prince tell TMZ ... the 14-year-old is "nervous" and worried that if he's called to the stand [blink]he might get flustered and "mess up."[/blink] <br /><br />Just tell the truth, Prince!  ;)
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    MJ is the Puppetmaster. <br />
    Among the terms essential to understand discussions about ARGs are:
      [li]
    Puppetmaster - A puppetmaster or "PM" is an individual involved in designing and/or running an ARG. Puppetmasters are simultaneously allies and adversaries to the player base, creating obstacles and providing resources for overcoming them in the course of telling the game's story. Puppetmasters generally remain behind the curtain while a game is running. The real identity of puppet masters may or may not be known ahead of time.[/li][/q]http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:iM_HZTCjhe8J:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternate_reality_game+arg+puppetmaster&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us<br /><br /><br />
    [color=rgb(32, 32, 32)][/color][color=rgb(34, 85, 170)]I, [/color][color=rgb(32, 32, 32)][/color]Puppetmaster[color=rgb(34, 85, 170)]<br />June 6, 2004 · By Line in Opinion <br />In a perfect [/color]ARG[color=rgb(34, 85, 170)] universe nobody would ever know who the puppetmasters of games were. Not before the game started, not during the game and quite possibly not after the game. The PMs would fade into oblivion with only their logs from chat, archives from forums and a deep sense of satisfaction for a game-well-played to gratify them.<br />[/color]
    [color=rgb(32, 32, 32)][/color][color=rgb(34, 85, 170)]<br />http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:ncRVmjKqi78J:www.argn.com/2004/06/i_puppetmaster/+arg+puppetmaster&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us<br /><br />[/color][color=rgb(32, 32, 32)][/color]
    [color=rgb(32, 32, 32)][/color][color=rgb(34, 85, 170)][/color][color=rgb(32, 32, 32)][/color]ARG[color=rgb(34, 85, 170)] Terminology<br />[/color]Puppetmaster[color=rgb(34, 85, 170)] - The [/color]puppetmaster[color=rgb(34, 85, 170)] is responsible for running an[/color]ARG[color=rgb(34, 85, 170)]. Puppetmasters are simultaneously allies and adversaries to the player base, creating obstacles and providing resources for overcoming them in the course of telling the game's story. Puppetmasters generally remain behind the curtain while a game is running. The real identity of puppet masters may or may not be known ahead of time.<br />[/color]
    [color=rgb(32, 32, 32)][/color][color=rgb(34, 85, 170)]<br />http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:8KlxXKiTUm8J:www.innovativelearning.com/instructional_technology/alternate-reality-games.html+arg+puppetmaster&cd=8&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us[/color][color=rgb(32, 32, 32)][/color]
  • The worried he would "mess up" part caught my eye. There's nothing to mess up, if you tell the truth.
  • "Departed" instantly made me think of an airplane taking off... it is often referred to as "departure". Indeed, MJ has "departed" ...:)
    the live stream begun.  what is that photo in the background? I feel like my heart dropped in my stommach, what is this. This wasn't showed anywhere. <br /><br />From TMZ: "Prosecutor David Walgren delivered an opening statement, using a graphic of what appears to be Michael Jackson's body on a gurney."<br /><br />http://www.tmz.com/2011/09/27/michael-jackson-doctor-conrad-murray-opening-statements-involuntary-manslaughter-trial-propofol/<br /><br />unledoif.jpg<br /><br />
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    Where's the endo-tracheal tube? Autopsy said it was still present and it was certainly present in the ambulance pic.<br /><br /><br />What's he wearing? Whatever it is, it appears to have sleeves. His arms are covered. Hospital Snuggy?<br /><br /><br />Looks like he's wearing a watch. Lol.<br /><br /><br />Michael looks exactly how he appeared in Scream video.<br /><br /><br />Great pic. Speaks volumes, no?
    Murray was crying literally.... God I can't anymore.
  • when we get overridden by emotion, when our eyes and ears decieve us, just remember the words to tabloid junkie....<br /><br />when i see family members or cm crying, and if it raises question marks, i think of these three things:<br /><br />33 clues in this is it<br />the body sitting up in chopper<br />all the inconsistencies by jackson events with reporting death specifics<br /><br /><br />these three keys kep me in the faith. when i see tears, pictures and other ploys used to create doubt, i go back to my three things that make this whole DH (to me perdonally) irrefutable beyond a shadow of a doubt.<br />
  • on 1317146218:
    <br />Where's the endo-tracheal tube? Autopsy said it was still present and it was certainly present in the ambulance pic.<br /><br /><br />What's he wearing? Whatever it is, it appears to have sleeves. His arms are covered. Hospital Snuggy?<br /><br /><br />Looks like he's wearing a watch. Lol.<br /><br /><br />Michael looks exactly how he appeared in Scream video.<br /><br /><br />Great pic. Speaks volumes, no?<br />
    <br />Hospital gowns have sleeves...it's just the back that is open. <br /><br />But if he was already dead, there wouldn't be a reason to put him in a hospital gown and if he wasn't already dead, how would they have had time to put him in a gown while trying to save him so that doesn't make sense.<br /><br />It is also weird that the tube is missing but the tape is still there<br /><br />I also think that the face looks younger