Kenny Ortega: "Something Was Wrong" With MJ

AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
edited September 2011 in News
[size=18pt]Kenny Ortega:<br />"Something Was Wrong" With MJ[/size]<br /><br />[size=14pt]Kenny Ortega -- Michael Jackson's Choreographer Testifies[/size]<br />Updated 9/27/11 at 1:50 PM<br /><br />Michael Jackson's friend and choreographer, Kenny Ortega, just took the stand for the prosecution -- claiming Michael was ill in the days leading to his death ... and Dr. Murray berated him when he expressed concern.<br /><br />0927-kenny-ortega-not-ok-video.jpg<br /><br />* Ortega -- creator and director of "This Is It" -- says Michael was "very excited" about the show.<br />* Ortega said in mid to late June, 2009 Michael missed several rehearsals.<br />* On Friday June 19th, Ortega noticed Michael "wasn't right" and that something was going on. Ortega said it "troubled him." He said Michael seemed lost and was "incoherent."<br />* Ortega says he sat with Michael as he watched the rehearsals -- rubbing Michael's feet because the singer was freezing cold. Michael left early that day.<br />* Ortega says he was so worried about Michael, he sent an email to AEG Live CEO Randy Phillips (below) -- saying Michael needed psychological help. <br /><br />0927-kenny-ortega-email-video2.jpg<br /><br />*Ortega says he was confronted by Murray during a meeting at Michael's home on June 20th. Murray  told him he was upset Ortega didn't let him rehearse, berating him for acting like a doctor.<br />* Ortega says on June 23, barely 4 days after Michael was sick, he came to rehearsals full of energy. Ortega said "it was a different Michael."<br />* On June 25th, Ortega got a phone call from "This Is It" producer Paul Gongaware saying an ambulance had taken Michael to the hospital. Paul called later and told Ortega, "we lost him."<br />* During cross examination, Ortega told defense attorney Ed Chernoff, Murray was in charge of Michael's schedule leading up to his death.<br />* When asked whether he thought Michael was abusing drugs, Ortega said yes.<br />* Ortega said right before June 19th, Michael "went missing for about a week."<br />* Ortega stepped down subject to recall.

Comments

• Do you know what I noticed - among other things? That Kenny, Dr Murray, and Paul Gongaware all had on blue ties that were very similar. I'm not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere but I thought I'd post it all the same.<br /><br />I also saw on Twitter that Pearl Jr said there was a toy elephant in the room...didn't see it myself but will check it out.<br /><br />PS to those that are distraught because Dr Murray cried - look at the movies. Actors cry. Not to be mean but...look beyond the surface. Blessings!<br /><br />Hugs bearhug
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    on 1317166935:
    <br />Do you know what I noticed - among other things? That Kenny, Dr Murray, and Paul Gongaware all had on blue ties that were very similar. I'm not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere but I thought I'd post it all the same.<br /><br />I also saw on Twitter that Pearl Jr said there was a toy elephant in the room...didn't see it myself but will check it out.<br /><br />PS to those that are distraught because Dr Murray cried - look at the movies. Actors cry. Not to be mean but...look beyond the surface. Blessings!<br /><br />Hugs bearhug <br />
    <br /> <br /> <br /> <br />you're right  /judge/ suspicious// :lol: <br /> <br /> <br /> <br />0927-conrad-murray-1.jpg<br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br />0927-kenny-ortega-not-ok-video.jpg<br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br />Video of Paul Gongaware<br />http://www.tmz.com/2011/09/27/michael-jackson-doctor-conrad-murray-opening-statements-involuntary-manslaughter-trial-propofol-aeg-live-co-ceo-paul-gongaware/<br />
  • on 1317166935:
    <br />Do you know what I noticed - among other things? That Kenny, Dr Murray, and Paul Gongaware all had on blue ties that were very similar. I'm not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere but I thought I'd post it all the same.<br /><br />I also saw on Twitter that Pearl Jr said there was a toy elephant in the room...didn't see it myself but will check it out.<br /><br />PS to those that are distraught because Dr Murray cried - look at the movies. Actors cry. Not to be mean but...look beyond the surface. Blessings!<br /><br />Hugs bearhug <br />
    <br /> <br />Actually I do not want to sound or be mean but i was laughing my a.s.s off when Murray started to have tears.. I said to my friend look he is shedding crocodile tears.. boo hoo! He is a very good actor.  /bravo/
  • So, Kenny offered Michael food, rubbed his feet, etc. What is up with rubbing MJ's feet? Wasn't it Kathy Hilton who rubbed MJ's feet in the hospital?<br /><br />All I can picture with this is where Jesus would wash the feet of his disciples. I don't know what else to make of that statement.<br /><br />Also - where did I read that Murray treated MJ for a broken foot and toe fungus...<br /><br />I just can't get the picture of rubbing Michael's feet out of my mind. I know I would do this in a heartbeat but something seems odd with this sentence.<br />
  • jilljill Posts: 917
    Interesting that now the trial is here  Kenny is saying Michael was in poor health and was losing weight, however when he was promoting TII on Oprah and every other news show he raved about how Michael was in great health and exellent form on stage....at the top of his game.  Which is it, Kenny???
  • skywaysskyways Posts: 745
    Elefant toy@- did we Really miss Elefant in the Room?? <br />Person on disguise from jury - anyone who is watching tv stream?
  • seems like early on there was this mention of dancers feet. never made since to me cause i assumed that was only something like ballet dancers had to deal with. @jill , yeah think maybe we need a what they said then what they are saying now thread.
  • Kenny got told...Murray told him to stop being a "amateur doctor"...ahhh looks who's talking, doing one handed CPR now that's amateurish.
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    Also - where did I read that Murray treated MJ for a broken foot and toe fungus...<br />
    <br />Chernoff's opening statement<br />
    *Ortega says he was confronted by Murray during a meeting at Michael's home on June 20th. Murray  told him he was upset Ortega didn't let him rehearse, berating him for acting like a doctor.
    <br />Wish I could find that article that said MJ considered himself to be a self taught doctor. This reminds me of it.
  • i've missed you kenny! so now michael wasn't well? how odd 2 years changes opinions. <br /><br />as for murray crying....if you try and put yourself in his shoes for a minute...<br />let's say he's an actor. well, he's an actor who is getting blamed by many (media, blind fans, public) for "killing" the King of Pop for 2 years. now he's on trial - a fake trial- but a trial nonetheless. i would get pretty emotional. i'd be run down. i think he's doing his job splendidly, but he's not a robot. he has emotions. i'm sure this shit gets to him. i wouldn't take tears as our turn to throw up a white flag and declare this a loss. i'm sure michael's somewhere in that courtroom. <br /><br /><br />someone mentioned an elephant being in the courtroom....someone told me once elephants bring good luck. maybe it's just a little extra good energy for the first day of the finale (i believe).
  • The elephant was on the table of a lady who read the oath to Ortega. At the verrrry beginning of his testimony :)
  • finfinfinfin Posts: 648
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/jackotrial/3840618/Tour-boss-Kenny-Ortega-My-pal-Michael-Jackson-was-like-lost-boy<br /><br />[size=12pt]Tour boss Kenny Ortega: My pal Michael Jackson 'was like a lost boy'[/size]<br /><br />This headline stands out for me - another Peter Pan connection - thank you Kenny<br />Remember his tweet <br />“Smee: Captain, the ice is melting, the sun is out and the flowers are all in bloom Captain Hook: He’s back” <br /><br />http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Boys_(Peter_Pan)<br /><br />250px-PeterPan2.jpg -But-I-m-Peter-Pan-in-my-heart-MJ-michael-jackson-18932201-300-425.jpg<br /><br />Peter Pan's Lost Boys are characters in J. M. Barrie's play Peter Pan, or The Boy Who Wouldn't Grow Up and subsequent adaptations and extensions to the story. They are boys who fall out of their prams when the nurse isn't looking and were lost by their nannies in places such as Kensington Gardens. Having gone unclaimed for seven days, they were whisked off to Neverland, where they live with Peter Pan. There are no "lost girls", because (as Peter explains) girls are much too clever to fall out of their prams and be lost in this manner<br /><br />
  • goatgoat Posts: 46
    I found what kenny said about the reheasal schedule most interesting.Apparently,the 25th june,kenny and michael were going to be working on part of the show(TII tour) called The Illusion in which michael would be transported from one place to the next.It was at that point that I started to feel at ease again.