Michael Jackson Estate: 'We'd Like Justice to Be Done'

PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
edited January 1970 in News
[size=14pt]Michael Jackson Estate: 'We'd Like Justice to Be Done'[/size]<br /><br />1222309-conrad-murray-trial-jackson-fans-617.jpg<br /><br />The estate of Michael Jackson is, of course, watching the trial of Dr. Conrad Murray with great interest -- but with no formal involvement in the proceedings other than wanting "just to be done," according to one of the executors.<br /><br />"The estate's role will be to watch it," attorney Howard Weitzman tells Billboard.com. "Having done a few of these types of trials over the years myself, we know the evidence will play out, the jury will come to some decision, and we'll watch it. From my personal perspective and from the estate's perspective, we'd like justice to be done. We know the system sometimes has flaws and the result you'd like to see doesn't always happen. All we can hope is that justice prevails here."<br /><br />The trial began Tuesday and has already featured bombshell testimony from the late star's security personnel, who prosecutors hope can prove Murray delayed in calling for help in order to conceal evidence he had been over-medicating the singer. On Friday, jurors will hear from two paramedics that arrived at Jackson's home and tried to resuscitate him.<br /><br />As to how Jackson will be portrayed as the trial goes on, particularly during Murray's defense, Weitzman says those maintaining the estate are "not worried about it. He may be portrayed differently than I'd like to see him portrayed, but his genius speaks itself.<br /><br />"I like to say, 'What do you want to know about Michael Jackson? Press the play button.' That's all there is to say."<br /><br />The Jackson estate is preparing for the Oct. 2 launch of Cirque du Soleil's Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour and is eyeballing some new projects for 2012, including a possible 25th anniversary reissue of Jackson's "Bad" album and another collection of unreleased material to follow-up 2010's "Michael."<br /><br />As for the unauthorized tribute concert that members of Jackson's family has planned for Oct. 8 in Wales, which is slated to feature performances by the Black Eyed Peas, Christina Aguilera and Leona Lewis, Weitzman says the estate is "kind of watching it like everybody else. They've never really had any discussions with us, so we're just watching it all go by."<br /><br />http://www.billboard.com/news/michael-jackson-estate-we-d-like-justice-1005378392.story#/news/michael-jackson-estate-we-d-like-justice-1005378392.story

Comments

• If Michael is dead, the true justice for him would be to convict CM with 1st or 2nd degree murder and continue  investigating who was behind it plus place charges on other doctors.<br /> <br />As of now, I don't understand what justice family talks about that they seek: to convict Murray with manslaughter? He will be covicted with that judging by trial so far. But that is NOT what happened IF MJ is dead. Will the family, Estate and fans  be satisfied if CM gets 4 years in prison and revocation of license? That is it? I would not!<br />I am confused.
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    Justice for Michael for the false accusations that sought to destroy him. <br /><br /><br />Scorpionchick, you spend so much energy disbelieving.
  • scorpionchikscorpionchik Posts: 2,669
    on 1317453014:
    <br />Justice for Michael for the false accusations that sought to destroy him. <br /><br /><br />Scorpionchick, you spend so much energy disbelieving.<br />
    <br /> <br />Who told you I disbelieve? You misunderstand my approach on the first place, secondly, I would say you Bec are engaged in illusions too much therefore when people do NOT wish to destort reality, you call them almost "stupid"  because "they don't see something WOW that you see". Not right. Maybe quite opposit......
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    on 1317453014:
    <br />Justice for Michael for the false accusations that sought to destroy him. <br />
    <br /><br />Yes. He was found innocent at the trial but the media and the public judged him and found guilty way before the trial. Some still believe that he molested kids. Family wants Justice for that but I do not know how justice is going to be done for that issue. Are the ones who created those false accusations to Michael going to be exposed after the trial? Is the sting against them? ... Many questions. Time will show.
  • scorpionchikscorpionchik Posts: 2,669
    on 1317510347:
    <br />
    on 1317453014:
    <br />Justice for Michael for the false accusations that sought to destroy him. <br />
    <br /><br />Yes. He was found innocent at the trial but the media and the public judged him and found guilty way before the trial. Some still believe that he molested kids. Family wants Justice for that but I do not know how justice is going to be done for that issue. Are the ones who created those false accusations to Michael going to be exposed after the trial? Is the sting against them? ... Many questions. Time will show.<br />
    <br /> <br />And you believe that the hoax is all about that?