Forum

Comments

• hmmm.. i just posted and now its not here weird........ <br /><br />anyway, it just said that the MJGHI banner still takes you to livestream and chat
  • trublutrublu Posts: 1,011
    Well it seems to be running and loading a lot faster for me with it like this. Thank you very much for your hard work.
  • BeTheChangeBeTheChange Posts: 1,569
    Wow...I've been away for a couple days and come back to a whole new looking (and working) forum  ::P.  I don't know how you do it Souza...how you 'fit' all this into your day/life.  I could probably find/make time to do what you must do daily for the forum (although that wouldn't be easy)...but I would definitely lack in techicial abilities, patience...and by extension, commitment (in that order lol).<br /><br />Thanks for being super in all three  /bravo/<br /><br />I haven't been on the 'new' forum long enough yet to notice many 'technical' issues (if I come across any others, I'll post about them).  But I've noticed what's already been mentioned...<br />- the smileys don't appear above the 'quick reply' option, but they do appear in the 'preview' menu (hope that makes sense)<br />- the words 'post', 'preview', 'save as draft' don't appear until I scroll over them...they're just empty boxes (until I scroll over them)<br />- I used to be able to click on 'home' to see the latest posts...I think 'home' now takes me to the forum page (what you used to get when you clicked on forum).  I think I can get the same thing by clicking on 'unread posts'...so it's not a big deal<br /><br />None of these are 'big deals'...they are minor things we can get by without....but we've been spoiled  :lol:<br /><br />With L.O.V.E. always.
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    on 1320024533:
    <br />Wow...I've been away for a couple days and come back to a whole new looking (and working) forum  ::P.  I don't know how you do it Souza...how you 'fit' all this into your day/life.  I could probably find/make time to do what you must do daily for the forum (although that wouldn't be easy)...but I would definitely lack in techicial abilities, patience...and by extension, commitment (in that order lol).<br /><br />Thanks for being super in all three  /bravo/<br /><br />I haven't been on the 'new' forum long enough yet to notice many 'technical' issues (if I come across any others, I'll post about them).  But I've noticed what's already been mentioned...<br />- the smileys don't appear above the 'quick reply' option, but they do appear in the 'preview' menu (hope that makes sense)<br />- the words 'post', 'preview', 'save as draft' don't appear until I scroll over them...they're just empty boxes (until I scroll over them)<br />- I used to be able to click on 'home' to see the latest posts...I think 'home' now takes me to the forum page (what you used to get when you clicked on forum).  I think I can get the same thing by clicking on 'unread posts'...so it's not a big deal<br /><br />None of these are 'big deals'...they are minor things we can get by without....but we've been spoiled  :lol:<br /><br />With L.O.V.E. always.<br />
    <br /><br />I will see if I can photoshop the buttons. I can see the text, but that might be because of my screen resolution/graphic card because apparently I am one of the few. Will do that later.<br /><br />The smilies are indeed not in the quick reply field anymore. If you want to use smilies or other codes, you have to click 'reply' and go to full post mode.<br /><br />The home page has some issues, it's in an older format and won't install as I want it to. I am trying to make it work at the moment or otherwise I will try to find an alternative portal.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Thanks Souza...I'm sure you're doing what you can...no doubts about that.  Even if things stay the way they are, it's still the best hoax forum out there :).  The major thing, IMO, was the speed and that looks like it's been fixed.<br /><br />With L.O.V.E. always.
  • Thanks Souza, this works way better for me on my phone.
  • Great, it is the same it was before, this is much better..
    The 'home' button now takes us to the same page as before...thanks SO much Souza  beerchug<br /><br />With L.O.V.E. always.
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    I don't seem to be able to post youtube videos anymore. What am I doing wrong? When I click inside youtube brackets, my profile comes up. Never had this happen before.<br />
  • alfarlealfarle Posts: 440
    Hello ;)) Just wondering...is there a way I can get the normal scrolling of the page back rather than using the arrow buttons? The scrolling doesn't work the same anymore like the typical place your mouse on the scroll bar(click and drag down). I tried changing the theme to light and it's still the same thing. Thanks bearhug
  • ForstAMoonForstAMoon Posts: 1,126
    All works fine here, and I have to admit - the pokes are the best  lolol/ lolol/ lolol/
  • :) I love the new design thanks Souza :)<br />But I don't know if it's my computer, but each time i click on a page, a pop up show up and ask me about the script, and if i continue, my computer can stop running...And is it normal that i can't use the right click to open in a new page? If i made a right click, it open a box, and i cannot read what it because the box is larger than the page....and it's slower to open page...Did I have to do something on my computer?
  • AdiAdi Posts: 1,834
    on 1320058997:
    <br />:) I love the new design thanks Souza :)<br />But I don't know if it's my computer, but each time i click on a page, a pop up show up and ask me about the script, and if i continue, my computer can stop running...And is it normal that i can't use the right click to open in a new page? If i made a right click, it open a box, and i cannot read what it because the box is larger than the page....and it's slower to open page...Did I have to do something on my computer?<br />
    <br /><br />This was happening to me as well. The pop up said:<br /><br />"Stop running  this script? A script on  this page is causing IE to run slowly. If it continues to run your computer may become unresponsive"<br /><br />I tried fixing it by changing my Internet Options, I defragged my hard drive, I did a disk cleanup...but it was still doing the same. I downloaded a fix-it file from Microsoft..but it still did the same. Every page  on this site was freezing but no other webpages I went to were and I also couldn't log into the site. <br /><br />So I figured it was some glich between Internet Explorer and the new format. <br /><br />So I swapped to Google Chrome and it works like a dream now :) plus it loads soooo much faster than the previous format. So all is good now I have swapped to Chrome.
  • on 1320059777:
    <br />
    on 1320058997:
    <br />:) I love the new design thanks Souza :)<br />But I don't know if it's my computer, but each time i click on a page, a pop up show up and ask me about the script, and if i continue, my computer can stop running...And is it normal that i can't use the right click to open in a new page? If i made a right click, it open a box, and i cannot read what it because the box is larger than the page....and it's slower to open page...Did I have to do something on my computer?<br />
    <br /><br />This was happening to me as well. The pop up said:<br /><br />"Stop running  this script? A script on  this page is causing IE to run slowly. If it continues to run your computer may become unresponsive"<br /><br />I tried fixing it by changing my Internet Options, I defragged my hard drive, I did a disk cleanup...but it was still doing the same. I downloaded a fix-it file from Microsoft..but it still did the same. Every page  on this site was freezing but no other webpages I went to were and I also couldn't log into the site. <br /><br />So I figured it was some glich between Internet Explorer and the new format. <br /><br />So I swapped to Google Chrome and it works like a dream now :) plus it loads soooo much faster than the previous format. So all is good now I have swapped to Chrome.<br />
    <br /><br />thanks!! i will try it for sure :)
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    As they do to copy and paste an article of any means?
  • I cannot "right-click" on the pictures and other links to open them in a new window! What I get is a small square with a summary of my profile like this:
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    Sorted out my problem. I clicked box to disable right click in my profile and now I can again post links and vids. But you would think that by clicking to disable it it would do the opposite????Is this a glitch.<br /><br />@VeryLittleSusie...this is what happened for me as well. After I disabled the right click option in  modify profile, I can once again right click.
    on 1320075937:
    <br />Sorted out my problem. I clicked box to disable right click in my profile and now I can again post links and vids. But you would think that by clicking to disable it it would do the opposite????Is this a glitch.<br /><br />@VeryLittleSusie...this is what happened for me as well. After I disabled the right click option in  modify profile, I can once again right click. <br />
    <br /><br /><br /><br /> good, now works, thanks RK<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />
    I always use Chrome, because it works ten times better then IE. Yet I did test on IE as well, since many people still use IE. It works fine by me in IE too, are you guys sure you have the latest version of IE?<br /><br />As for the right-click box: it's a box that can take you to your most recent topics/posts or pm's in a heartbeat, wherever you are on the forum. If it's not working for you (katooooo, what is your screen resolution?) then you can deactivate it in your profile settings. If you do want to use the tool, and also want to copy and past, I suggest you learn to copy and paste with your keyboard. Ctrl C for copy and Ctrl V to paste. I never use right click for that, but that's just something you should get used to.<br /><br />Can anyone tell me what exactly that script message is? Or post a screenshot or something?

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    Souza thank you for bringing the homepage back! It looks perfect now and I hope it is working fast and good for everyone.
    on 1320096372:
    <br />Souza thank you for bringing the homepage back! It looks perfect now and I hope it is working fast and good for everyone.<br />
    <br /><br />See how it HELPS more when you actually say WHAT you don't like? You might get an answer or even what you want in that case.

• SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    Hello Souza. There was a feature that I liked a lot, we could read 10 pages of the most recent posts without having to go in the threads but it's been removed (we now have the most recent topics). I don't know if it's possible to have this back or not? Anyway the forum looks great and thanks for all the hard work, it's greatly appreciated.  :)
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    on 1320097438:
    <br />
    on 1320096372:
    <br />Souza thank you for bringing the homepage back! It looks perfect now and I hope it is working fast and good for everyone.<br />
    <br /><br />See how it HELPS more when you actually say WHAT you don't like? You might get an answer or even what you want in that case.<br />
    <br /><br />Actually I asked if you are done with changing the forum or not. You could answer that. I thought you could understand what I didn't like when I said I didn't like the way it looks lol But yeah maybe I should have said the Homepage. Thank you again. It looks super hot!  geek/
    I used IE i am not accustomed to the Chrome,.. i am a useless without the mouse
    on 1320098137:
    <br />Hello Souza. There was a feature that I liked a lot, we could read 10 pages of the most recent posts without having to go in the threads but it's been removed (we now have the most recent topics). I don't know if it's possible to have this back or not? Anyway the forum looks great and thanks for all the hard work, it's greatly appreciated.  :)<br />
    <br /><br />It's still there: http://www.michaeljacksonhoaxforum.com/smf2.0/index.php?action=recent<br /><br />Click the icon in the bar before 'recent posts' on the homepage to get to it.

This discussion has been closed.