The New Forum Lay-out and Features

Comments

• Hey Souza,<br /><br />I really like the new forum layout, its all clear to me. Thank you for you're hard work! I'll appreciated it very much. <br />
  • Katie2Katie2 Posts: 162
    on 1320892165:
    <br />I can't seem to upload an avatar now. Nor can I get the avatar by url to show up even tho the site says my avatar has been successfully changed. This only happened since yesterday for me when I decided I needed a change of picture which was after the site was down for maintenance.  Any help welcome, or RK will have to remain a bland, colourless white box. /overreacting/<br />
    <br /><br /><br />Hey don't diss the bland colourless white boxes :P
  • I am loving the snow  penguin/ (how can I get this on my website?), but I am finding that I have to scroll for miles across the page to read each post. I have a decent size monitor so I don't think that is the problem.  :?
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    on 1323944280:
    <br />I am loving the snow  penguin/ (how can I get this on my website?), but I am finding that I have to scroll for miles across the page to read each post. I have a decent size monitor so I don't think that is the problem.  :?<br />
    <br /><br />I can't tell you how to get it on your site, unless you have an SMF forum.<br /><br />I don't know about the scrolling, seems like your page doesn't wrap the text as it should. bec had the same problem, while having the same screen resolution. You can set your theme back to the default one on the homepage to solve the problem. It only means you will not have the christmas theme anymore (but you will still have the snow).

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• oveliasovelias Posts: 118
    @souza the new baground is grade and qute. i love it. thanks. 10 days antil christmas. hohoho. :)
  • on 1323944497:
    <br />
    on 1323944280:
    <br />I am loving the snow  penguin/ (how can I get this on my website?), but I am finding that I have to scroll for miles across the page to read each post. I have a decent size monitor so I don't think that is the problem.  :?<br />
    <br /><br />I can't tell you how to get it on your site, unless you have an SMF forum.<br /><br />I don't know about the scrolling, seems like your page doesn't wrap the text as it should. bec had the same problem, while having the same screen resolution. You can set your theme back to the default one on the homepage to solve the problem. It only means you will not have the christmas theme anymore (but you will still have the snow).<br />
    <br /><br />Thanks Souza!<br /><br />I'll try it on my other computer as well.<br /><br />I love the way the snow even falls on the photos!
  • ForstAMoonForstAMoon Posts: 1,126
    on 1323944280:
    <br />I am loving the snow  penguin/ (how can I get this on my website?), but I am finding that I have to scroll for miles across the page to read each post. I have a decent size monitor so I don't think that is the problem.  :? <br />
    <br /><br />I am not an expert here but maybe this is your forum layout setting problem. If you go to Profile --> Modify Profile --> Look and Layout - there is "Messages to display per page:" . It shows 25 messages by default, but you may change it to e.g. 5. It does not change your forum layout but shortens the length of page to display. <br /><br />Then the scrolling is not that cumbersome.
  • i also have screenwidth that goes on and on for ever and a day. back to old settings for me
    on 1323949098:
    <br />i also have screenwidth that goes on and on for ever and a day. back to old settings for me<br />
    <br /><br />In case of some threads I have the same problem. In my case though it is due to some formating issues with previous forum reconciliation e.g. where the messages were posted under the previous phpboard forum format and show very large fonts. Once I see that and I fix the font size - then my sreenwidth is fixed as well. <br /><br />I can see there are still some threads with large fonts left and I try to fix them as soon as I see them.<br /><br />
  • emulikemulik Posts: 1,009
    Thank you Souza for new winter snowy theme..it is really amazing!! /bravo/
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    I loved it so much too. Thanks Souza.  /bravo/
  • Souza & team, I love the snowy front :) <br /><br />Though, I've some problems with posting because of the screen width too. The post/preview icon seems to be miles away lol.
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    Those who have a very wide forum should be better off with the old (default) theme. You can set the forum back to that theme on the homepage. I have no idea why it does that for some, here it's working fine.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    This is a test post to see if I can post pictures or not.... if there is no picture showing up then I have a problem.<br /><br />snowflakes-fantasy-blue-seamless-sm.jpg<br /><br />Okay it works I don't know what happened. <br /><br />Hi Souza!  ;))
    on 1323962618:
    <br />This is a test post to see if I can post pictures or not.... if there is no picture showing up then I have a problem.<br /><br />snowflakes-fantasy-blue-seamless-sm.jpg<br />
    <br /><br /> /bravo/
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    Thank you Forst! I am proud of myself  :lol: :lol:<br /><br /> bearhug
  • on 1323962155:
    <br />Those who have a very wide forum should be better off with the old (default) theme. You can set the forum back to that theme on the homepage. I have no idea why it does that for some, here it's working fine.<br />
    <br /><br />Yey, it worked, thanks Souz. The 'old' theme and it's still snowing :)
  • MichelleMichelle Posts: 325
    I like this new look Souza, thanks again for your hard work for keeping the forum alive  :) <br />This Christmas theme is so funny, love it very much  :D<br />Thanks!
  • on 1323966253:
    <br />
    on 1323962155:
    <br />Those who have a very wide forum should be better off with the old (default) theme. You can set the forum back to that theme on the homepage. I have no idea why it does that for some, here it's working fine.<br />
    <br /><br />Yey, it worked, thanks Souz. The 'old' theme and it's still snowing :)<br />
    <br /><br />Ha! I love the Christmas theme Souza and appreciate all your hard work, but I'm still having a few glitches:<br /><br />1. My screen-width goes on & on forever also, but WITHOUT the sidebars; OMG! I can't even FIND them.  :lol: When I scroll with the mouse far left or right as suggested on pg 1 I get nothing; no opts for showing or hiding the side bars.<br /><br />2. I tried to reset to the default setting on the home page, but the change wont stick; it goes back to this layout. And now that I'm actually posting, I'm getting a little bit of drag on the typing speed; computer can't seem to keep up with my fingers.  :P<br /><br />I have Firefox so if anyone has any easy suggestions I'll try them; but I have to warn you I'm technologically challenged!  bangbang<br /><br /> bearhug
  • on 1323969728:
    <br />
    on 1323966253:
    <br />
    on 1323962155:
    <br /><br />Yey, it worked, thanks Souz. The 'old' theme and it's still snowing :)<br />
    <br /><br />Ha! I love the Christmas theme Souza and appreciate all your hard work, but I'm still having a few glitches:<br /><br />1. My screen-width goes on & on forever also, but WITHOUT the sidebars; OMG! I can't even FIND them.  :lol: When I scroll with the mouse far left or right as suggested on pg 1 I get nothing; no opts for showing or hiding the side bars.<br /><br />2. I tried to reset to the default setting on the home page, but the change wont stick; it goes back to this layout. And now that I'm actually posting, I'm getting a little bit of drag on the typing speed; computer can't seem to keep up with my fingers.  :P<br /><br />I have Firefox so if anyone has any easy suggestions I'll try them; but I have to warn you I'm technologically challenged!  bangbang<br /><br /> bearhug<br />
    <br /><br />Ok... after playing around I finally was able to reset to the default. (Old Forum layout)  BIG MISTAKE... everything is much slower and will not load as before so I'm back to the new Christmas layout; MUCH BETTER.  So issue number two is off the books; now if I can just figure out the side bar & wide screen issue.
  • diggyondiggyon Posts: 1,376
    I LOOOOOOOOOOOOve the snoooooooooooowwwww<br />It's greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.............Thank you Souza.
  • Hi Souza - thanks for all the hard work, I appreciate it.  Sadly I am one of the ones that has to stay with the old theme as my screen was not wide enough...I got so frustrated at 6 a.m. this morning I was ready for a glass of wine instead of coffee!  Also, there was nothing I could do to get my stats to show, left bar, right bar in the air and out the door!  But what a beautiful job you did!  I have switched back a couple of thymes just because the new theme is so fantastic!  Oh well you can't win them all at least I still have snow flying across my screen...That is really COOL.  Thanks for everything Souza.  Take care, Love to You! ;D<br />
  • blankieblankie Posts: 2,350
    on 1320375962:
    <br />Someone voted 'I never had problems loading but forum is slow for me now' without leaving a comment. If you don't explain what your problem is, I won't be able to help.<br />
    <br /><br />I dont see the  tab post if I want answer normally with reply    :(    ...I love so much the new version of our forum  :o    even I don't see the  all page  ???/  ....Love you all  ;))    :)
  • MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    on 1323944497:
    <br />
    on 1323944280:
    <br /><br />I can't tell you how to get it on your site, unless you have an SMF forum.<br /><br />I don't know about the scrolling, seems like your page doesn't wrap the text as it should. bec had the same problem, while having the same screen resolution. You can set your theme back to the default one on the homepage to solve the problem. It only means you will not have the christmas theme anymore (but you will still have the snow).<br />
    <br /><br />Yes, the same problem is for me, with the text not wrapping & I have a 1600 x 900 computer screen. It's fine though, thank you for all your hard work! bearhug
  • blankieblankie Posts: 2,350
    on 1323983152:
    <br />
    on 1323944497:
    <br />
    on 1323944280:
    <br /><br />Yes, the same problem is for me, with the text not wrapping & I have a 1600 x 900 computer screen. It's fine though, thank you for all your hard work! bearhug<br />
    <br /><br /><br /><br />Same problem...    :o    For me is impossible to see all the page    :-[ ...I go up and down.... :-[ :( :D
This discussion has been closed.