Dr. Conrad Murray Tells Lawyers: I Want To Speak At My Sentencing Hearing

PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
edited January 1970 in Dr. Conrad Murray
Dr. Conrad Murray Tells Lawyers: I Want To Speak At My Sentencing Hearing<br /><br />Conrad-Murray-sentencing-speak-WENN.jpg<br /><br />Dr. Conrad Murray has told his lawyers that he wants to formally address the court and Los Angeles Judge Michael Pastor at his upcoming sentencing hearing in the Michael Jackson death case, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting.<br /><br />Murray was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in the King of Pop's shocking death and is currently behind bars pending the hearing slated for Tuesday, November 29.<br /><br />The doctor -- who has had his medical license in California yanked -- has told his legal team that he will be speaking at the sentencing hearing.<br /><br />"Dr. Murray wanted to testify, and feels that if he had, there is no way he would have been convicted. Murray is livid that his lawyers didn't put him on the stand and has said he plans on pleading with Judge Michael Pastor for mercy. Murray will admit no guilt, and not take any responsibility for his actions. Murray plans on appealing and wants the judge to give him probation only for killing Michael Jackson," a source close to the situation says.<br /><br />As RadarOnline.com previously reported, Murray's decision to participate in a documentary about the trial could be used at his sentencing hearing.<br /><br />The convicted felon sat down with the Today Show before being found guilty of killing Jackson on June 25, 2009.<br /><br />"I don't feel guilty, because I did not do anything wrong, I am very, very sorry for the loss of Michael... Michael is a personal friend. It's heartfelt. It's been painful," Murray told Today's Savannah Guthrie.<br /><br />Murray's interview with Guthrie and a British reporter, as well as the documentary, which aired in the U.S. on MSNBC, could be played by the District Attorney during the proceedings.<br /><br />It's expected that several Jackson family members will make victim impact statements at the hearing, and Michael's children could write letters to the judge that could be read aloud in court by the Jacksons.<br /><br />Murray could be sentenced to four years in state prison.<br /><br />http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/11/dr-conrad-murray-speak-sentencing-michael-jackson-death-trial

Comments

• PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    The show is not over yet guys!  Murray will be speaking!  /woohoo/
  • <br />"I don't feel guilty, because I did not do anything wrong, I am very, very sorry for the loss of Michael... Michael [size=14pt]is[/size] a personal friend. It's heartfelt. It's been painful," Murray told Today's Savannah Guthrie.<br />
    <br /><br />I bet I know what Murray will say..."I have told da troot and I believe da troot will prevail"... :lol:<br />
  • [size=12pt]cant wait for murray to spk!! will definitely be getting the pop corn out for this one!![/size]<br /><br />2qkjwpt.gif<br /><br />popcornmunchMJ.gif
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    on 1322016607:
    <br />
    <br />"I don't feel guilty, because I did not do anything wrong, I am very, very sorry for the loss of Michael... Michael [size=14pt]is[/size] a personal friend. It's heartfelt. It's been painful," Murray told Today's Savannah Guthrie.<br />
    <br /><br />I bet I know what Murray will say..."I have told da troot and I believe da troot will prevail"... :lol:<br />
    <br /><br />
    on 1322017804:
    <br />[size=12pt]cant wait for murray to spk!! will definitely be getting the pop corn out for this one!![/size]<br /><br />2qkjwpt.gif<br /><br />popcornmunchMJ.gif<br />
    <br /><br /> :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • on 1322019616:
    <br />
    on 1322016607:
    <br />
    <br />"I don't feel guilty, because I did not do anything wrong, I am very, very sorry for the loss of Michael... Michael [size=14pt]is[/size] a personal friend. It's heartfelt. It's been painful," Murray told Today's Savannah Guthrie.<br />
    <br /><br />OMG, that is too funny!  I can't wait!!!<br /><br />I bet I know what Murray will say..."I have told da troot and I believe da troot will prevail"... :lol:<br />
    <br /><br />
    on 1322017804:
    <br />[size=12pt]cant wait for murray to spk!! will definitely be getting the pop corn out for this one!![/size]<br /><br />2qkjwpt.gif<br /><br />popcornmunchMJ.gif<br />
    <br /><br /> :lol: :lol: :lol:<br />
  • Crap  :?
  • I think when Conrad speaks is when this hoax is done....(exhale)
  • The hoax is done......when we stop count numbers together in order to get sevens, nines and elevens............ geek/
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    Oh, how I hope this will happen - with family statements and children's letters as well! Is this normal procedure for a sentencing hearing? I don't know about these things. Now I just have to keep all my emotions under control till Tuesday - this could either be mega amazing .... or not!
  • becca26becca26 Posts: 789
    Will it be put on tv????
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    Witness statements including family letters are common. The family is typically allowed to speak at a sentencing hearing.<br /><br />Fan letters... on the other hand as was widely rumored on the fan boards... not normal.
    on 1322034630:
    <br />Will it be put on tv????<br />
    <br /><br />YUP!!<br /><br />ABC7 Murray Trial<br />abc7MurrayTrial ABC7 Murray Trial<br />On another note, Judge Pastor approved our request for cameras to film sentencing of Dr Murray. We'll live stream the entire hearing.<br />21 Nov<br /><br />http://twitter.com/#!/abc7murraytrial
    on 1322035045:
    <br />Witness statements including family letters are common. The family is typically allowed to speak at a sentencing hearing.<br /><br />Fan letters... on the other hand as was widely rumored on the fan boards... not normal.<br />
    <br /><br />So this could be quite a lengthy session then? I'd been thinking it'd be a quick in and out jobbie - you know, judge says house arrest, off you go!
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    @Curls, yes, I'd expect at least a couple of hours if not half a day or longer.
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    <br />
    on 1322035144:
    <br />
    on 1322034630:
    <br />Will it be put on tv????<br />
    <br /><br />YUP!!<br /><br />ABC7 Murray Trial<br />abc7MurrayTrial ABC7 Murray Trial<br />On another note, Judge Pastor approved our request for cameras to film sentencing of Dr Murray. We'll live stream the entire hearing.<br />21 Nov<br /><br />http://twitter.com/#!/abc7murraytrial<br />
    <br /><br />50s-family-watching-tv-o.jpg
  • am i right in saying that in terms of the numerology, 30.11.11 is 777 + 1 day since 25.06.11 <br /><br />will be interesting to see what happens day after verdict (thats if it is on the 29th) perhaps verdict will be completed the next day on 30.11.11<br /><br />
  • alfarlealfarle Posts: 440
    on 1322016607:
    <br />
    <br /><br /><br />LMBO!!!!! :lol: lolol/ :lol: lolol/ :lol: lolol/  Too funny!
  • @MJonmind :lol: ...that's how my TV looks like... :lol: ...jk...I love that era, the 50's and 60's are my fav era's.
  • on 1322042131:
    <br />am i right in saying that in terms of the numerology, 30.11.11 is 777 + 1 day since 25.06.11 <br /><br />
    <br />Not quite, that would be about 158 days  ;)<br />did you mean sinse 25.6.09 ? <br /><br />25.6.09  :arrow: 29.11.11  is 888 days (inclusive)
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    on 1322045065:
    <br />@MJonmind :lol: ...that's how my TV looks like... :lol: ...jk...I love that era, the 50's and 60's are my fav era's.<br />
    <br />No 52" flatscreen for you yet eh?  My husband keeps looking at them in the store. I say Buy one. He says, Nah I don't really need it. Every time! :roll: <br /><br /><br />If Conrad IS a friend of Michael's, then I guess we're going to be treated to more revealed personal medical problems that MJ has, that Conrad was lovingly helping to treat. Maybe this time he'll say he had/has gas or burping problems, who knows :lol: .  Is there anything left that MJ could have had?
  • loyalfanloyalfan Posts: 1,641
    oh yeah !!!!!!! i bet you have something to say MICHAEL .............boo ya xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • AdiAdi Posts: 1,834
    Maybe the "1 day of simmering", which has been a constant theme throughout the entire hoax, could actually also be to account for the time differences across the world.......after all  "we are all one, we are a family"  <br /><br />So 29th November at 8:30am when the sentencing is to take place in the USA it will be the 30th November in other parts of the world.<br /><br />As we know November 30th is  the date when Thriller was released. <br /><br />What is even more interesting is that from 25th June 2009 to 30th November 2011 it is 2 years, 5 months, 6 days (inclusive)....recognise those numbers????? <br /><br />25/6<br /><br /> 8-)  :mrgreen:<br /><br />
  • and Nov 30th is my birthday also. I expect a big BAM as gift ;D
  • on 1322045472:
    <br />
    on 1322042131:
    <br />am i right in saying that in terms of the numerology, 30.11.11 is 777 + 1 day since 25.06.11 <br /><br />
    <br />Not quite, that would be about 158 days  ;)<br />did you mean sinse 25.6.09 ? <br /><br />25.6.09  :arrow: 29.11.11  is 888 days (inclusive)<br />
    <br /><br />sorry, typo. meant 25.06.09.<br />and by one day of simmering i meant 111 actual days.<br /><br />888 days. is 30.11.11<br /><br />wonder if the sentence will be read 30.11.11<br />
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    I don't know why I doubt that Murray will speak in court  afraid/...or maybe that this documentary aired before was a kind of introduction, like to make people more "comfortable" with a speaking Murray suspicious//...anyway, we'll see... it sure is going to be interesting.  smiley_spider<br /><br />