What books did you read ---- and your opinion?!!!

AintnosunshineAintnosunshine Posts: 481
I would like to share any toughts / your opinions on those books I read<br /><br />Moonwalker (MJ, 1988)<br />Dancing the Dream (MJ, 1991)<br />The shocking and controversal exposè of life in the Jackson family (La Toya Jackson, 1991)<br />Michael Jackson - das Phänomen (only in german, Jochen Ebmeier, 1999)<br />Das Mysterium von Michael Jackson und Sathya Sai Baba (only in german, Margott Schürings, 1999)<br />Die Jacksons (only in german, Joe Jackson, 2003)<br />Michael - the unofficial and unauthorized biography of Michael Jackson (Duane Harewood, 2004)<br />Michael Jackson - the man behind the mask (Bob Jones, Stacy Brown, 2005) <br />Conspiracy (Aphrodite Jones, 2007)<br />Jacko - his raise and fall (Darwin Porter, 2007)<br />Über Michael Jackson (german edition, Margo Jefferson, 2008)<br />The Magic, the madeness, the whole story, (Randy Taraborelli, 2009)<br />Unmasked - the final years of Michael Jackson (Ian Halperin, 2009)<br />The Michael Jackson Tapes (Shmuley Boteach, 2009)<br />Michael Jackson - a visual documentary (authorized, Adrian Grant, 2009)<br />Michael Jackson - before he was king (Todd Gray, 2009)<br />Michael Jackson 1958 - 2009 (Graham Batts, 2009)<br />Michael Jackson - King of Pop- 1958 - 2009 (Emily Herbert, 2009)<br />Remember the time - Michael Jackson, Erinnerungen an den King of Pop (german, Helmut Lingen Verlag, Hrsg., 2009)<br />Michael Jackson - King of Pop 1958 - 2009 (Carlton Books Ltd., 2009)<br />Michael Jackson 1958 - 2009 (Stern Verlag, special edition, 2009)<br />Michael - in his own words -.and notes from those who loved him (Ebony special edition, 2009)<br />Goodbye, Michael (Sounds, special edition, 2009)<br />Mixhael jackson - der lange Abschied (Rolling Stone, german edition, special edition, 2009)<br />Michael Jackson - King of Pop (german, Garant Verlag 2009)<br />Michael 1958 - 2009 (Life, special edition, 2009)<br />Geheimes Leben - geheimer Mord (only in german, Ares Einstein, 2009)<br />The resistable demise of Michael Jackson (Mark Fisher, editor, 2009)<br />Be careful whom you love (Diane Diamond, 2005)<br />Dangerous Liasons - Carl Toms, 2010)<br />The musical life of Michael Jackson (Nelson George, 2010)<br />You are not alone (Jermaine Jackson, 2011)<br />Starting over (LaToya jackson, 2011)<br />Michael Jackson - the man in the mirror (Tim Hill, 2009)<br />Michael Jackson`s blood brother (Charles Williamson, 2007)<br />The trials of Michael Jackson (Lynton Guest, 2006)<br />Backdoor to Neverland (Yves Gautier, 2010)<br />The Secret - the story of rilliant, beautiful, handicapped Michael Jackson (Patricia Eddington, 2010)<br />An angel among us (Elizabeth Michelle Billeaudeaux, 2010)<br />Michael Jackson - the book the media does not want you to read (Shawn Henning, 2009)<br />Michael Jackson - master of illusion (Mari Hadley, 2009)<br />Michael Jackson - the early years (Chris Cadman & Craig Halstead, 2002)<br />Michael Jackson - the legend (Chas Newkey-Burden, 2009)<br />Honoring the child spirit - Rabbi Shmuley Boteach in conversation with Michael Jackson (2011)<br />Michael Jackson - Unauthorized (Christopher Andersen, 1994)<br />Michael Jackson - a celebration (Graham Betts, 2009)<br />Der Michael Jackson Code (Ares Einstein, 2010)<br />Michael Jackson - we are the mirror (Juja D. 2011)<br />All that glitters - the crime and the cover-up (Raymond Chandler, 2004)<br />Freak - inside the twisted world of Michael jackson (Nick Bishop, 2003)<br />Michael Jackson - King of Pop (Emily Herbert, 2009)<br />Jackson Family values (Margaret Maldonado Jackson, 1995)<br />Michael Jackson - a magical journey to the heart of a superstar (Nelson George, 1984)<br />Man in the Music - the creative life and work of MJ (Joseph Vogel, 2011)<br />Michael Jackson - die wahre Geschichte (Dieter Wiesner, 2011)<br />My friend Michael - an ordninary friendship with an extraordinary man (Frank Cascio, 2011)<br /><br /><br />and would appreciate answers like: <br /><br />What (else?) did you read? <br />What do you recommend? <br />What do you find wonderful / awful?<br /><br />Which ten books you like  best? Which ones are the worst?<br />

Comments

• on 1322259541:
    <br />I would like to share any toughts / your opinions on those books I read<br /><br />Moonwalker (MJ, 1988)<br />Dancing the Dream (MJ, 1991)<br />The shocking and controversal exposè of life in the Jackson family (La Toya Jackson, 1991)<br />Michael Jackson - das Phänomen (only in german, Jochen Ebmeier, 1999)<br />Das Mysterium von Michael Jackson und Sathya Sai Baba (only in german, Margott Schürings, 1999)<br />Die Jacksons (only in german, Joe Jackson, 2003)<br />Michael - the unofficial and unauthorized biography of Michael Jackson (Duane Harewood, 2004)<br />Michael Jackson - the man behind the mask (Bob Jones, Stacy Brown, 2005) <br />Conspiracy (Aphrodite Jones, 2007)<br />Jacko - his raise and fall (Darwin Porter, 2007)<br />Über Michael Jackson (german edition, Margo Jefferson, 2008)<br />The Magic, the madeness, the whole story, (Randy Taraborelli, 2009)<br />Unmasked - the final years of Michael Jackson (Ian Halperin, 2009)<br />The Michael Jackson Tapes (Shmuley Boteach, 2009)<br />Michael Jackson - a visual documentary (authorized, Adrian Grant, 2009)<br />Michael Jackson - before he was king (Todd Gray, 2009)<br />Michael Jackson 1958 - 2009 (Graham Batts, 2009)<br />Michael Jackson - King of Pop- 1958 - 2009 (Emily Herbert, 2009)<br />Remember the time - Michael Jackson, Erinnerungen an den King of Pop (german, Helmut Lingen Verlag, Hrsg., 2009)<br />Michael Jackson - King of Pop 1958 - 2009 (Carlton Books Ltd., 2009)<br />Michael Jackson 1958 - 2009 (Stern Verlag, special edition, 2009)<br />Michael - in his own words -.and notes from those who loved him (Ebony special edition, 2009)<br />Goodbye, Michael (Sounds, special edition, 2009)<br />Mixhael jackson - der lange Abschied (Rolling Stone, german edition, special edition, 2009)<br />Michael Jackson - King of Pop (german, Garant Verlag 2009)<br />Michael 1958 - 2009 (Life, special edition, 2009)<br />Geheimes Leben - geheimer Mord (only in german, Ares Einstein, 2009)<br />The resistable demise of Michael Jackson (Mark Fisher, editor, 2009)<br />Be careful whom you love (Diane Diamond, 2005)<br />Dangerous Liasons - Carl Toms, 2010)<br />The musical life of Michael Jackson (Nelson George, 2010)<br />You are not alone (Jermaine Jackson, 2011)<br />Starting over (LaToya jackson, 2011)<br />Michael Jackson - the man in the mirror (Tim Hill, 2009)<br />Michael Jackson`s blood brother (Charles Williamson, 2007)<br />The trials of Michael Jackson (Lynton Guest, 2006)<br />Backdoor to Neverland (Yves Gautier, 2010)<br />The Secret - the story of rilliant, beautiful, handicapped Michael Jackson (Patricia Eddington, 2010)<br />An angel among us (Elizabeth Michelle Billeaudeaux, 2010)<br />Michael Jackson - the book the media does not want you to read (Shawn Henning, 2009)<br />Michael Jackson - master of illusion (Mari Hadley, 2009)<br />Michael Jackson - the early years (Chris Cadman & Craig Halstead, 2002)<br />Michael Jackson - the legend (Chas Newkey-Burden, 2009)<br />Honoring the child spirit - Rabbi Shmuley Boteach in conversation with Michael Jackson (2011)<br />Michael Jackson - Unauthorized (Christopher Andersen, 1994)<br />Michael Jackson - a celebration (Graham Betts, 2009)<br />Der Michael Jackson Code (Ares Einstein, 2010)<br />Michael Jackson - we are the mirror (Juja D. 2011)<br />All that glitters - the crime and the cover-up (Raymond Chandler, 2004)<br />Freak - inside the twisted world of Michael jackson (Nick Bishop, 2003)<br />Michael Jackson - King of Pop (Emily Herbert, 2009)<br />Jackson Family values (Margaret Maldonado Jackson, 1995)<br />Michael Jackson - a magical journey to the heart of a superstar (Nelson George, 1984)<br />Man in the Music - the creative life and work of MJ (Joseph Vogel, 2011)<br />Michael Jackson - die wahre Geschichte (Dieter Wiesner, 2011)<br />My friend Michael - an ordninary friendship with an extraordinary man (Frank Cascio, 2011)<br /><br /><br />and would appreciate answers like: <br /><br />What (else?) did you read? <br />What do you recommend? <br />What do you find wonderful / awful?<br /><br />Which ten books you like  best? Which ones are the worst?<br /><br />
    <br /><br />Well, thanks for watching  :-(((
  • anewfananewfan Posts: 1,125
    I read Conspiracy by Aphrodite Jones. It was the first book I ordered when I first started to learn about Michael Jackson. It was very eye-opening for me. I did not know just how bogus the allegations were and how the accusers were proven to be big fat liars and just out for money. I think if everyone read that book they would all have more compassion for MJ and wouldn't ever dare call him a pedophile ever again.<br /><br />I have been reading the Randy Taborelli. (usually only when we take a road trip) So...I have been reading bits and pieces of it over a couple of years. I think it has some interesting information in there. I know some people bash Randy for it. I didn't feel like it painted MJ in a negative light. (I don't know the story behind Randy, so I don't know if he truly is a good guy or bad guy.)<br /><br />I have the Rabbi book, but I haven't read it. I spend way too much time on the computer! Lol! Hopefully you will get more responses to make a decision!
  • anewfananewfan Posts: 1,125
    Oh..I have also been reading on LaToya's book. (Usually when I'm on the elliptical...which I should do more often.) I haven't read the whole thing, but I did get the feeling that the book was written for the sole purpose of explaining why she lied and supported the first accuser's story of molestation. I think she wanted to make it very clear that she absolutely believe in MJ's innocence, but was under her husband's control.
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    on 1322259541:
    <br />I would like to share any toughts / your opinions on those books I read<br />Books we have read in common from your list<br /><br />Moonwalker (MJ, 1988) yes<br />Dancing the Dream (MJ, 1991) yes<br />The shocking and controversal exposè of life in the Jackson family (La Toya Jackson, 1991)<br />Michael Jackson - das Phänomen (only in german, Jochen Ebmeier, 1999)<br />Das Mysterium von Michael Jackson und Sathya Sai Baba (only in german, Margott Schürings, 1999)<br />Die Jacksons (only in german, Joe Jackson, 2003)<br />Michael - the unofficial and unauthorized biography of Michael Jackson (Duane Harewood, 2004)<br />Michael Jackson - the man behind the mask (Bob Jones, Stacy Brown, 2005) <br />Conspiracy (Aphrodite Jones, 2007)yes<br />Jacko - his raise and fall (Darwin Porter, 2007)<br />Über Michael Jackson (german edition, Margo Jefferson, 2008)<br />The Magic, the madeness, the whole story, (Randy Taraborelli, 2009) yes<br />Unmasked - the final years of Michael Jackson (Ian Halperin, 2009)yes<br />The Michael Jackson Tapes (Shmuley Boteach, 2009)yes<br />Michael Jackson - a visual documentary (authorized, Adrian Grant, 2009)<br />Michael Jackson - before he was king (Todd Gray, 2009)<br />Michael Jackson 1958 - 2009 (Graham Batts, 2009)<br />Michael Jackson - King of Pop- 1958 - 2009 (Emily Herbert, 2009)<br />Remember the time - Michael Jackson, Erinnerungen an den King of Pop (german, Helmut Lingen Verlag, Hrsg., 2009)<br />Michael Jackson - King of Pop 1958 - 2009 (Carlton Books Ltd., 2009)<br />Michael Jackson 1958 - 2009 (Stern Verlag, special edition, 2009)<br />Michael - in his own words -.and notes from those who loved him (Ebony special edition, 2009)<br />Goodbye, Michael (Sounds, special edition, 2009)<br />Mixhael jackson - der lange Abschied (Rolling Stone, german edition, special edition, 2009)<br />Michael Jackson - King of Pop (german, Garant Verlag 2009)<br />Michael 1958 - 2009 (Life, special edition, 2009)<br />Geheimes Leben - geheimer Mord (only in german, Ares Einstein, 2009)<br />The resistable demise of Michael Jackson (Mark Fisher, editor, 2009)<br />Be careful whom you love (Diane Diamond, 2005)<br />Dangerous Liasons - Carl Toms, 2010)<br />The musical life of Michael Jackson (Nelson George, 2010)<br />You are not alone (Jermaine Jackson, 2011)yes<br />Starting over (LaToya jackson, 2011)yes<br />Michael Jackson - the man in the mirror (Tim Hill, 2009)yes<br />Michael Jackson`s blood brother (Charles Williamson, 2007)<br />The trials of Michael Jackson (Lynton Guest, 2006)yes<br />Backdoor to Neverland (Yves Gautier, 2010)<br />The Secret - the story of rilliant, beautiful, handicapped Michael Jackson (Patricia Eddington, 2010)<br />An angel among us (Elizabeth Michelle Billeaudeaux, 2010)<br />Michael Jackson - the book the media does not want you to read (Shawn Henning, 2009)yes<br />Michael Jackson - master of illusion (Mari Hadley, 2009)<br />Michael Jackson - the early years (Chris Cadman & Craig Halstead, 2002)<br />Michael Jackson - the legend (Chas Newkey-Burden, 2009)<br />Honoring the child spirit - Rabbi Shmuley Boteach in conversation with Michael Jackson (2011)<br />Michael Jackson - Unauthorized (Christopher Andersen, 1994)yes<br />Michael Jackson - a celebration (Graham Betts, 2009)<br />Der Michael Jackson Code (Ares Einstein, 2010)<br />Michael Jackson - we are the mirror (Juja D. 2011)<br />All that glitters - the crime and the cover-up (Raymond Chandler, 2004)<br />Freak - inside the twisted world of Michael jackson (Nick Bishop, 2003)<br />Michael Jackson - King of Pop (Emily Herbert, 2009)<br />Jackson Family values (Margaret Maldonado Jackson, 1995)yes<br />Michael Jackson - a magical journey to the heart of a superstar (Nelson George, 1984)<br />Man in the Music - the creative life and work of MJ (Joseph Vogel, 2011)<br />Michael Jackson - die wahre Geschichte (Dieter Wiesner, 2011)<br />My friend Michael - an ordninary friendship with an extraordinary man (Frank Cascio, 2011)yes<br /><br /><br />and would appreciate answers like: <br /><br />What (else?) did you read? <br />What do you recommend? <br />What do you find wonderful / awful?<br /><br />Which ten books you like  best? Which ones are the worst?<br />
    <br />Hi Aintnosunshine. I love reading and I love collecting books. Not the E-books type you down load on kindle, but a real book you can take and spread out a blanket under a tree and immerse yourself in for hours if time permits. <br />I have also read Redemption by Geraldine Hughs<br />Michael Jackson Legend, Hero, Icon by James Aldios<br />Neverland Lost A Portrait of Michael Jackson by Henry Leutwyler.<br />Michael Jackson The Man in the Mirror by Todd Gold<br /><br />I also bought a copy of The man behind the mask by Bob Jones and Stacy Brown. I read about the first chapter before I tore this book up and set it on fire in my BBQ pit. This was written by a disgruntled ex-employee who was going for shock value and exageration and lies to boost his sales for this lame ass attempt at literature. <br />Boteach's Michael Jackson Tapes had my blood to boiling point as well. Not for the parts where Michael was quoted. I loved that. It was the rabbi's self righteous and judgemental attitudes apparent in his counter comments. Just barf.<br />My thought on the  best book apart from Moonwalk and Dancing the Dream is one I read online at Jetzi's buy Lynton Guest...The Trials of Michael Jackson. <br />I recommend Aphrodite's Book and Geraldine Hugh's book as must reads as well. <br />The most recent book I have finished reading is Frank Casscio's My Friend Michael which I thought humanized our sweetheart MJ . <br /><br />As I said at the beginning, I love reading and collecting books. I have a bit of a library happening on many more subjects than Michael and his family and it is only growing. This is another area of addiction for me much like this hoax is.  8)<br /><br />
  • GINAFELICIAGINAFELICIA Posts: 6,506
    Taraborelli and Aphrodite had the most influence on me. There is one more book but I can't remember the author right now - I know it's a lady with the same initials as Michael - JM.<br /><br />About Taraborelli's book - I still don't know how much is fiction/reality but it is entertaining/funny to read.
  • I just started reading "My Friend Michael" (Frank Cascio '11).  I couldn't put it down the other night and read half the book until six in the morning.  I was either laughing, near tears or wondering.... omg, should that have been revealed ???  I haven't dared to pick it up again cause I'm afraid of another sleepless night, hee.<br /><br />So far I think it's a great book and love the pics.  Not so sure if Michael would have appreciated some of them being printed or what Frank wrote, but no worries Michael, I love you no matter what.  And my most favourite picture, one of their first pics taken together where Frank has his little arm wrapped up around Michael's face, it's so darling.<br /><br />And what a treat !!!  reading something different with wonderful stories of Michael and his friendship with the Cascios.<br /><br />Another favourite of mine is the Aphrodite Jones book "Conspiracy".  A good read that exonerates Michaels name and yet sad that no one wanted to help Aphrodite with publishing it, as far as I understood it. 
  • Aidan_81Aidan_81 Posts: 382
    Read "Dancing the Dream" (MJ, 1991) only in Russian I'm afraid,<br />in English got only bits of it online.<br />Read Jermaine's "You are not alone".<br />Read conspiracy one, guess Aphrodite Jones it was.<br /><br />Dancing the Dream - amazing, both in Russian and bits in English I saw. Made me<br />cry and love and cry more. A must read for any fan. And any human...<br /><br />Jermaine's book - lovely memories. Neat book. Hopefully mostly honest.<br /><br />Conspiracy - well, proved my suspicions about people framing Michael again and again.<br />Highly recommended for any Michael's fan who is still unaware!<br /><br />Not sure any big blogs and huge articles I read were ever formed into book..<br /><br />Taraborelli.. maybe bits of it, but there was something I didn't like and<br />never tried to get it full.<br /><br />.. absolutely can't stand several book names above. How dare people name<br />their books like that, low-lifers after easy money and fame.<br /><br />I'm curious about Frank's book. Questionable character, but who isn't among those<br />around Michael! There might be some truth in his story.
  • oveliasovelias Posts: 118
    hi goodevining i love 2 read greek novels i read one right naw the buterfly enigma. is mystirious and i like it. :)) <br />athers books the lighthouse wouman<br />davincy code<br />the mansters of the sea<br />gouliver storys<br />the 3 maskertears<br /> ;)) i lave them all