MJ ESTATE Murray Got What He Deserved

SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
edited January 1970 in News
[size=18pt]MJ ESTATE<br />Murray Got What He Deserved[/size]<br />25 MINUTES AGO BY TMZ STAFF<br /><br />1129-mj-ex-01.jpg<br /><br />The Michael Jackson estate believes Dr. Conrad Murray got his just deserts when Judge Pastor sentenced him to 4 years in the clink today -- telling TMZ the sentence was "appropriate and called for."<br /><br />A rep for the estate released a statetment ... saying, "The egregious conduct of Dr. Murray when 'treating' Michael Jackson was bad enough ... but when coupled with his outrageous lies in trying to cover up his wrongdoing after Michael was dying and/or had died only served to magnify his criminal actions."<br /><br />The rep adds, "Michael Jackson was one of the greatest entertainers that ever lived and he will be missed by millions."

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Comments

• AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    "his just deserts" ... lol...whaaaa?
  • anewfananewfan Posts: 1,125
    I went there and now it says desserts instead of deserts.....neither make sense in the context.....
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    on 1322615696:
    <br />I went there and now it says desserts instead of deserts.....neither make sense in the context.....<br />
    <br /><br />Maybe they're trying to say: "4 years in prison is like a dessert to him. He might have got a life sentence" kind of thing. I don't know really. Why would they write dessert there.  suspicious//
  • marumjjmarumjj Posts: 1,027
    From any position, believers or not, I think the sentence was fair bit. It is assumed that there is a life lost, by their negligence, well proven in court. Very beneficial for Murray law passed just two months ago! another coincidence? Mmmm moonwalk_/
    on 1322616471:
    <br />
    on 1322615696:
    <br />I went there and now it says desserts instead of deserts.....neither make sense in the context.....<br />
    <br /><br />Maybe they're trying to say: "4 years in prison is like a dessert to him. He might have got a life sentence" kind of thing. I don't know really. Why would they write dessert there.  suspicious//<br />
    <br /><br />I learned something today, lol.<br /><br />just deserts (plural only)<br /><br />  1. (idiomatic) A punishment or reward that is considered to be what the recipient deserved.<br /><br />          It may appear that they're getting ahead by cheating, but they'll get their just deserts in the end.<br /><br /> Usage notes<br /><br />    * Deserts here is the plural of desert, meaning "that which one deserves". It is rarely used with this meaning outside this phrase.<br />    * The spelling just desserts is commonly seen but is incorrect. The misspelling is occasionally used deliberately as a play on words in the names of restaurants etc.<br /><br />Synonyms<br /><br />    * payback, poetic justice, comeuppance<br /><br /><br />So just deserts (original wording) makes sense, just desserts is wordplay. <br />
    on 1322616471:
    <br />
    on 1322615696:
    <br /><br />Maybe they're trying to say: "4 years in prison is like a dessert to him. He might have got a life sentence" kind of thing. I don't know really. Why would they write dessert there.  suspicious//<br />
    <br /><br />I don't know, but here is the whole sentence.....<br /><br />The Michael Jackson estate believes Dr. Conrad Murray got his just desserts when Judge Pastor sentenced him to 4 years in the clink today -- telling TMZ the sentence was "appropriate and called for."  <br /><br />Even if you substitute deserts in there it doesn't make sense. Maybe initially it meant he's in the desert? They are getting ready for the Cirque de Soleil to show in Vegas, which is in the desert. I don't know.....maybe they just can't write?  :lol:
    on 1322617146:
    <br />
    on 1322616471:
    <br />
    on 1322615696:
    <br /><br />I learned something today, lol.<br /><br />just deserts (plural only)<br /><br />  1. (idiomatic) A punishment or reward that is considered to be what the recipient deserved.<br /><br />          It may appear that they're getting ahead by cheating, but they'll get their just deserts in the end.<br /><br /> Usage notes<br /><br />    * Deserts here is the plural of desert, meaning "that which one deserves". It is rarely used with this meaning outside this phrase.<br />    * The spelling just desserts is commonly seen but is incorrect. The misspelling is occasionally used deliberately as a play on words in the names of restaurants etc.<br /><br />Synonyms<br /><br />    * payback, poetic justice, comeuppance<br /><br /><br />So just deserts (original wording) makes sense, just desserts is wordplay. <br /><br />
    <br /><br />Thanks for this, Andrea. I learned something new as well. I wonder why they changed the correct spelling to the incorrect spelling?
    To make fun?