edited January 1970 in Back's old posts
12320092.png

Comments

• AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    Doubt can be a test of faith.
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    on 1325788108:
    <br />Doubt can be a test of faith.<br />
    <br /><br /><br /><br />" The doubt is the motor of the faith " …<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />There is nothing wrong with doubt that's what we believe… on the contrary, it is part of our nature suspicious// bangbang 8-)
  • ForstAMoonForstAMoon Posts: 1,126
    "Doubt makes the mountain which faith can move"
  • its only by doubt, that one searches and finds truth
  • Without doubt it would be easy to get carried away with an idea or speculation and that makes us too influencable and easy to manipulate. Doubt is often an intuition and motivates us to be critical and conscious what enables us to distinguish between truth and lies.
  • _Anna__Anna_ Posts: 1,739
    Doubt... For me it's not a motivator. Maybe it was 2 years ago. But now it's not anymore. No one can leave in doubt all the time. No one<br /><br />"There is nothing more dreadful than the habit of doubt. It is a thorn that irritates and hurts; it is a sword that kills.” - Buddha<br /><br />"Action will remove the doubt that theory cannot solve”<br /><br />“Doubt, of whatever kind, can be ended by action alone.”
  • MaryKMaryK Posts: 1,732
    on 1325803917:
    <br />Doubt... For me it's not a motivator. Maybe it was 2 years ago. But now it's not anymore. No one can leave in doubt all the time. No one<br /><br />"There is nothing more dreadful than the habit of doubt. It is a thorn that irritates and hurts; it is a sword that kills.” - Buddha<br /><br />"Action will remove the doubt that theory cannot solve”<br /><br />“Doubt, of whatever kind, can be ended by action alone.”<br />
    <br />Without doubt mankind would not have evolved.<br />Where would we be if there had been no doubters in our history? <br />We have to thank the doubters for so many of mankind´s great achievements and insights. <br />For example: just imagine if nobody ever doubted that the world is a disk ;-)<br />Those were the brave, fearless and tireless fighters and seekers for wisdom and truth. <br />There´s a little doubter in everyone of us....
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    The that doubt,... thinks :idea:
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    DELETED<br />
  • on 1325803917:
    <br />Doubt... For me it's not a motivator. Maybe it was 2 years ago. But now it's not anymore. No one can leave in doubt all the time. No one<br /><br />"There is nothing more dreadful than the habit of doubt. It is a thorn that irritates and hurts; it is a sword that kills.” - Buddha<br /><br />"Action will remove the doubt that theory cannot solve”<br /><br />“Doubt, of whatever kind, can be ended by action alone.”<br />
    <br /><br />[size=12pt]Anna...you and I take an entirely different meaning from the same quotes apparently.  I see the Buddha quote as meaning do not allow self doubt to fester inside of you or you will wither from it.  Meaning cast doubting yourself aside and move forward.<br /><br />The other two quotes both say to me simply that only action will put an end to doubt.  You are taking "action" by being here and learning/discovering what the hoax is all about.  <br /><br />In all honesty...doubt is absolutely necessary to this hoax and basically to acquiring knowledge on ANY subject. Without doubt about a subject matter there is no motivation to explore it and/or research it.  Human nature (up to this point) is to not give a second thought about things we are absolutely certain of.  That's part of why humanity is in the mess it is today...we've questioned nothing and kept drinking the koolaid for FAR too long.  If we had a guaranteed understanding of why this had to happen and when it will be over (BAM)...nobody would be putting in the time learning and uncovering the details that it's apparently quite important to Michael that we learn.  Doubt is a healthy thing...so long as it's not aimed at yourself and/or being wallowed in.  IMO...you are still very doubtful about Michael's status and are also fearful of the unknown and/or being wrong...those two things are magnifying your doubt and making it feel unhealthy.<br /><br />This is intended as an observation and to be of help to you as you sort through your feelings and not as any kind of negative interjection.  We've all been where you are...(and still have those moments sometimes)...you just have to find a good balance for yourself and recognize your feelings for what they really are.  [/size]
  • diggyondiggyon Posts: 1,376
    Doubt can drive someone crazy!<br /><br />I once read a story of a man who believed in God and suddenly doubted God's existence. <br />Well, he spent so many years looking for the truth. Suddenly he believed in God again because faith is gift from God. He described it as a light that was thrown to his heart. I know that we have so many people on the forum who don't believe in God. But still, I wanted to share this story with those who do believe in the existence of God as the Creator of this universe. <br />  <br /> 
  • SimPattyKSimPattyK Posts: 4,281
    DELETED
  • wishingstarwishingstar Posts: 2,927
    It's funny this topic of doubt.  Last year I had the good fortune of traveling to England for the first time....what an amazing country.  I traveled to William Shakespeare's birthplace......Stratford-upon-Avon.  I remember reading so much about him there and prior to the trip.  For some reason, I always go looking to see what Shakespeare says on a subject and here it is:<br /><br />"Modest doubt is called the beacon of the wise."<br /><br />the quote I truly love is this one:<br /><br />"Doubt that the stars are fire, doubt that the sun doth move, doubt truth to be a liar, but never doubt I love."<br /><br />The first quote tells me that a little doubt, used in the correct manner, can produce wisdom.  Learning to doubt the correct things, at the correct times, might help one to gain the knowledge they seek.  However, don't be so negative and full of doubt that you sink your own ship.  You can easily talk yourself right out of your true path in life.  <br /><br />The second quote tells me that the even the stars and sun are not without doubt.  It reminds me that we know so little about this vast universe.  To uncover the real truth of a subject, one must go through a doubting process.  Almost like a process of elimination.  There are always many facets of what the truth might be.  I remember Michael's words: "Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons". The final part...never doubt I love.  For the greatest of these is love.....never doubt that.  <br /><br />I recently had a good friend help me out....when I was doubting myself and all my reasons for being here and believing so much in this hoax.  Doubt creeps in like the devil in disguise......it squashed my faith in myself, if even for a moment.  But, doubt will persist because it's part of human nature.  Thank you dear friend for helping me through.........<br /><br />Doubting can lead to a more profound faith...once you truly believe.  Don't be a Doubting Thomas, but doubt enough to think with reason and come to faith in your decision....and believe. <br /><br />Blessings Always
  • humm for some reason my brain is at it again.  :-[ makes me of doubting thomas. this disciple was allowed to , as i remember actually put his fingers in Christ wounds. from what i understand after that was willingly a martyr for Christ. <br /><br />having said this i hope i got the story right at least , and i have no idea if that is what is meant it just came into my weird little head. jacket please.
  • mjj4ever777mjj4ever777 Posts: 1,467
    on 1325816370:
    <br />It's funny this topic of doubt.  Last year I had the good fortune of traveling to England for the first time....what an amazing country.  I traveled to William Shakespeare's birthplace......Stratford-upon-Avon.  I remember reading so much about him there and prior to the trip.  For some reason, I always go looking to see what Shakespeare says on a subject and here it is:<br /><br />"Modest doubt is called the beacon of the wise."<br /><br />the quote I truly love is this one:<br /><br />"Doubt that the stars are fire, doubt that the sun doth move, doubt truth to be a liar, but never doubt I love."<br /><br />The first quote tells me that a little doubt, used in the correct manner, can produce wisdom.  Learning to doubt the correct things, at the correct times, might help one to gain the knowledge they seek.  However, don't be so negative and full of doubt that you sink your own ship.  You can easily talk yourself right out of your true path in life.  <br /><br />The second quote tells me that the even the stars and sun are not without doubt.  It reminds me that we know so little about this vast universe.  To uncover the real truth of a subject, one must go through a doubting process.  Almost like a process of elimination.  There are always many facets of what the truth might be.  I remember Michael's words: "Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons". The final part...never doubt I love.  For the greatest of these is love.....never doubt that.  <br /><br />I recently had a good friend help me out....when I was doubting myself and all my reasons for being here and believing so much in this hoax.  Doubt creeps in like the devil in disguise......it squashed my faith in myself, if even for a moment.  But, doubt will persist because it's part of human nature.  Thank you dear friend for helping me through.........<br /><br />Doubting can lead to a more profound faith...once you truly believe.  Don't be a Doubting Thomas, but doubt enough to think with reason and come to faith in your decision....and believe. <br /><br />Blessings Always<br />
    <br /><br />Great post wishingstar!! Sending you my LOVE, always!<br /><br />I like this quote also:<br /><br />Doubt is a profound and effective spiritual motivator. Without doubt, no truism is transcended, no new knowledge found, no expansion of the imagination possible. Doubt is unsettling to the ego, and those who are drawn to ideologies that promise the dispelling of doubt by proffering certainties will never grow. In seeking certainty they are courting the death of the soul, whose nature is forever churning possibility, forever seeking the larger, forever riding the melting edge of certainty's glacier.<br /><br /><br />JAMES HOLLIS, Finding Meaning in the Second Half of Life<br /><br />I LOVE YOU Family!!!!!!!!<br /> bearhug<br />
  • BeTheChangeBeTheChange Posts: 1,569
    This post from Back shows that HE believes that 'doubt is the greatest self motivator'.  Whoever Back is...HE, at some point, through his experiences in life LEARNED this.  This isn't something instinctual (we aren't born knowing this)...it is learned in the course of our lives and depending on your experiences, 'doubt' in yourself or in others, can have a lasting negative or positive effect.  Based on Back's post and the wording of it...I'd say that HIS experiences led him to see 'doubt' as a positive thing.  And I concur with Back  :lol:<br /><br />Love these quotes:<br /><br />"Doubt isn't the opposite of faith; it is an element of faith"<br /><br />"Doubt is an incentive to truth, and patient inquiry leadeth the way"<br /><br />"Believe your beliefs and doubt your doubts"<br /><br />"If knowing answers to life's questions is absolutely necessary to you, then forget the journey. You will never make it, for this is a journey of unknowables -- of unanswered questions, enigmas, incomprehensibles, and, most of all, things unfair"<br /><br />@WishingStar, Love4Michael and Sarahli...loved your posts  ::P<br /><br />With L.O.V.E. always.
    @wishingstar, diggyon, suspicious mind, mjj4ever777, BeTheChange: thank you all for your great posts here above!! <br />amoureux-fou3.gifamoureux-fou3.gifamoureux-fou3.gifamoureux-fou3.gifamoureux-fou3.gifamoureux-fou3.gif<br />It was delightful, enlightening, empowering to read them all and reflect and then read again... I am so happy and proud to have you as "classmates" in this school of life lol that the hoax seems to have had as a purpose all the way from right BACK at the very beginning! It never ceases to amaze me how everything was taken care of, planned, thought of to the most minute detail!! <br />Back's post proves not only a concern for times of doubt like we've all been experiencing,but also foresaw that we might go BACK to his own words and discuss over it, become inspired to develop the subject with more quotes, more ideas, more infos that would help us learn and understand that DOUBT isn't necessarily something to be afraid of, on the contrary, when "used wisely" as wishingstar well emphasized, DOUBT can be constructive!! and enriching with knowledge, with self confidence and even optimism if we chose the right path....<br />It's a paradox...a lovely paradox...Doubt seen as so positive... I would have never thought of this in this sense if it weren't for this hoax, which from what I could learn so far, is precisely built on bricks of doubt and bricks of certainty, the dual aspect of the hoax is the key to it all. It's really something that just added to a long list of BONUSES that the hoax brought to me along these years, only things to be grateful for!!! the most precious ones: some real strong, beautiful, long lasting relationships and friendships with people, some bonds that I could have never tight on if it weren't for the hoax. To think that this all started for me [now I'm beginning to realize that for all of us] with a DOUBT !!! No mater in what direction that DOUBT was for each of us, there was a DOUBT: some doubted he was alive, some doubted he was dead. It's interesting ....how these doubts evolved .<br />DELETED<br /><br />Interesting how almost all profound hoax-discussions always seem to end up to GOD and faith in GOD! this is the best proof that this hoax is clearly intended to make us turn our face to GOD. I cannot help but think about the times we are living right now...with this crazy mad world that seems to turn upside down, the scale of values is reversed: it isn't "cool" anymore to believe in God, where it isn't "cool" anymore to love/help one another..... this could go on and on, but what I mean is that it all leads back to what Michael want to achieve through this: the main goal - Make a CHANGE - HEAL the WORLD with LOVE (= GOD).<br /><br />Man, this year is gonna be something, I can feel it, I am so impatient!!<br /><br />I will add some French quotes to the list of great quotes on doubt of this thread:<br />"Douter de tout, c'est aussi douter du doute !"<br />"Le doute est le signe de la certitude." [Alain ; Propos sur l'éducation - 1932]<br />"Le doute est père de la création."- Galilée<br />"Le doute amène l'examen, et l'examen la vérité." - Pierre Abélard
    @mjj4ever777........thank you for your sweet words, they truly mean a lot to me!  Wow......what an amazing quote you shared...indeed, doubt is very unsettling to the ego.....I think that's why so much of the world is in chaos and so many people seem to be trapped in their own web of disdain.  It's a fine line between doubt and blind faith....at least for me, lol.  You're a sweetheart....<br />Love you too!<br /><br />@BeTheChange.........each one of those quotes is a home-run for me!  They are awesome....I love the "forget the journey" so many times in life, I should have pressed onward, but doubt kept me back.  If only you can skip certain years of your life, lol...<br />I'd be a wise owl, in a moonlit tree by now! Love ya!<br /><br />Blessings to all....
    @SimPatty.......<br /> /bravo/  bow/  respect/<br /><br />Wow.....I love that post of yours.  You always bring to light certain things that make me really think, and really thankful to be here.  I feel like this hoax is coming into a full circle.  We will be back to where we started, only with the faith that will finally erase the doubt ( and rightly so). We traveled the roads of doubt for a very long time.  Even before June 25th, I believe the seeds of doubt about Michael we placed (like the wheelchair picture).  We doubted him before his death, why would anything change after his death?  That's probably exactly what he's counted on...our doubt to carry us through.  <br />Thanks for the great post Sim.......simply awesome.<br /><br />I have no doubt you are here Michael....where I don't know, who I don't know...but, no doubt you are here.<br />Kings to you.........as always  ;)<br /><br />Blessings upon each of you........
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    I take this post as; if you doubt my future death, you pass the first, and greatest, Test.<br /><br />More or less, in so many words.
    on 1325826106:
    <br />@SimPatty.......<br /> /bravo/  bow/  respect/<br /><br />Wow.....I love that post of yours.  You always bring to light certain things that make me really think, and really thankful to be here.
    I think the same about your posts too and those of some other forum members here! ;) I love you guys! envoie-baiser-492.GIF<br /><br /><br />
    on 1325826106:
    I feel like this hoax is coming into a full circle.  We will be back to where we started, only with the faith that will finally erase the doubt ( and rightly so). We traveled the roads of doubt for a very long time.  Even before June 25th, I believe the seeds of doubt about Michael we placed (like the wheelchair picture).  We doubted him before his death, why would anything change after his death?  That's probably exactly what he's counted on...our doubt to carry us through.  <br />Thanks for the great post Sim.......simply awesome.<br /><br />I have no doubt you are here Michael....where I don't know, who I don't know...but, no doubt you are here.<br />Kings to you.........as always  ;)<br /><br />Blessings upon each of you........<br />
    Thank you @wishingstar, I feel the same way about it all! ;) As the french say: "On est sur la meme longueur d'ondes!" lol :)