JACKSON FAMILY Going After Dr. Murray's Money ... IS POINTLESS!!!

finfinfinfin Posts: 648
edited January 1970 in News
http://www.tmz.com/2012/01/18/dr-conrad-murray-jackson-family/#.TxdY9aXUN2A<br /><br />JACKSON FAMILY<br />Going After Dr. Murray's Money<br />... IS POINTLESS!!!<br /><br />0118-conrad-merray-getty-bn.jpg<br /><br />Prosecutors will no longer seek more than $100 million in restitution from Dr. Conrad Murray at the request of Michael Jackson's family, because as the proverb goes ....you can't squeeze blood from a turnip.<br /><br />A rep for the Los Angeles District Attorney's Office says prosecutors were informed that the Jackson family is giving up on restitution ... so the D.A. withdrew the request.  As a result, the restitution hearing scheduled for Monday has been called off.<br /><br />Murray -- who's serving a 4 year jail sentence for his role in the death of MJ -- is basically broke ... and now that his medical license has been revoked, it's unclear how he plans to earn money once he's released. <br /><br />It seems the Jackson family finally decided it wasn't worth the time or the energy to battle for scraps.

Comments

• MaryKMaryK Posts: 1,732
    :shock: :lol:<br /><br />".....for his role in the death of MJ"<br /><br />Interesting wording isn´t it?
  • Murray will be fine ... he'll be the Director of MJ's Children's Hospital! 
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    Let's say Murray really killed Michael and he really was broke, then STILL you would do anything in your power as a family to make his life miserable by letting him hand over every penny he can each and every month for the rest of his life. But instead the famly decides to make a nice gesture and Murray doesn't have to pay a dime. LMAO!

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    yes, he should not pay nothing....... for the services rendered
  • AdiAdi Posts: 1,834
    "It seems the Jackson family finally decided it wasn't worth the time or the energy to battle for scraps"<br /><br /><br />Perhaps a message regarding the current battles going on in other threads about Front and TS/TIAI?<br /><br />....just a thought anyway.
  • mjj4ever777mjj4ever777 Posts: 1,467
    It still boggles my mind that the "non Believers", still can't see how outlandish stuff like this is! I mean seriously?? I just don't get it...why can't they connect the dots like the rest of us?? It really is kind of sad, isn't it? I wonder if they will now "attack" the family for not going after Murray's money? I sincerely hope not.<br /><br />Sending you all my LOVE...don't forget to tell someone that you LOVE them today!  bearhug<br /><br />LIVE LOVE...BE LOVE!<br /><br />@Adi...you may be on to something there! ;)
  • I may well be off base here, BUT!  Since WHEN does a CRIMINAL court take financial restitution matters in consideration? Their purpose has been served with the "verdict" and any subsequent appeals.  It is a CIVIC court which would look at a new trial with a more lenient "burden of proof" to award damages......<br /><br />So what was this about anyway?  suspicious//
    on 1326948457:
    <br />I may well be off base here, BUT!  Since WHEN does a CRIMINAL court take financial restitution matters in consideration? Their purpose has been served with the "verdict" and any subsequent appeals.  It is a CIVIC court which would look at a new trial with a more lenient "burden of proof" to award damages......<br /><br />So what was this about anyway?  suspicious//<br />
    <br /><br />I thought that was odd as well, but I have too little knowledge of the US legal system so it might as well be normal. I mean it's America, you can sue McDonalds if your coffee is hot and you can't seem to drink it without spilling it, so I mean...

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• Souza, <br />LOL, so true re: Americans' penchant for keeping lawyers making money by suing for any old thing. However, there is a difference in the US between a criminal and a civil case... <br /> :?
  • GINAFELICIAGINAFELICIA Posts: 6,506
    Hi TMZ :)
  • um, he isnt broke he has assets. if murray really 'killed' mj he would be forced to sell his assets. he also had proceeds for the doco he did. wasnt he also earning 150K a month with MJ. and i am sure he would have had somekind of 'income protection insurance' - (although on second thoguht probably hasnt gone down that root as when the hoax is revealed doesnt want to be up for insurance fraud)<br /><br />im sure by "dropping requests for restitution" tmz really mean "the jacksons are finding away to progress the case and untangle murray from payment... now watch this space to see how MJ and family reverse the prison sentence"<br /><br />LOL....<br /><br />keep watchin'
  • Quite odd as mentioned for a judge in a criminal court to go after restitution.  It is always handled in the civil court at the family's insistence in the case of a deceased person.  I wonder now how the appeals will go, or if that too will be dropped.  bangbang<br /><br />Does anyone really believe that Murray is in jail?  I don't.  Just a gut feeling.  Guess we'll just have to wait it out to see along with the case Joe has brought against AEG who I feel do need to be investigated contrary to popular belief.  Not for a death but for shady dealings.  I feel they are thick as theives all up in this and it's time they were outed for the snakes they are.
  • on 1326992728:
    <br />Quite odd as mentioned for a judge in a criminal court to go after restitution.  It is always handled in the civil court at the family's insistence in the case of a deceased person.  I wonder now how the appeals will go, or if that too will be dropped.  bangbang<br /><br />Does anyone really believe that Murray is in jail?  I don't.  Just a gut feeling.  Guess we'll just have to wait it out to see along with the case Joe has brought against AEG who I feel do need to be investigated contrary to popular belief.  Not for a death but for shady dealings.  I feel they are thick as theives all up in this and it's time they were outed for the snakes they are.<br />
    <br /><br />sure seems to me that one guys was kind of aggitated to be on the witness stand.
  • TMZ quote:
    It seems the Jackson family finally decided it wasn't worth the time or the energy to battle for scraps.
    <br />.. which is an [size=12pt]assumption[/size] (it seems), because a reason for the decision has not been given (yet) by the Jackson family. <br /><br />Quote http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/46053681/ns/today-entertainment/ :
    No reason was given for the decision, and TheWrap's request for comment from the family's lawyer has not yet been answered 
    <br /><br />Probably the family found out after further investigation that instead of Murray they should go after the real guilty one(s) for restitution. Conrad Murray is quite confident to file an appeal.
  • If you want to read what the non-believers think - here's the link:<br />http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/121001-Murray-won-t-be-asked-to-pay-restitution    bangbang<br /><br />They are sure furious about the Jackson family...
  • So Murray will concede he's partly to blame -- he can't argue otherwise because of the conviction -- but he still wants to prove that MJ ultimately caused his own death.<br /><br />This was on the TMZ article. Funny how he wants to prove that Mj caused his own death. Well really, that is a true statement. If he accomplished in faking his death, Michael is ultimately responsible for his own "death". I 100%  agree with that statement. If for us truthers, it makes sooooo much sense.
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    on 1327014658:
    <br />If you ant to read what the non-believers think - here's the link:<br />http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/121001-Murray-won-t-be-asked-to-pay-restitution    bangbang<br /><br />They are sure furious about the Jackson family...<br />
    <br /><br /><br /><br />people are sick of hatred
  • scorpionchikscorpionchik Posts: 2,669
    on 1326950832:
    <br />
    on 1326948457:
    <br />I may well be off base here, BUT!  Since WHEN does a CRIMINAL court take financial restitution matters in consideration? Their purpose has been served with the "verdict" and any subsequent appeals.  It is a CIVIC court which would look at a new trial with a more lenient "burden of proof" to award damages......<br /><br />So what was this about anyway?  suspicious//<br />
    <br /><br />I thought that was odd as well, but I have too little knowledge of the US legal system so it might as well be normal. I mean it's America, you can sue McDonalds if your coffee is hot and you can't seem to drink it without spilling it, so I mean...<br />
    <br /><br />It will eventually be transfered to Civil Court where Preponderance of Evidence doctrine used, which is already prevails in thise case.<br /><br />But I would comment on "how Murray is going to make money" statement. You don't know TMZ? Murray HAS MONEY FOR HIS ROLE, he's been paid either by Michael for hoax, or my murderer to kill MJ in which he did not succeed (hopefully). Obviously Souza is right,since Jacksons say MJ was killed by CM, I would want to make his remaining life miserable putting lien on everything he might have including all future earnings that judgement will apply on.<br /> I would not be  happy with only 4 years in prison for KILLING the greatest man, father, son, brother. So, this is a good news hoaxwise.
  • Ok, not making alot of sense not to go over someone you feel is responsible for the death. What about OJ Simpson? The Goldmans went after him with a vengence. They filed civil suits, which they won, to try to garnish anything that would have any value coming into OJ hands. Yes, OJ's career was washed up but his NFL football career was bringing in money by which the Goldmans couldn't touch. But they knew OJ would generate revenue somewhere, and Goldmans wanted to make sure he would pay if not financially but just to know tht would be over his head, even though the Goldmans knew they wouldn't see a penny. They did it because they felt he was truly responsible for their deaths. Yea, Yea, he was found NOT GUILTY, but their loved ones were OFFICIALLY DEAD! yes, by murder. So now we've got Murray, only given 4 years, which I'm sure is not even serving a sentence in some prison, can anyone even say he's actually in a 'legit prison"? probably not. So here we got the KING OF POP DEAD, & no one wants to fight for him??? Why? Because he's not dead? or why fight for something that the Jackson's are going to be putting themselves in the spotlight, which we all know the Jacksons can't seem to keep their story straight on the death of the their beloved brother or son on where they we're when they got the news that Michael has died. I mean I have heard at least 4 different stories from Janet on where she was when she got the word Michael had died..... C'mon....my daughter came running in my house on a warm summer day in Wisconsin, & I was out sanding some trim I just took off my door frames when she gave me the news Michael Jackson is dead.........my story has never changed.......those are moments in your life that you know exactly what you we're doing at the time it was announced.......if it's the truth the story DOES NOT CHANGE!!!! I even remember where I was when they announced Bing Crosby died.....Ok.....let's not do the math today......haha
  • Well, if this turns out to be factual, guess Joe won’t be getting a dime either.l<br /><br />http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-oxman-disbarment-20120119,0,5669607,print.story<br /><br /><br />latimes.com<br /><br />State Bar of California recommends lawyer's disbarment<br /><br />By Stuart Pfeifer, Los Angeles Times<br /><br />January 19, 2012<br /><br />advertisement<br /><br />The State Bar of California has recommended that attorney Brian Oxman, whose high-profile client list has included pop star Michael Jackson and the 1-800-GET-THIN surgery marketing company, be disbarred for several violations of bar rules.<br /><br />In a Jan. 13 order, the State Bar Court said Oxman should lose the ability to practice law because of dishonest and unethical conduct, including failing to advise the bar after he had been fined by a judge and commingling personal funds in a client trust account.<br /><br />Under the order, Oxman will become inactive Feb. 2, pending a final ruling by the state Supreme Court. It typically takes several months for the Supreme Court to issue a final ruling.<br /><br />Oxman did not respond to a request for comment.<br /><br />In its order, the bar cited Oxman's two past disciplinary cases as evidence that he should face the maximum penalty.<br /><br />"Oxman's three disciplinary proceedings show a disturbing disregard for the administration of justice, including misrepresentations to courts and a failure to cooperate in disciplinary proceedings," the order said.<br /><br />As a result, the bar said, "We recommend that Oxman be disbarred to protect the public, the courts and the legal profession."<br /><br />Oxman has made numerous appearances on television as a legal expert. He was part of the defense team during Jackson's 2005 sexual molestation trial. Most recently, he has represented the 1-800-GET-THIN marketing company and its affiliated Lap-Band surgery centers. Last month, he represented the companies during a hearing before the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors.<br /><br />On Tuesday, Oxman was named as a defendant in a whistle-blower lawsuit filed against 1-800-GET-THIN by former workers at the surgery centers. Among other things, the lawsuit accused Oxman of attempting to bribe a surgeon to sign a statement that would falsely accuse an opposing lawyer in a wrongful-death lawsuit of ethical violations. The wrongful-death lawsuit had been filed by relatives of a woman who died following Lap-Band surgery at a clinic in West Hills.<br /><br />stuart.pfeifer@latimes.com<br /><br />Copyright © 2012, Los Angeles Times
  • I just wish people would do some research before posting here about what WOULD and would NOT happen if you're not in the U.S.<br /><br />No, Murray would NOT be "forced to sell his assets".  He can have assets and the family can go after them IF they win a CIVIL judgment.<br /><br />YES, criminal courts deal with restitution every day....but it's based on what income the person has--not ASSETS.  They pay fines and restitution in cash.<br /><br />Please, everyone, not EVERYTHING is part of a hoax.  Some things make perfect sense in all this IF it were a real criminal case.
    on 1327030612:
    <br />I just wish people would do some research before posting here about what WOULD and would NOT happen if you're not in the U.S.<br /><br />No, Murray would NOT be "forced to sell his assets".  He can have assets and the family can go after them IF they win a CIVIL judgment.<br /><br />YES, criminal courts deal with restitution every day....but it's based on what income the person has--not ASSETS.  They pay fines and restitution in cash.<br /><br />Please, everyone, not EVERYTHING is part of a hoax.  Some things make perfect sense in all this IF it were a real criminal case.<br />
    <br /><br />Tenderoni, I remember your arrogant and unfriendly approach from the old days and I am just posting this to tell you I do not appreciate that tone in here. If you have information about this (and i don't think anyone here is claiming to have knowledge about the subject) then you could present it in a normal, friendly way. That way people might actually read your posts instead of skipping over them because they don't like your arrogant tone.<br /><br />And IMO: This IS part of the hoax, and this happens to be a HOAX forum. MJJC would be more suitable for you if you don't like people trying to see this hoax-wise.

• on 1326992728:
    <br />Does anyone really believe that Murray is in jail?  I don't.  Just a gut feeling.  <br />
    <br /><br />SAME!!!!!! me too hesouttamylife, i always think abt this!!!! solitary confinement is convenient. no one will ever see him.<br /><br /><br /><br />@tenderoni - i agree my post was off the cuff and probably not very well researched. but really, come on. it's a minor hair you are splitting with me... <br /><br />anyways. it is besides the point. the point here is that the family have dropped restitution. that is the point and that has EVERYTHING to do with the hoax.
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    Yes, tenderoni, tell us legal greenhorns how common that is.