Elvis Presley ~ the MAN & the ARTIST

SimPattyKSimPattyK Posts: 4,281
edited February 2012 in References & Similarities
40724915937746083316310.jpg<br /><br />[size=18pt]Hello to all MJ & Elvis believers!  :)<br /><br />Since this is my 888th post on this forum <br />I decided to dedicate it to my blue angel [/size] 0007.gif<br /><br />elviselvispresley474124.jpg<br /><br />[size=12pt]So I thought to open a thread about Elvis, not necessarily hoax-related, <br />where we could all post ANYTHING about the MAN & the artist Elvis Presley.<br />Feel free to add anything here: photos, videos, articles, quotes, creations, opinions, etc... [/size]<br /><br />25331115211791830895108.jpg<br /><br />blueangelq.jpg
<br />

Comments

• SimPattyKSimPattyK Posts: 4,281
    <br /><br />
    <br /><br />
    [size=14pt]♫ ♪ ♥  "I Like the Way You MOOOOVE" ♫ ♪ ♥ [/size]<br />0008.gif  elvis_/ elvis-9.gif danseur-36.gif<br /><br />
    <br /><br />
    <br /><br />
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    Thank you for this, SimPattyK. I watched the 'Elvis Presley Dances' video, it was very enjoyable!  Made me wanna dance, lol.
    on 1327278583:
    <br />Thank you for this, SimPattyK. I watched the 'Elvis Presley Dances' video, it was very enjoyable!  Made me wanna dance, lol.<br />
    :) I am happy you say that Andrea! I will try to make my best to present here all the important layers in Elvis' personality as a human being and as an artist.<br />Until the hoax, I was only aware of the existence of Elvis, the artist, the KING of Rock'n Roll. I've been a fan since my adolescence, but I guess not such a big fan to want to know more about him as a person. I was like mesmerized by his voice, looks, talent and music, which totally made me ignore that maybe behind the image , there was totally different man, interesting man, with such a complex dynamic, incredible personality!<br />I am forever grateful to Michael, for making me re-discover Elvis the way I did , through his death-hoax! lol Who would have thought! Since the hoax and most of all since I stumbled upon Ts' posts on Numerology, by accident!! while goggling for info about Michael and no. 7, intrigued by what I read and by the similarities that were highlighted between them both, I started to research more and more about Elvis and so I discovered how COMPLEX and UNIQUE he is, so I will try by this topic, to cover all that, I hope others will join and post here too ;)<br />Regardless of all the MJ & Elvis numerous amazing similarities, they are both so UNIQUE and ORIGINAL in their own fascinating way. And they're both like my angels lol Elvis is my blue angel and Michael is my golden angel 0007.gif
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    If you haven't already seen this channel on you tube.......then I suggest you have a look....LOVE THIS GUY:  Thanks for this topic...Im an ELVIS fan through and through......<br />
    <br /><br />
    <br /><br />
    <br />
    " frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    />
    [size=10pt]@2good2btrue: thank you for posting those videos!  :) thank you for participating in this topic! 0004.gif<br />Yes, I agree!! [URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/ELVISFANTASAY2001?feature=watch#g/u[/URL]ELVISFANTASAY2001[/URL] YT channel is one of the best! <br />I think he guy who makes those videos is a believer too! <br />Even though he doesn't clearly express that in his video-creations, but there are some of his videos where I feel he wants to say that Elvis is alive! <br />Of course he may always say that his spirit is alive in our hearts, but still...there's something about those videos!![/size]<br /><br />
    <br /><br />[size=10pt]Another SUPER-GREAT YT channel on Elvis is SabinaElena, she's a Romanian girl who also makes excellent videos! <br />She has several YT channels: sabinaellena, sabinaelena2011, euxyzabs - where presents incredible ELVIS video-compilations!<br />On some of them she uses some great remixes of MJ & Elvis'songs done by DJ ETHAN244 - another wonderful YT channel!![/size]<br /><br />
    <br /><br />
    <br /><br />
    <br /><br />
    on 1327280351:
    <br />[...]<br />Until the hoax, I was only aware of the existence of Elvis, the artist, the KING of Rock'n Roll. I've been a fan since my adolescence, but I guess not such a big fan to want to know more about him as a person. I was like mesmerized by his voice, looks, talent and music, which totally made me ignore that maybe behind the image , there was totally different man, interesting man, with such[size=12pt] a complex dynamic, incredible personality![/size]<br />I am forever grateful to Michael, for making me re-discover Elvis the way I did , through his death-hoax! lol Who would have thought!<br /> [...]
    <br />So ever since the hoax , I have discovered:<br /><br />ELVIS - The Philosopher, the Preacher and Spiritual Man - forever searching for existential answers<br />ELVIS - The Numerology passionate<br />ELVIS - The Humanitarian <br />ELVIS - The Human Rights supporter [he was NEVER a racist! as the media portrayed him!]<br />ELVIS - The Actor <br />ELVIS - The Father<br />ELVIS - The Soldier, the Patriot, the undercover Federal Agent [the Anti-drugs crusader - NEVER a drug-addict!!] <br />ELVIS - The Joker [extreme sense of humor, contagious laughter!]<br />ELVIS - The HOAXER !! ;)<br /><br /><br />Today , some videos which demonstrate not only that ELVIS was NOT a racist, but he was also very respected and LOVED by African-Americans [from common people to artists and more influential people!]. Before you watch the videos, I invite you to read some famous quotes!<br /><br />1. Little Richard: "Elvis was an integrator. Elvis was a blessing. They wouldn’t let Black music through. He opened the door for Black music." <br />2. Ernest Withers: "Elvis was a great man and did more for civil rights than people know. To call him a racist is an insult to us all." <br />3. Cissy Houston: "Elvis loved gospel music. He was raised on it. He was singing Gospel all the time – almost anything he did had that flavor. You can’t get away from what your roots are." <br />4. James Brown: "I wasn’t just a fan, I was his brother. I love him and hope to see him in heaven. There’ll never be another like that soul brother." <br />5. Sammy Davis Jnr.: "I have a respect for Elvis and my friendship. It ain’t my business what he did in private. The only thing I want to know is, ‘Was he my friend?’, ‘Did I enjoy him as a performer?’,  ‘Did he give the world of entertainment something?’ - and the answer is YES on all accounts. The other jazz just don’t matter." <br />6. B.B King: "I knew Elvis before he was popular. He used to come and be around us a lot. Elvis at heart was very religious and throughout his career he couldn’t help but let it come out. When Jackie Wilson had a stroke in '75, Elvis covered most of his medical bills. The struggles after M. L. King’s assassination created strong racial boundaries in Memphis and the South. Elvis had always felt strongly about social injustice, as shown by his donations to charities and his song ‘In The Ghetto’.<br /><br />
    <br /><br />
    <br /><br />
    <br /><br />
    elvisgod001.jpg<br /><br />
    <br /><br />elvisgod002.jpg
    [size=12pt]Elvis The Prophet - part 1 - The Coming of the Ship[/size]<br /><br />
    <br /><br />[size=14pt]Elvis The Prophet - part 2 -  LOVE[/size]<br /><br />
    <br /><br />
    YT-user (LiveInLakech) comment:<br /><br />[size=10pt]Among Elvis most loved authors is Kahil Gibran, most likely best-known for his work entitled THE PROPHET, a book of 26 poetic essays, which has been translated into over 20 languages. The Prophet, who has lived in a foreign city 12 years, is about to board a ship that will take him home. He is stopped by a group of people, whom he teaches the mysteries of life.<br /><br />Those who knew him well say that Elvis was a deeply religious man and an avid reader who spent hours reading spiritual books, meditating and praying to find the true meaning of life. This spiritual side of Elvis is an often overlooked.<br /><br />It has been documented that throughout his life Elvis read over 1000 different books, encompassing a wide range of subjects related to philosophy, spiritual teachings and esoteric arts.<br /><br />"My father's library of spiritual books is amazing. I've gone through these books. They're covered with his notes. He wrote on the top of the page, on the bottom of the page, in the margins - everywhere. You can hear him thinking when you read those notes" ~Lisa-Mary Presley<br /><br />"Mysticism spoke directly to Elvis' fundamental desire to know what life was about, and thus it emerged naturally from the very marrow of his being. Of all the books, it was 'The Impersonal Life', by Joseph Benner, a Western mystic who wrote inspirationally about the divine consciousness in man, which was to become Elvis' favorite book, the one he continually went back to over the years. The very small, pocket-sized volume was a brilliant awakening for him. The Impersonal Life would become his constant companion and a gift he would share with hundreds of others he met." ~Larry Geller[/size]
    <br /><br />
    <br /><br />
    elvisbluelight001.jpg<br /><br />elvisbluelight002.jpg<br /><br />[size=10pt]ELVIS: "I've always felt that there had to be some purpose for my life. Ever since I was a little kid growin' up, I felt this unseen hand behind me, guiding my life, getting me to the point where I'm at now. But why me? Why was I plucked from all the millions of lives in the world; there's gotta be a purpose in all this, a reason why I was chosen to be Elvis Presley."<br /><br />ELVIS: "The world knows Elvis Presley all right," he said emotionally, "but they don't know me," poking his chest. "I want them to know me, the real person. Larry, I've always been misunderstood my whole life. When my career first took off, they didn't know what to make of me; Hollywood still hasn't figured me out, and there's a lot of people who still don't have a clue to what I'm really all about. [....]There's more to me than that guy up there on the stage: You know, Elvis the image. What my fans and everyone else need to know is that I'm a spiritual person. If they don't know that, they'll never really know who I am, and what makes me tick." ( http://ezinearticles.com/?Elvis-Presley---The-First-Time-I-Styled-His-Hair&id=4676826 ) <br /><br />ELVIS: "I'll tell ya Larry, being a twin has always been a mystery for me. I mean, we were in our mother's womb together, so why was he born dead and not me? He never even got his chance to live. Think about it, why me? Why was I the one that was chosen? An' I've always wondered what would've been if he had lived, I really have. These kinds of questions tear my head up. There's got to be reasons for all this." ( http://ezinearticles.com/?Elvis-Presley:-The-Mystery-of-His-Twin,-Jesse-Garon&id=5864938 )<br /><br /><br />Larry Geller: "The Elvis I knew was an intelligent, thoughtful man who embarked on a lifelong quest for purpose and enlightenment. I was privileged to share that journey with him. Together we explored the world's great esoteric philosophies and religions.We read many hundreds of books together. We studied and discussed, searched and probed, always looking for answers to the unanswerable, each looking for his own purpose and helping the other along the way."  ( http://ezinearticles.com/?Elvis-Presleys-Spiritual-Journey&id=4968360 )[/size]<br /><br />elvisbluelight003.jpg<br /><br />The BLUE color & LIGHT - another common thing that Michael & Elvis share ;)<br /><br />
    <br /><br />[size=10pt]Pay attention...you'll notice many common points shared with Michael , notably: besides their immense faith in God, they both share a strong belief that God sent them with a purpose here on Earth, that they have a mission to accomplish here and they both struggled a good part of their lives trying to figure out what exactly that mission is, constantly searching,  questioning, studying, looking for answers...[/size]<br /><br />elvisbluelight004.jpg<br /><br />elvisbluelight005.jpg
    elvis007.jpg<br /><br />
    [size=14pt] The Spiritual Soul Of Elvis Part 1[/size]<br />
    <br /><br />[size=14pt] The Spiritual Soul Of Elvis Part 2[/size]<br />
    <br /><br />[size=14pt] The Spiritual Soul Of Elvis Part 3[/size]<br />
    <br /><br />[size=14pt]PART 4 ~ [/size] /><br />[size=14pt]PART 5 ~ [/size] /><br />[size=14pt]PART 6 ~ [/size]
    <br /><br /><br />elvisbluelight006.jpg
    elvisangelface.jpg<br /><br />000gh.jpg<br /><br /><br /><br />coeur-neon-lumineux.gifcoeur-neon-lumineux.gifcoeur-neon-lumineux.gifcoeur-neon-lumineux.gifcoeur-neon-lumineux.gifcoeur-neon-lumineux.gifcoeur-neon-lumineux.gifcoeur-neon-lumineux.gif<br /><br />s76070402.jpg
    [size=12pt]ELVIS PRESLEY GENTLY REMIX 2012 "valentines version"[/size]<br /><br />
    <br /><br /><br />
    <br /><br />
    <br /><br /><br />
    <br /><br />
    <br /><br />
    Great SONG!<br /><br />
    <br /><br /><br />Love this remix!  /bravo/<br /><br />
    <br /><br /><br /><br />
    <br /><br />image3ai.jpg<br /><br />
    <br /><br />
    <br /><br /><br />[size=12pt]The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face[/size]<br /><br />
    <br /><br /><br />[size=16pt]Graceland Launches ICON : <br />The Influence of Elvis Presley Presented by Fender[/size]
    <br /><br />http://www.elvis.com/news/detail.aspx?id=6165<br />March 01, 2012 <br /><br />The yearlong 35th anniversary commemoration of the life and legacy of Elvis Presley continues in Memphis with the third and largest exhibit launching at Graceland in 2012. Icon: The Influence of Elvis Presley Presented by Fender will be open March 1, 2012 through February 2013.<br /><br />Curated by the Graceland archives team in partnership with the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum, this groundbreaking exhibit features 75 artifacts on loan from the famed Cleveland museum, along with items from the collections of many of today’s biggest names in music who have been influenced by the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll. The exhibit celebrates Elvis’ status as a music pioneer and icon that paved the way for many of today’s artists and celebrities. Items on display in this exhibit include Bono’s “MacPhisto” suit from U2’s Zooropa performances, Bob Dylan’s leather jacket that appears on the album cover "Real Live,” James Brown’s jumpsuit and vest worn in concert in the 1970s, along with artifacts from Elton John, Trisha Yearwood, Joan Jett, Wanda Jackson, Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, The Beatles, Katy Perry and many others.<br /><br />Grammy award-winning artist Amy Grant, a well-known Elvis fan, gladly accepted the invitation to display her personal copy of lyrics for “Heartbreak Hotel,” handwritten for her by the songwriter, Mae Axton. “The ink is fading on the page, but the special memory of spending time with one of the great writers who gave Elvis a song to sing never will,” said Grant when asked about being included in the unique exhibit.<br /><br />Earlier in 2012, two additional exhibits opened at Graceland. Elvis on Tour celebrates the 40th anniversary of the Golden Globe award-winning documentary of the same name. The documentary takes an in-depth look at Elvis’ multi-city tour during April of that year. Artifacts from the exhibit include the producer’s Golden Globe award, jewelry and stage clothing worn by the king during the concerts, rarely-seen photos, videos and more.<br /><br />A new addition to the VIP Tour, Elvis…Through His Daughter’s Eyes opened on February 1, Lisa Marie Presley’s birthday, and highlights the relationship between Elvis and his only child. Presley was personally involved in the exhibit’s development and planning. Visitors will see numerous items including family photos and home movies that explore her experience of growing up at Graceland and the relationship with her famous father. Artifacts include Presley’s baby footprints, clothing, childhood tricycle, record player, crib, gold ID bracelet given to her by Elvis and much more.<br /><br />Graceland is open year round with various tour options. Icon: The Influence of Elvis Presley Presented by Fender is included in the VIP and Platinum Tours. For more information on tours and for a FREE online trip planner, please visit Elvis.com. <br />
  • I sure hope Elvis actually "comes out" as himself before he actually does die. I've always felt he hoaxed his death, & because I listen to Alex Jones, he's announced many times that Elvis is still alive. I've posted that on other Elvis threads too.<br /><br />I know he's getting up there in age, so I sure hope he appears as himself, so all the non-believers can pay me all my money they owe me for not believing & calling me crazy.<br /><br />I thought he was writing a book with the author that's been part of the other Elvis conspiraries, so when he is truely gone, she will have pictures showing all the years will have been accounted for since his alleged death.<br />But book wasn't going to be released until after he was actually gone.<br />
    <br /><br />Video Description:<br /><br />In this 50th Anniversary Tribute, stars such as Tom Jones, Glen Campbell, Kenny Rogers, ZZ Top, Suzi Quatro, Buddy Holly's Crickets, and Neil Sedaka reflect on Elvis' extraordinary talent and his popularity.<br /><br />When Elvis Presley first set foot in Memphis' Sun Studios on July 5th, 1954, little did he know that he would be launching a 50-year legacy spanning television, film, and pop music. This nostalgic documentary celebrates Elvis' long and varied career in show business through interviews with Tom Jones, Glen Campbell, Kenny Rogers, ZZ Top, Suzi Quatro, Neil Sedaka, and many others.<br />Barbara Leigh, Barry Gibb, Bill Medley, Charlie Hodge, Cliff Richard, Connie Stevens, Dixie Locke - Emmons, George Klein, Glen Campbell, Hall Kanter, Jackie De Shannon, James Darren, Jimmie Rodgers, Joe Cocker, Joe Esposito, Julia Baird, Julio Iglesias, Kenny Rogers, Mac Davis, Mick Taylor, Nail Sadaka, Norm Crosby, Pat Boone, Patti Page, Phyllis McGuire, Randy Jackson, Ray Manzarek, Rod Davis, Rona Barret, Sam Phillips, Scotty Moore, Shecky Green, Steve Binder, Suzi Quatro, Tab Hunter, Teri Garr, Buddy Holly's Crickets, Tom Jones, Tony Orlando, Tony Sheridan, Trent Carlini, Wink Marlindale, ZZ Top
    on 1330640019:
    <br />[...]<br />I know he's getting up there in age, so I sure hope he appears as himself, so all the non-believers can pay me all my money they owe me for not believing & calling me crazy.<br />[...]
    ohh may God hear you!!  bow/<br /><br />Elvis come back pls...we need you together with Michael.... you 2 are the angels that will ROCK this world and make it better!!
    elviskiss.jpg<br /><br /><br />
    <br /><br /><br />elviskiss002.jpg<br /><br /><br />43160719855426357761010.jpg