Whitney Houston Dead at 48

AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
edited January 1970 in News
[size=18pt]Whitney Houston Dead at 48[/size]<br />11 minutes ago BY TMZ STAFF<br /><br />0211-whitney-houston-bn.jpg<br /><br />Whitney Houston died this afternoon ... a rep for the singer told the Associated Press.<br /><br />Houston won two Emmy Awards, six Grammy Awards, 30 Billboard Music Awards, 22 American Music Awards during her record-breaking career. Her album "Whitney" was the first female album to ever debut at #1 on the Billboard Charts. She has sold 200 albums world wide.<br /><br />Houston holds an Honorary Doctorate in Humanities from Grambling State University in Louisiana.<br /><br />Houston had one child, Bobbi Kristina, with husband Bobby Brown. Houston and Brown were married from 1992-2007. <br /><br />Story developing ... <br /><br />http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/11/whitney-houston-dead/<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />

Comments

• paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    God that sadness,.. i can't believe
  • SimPattyKSimPattyK Posts: 4,281
    OMG!! is this true? or another celebrity death hoax?<br /><br />I hope it's a sick joke!!
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    I'm in shock right now.
  • AdiAdi Posts: 1,834
    I wonder if this is yet another of those hoaxes about celebrities dying that have been rampant the last few years???<br /><br />Weird, TMZ have had a few articles on their site recently about Whitney and now this.<br /><br />If it isn't another one of those hoaxes then it is very sad.
  • TinkTink Posts: 1,175
    LA Times, nada!
  • TinkTink Posts: 1,175
    on 1329009600:
    <br />I wonder if this is yet another of those hoaxes about celebrities dying that have been rampant the last few years???<br /><br />Weird, TMZ have had a few articles on their site recently about Whitney and now this.<br /><br />If it isn't another one of those hoaxes then it is very sad.<br />
    <br /><br />I call it BS, thus far! Don't believe it, until the fat lady sings.
  • trublutrublu Posts: 1,011
    I feel really sad right now :'(
  • : (((( I just saw it on the news. I can't believe it.
  • AdiAdi Posts: 1,834
    on 1329010076:
    <br />
    on 1329009600:
    <br />I wonder if this is yet another of those hoaxes about celebrities dying that have been rampant the last few years???<br /><br />Weird, TMZ have had a few articles on their site recently about Whitney and now this.<br /><br />If it isn't another one of those hoaxes then it is very sad.<br />
    <br /><br />I call it BS, thus far! Don't believe it, until the fat lady sings.<br />
    <br /><br />Yep - something has tripped my suspicion radar about this.
    I don't know about the main stream media yet, but so far La Toya seems to confirm Whitney's death by posting this on her twitter: <br />
    LaToya wrote:
    I can't fathom the fact that #whitneyhouston has died! My heart goes out 2 her mother, daughter & her love ones. #Whitney U will be missed!<br /><br />@cnn I'm distraught over the news that Whitney Houston has died! She was the most INCREDIBLE talent. What another sad day for the world.
    <br /><br /><br />TMZ @TMZ
    )) 34 min ago: <br />"According to TMZ sources, Houston died at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. <br />A police crime lab vehicle was seen outside the hotel just moments ago (see below).<br />So far, the details surround Houstin's death are unclear. <br />The singer famously battled drug addiction for years."<br />  - http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/11/whitney-houston-dead/#.TzcWUoFWp3A<br />
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! WTF??

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• Didn't  Michael, Jermaine and the Jackson family know Whitney Houston? It seems like another person connected to Michael either has died or been "killed"
  • Went searching and I just finished reading an article on ABC News about Whitney's Reps. denying this rumor,they say she is very much alive and at home....... Maybe this is all part of Michael's plan coming together...Hmmmm.....
    This is all very suspicious.  I don't know what has happened but I have a terrible feeling that her death is neither natural nor her own fault.  If this isn't a hoax then she was killed, I'm almost sure of it.<br /><br /><br />TMZ did a little story on her earlier today, calling her "ageless" - it was one of their good genes vs good docs polls.<br /><br />http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/11/whitney-houston-good-genes-or-good-docs/<br /><br />What is going on???
  • on 1329010650:
    <br />Went searching and I just finished reading an article on ABC News about Whitney's Reps. denying this rumor,they say she is very much alive and at home....... Maybe this is all part of Michael's plan coming together...Hmmmm.....<br />
    <br /><br />it's from semptember 13...I saw this article too
  • Wait....another celebrity death from drugs?  Is every single celebrity a drug addict?  I think not.  If this is true..that Whitney is dead...I would say it's VERY suspicious.
    I guess she was either going to or was at Clive Davis's huge pre-Grammy party that he has every year.<br /><br />It was the Clive Davis party a couple years back that Chris Brown allegedly beat Rihanna, on the way home afterwards I believe.  I don't buy that story either, I think some bad sh*t went down either at or near the party, where other people were involved, I did a post a long time ago about it.<br /><br />Something's going on.
    Taj Jackson @tajjackson3<br />"Still can't believe the news. Utterly speechless. One of the most amazing voices ever. RIP Whitney Houston."<br /><br /><br />What is going on here???  WTF?? On the one hand we have TMZ and the Jacksons posting R.I.P. twits and at the same time on ABC News ,Whitney's Reps. deny this rumor ??  smiley_spider bangbang
  • Looks like back in September she was also pronounced dead. But then it was retracted. <br />Also noticed article said she died at hotel, this afternoon, & crime scene lab vehicle was parked out in front of hotel.<br /><br />
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    on 1329010732:
    <br />This is all very suspicious.  I don't know what has happened but I have a terrible feeling that her death is neither natural nor her own fault.  If this isn't a hoax then she was killed, I'm almost sure of it.<br /><br /><br />TMZ did a little story on her earlier today, calling her "ageless" - it was one of their good genes vs good docs polls.<br /><br />http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/11/whitney-houston-good-genes-or-good-docs/<br /><br /><br /><br />What is going on???<br />
    <br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />
    404 Page Not Found.<br />We're sorry, but we weren't able to find that page.<br /><br />Perhaps we can interest you in one of the categories below.
    <br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />What is going on Harvey? :?<br /><br />
  • :oops: :oops:
    on 1329010902:
    <br />
    on 1329010650:
    <br />Went searching and I just finished reading an article on ABC News about Whitney's Reps. denying this rumor,they say she is very much alive and at home....... Maybe this is all part of Michael's plan coming together...Hmmmm.....<br />
    Oh my bad sorry.<br /><br /><br />it's from semptember 13...I saw this article too<br />
  • mjj4ever777mjj4ever777 Posts: 1,467
    This is on CNN right now. They say that her reps. have confirmed that she died...The King of Pop and now the Queen of pop?? I wish that this wasn't true, but if it is, may she Rest In Peace. God Bless her family, especially her daughter Bobby...so sad. <br /><br />The first thing my hubby said was "is this another hoax"? That is the thing that really bothers me, we never know what to believe and what not to believe, anymore! too many of Michael's friends have passed away in the last 2.5 years...I don't know what to think...sigh. It's just sad :(<br /><br />I hope everyone here is well and I send you all my LOVE! Please family, LOVE each other, because you never know what may happen tomorrow. Blessings to all! <3<br /><br />
  • The stars are tweeting their condolescences  OMG!  If this is true it is very sad and a bit odd because I just saw Whitney a week or so ago doing an interview.  She looked great and was talking about playing the mother in a new prodution of Sparkle.
  • Aidan_81Aidan_81 Posts: 382
    OMG she's gone..<br />So young!! shame on me I thought she's over 50.. OMG gone too soon!<br /><br />was she.. sorry wasn't following her life this year, was she ill? taking drugs?<br />god it's not overdose is it.<br /><br /> this is so sad and shocking! so young.
    on 1329011428:
    <br />
    on 1329010732:
    <br />This is all very suspicious.  I don't know what has happened but I have a terrible feeling that her death is neither natural nor her own fault.  If this isn't a hoax then she was killed, I'm almost sure of it.<br /><br /><br />TMZ did a little story on her earlier today, calling her "ageless" - it was one of their good genes vs good docs polls.<br /><br />http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/11/whitney-houston-good-genes-or-good-docs/<br /><br /><br /><br />What is going on???<br />
    <br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />
    404 Page Not Found.<br />We're sorry, but we weren't able to find that page.<br /><br />Perhaps we can interest you in one of the categories below.
    <br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />What is going on Harvey? :?<br /><br /><br />
    <br /><br />I copied it before it was taken down.<br /><br />[size=18pt]Whitney Houston Good Genes or Good Docs? [/size]<br />2/11/2012 12:25 AM PST BY Johnny Lopez<br /><br />0210-whitney-genes-1.jpg<br /><br />Ageless Whitney Houston don't crack.<br /><br />Here's the nubile 22-year-old after winning her first Grammy award in 1986 (left) -- and 26 years later, the youthful 48-year-old pro at a pre-Grammy event in L.A. on Thursday (right).<br /><br />It's not right, but it's okay.