My theory in Whitney Houston's death: the high heat of the water

TinkTink Posts: 1,175
edited February 2012 in News
Every one loves a good long soak in the bathtub, right? Who doesn't? I've been highly suspicious of this, ever since it came out she was found in it.<br /><br />I've been pondering the actual temperature of the bathtub interacting with Whitney's body. Hotels are famously known for having the hottest you can get - so hot, there's often a warning sticker.<br /><br />So, I present this to you, from a doctor's perspective (I felt that the high heat of a hot tub was appropriate here):<br /><br />"High water temperatures can elevate your body temperature of your internal organs beyond safe limits. (It's almost like having a fever.) It is recommended that maximum water temperature never exceed 104 degrees Fahrenheit (40 degrees Celsius).<br /><br />Soaking too long makes some people nauseous, dizzy, lightheaded or faint. Don't soak for more than 15 minutes at one sitting in 104 degrees Fahrenheit (40 degrees Celsius) water. If you wish to soak for a longer period of time in high temperatures, leave the spa or hot tub after 15 minutes, shower, cool down and then return for another brief stay. In lower temperatures (e.g., 98.6 degrees - normal body temperature), most people can comfortably and safely soak for longer periods at one sitting. If you have any questions about what's right for you and your family, consult with your doctor.<br /><br />Never use the spa or hot tub when you're alone.<br /><br />Never use a spa or hot tub while or after using alcohol. Alcohol acts to expand your blood vessels and increase your body temperature- much like soaking in hot water does. Alcohol in your bloodstream and soaking at the same time creates a combined effect that can be damaging. The body temperature may accelerate to dangerous levels quickly. The alcohol may cause nausea, dizziness or lightheadedness. The ultimate danger of combined alcohol consumption and hot water soaking is drowning due to loss of consciousness, heart attack or injury due to passing out and falling.<br /><br />As with alcohol, the combined use of certain prescribed medicines and hot water soaking can be dangerous. Never use a spa or hot tub while or after using narcotics or other drugs that may cause sleepiness, drowsiness or raise or lower blood pressure. With any drug or medication, consult with your doctor about potential harmful effects from combined use of the drug and hot water soaking. Never use a spa or hot tub if you are under the influence of drugs."<br /><br />It doesn't matter which one; it's the heat of the water that killed her, regardless, if my theorem is correct. That would explain why she was found cold, after an hour... :'(<br /><br />I myself didn't know how a hot bath, hot tub can kill. Sure, this article is on hot tubs, but hotels are known for having the hottest water, and you can make Sauna type water in the tub <br /><br />Typical suite tub at the Beverly Hills Hilton: http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/public/wBumUu8nr74o6zoVPhsCSiGHm9quvIh24x5HorSCkTTGB43EAT_ijVjXD8dzLgAGHArif_HUNZZIyBn_PM2nBAG60GwkXEuJAZi4ncHPntQWYvFhnPc4Ccfk

Comments

• Thank you for sharing this with us. It's interesting for sure and quite possible that the mixture of heat from the water, the medicine she was taking and the champagne or beer that they said she drank was a deadly combination. Perhaps the medicine and alcohol alone didn't do anything but the hot water did. Very sad ending either way.<br /><br />I didn't know this either so am glad to have read this to pass on to my family who drink and sit in hot tubs.<br /><br />Blessings.
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    <br />Yes, just like MJ's "death", there seems to be a whole cocktail of reasons for her to have to died. The whole world could easily see she was doing all the things that would lead to death. Like she was stupid or something, and everyone else was helpless to stop her, or didn't have a clue.<br /><br />But this could all be a very elaborate set-up.<br />For any of you drinkers out there, is it possible to swim for 2 hours the day after binging--she was seen at the club loud and disheveled the night before? Or perhaps she swam before going to the club to get drunk.  She was supposed to perform at Clive Davis's party the next day, so would she get drunk the night before knowing she had to be her best physically in front of 800 guests?
  • TinkTink Posts: 1,175
    on 1329383016:
    <br /><br />Yes, just like MJ's "death", there seems to be a whole cocktail of reasons for her to have to died. The whole world could easily see she was doing all the things that would lead to death. Like she was stupid or something, and everyone else was helpless to stop her, or didn't have a clue.<br /><br />But this could all be a very elaborate set-up.<br />For any of you drinkers out there, is it possible to swim for 2 hours the day after binging--she was seen at the club loud and disheveled the night before? Or perhaps she swam before going to the club to get drunk.  She was supposed to perform at Clive Davis's party the next day, so would she get drunk the night before knowing she had to be her best physically in front of 800 guests?<br />
    <br /><br />*sigh* It's called "HAIR OF THE DOG" for those who don't know. She wasn't swimming in the pool, either. She was drinking EARLY in the morning, at 10:00 AM, using two different bars to get her alcohol thinking she was being clever... :'(<br /><br />Addicts like to keep the buzz going, and not come down - so, yes; I do believe she was drinking pretty much nonstop. Drinking early in the morning is indicative of being an Alcoholic. :( Lord knows, I've dealt with it, in other people enough. People calling it "medicine," swearing they need it to sleep, any excuse in the world.<br /><br />