WATERFRONT HOTEL...You rock my world video

emulikemulik Posts: 1,009
edited January 1970 in General MJ Discussion
Hello again.. :) I am not sure where to post this, so if it is in the wrong thread, please remove it.<br /><br />Have you noticed "WATERFRONT HOTEL" in the very beginning of You rock my world video? It is quite interesting, "WATER" and "FRONT" connections...what do you think?<br /><br />

Comments

• SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    Hi Emulik yes I had seen this, makes us think of Front of course.  lolol/<br /><br />Here's a blog where they talk about the possible significance of the YRMW video, the comments are interesting as well:<br /><br />http://dancingwiththeelephant.wordpress.com/2011/11/17/spotlight-on-you-rock-my-world/<br /><br />There is also mention of the movie "On the Waterfront" with Marlon Brando, which could have significance in regards to Michael's battles against corruption and how artists are treated in the music industry. I have not seen the movie myself so I can't tell anything with details.<br /><br />
    <br />On the Waterfront (1954) is a classic, award-winning, controversial film directed by Elia Kazan - a part drama and part gangster film. The authentic-looking, powerful film is concerned with the problems of trade unionism, corruption and racketeering. And it is set on New York's oppressive waterfront docks, where dock workers struggled for work, dignity, and to make ends meet under the control of hard-knuckled, mob-run labor unions that would force them to submit to daily 'shape-ups' by cruel hiring bosses."<br /><br />The film's morality tale of corruption ends with its ultimate defeat and the saving of the community by a morally-redeemed martyr (a common man with a conscience). With a naturalistic acting style, Marlon Brando portrayed Terry Malloy, an inarticulate, struggling, brutish hero and small-time, washed-up ex-boxer who took a regrettable fall in the ring. Now an errand boy and 'owned' by the union boss, he is unaware of his own personal power. But eventually because of torment over his actions and his realization of new choices in life, he joins forces with a tough-minded, courageous and crusading priest (Malden) and a loving, angelic blonde woman (Saint), a sister of one of the victims, to seek reform and challenge the mob.
    <br /><br />http://www.filmsite.org/onth.html
  • SimPattyKSimPattyK Posts: 4,281
    Wow! This is excellent! Great job @emulik & @sarahli!  /bravo/ bearhug
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    Thank you Sim!  ;)<br /><br />It's all very interesting and it connects to the missing "N" posts from Front and then after that the official MJ Facebook page posted a missing "N" in "NO FIGHTI_G" in relation to this video. Michael is rocking our world!  respect/<br />
  • emulikemulik Posts: 1,009
    on 1330467316:
    <br />Hi Emulik yes I had seen this, makes us think of Front of course.  lolol/<br /><br />Here's a blog where they talk about the possible significance of the YRMW video, the comments are interesting as well:<br /><br />http://dancingwiththeelephant.wordpress.com/2011/11/17/spotlight-on-you-rock-my-world/<br /><br />There is also mention of the movie "On the Waterfront" with Marlon Brando, which could have significance in regards to Michael's battles against corruption and how artists are treated in the music industry. I have not seen the movie myself so I can't tell anything with details.<br /><br />
    <br />On the Waterfront (1954) is a classic, award-winning, controversial film directed by Elia Kazan - a part drama and part gangster film. The authentic-looking, powerful film is concerned with the problems of trade unionism, corruption and racketeering. And it is set on New York's oppressive waterfront docks, where dock workers struggled for work, dignity, and to make ends meet under the control of hard-knuckled, mob-run labor unions that would force them to submit to daily 'shape-ups' by cruel hiring bosses."<br /><br />The film's morality tale of corruption ends with its ultimate defeat and the saving of the community by a morally-redeemed martyr (a common man with a conscience). With a naturalistic acting style, Marlon Brando portrayed Terry Malloy, an inarticulate, struggling, brutish hero and small-time, washed-up ex-boxer who took a regrettable fall in the ring. Now an errand boy and 'owned' by the union boss, he is unaware of his own personal power. But eventually because of torment over his actions and his realization of new choices in life, he joins forces with a tough-minded, courageous and crusading priest (Malden) and a loving, angelic blonde woman (Saint), a sister of one of the victims, to seek reform and challenge the mob.
    <br /><br />http://www.filmsite.org/onth.html<br />
    <br /><br />wow, that is interesting! thank you Sarahli for showing that blog, I will read it.  :) <br />it is amazing and mind-blowing how is everything related to Michael connected! it is definitely work of master :)
  • emulikemulik Posts: 1,009
    on 1330473283:
    <br />Wow! This is excellent! Great job @emulik & @sarahli!  /bravo/ bearhug<br />
    <br /><br />you are very welcome Sim!  :)