Monkee Dead at 66!!!

gwynnedgwynned Posts: 1,361
edited January 1970 in News
Seriously?  TMZ was (surprise surprise) the first to report the death of Davey Jones of the Monkees.<br /><br />http://todayentertainment.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/29/10540912-monkees-star-davy-jones-dies-at-66?ocid=ansmsnbc11<br /><br />Singer Davy Jones of The Monkees has died of a heart attack at 66, the medical examiner's office in Martin County, Fla., has confirmed to NBC News.<br /><br />A statement issued by the medical examiner's office says that Jones complained Wednesday morning that he wasn't feeling well and was having trouble breathing. He was taken to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead. No suspicious circumstances surrounded his death, and his family has been notified. He is survived by his wife, Jessica, and four daughters.<br /><br />The news was originally reported by TMZ.<br /><br />Jones was most famous for his role in the pop group The Monkees, which was put together in 1965 for the TV show of the same name. With such hits as "Daydream Believer," "Last Train to Clarksville," "I'm a Believer," and "Pleasant Valley Sunday," and the "Monkees" theme song, the group sold more than 50 million records.

Comments

• AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    I was very sad to hear Davy Jones died.  I've always like the Monkees even though I hadn't been born yet when the show was originally on.  I've had their songs stuck in my head since I heard the news, on TMZ of course.<br /><br />Another heart attack.  Age 66.  On Feb 29, another 2 11 like Whitney.  Not saying there's a conspiracy here but I never know what to think anymore these days. 
    Just a paranoid, speculative thought here.<br /><br />I had read an article that MJFAN7 linked to (the link no longer works now for some reason) about how Whitney was a blood sacrifice for Beyonce and Jay Z's baby.  <br /><br />Davy Jones dies on Feb 29, the day the doesn't really 'exist' as it's every 4 years.  Justin Bieber turned 18 the next day, on March 1st, his birthday would've normally been the day before (following Feb 28th) if it had not been for the leap year.  A teen idol from the 60's sacrificed for the current teen idol??<br /><br />Like I said, just a paranoid thought that's been in my head since it happened. 
  • wishingstarwishingstar Posts: 2,927
    Hey Andrea...I posted the songs I'm a Believer and Daydream Believer in the song thread....just in case you wanted to listen to them.  Interesting thoughts for sure!<br /><br />http://www.michaeljacksonhoaxforum.com/smf2.0/index.php?topic=18951.msg392609#msg392609<br /><br />Blessings
    I actually listened to them shortly after you posted them wishingstar and enjoyed them very much, thank you! I love that thread.
  • wishingstarwishingstar Posts: 2,927
    Hugs to you Andrea! <br /> bearhug<br /><br />I am glad you enjoyed them...they are great songs.  <br />Yes, it's a great thread : ) for sure!!!<br /><br />Blessings!<br /><br />
  • on 1330887813:
    <br />Seriously?  TMZ was (surprise surprise) the first to report the death of Davey Jones of the Monkees.<br /><br />http://todayentertainment.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/29/10540912-monkees-star-davy-jones-dies-at-66?ocid=ansmsnbc11<br /><br />Singer Davy Jones of The Monkees has died of a heart attack at 66, the medical examiner's office in Martin County, Fla., has confirmed to NBC News.<br /><br />A statement issued by the medical examiner's office says that Jones complained Wednesday morning that he wasn't feeling well and was having trouble breathing. He was taken to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead. No suspicious circumstances surrounded his death, and his family has been notified. He is survived by his wife, Jessica, and four daughters.<br /><br />The news was originally reported by TMZ.<br /><br />Jones was most famous for his role in the pop group The Monkees, which was put together in 1965 for the TV show of the same name. With such hits as "Daydream Believer," "Last Train to Clarksville," "I'm a Believer," and "Pleasant Valley Sunday," and the "Monkees" theme song, the group sold more than 50 million records.<br />
    <br /><br />[size=10pt]Thank you for this news Gwynned  bearhug!!!!<br />So we have another heart-attack.......mmmmmm  :? .What's interesting about some of these recent star deaths is that the reports take a long time and they sometimes CHANGE things without alerting the public. For example Amy Winehouse's cause of death was reopened and the coroner who oversaw the original cause resigned  :?  smiley_spider . [/size]
  • SimPattyKSimPattyK Posts: 4,281
    hummmm . . . As i said on the other thread, it seems that it's quite FASHIONABLE for celebs to die of a HEART_ATTACK these days ...<br /><br /> <br />Andrew Breitbart Dead at 43 <br /> <br />Whitney Houston Dead at 48<br /><br />Monkee Dead at 66<br /><br />Monkee!!!<br />I can't help but notice the MONKEY reference!!! Since we discussed about Monkey-references in both Elvis & Mj death hoaxes.... and that theory about COLLECTIVE consciousness and the 100th monkey! We discussed about it here on this thread: Official back & Front thread<br /><br /><br /><br />I will re-post here this ...since the HEART-ATTACKS list seems to grow longer by the day!!<br />May God bless the souls of those who DID die! and keep safe those who faked their deaths to save their lives or to be part of this project!!<br /><br /><br />I wonder how many of these people really died of a heart attack.<br />How many faked IT.<br />And how many were "executed"??<br />But I will NEVER believe that they ALL died of a natural heart attack! <br /><br />This stuff really stinks!!<br /><br /><br />HEART ATTACK - in the BATHTUB- 3rd July 1971 - Jim Morrison<br />HEART ATTACK - 16th August 1977 - Elvis "died"<br />HEART ATTACK - 26th June 1979 - Elvis' father died<br />HEART ATTACK - 25th December 2006 - James Brown died<br />HEART ATTACK - 25th June 2009 - MJ "died"<br />HEART ATTACK - 23rd March 2011 - Liz Taylor died<br />HEART ATTACK - 23rd July 2011 - Amy Winehouse died<br />HEART ATTACK - 24th August 2011 - Frank Dileo died<br />possible?? HEART ATTACK ?? - in the BATHTUB 11th February 2012 - Whitney Houston died<br /><br />21536921932940475016810.jpg<br /><br />
  • gwynnedgwynned Posts: 1,361
    on 1330888463:
    <br />I was very sad to hear Davy Jones died.  I've always like the Monkees even though I hadn't been born yet when the show was originally on.  I've had their songs stuck in my head since I heard the news, on TMZ of course.<br /><br />Another heart attack.  Age 66.  On Feb 29, another 2 11 like Whitney.  Not saying there's a conspiracy here but I never know what to think anymore these days.  <br />
    <br /><br />I can't help but think he's not dead either!  Did Michael preview his family's 'return from the dead' in Ghosts?  <br /><br />Is it a coincidence that Davey Jones was a 'Sony' talent???  It's not gone unnoticed that these stars were all under contract with Sony at the time of their demise.  http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/11629504-davy-jones-is-a-sony-talent<br /><br />But who is SONY?  Is it yet another coincidence that my daughter recently bought a Sony surround sound which came with a small number of games and videos.  However the ONLY entertainer featured at no cost was.......  MICHAEL JACKSON.  <br /><br />I guess turn around is fair play.
  • TinkTink Posts: 1,175
    Well, to be fair: many people have died of heart attacks since Jim Morrison. Like, millions of people.<br /><br />Davy Jones was almost 70, and I had a cousin drop dead at 50, while he was out mountain climbing. You just never know, do you?<br />Why eating right, and taking care of yourself is ever so important.
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    <br />I'm sad about his death!  Hearing all those Monkey's songs brings back good memories!  They were actually very talented!<br /><br />
    What is the origin of the phrase "Davy Jones' Locker"?We knew that sailors used the phrase to refer to the bottom of the ocean, but we had no clue as to its origin. After entering the phrase "Davy Jones' Locker" in the Yahoo! search bar, we discovered several possibilities:Michael Quinion's excellent World Wide Words site offers a great quote from Tobias Smollet's The Adventures of Peregrine Pickle(1751): "This same Davy Jones, according to the mythology of sailors, is the fiend that presides over all the evil spirits of the deep...."<br />One legend suggests that a particularly fiendish pub owner named David Jones used to incapacitate hapless drinkers in his ale locker, and send them off aboard ships. Sounds like a handy way of disposing of your enemies.<br />Brewer�s Dictionary of Phrase and Fable offers an interesting linguistic take on the issue: Davy is a bastardization of Duffy, the West Indian term for ghost. Jones comes from Jonah, the prophet who spent a few uncomfortable days lodged in the GI tract of a whale. And a locker, loosely defined, is a place to store valuable things. So the phrase "He's gone to Davy Jones' locker" (i.e., he cashed it in) loosely translates as "He's safe with Duffy Jonah now."<br />A random Navy Trivia page we stumbled across has some entertaining guesses: Duffer Jones was a notoriously myopic sailor who often found himself overboard. Davy could also come from the horned one himself, the Devil. The shortest sailor on board usually impersonates him during the the Crossing of the Line, a bizarre naval cross-dressing ceremony. The less said, the better.<br />And finally, we were happy to read that Cool Word of the Day denies a link between the phrase and Davy Jones of the Monkees. They also suggest that Davy comes from St. David, a patron saint of Welsh sailors, and reiterate the Jones/Jonah connection. That sounds reasonable enough to us.
      http://ask.yahoo.com/20000831.html<br /><br /><br />Also  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davy_Jones'_Locker<br /><br /><br />From the bottom of the bathtub (Whitney), to the bottom of the sea.<br /><br /><br />Here's Shrek-  I'm a believer!<br />http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3SXbMhfHWM <br /><br /><br /> penguin/ penguin/ penguin/ penguin/ penguin/
  • Its herIts her Posts: 1,137
    About three or four weeks ago, Biography did an hour on Davy Jones.  ???/ I thought it was bizarre, since I had not heard he was still entertaining. I had not heard of him in decades.  I don't know when it was filmed, but DJ appeared to be at least 60, and said was planning some kind of a comeback, solo-ing, after touring with two of the other Monkees for a few years. <br /><br />The only thing which doesn't fit the pattern of recent possible hoaxed deaths is that he wasn't on any drugs, or under the care of a doctor pumping drugs in him, as far as we know. <br /><br />Then when it was published that he died, I wondered if the Bio was only run so that more people would have him fresh on their minds...on albino/ purpose. suspicious// <br /><br />I hope he is faking, for THIS hoax. He seemed like a sweet, happy, indomitable guy. We need to keep more of those kind.  :'( 
  • sandythymesandythyme Posts: 365
    The Monkees did get back together (all expect Mike N.) for a reunion tour, but it cut short.  There may have been one other thyme before that as well.  Davy, who I loved so much, did perform through the years.  His last performance was in early February of this year in Oklahoma.  I am very sad over his death, I remember when the show first aired.  Very good memories.