How Badly

edited January 1970 in Messages to Michael
When I think about time...in the form of thoughts of you ~~ I could have touched the stars by now.<br />When I think about hopes...in the form of being a "Believer" ~~ My soul carries them, down to the core of the earth.<br /><br />How Badly...do I wish you were reading these words right now?<br />Oh...all of your lyrics from all of your songs ever written...could never come close...to the desire.<br /><br />I try to see beyond the bad days...and remember the good ones...and reach out to better moments..<br />But even in the presence of strength, I can hear the tapping of my shattered heart - a sound that never ceases to remind me..<br />That you are STILL gone. STILL missed. STILL felt.  STILL somewhere ~~ but not here.  <br /><br />How Badly...do I wish you were almost through with your great plan...almost ready...almost signaling for that curtain call?<br />Oh...the number of people, all around the world...who know your name - does not even come close...to the desire.<br /><br />A gentle piano tinkles melodies...recreating your soft gentle smile in my mind...<br />And How Badly I need to know...that you are quietly comprehending...that you have never..ever..left our thoughts Michael...<br />If anything is eternal - let it be our arms - still stretched out...still waiting...still needing...<br /><br />And as the planet continues to circle upon its axis...<br />How Badly I wish...this waiting is not in vain.<br />Perhaps this desire, is not the point - to many others here...<br />But that is all I have, that I can offer.<br />No answers...no grandeur movements in your name...no pieces to solve the puzzle.<br />Only the tapping of my shattered heart...<br /><br />How Badly I wish ...it was enough...<br />To bring you back.<br />

Comments

• wishingstarwishingstar Posts: 2,927
    Beautifully written...thank you for sharing a piece of your heart.  <br />Have a wonderful day and many blessings to you always!<br />LOVE
  • A beautiful heartfelt written poem 50th_State_Believer :) Thank you for sharing.<br /><br />with faith & LOVE
  • this words go straight to my heart. thank you for sharing.