Your Sunset

edited January 1970 in Messages to Michael
This road feels unfamiliar<br />And I don't know how many turns I've made<br /><br />I've been away for quite some time<br />Not sure of what I wanted<br />But the weather has changed...<br />The breeze feels unfamiliar<br />And I don't recognize the scent in the air<br /><br />I used to hear your voice<br />In every little sound<br />But now the seasons are silent<br /><br />You feel so distant<br />And I can't seem to connect<br />Like really bad acting<br />That I just can't absorb<br /><br />What happened Michael...<br />Everything sounds muffled now<br />And I don't like the absence<br />Of the fire I used to feel<br />The glitter that used to shine<br /><br />Up ahead in the distance<br />There is a sunset on the horizon<br />It's not really what I sought after<br />Especially not in your name<br /><br />The cold feels unfamiliar<br />Something I was never prepared for<br />Indifference is creeping up behind me<br />All I want to do is run<br /><br />My spirit runs on empty<br />It used to wear your name<br />Your eyes now look one dimensional<br />Have I lost the flame?<br /><br />Michael if you can read this<br />I just want to let you know...<br />I don't ever want to be the me<br />The one that lets go<br /><br />My battery has run weak<br />As that sunset gets brighter and closer<br />I'm searching for an off ramp<br />Can you help me on my feet?<br /><br />I want my feet to feel that rhythm<br />The one your smile knew how to direct<br />I miss the fire, the hopes and the notion<br />That somewhere you exist<br /><br />This yearning feels so unfamiliar<br />Please make it all return<br />An ounce of faith I still have within me<br />The power <br />Of you<br />I yearn<br /><br /><br /><br />

Comments

• What a talented writer you are.  :smiley_abuv:<br /><br />I have to admit to having those thoughts and feelings recently.  :(
  • marumjjmarumjj Posts: 1,027
    on 1348076341:
    <br />This road feels unfamiliar<br />And I don't know how many turns I've made<br /><br />I've been away for quite some time<br />Not sure of what I wanted<br />But the weather has changed...<br />The breeze feels unfamiliar<br />And I don't recognize the scent in the air<br /><br />I used to hear your voice<br />In every little sound<br />But now the seasons are silent<br /><br />You feel so distant<br />And I can't seem to connect<br />Like really bad acting<br />That I just can't absorb<br /><br />What happened Michael...<br />Everything sounds muffled now<br />And I don't like the absence<br />Of the fire I used to feel<br />The glitter that used to shine<br /><br />Up ahead in the distance<br />There is a sunset on the horizon<br />It's not really what I sought after<br />Especially not in your name<br /><br />The cold feels unfamiliar<br />Something I was never prepared for<br />Indifference is creeping up behind me<br />All I want to do is run<br /><br />My spirit runs on empty<br />It used to wear your name<br />Your eyes now look one dimensional<br />Have I lost the flame?<br /><br />Michael if you can read this<br />I just want to let you know...<br />I don't ever want to be the me<br />The one that lets go<br /><br />My battery has run weak<br />As that sunset gets brighter and closer<br />I'm searching for an off ramp<br />Can you help me on my feet?<br /><br />I want my feet to feel that rhythm<br />The one your smile knew how to direct<br />I miss the fire, the hopes and the notion<br />That somewhere you exist<br /><br />This yearning feels so unfamiliar<br />Please make it all return<br />An ounce of faith I still have within me<br />The power <br />Of you<br />I yearn<br />
    <br /><br />50th_State_Believer2 You wrote her thoughts and feelings he has done as a poet. I want to say that everyone at some point we feel like, think of it this way, it is like a roller coaster, news and new "clues" lead us to the top as scratching the finish, and other moments are quiet. The calm is not bad, gives us "time" to look a little more, you are not alone, we are many, hoping that MJ is revealed. Keep the faith, especially faith in MJ. with love  :)
  • Hi Your Sunset<br /><br />Lovely thoughts and feelings.`<br />Here is a quote from Kahlil Gibran( 1883-1931)<br />" Doubt is a pain too lonely to know that Faith is his twin brother"<br /><br />All forMichael.L.O.V.E. x<br /><br />
  • skywaysskyways Posts: 745
  • Thanks to all of you. It helps to feel not so alone in this place hovering between doubt and love. The one thing I still do feel is the love. I guess that is the most important, is it not? Without it - all else will crumble. <br />@Lettingitsimmer: Wow that Khalil Gibran line - SO TRUE. THANKS...such opposite ends our feelings carry us...faith can truly be a lonely road...because it's when everything else feels it has abandoned you - it is then your faith remains...although in that lonely space...<br /><br />You know in all my uncertainty..I still can not let go and can not replace the one most steadfast admiration and love of MJ. It's like being able to detect a very faint flavor or scent in the midst of the most confusing concoction in life. But you can still detect it...because you are tuned in to that element.<br />And in this life..MJ is that one element...that can never totally disappear..<br /><br />Sometimes a part of me says ever so quietly, ''it's ok...it's ok if he isn't physically here anymore...why do you fear that by acknowledging it, you will lose him? You can never lose him. He can never be erased. "  <br /><br />I think it's time to get some pumping MJ music back into my life. It's been months since I stopped listening to his music each day...time for some tweaking up on that.  Get a dose of that MJ medicine in my veins, don't you think? lol.<br /><br />Love you all! So much!!
  • on 1348555763:
    <br />Thanks to all of you. It helps to feel not so alone in this place hovering between doubt and love. The one thing I still do feel is the love. I guess that is the most important, is it not? Without it - all else will crumble. <br />@Lettingitsimmer: Wow that Khalil Gibran line - SO TRUE. THANKS...such opposite ends our feelings carry us...faith can truly be a lonely road...because it's when everything else feels it has abandoned you - it is then your faith remains...although in that lonely space...<br /><br />You know in all my uncertainty..I still can not let go and can not replace the one most steadfast admiration and love of MJ. It's like being able to detect a very faint flavor or scent in the midst of the most confusing concoction in life. But you can still detect it...because you are tuned in to that element.<br />And in this life..MJ is that one element...that can never totally disappear..<br /><br />Sometimes a part of me says ever so quietly, ''it's ok...it's ok if he isn't physically here anymore...why do you fear that by acknowledging it, you will lose him? You can never lose him. He can never be erased. "  <br /><br />I think it's time to get some pumping MJ music back into my life. It's been months since I stopped listening to his music each day...time for some tweaking up on that.  Get a dose of that MJ medicine in my veins, don't you think? lol.<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />Love you all! So much!!<br />
    <br /><br />Hi 50th_State_Believer2<br /><br />This is a lovely quote from the Dalai Lama :<br />"Be a good human being,a warm-hearted affectionate person.That is my fundamental belief.Having a sense of caring,a feeling of compassion will bring happiness or peace of mind to oneself and automatically create a positive atmosphere."<br />I agree.. <br />and.. Yes! also play Michael's wonderful and brilliant music to warm your heart as well.. <br />We are so lucky to have been here the same time as this special man! L.O.V.E. x  :icon_e_wink:<br /><br />