Alternate Reality Game (ARG)

wishingstarwishingstar Posts: 2,927
edited January 1970 in Hoax Theories
I recently joined the hoaxbook group for Reasons and Theories.  I have long suspected a connection to<br />This Is It being some sort of ARG (alternate reality game).  I don't think the entire thing can fall under<br />that title.  However, I feel parts of it mirror the core basics strong enough.  I felt it would be worthwhile <br />to have a full/dedicated place for discussion on the subject.  Perhaps together we can realize some of the <br />more intricate things that must have taken place in order for This Is It to some to fruition.  The link to<br />the discussion board on hoaxbook is this:<br /><br />http://www.michaeljacksonhoaxforum.com/hoaxbook/groups/topic/view/group_id/22/topic_id/62/post_id/872<br /><br />I will post most of my findings there, to keep it streamlined.  If I see more folks are interested here, I will begin <br />to post here as well (let me know what you would prefer).  <br />I know I prefer the forum style over book....just because I am still unsure of all that book<br />can do.  I do not facebook and don't know the navigations too well.  But, the group was up and going, so I wanted<br />add to the discussions there.  I do have a couple of interesting things to discuss....I hope you will help me with this : )  <br />If it turns out this is the correct spot to discuss and dig around the subject....great.  <br /><br />Thanks guys.....you're the best!<br />LOVE

Comments

• paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    I prefer here i think it is better, I believe that there are people in the hoaxbook that never takes part in the forum of research are more dedicated to videos and music. :icon_geek:
  • SimPattyKSimPattyK Posts: 4,281
    Great idea for a thread Wishy!  :icon_e_wink:<br /><br /> I think some of the best hoax videos , describing the ARG and how it works within Michael's hoax, were made by my fav YT channel MagicalXcapism, back in March of this year (especially the second video!)<br /><br />This part is more focused on describing the hoax as a thrilling, mysterious illusion, a reality movie of some sort...<br /><br />
    <br /><br /><br />While this part is centered on the ARG theme! and also the "One more chance" video  :icon_e_wink:<br /><br />
  • wishingstarwishingstar Posts: 2,927
    You know, right after I hit post I had this pit in my stomach that I should have just posted it all here...and maybe just update the discussion area of book.  So I think that's what I will do.......sort of a flip then.  You guys are right....brilliant, thank you for the help.  Sometimes it just takes one or two voices of reason to make me think clearer : ) LOL as clear as mud with this hoax!!!!  <br /><br />Thanks guys......<br />I will post those thoughts and findings in a bit.  I am digging around one other area and will craft it into one post.........<br /><br />Blessings!!!!  <br />
  • MaryKMaryK Posts: 1,732
    I also think it´s a great idea. <br /><br />I too prefer the forum for this kind of investigation/brainstorming. <br /><br />Looking forward to reading your posts/thoughts  :)
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    I've read some really interesting articles on ARGs - fitting parts of this hoax like a (sequined) glove! I'll try and dig them out if it's decided to continue the discussion here on the forum, rather than on Hoaxbook.
  • SimPattyKSimPattyK Posts: 4,281
    on 1349200586:
    <br />[...]There are many good sites that explain exactly what they are, how detailed they get and what they are for. A good start for me was the basic Wiki:<br /><br />http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternate_reality_game
    <br />It seems that MagicalXscapism pretty much used the same wiki info for her second video, though she/he made the video more complex and added the visuals to it!<br /><br /><br /><br />The following paragraph made me think...and reflect back on my own hoax experience these years... especially the blue parts...<br /><br />
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Puppetmaster – A puppetmaster or "PM" is an individual involved in designing and/or running an ARG. Puppetmasters are simultaneously allies and adversaries to the player base, creating obstacles and providing resources for overcoming them in the course of telling the game's story. Puppetmasters generally remain behind the curtain while a game is running.[3] The real identity of puppet masters may or may not be known ahead of time.
    <br />Thinking back... I now realize that I've always felt this duality (allies vs. adversaries) with regards to myself and my activity in Hoaxland. And when I say Hoaxland I mean more than just this forum. And I am also sure that I am not the only one who got this feeling along the way!  :icon_e_wink: Something tells me that pretty much every involved hoaxer has felt that at least once!<br />I was always intrigued, frustrated  (even scared at times!) by how well and easily I could interact with certain people and at the same time how difficult, almost impossible was to communicate with others!! You always wonder why?? because you do /act/say/write the same things , yet you obtain so blatantly contradictory reactions!!<br />Sometimes I would wonder why certain people were so nice to me, to the point of even suspecting them of not being sincere!! <br />Other times I would wonder why certain persons seem to hate me that much to the point of starting questioning myself and even blaming myself for some non existent reason!! Because most often the next day(s) I would get the exact opposite (positive) reactions for the same stuff I had posted, from other people!<br />It's really like a carousel of emotions going up and down , unexpected turnings and swifts... which most often left me with a confused state of mind , the most proper phrase to describe it all being  :WTF:  :WTF: :WTF:
    I stumbled upon something and need help with it......does anyone know if TJ Jackson went to Carnegie Mellon University?  The reason I ask is I found that name associated with an early ARG called Troy.  I had been reading about early ARGs and what they were like etc.  I saw this name and almost fainted..."....surely it's a different TJ Jackson" I thought.  I can't tell....because it all seems to fit.  <br />So I have some links here for you guys to check out and see exactly what I am talking about.<br /><br />This link was the first one I saw the name on.  I was just reading casually about ARGs....read about "walkthroughs" and the name appears: <br /><br />http://www.argology.org/how-to-play-args/<br /><br />This link is to a random info page about Troy, the game....again TJ Jackson.  <br /><br />http://users.soe.ucsc.edu/~amsmith/troy/source_0.html<br /><br />Then this link seems to go into great detail about the game itself...it's a google doc:<br /><br />https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&amp;q=cache:8WUJmF0QPOsJ:www.etc.cmu.edu/projects/experimentalgameplay/games/08%20-%20Violate/Troy.doc+Troy+arg+TJ+jackson&amp;hl=en&amp;gl=us&amp;pid=bl&amp;srcid=ADGEESgn98j0chkNQJbCjJdIrkGMYVlPg1wbOSIbAOnKR6y5upRG1zt6DuOrB1fv9fQJ7lOo2SwxTZF12W7N5QL6V1f8iR9OnyV7aSyf_pE5II6dfDpay3GpUFewMMA36dV3oGQiUrJX&amp;sig=AHIEtbTKv_7kMKD7NTH0E4aFSUsefoRlYQ&lt;br /><br />This link provides a little more wording and phrases associated with ARGs:<br /><br />http://www.unfiction.com/glossary/#arg<br /><br />I have been really wanting some input for this.  I asked a couple of close friends and they both urged me to post the info and see what we come up with.  Again it's a fascinating subject to read about.....I really appreciate you guys!!!!!  <br />Hugs & LOVE<br /><br />Blessings<br /><br />@Sim....thanks for posting those videos...they are some of my favorites as well :)
  • MaryKMaryK Posts: 1,732
    Oh my...that sounded so good Wishy. <br /><br />But I am afraid that this is not "our" TJ.<br /><br />Take a look here:<br /><br />http://www.etc.cmu.edu/projects/experimentalgameplay/people.php<br />
    @Mary....right, wrong TJ Jackson..thanks for helping clear that one up : ) <br /><br />I have been digging still....<br />I came across this picture:<br /><br />MCMJ.jpg<br /><br />It's of Michael at Sega of Japan in 1988....the guy's name in the tan sweater is Mark Cerny.  This picture is a great example of Michael's interest in video games.  However, even more importantly, it establishes a link between Michael one of the gaming world's best known developers.  Mark Cerny's Wiki reads like a manual for game development of all kinds.  He could most certainly of helped craft an ARG of huge proportion.  Here is his Wiki: <br /><br />http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Cerny<br /><br />and this article:<br /><br />http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/a-different-path-mark-cerny-to-be-inducted-into-hall-of-fame-of-the-academy-of-interactive-arts--sciences-81315187.html<br /><br />Among the games he developed, was Marble Madness.  The Wiki for that game is here:<br /><br />http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marble_Madness<br /><br />Notice the collaboration effort between Cerny, Flanagan and Michael...for a video game based on Thriller.<br /><br />"Cerny and Flanagan first collaborated on a video game based on Michael Jackson's Thriller. The project, however, was canceled and the two began work an idea of Cerny's that eventually became Marble Madness."<br /><br />Cerny was Vice President of Vivendi Universal Games (see his WIki...also works with Sony) ......Vivendi also known as Universal Interactive Studios:<br /><br />http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vivendi_Games<br /><br />In 2008.....Vivendi merged with Activision....Vivendi also has ownership of Universal Music group: <br /><br />http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vivendi      <br /><br />Mark Cerny also had his hand in Naughty Dog, Inc:<br /><br />http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naughty_Dog<br /><br />Which has all sorts of interesting links...including again, to Sony.  <br /><br />Soooooo.......all of this post is to show that there were and mostly likely still are roads that lead from Michael and people he knows, to the gaming development community.  Even though I have listed much software, it's all gaming in one form or another.  The development of new games and exciting ways to present them is what it's all about.  This Mark Cerny is an interesting person.  He definitely has the means and ways to understand the factors of an ARG.....<br /><br />OK....done on the ramble, lol.  I read the name, "Culver City" somewhere in all of this....for the life of me, now I can't find it!!!<br />Ugh.....hate it when that happens!  <br />Have a blessed day/evening!<br />LOVE<br />
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    Of course this is a game. We have known that this is an ARG yet been in collective denial about it since late 2009. Thanks to TS and his NiN ARG redirect and subsequent concessions/confessions that was made pretty clear.<br /><br />See my signature.<br /><br />That's why there's No Body, I guess, really. At the end of the day there's no dead body because this is a game, it's not a sting on any bad guys. It's not going to over throw the Illuminati, it's a game and it's a way to get a message out to the public and (hopefully!!) a way to clear his name once and for all.<br /><br />I only hope that the part about Jordy talking (books on tape!) isn't fiction. The rest, all for fun, totally.
  • Thank you Wishy for all of this information. In the beginning I was very much against the idea of this being an ARG but now I've swung to the opposite spectrum because of everything we've learned. Based on my own beliefs I've concluded:<br /><br />1) It's most definitely not about money as Michael wasn't broke at the time of d-day.<br />2) It's not about his health as Michael is not addicted to anything except maybe carrot juice.<br />2) It's not about running away or hiding because Michael's character is the total opposite. If he wanted to hide he could have after 2005.<br />3) Michael is a showman and loves to entertain. He's captivated with capturing the mind of the audience. Check.<br />4) Michael has laid the groundwork for years. Back and SOTT is a testament to that. Check.<br />5) I don't think Michael is out to destroy anyone but he is out to restore his image and legacy. Check.<br /><br />There is more but my mind has gone blank. I'll come back to this.<br /><br />Blessings<br /><br />EDIT: Bec posted while I was still typing but it looks like I think the same as Bec. For the record, I, too, soooo hope the books on tape are real and that Jordan comes clean about the lies.<br /><br />Something else about Michael's involvement with video gaming, he contributed to the making of Sonic even though he has no credit on there. And isn't there also a website in development with some title like Michael Universe or am I imagining it? It was a gaming site. And we can't forget about the games for WII, etc.<br /><br />Yes, here it is:<br />http://www.planetmichael.com/<br /><br />http://www.seeglobalentertainment.com/<br /><br />Here are the partners for Planet Michael:<br /><br />    Les Éditions Albert René<br />    Paramount<br />    Sony Pictures<br />    Triumph International<br />    Universal<br /><br />What is interesting is that it was supposed to be done late last year but unless I'm missing something it doesn't look complete.
    Planet Michael. I always thought that game title was a subtle little reference to us and the forum, back when the forum was mjhd.com.
    Yep yep and WOW....@voice, I was just looking at this article (need to translate...but you will understand my WOW)<br /><br />http://www.elcuartodeatras.com.mx/?p=409<br /><br /><br />sonic_jackson-e1302719709501.jpg<br /><br />And yes again...Planet Michael, the Michael Universe, WII Experience Michael Jackson.........<br />I too believe it's all been in front of us for years.....but it took a fictional death for us to open our eyes.  <br /><br />Thanks guys....I really really appreciate your thoughts on all this.....it's just so amazing to try and wrap my head around <br />the magnitude of planning and execution.  I can't help but think we will now hear or see something from someone about<br />how this can't be a game etc......this is not a game.  Maybe the family, the media, Sony...who knows....my guess is that<br />only the shadow knows, lol.  That shadow had better be dusting off his moonwalk!  I am sure we are still in the think of<br />things.......makes me sort of *cough cough* nervous  :icon_lol: :icon_eek:<br />Jeeze, when I think of some of the topics we have discussed......yes, Michael are you entertained, I dearly hope so! <br />I suppose you have saved the best for last........I don't know about the others, but I am buckled up tight.....<br />it's going to be a bumpy night!<br /><br />Blessings & LOVE Always
    Oh he's done nothing but encourage us to make that leap. He can go ahead and send his minions to tell us directly that it's not a game and it still won't work.
  • flory24flory24 Posts: 129
    Well, that certainly explains things to me. Lots of the little messages, clues etc fit in completely with this theory. . We all thought we might be in a game but it was hard to pin down. This puts it into perspective for me. Going to go and have a long think in a dark room about this............<br /><br /><br /><br />'This Is Not A Game (TINAG) - Setting the ARG form apart from other games is the This Is Not A Game aesthetic, which dictates that the game not behave like a game: phone numbers mentioned in the ARG, for example, should actually work, and the game should not provide an overtly-designated playspace or ruleset to the players.'<br /> <br />Now that reminds me of that fake website for Dr Murray's lawyers. The phone numbers worked and in some cases people answered them but fake fake fake..............<br /><br /><br />i found more about ARG<br /><br />http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternate_reality_game<br /><br />Viral marketing/internet hoaxes. While ARGs are often used as a type of viral marketing, they diverge sharply from the philosophy behind "sponsored consumers" or other viral marketing practices that attempt to trick consumers into believing that planted shills for a product are other independent consumers. Similarly, they also diverge from sites or narratives that genuinely try to convince visitors that they are what they claim to be. Puppetmasters generally leave both subtle and overt clues to the game's fictional nature and boundaries where players can find them (e.g. through clearly fictional names on site registrations) and many ARGs openly flaunt obviously fictional plots. <br /><br />Basic design principles of ARGs<br /> <br /><br />•Designing for a hive mind. While it might be possible to follow the game individually, the design was directed at a collective of players that shared information and solutions almost instantly, and incorporated individuals possessing almost every conceivable area of expertise. While the game might initially attract a small group of participants, as they came across new challenges, they would reach out and draw in others with the knowledge they needed to overcome the obstacles.<br />•Collaborative storytelling. While the puppetmasters controlled most of the story, they incorporated player content and responded to players' actions, analysis and speculation by adapting the narrative and intentionally left "white space" for the players to fill in.<br /><br />[size=10pt]This is the accurate description of what we are dealing with  [/size] <br />
    The phone number Paris put on Twitter for her security worked too. I talked to someone who did say he was security [for] Paris Jackson.
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    wiki article also states ARGs " tend to be free to play, with costs absorbed either through supporting products ......... or through promotional relationships with existing products .........."<br /><br />Fits nicely with your recent comments Bec on how all this has been free!
    <br />I think this thing isn't been startred for some hoax believers but for the whole world:<br />-to see what music bussines is about - the stress, the pain, the pressure, of course the joy, but also the artists not beeing able to live their own life....<br />-maybe to show how to change some things by careing for each other and spread some love in this terrible money related world...<br />-If this whole case is an ARG, TINI might play a huge part in the hoax to make the pain public....  They reach so many people over youtoube, The Tribute Portrait, Facebook, Twitter,<br /><br />There was someone called  'Puppet Master' posting clues and comments on the TMZ forum under the Michael Jackson topics. Apparently, he had been around since way back in July 2009. Some of the clues were quite strange. This would support the theory of the game.<br /><br />Figuring out the clues is part of the game, interesting & fun....There are some aspects to this hoax that I think were put in place on purpose. Hoax sites, JonnellStarTV, Youtube clues, JCC clues, & much more. Alot of the clues we find seem to be so convienent. <br /><br />What do you guys think....<br /><br /><br />
  • diggyondiggyon Posts: 1,376
    Now I'm totally confused!!! I thought TS said in one of his quotes that the hoax is not for entertaining reasons and that we should take it seriously. Could someone please post the quote? > confused, so confused, very confused.....
  • emulikemulik Posts: 1,009
    on 1349246875:
    <br />Figuring out the clues is part of the game, interesting & fun....There are some aspects to this hoax that I think were put in place on purpose. Hoax sites, JonnellStarTV, Youtube clues, JCC clues, & much more. Alot of the clues we find seem to be so convienent. <br /><br />What do you guys think....<br />
    <br />agree with you flory! all those social media networks sites with hoax death purpose were probably made for keeping attention and making us digg deeper, think outside the box to find the real truth. So finally general public will be able to get to know real Michael-loving father, humanitarian, good businessman, wonderful human being..I so hunger for that day when his name will be cleared!!<br /><br />P.S.thanks Wishy for this interesting thread! :)
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    Yep, this is big, with a lot of highly skilled people involved.<br /><br />I guess we should thank Coca Cola, Snickers and more for our FREE fun here.<br /><br />Bec, I still think it's more:  That's why it's explosive, planetary and historical and maybe even Biblical. IMO<br /><br />
    TS: Finally: is this hoax a prank, or a Thriller II reality movie, or an ARG, or a sting operation, or a Vendetta, or an NWO/EOW warning, or a wake-up call to the gullible public (don't believe everything in the media), etc--which is it?  And the answer is: all of the above!  It is something that people have never seen before, at least not the combination of these things and on this scale.
    <br /><br />Wishingstar this is the guy but he's not our TJ, although no pic. He works for Dreamworks.<br />http://jayisgames.com/archives/2006/03/troy.php<br /><br />Flory24 quoted:<br />
    Puppetmaster – A puppetmaster or "PM" is an individual involved in designing and/or running an ARG. Puppetmasters are simultaneously allies and adversaries to the player base, creating obstacles and providing resources for overcoming them in the course of telling the game's story. Puppetmasters generally remain behind the curtain while a game is running.[3] The real identity of puppet masters may or may not be known ahead of time.
    <br />Well, I immediately thought of TS with his ‘slippery’ ways. You couldn’t always tell if he was telling the truth. I still don't believe MJ left in that airplane on the 25th, but was right in the carrying out of the hoax like a dirty shirt.<br /><br />"Hive mind", hmm, we do have a queen bee too! :icon_lol:<br /><br />bee_hive_spl470_470x3031.jpg<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />
  • leilani81leilani81 Posts: 484
    I too think it's something more maybe even all the possibilities rolled in to one hoax, to bring his fans into something, I doubt he would cater only for a certain "audience" I would think there was something for everyone in it, Lighter stuff for the younger ones and feint hearted and much more serious educaiton for the more serious ones, Arg, movie, education of the illuminati, one world governments, even spiritual... it definitely is multi-layered and seems to expand across many different subjects. If you think about all the different things that's been involved especially with education. I have learnt so much in the time i've been researching/investigating, about medicines, the law, governments even maths... it has something for everyone of all ages, even the young ones take away the lesson of taking care of our planet, to follow their dreams and to reach high and believe you can reach the furthest star if you put your mind to it. I can't really put into words what I feel this master piece of Michael's is about or what it actually is it makes me speachless just thinking of genius thinking behind it.<br /><br />I keep thinking back to his announcement of the partnership with Prince Al Waleed Bin Talal and kingdom Entertainment, I bolded the bits that repeat in my mind when ever I read something new<br /><br />
    ""I would like to welcome all the journalists and press who are covering this historic press conference. For reasons I will soon share with you, Kingdom Entertainment represents a long awaiting dream come true.<br />My earliest inspiration to be actively involved in all facets of the global multi-media explosion was derived from decades of travelling throughout the world.<br /><br />During these continous concert tours, I was made privy to the heartbeats of millions of fans who willingly shared with me their hopes, loves, fears and most importantly, their desire for a better life. It was during this time that I first began to appreciate that the proper approach to global family entertainment could go a long way in addressing these concerns.<br /><br />Until recently, my hectic schedule and outstanding professional commitments left me little chance to develop specific strategies for the development of a total integrated global entertainment complex. All that began to change 18 months ago when I first met my friend and partner in the Kingdom Entertainment, HRH Prince Al Waleed Bin Talal. In short order it was clear we shared the same goals and approches on how to make global entertainment a reality.<br /><br />Through Kingdom Entertainment the Prince and myself will combine human and financial resources to be successful in all phases of the multi-media revolution. As examples, we intend to be active in theme parks and hotels, feature films, animation, recordings, publishing, tours, children's books, educational entertainment, character licencing and merchandising.<br /><br />In closing, to all those millions who have encouraged me to get involved with global entertainment based on family values I can proudly say: Because of Kingdom Entertainment and my partner Prince Al Waleed, "You Are Not Alone". "<br /><br />
    <br /><br />
  • BeTheChangeBeTheChange Posts: 1,569
    @Wish...GREAT idea for a thread!  The ARG aspect of the hoax has sprung up many times and it's a really good idea to try to keep 'thoughts' in one place...and also to revive the topic, since it is pretty clear (in most minds) that there IS an ARG going on.  <br /><br />Our attention was drawn early on to this genre of gaming.  Under the username S.T.U.D.Y., we were directed to look into Joey Skaggs:<br /><br />
    <br />"This Is It … The Final Curtain Call"<br /><br />The "final curtain call" is a very interesting phrase, which was used during the London press conference for the O2 "This Is It" performances (note: even if it was a double, MJ himself was still the author of the message given).<br /><br />Here is a transcript of the key statement (at 4 min, 35 sec): "This is it, I mean this is really it; this is the final — this is the final curtain call." {click here}. Let’s look at two aspects of that phrase: the "final curtain", and then the "curtain call".<br /><br />- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -<br />The "Final Curtain"<br /><br />"Final Curtain" is the name of a hoax about death that was started in September of 1998! It was designed by Joey Skaggs, and you can read about it on the Museum of Hoaxes website {click here}; on the Final Curtain website {click here}; and on Skaggs’ own website {click here; also click here}. I have selected a few very interesting statements from these websites, as well as from a few other sources.<br /><br />"In 1998, Skaggs put together an international team of volunteer writers, artists, and designers to create The Final Curtain … It was immediately accepted by the public as a reality without question. … Skaggs always leaves clues in his [hoax] performances." {click here}<br /><br />"… the Final Curtain hoax was two years in the making, and involved dozens of co-conspirators. … Numerous talented writers and artists, some of whom prefer to remain anonymous for professional reasons, created an elaborate and convincing nonexistent virtual business under Skaggs’ creative direction." {click here}<br /><br />"JOEY SKAGGS has been staging hoaxes—to lampoon the media, to lampoon the culture, but never to make money—for 34 years. Some hoaxes are huge and take place over the course of years … THE SIGNS WERE THERE for journalists who doubted Final Curtain. But they didn't. … Part of participating in Final Curtain was agreeing to keep my mouth shut until it was time to reveal the hoax. … Final Curtain wasn't intended to make money; it was intended to draw attention to two issues—the media's wicked ways, as we've seen, and the death industry." {click here}<br /><br />Wikipedia on Joey Skaggs: "The Final Curtain … It was meant to satirize showmanship in places like Forest Lawn cemeteries." {click here}<br /><br />Although a different MJ, notice the name of a person who reported about the Final Curtain: "KRLA, CBS, Los Angeles, Michael Jackson, 10-25-1999" {click here; also click here}<br /><br />"This [Final Curtain] was a really sophisticated prank with a lot of people involved. … Media hoaxing has a bright, promising future [after the year 2,000!?!]. All we can hope is that the hoaxers are smarter than the media." {click here}<br /><br />- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -<br />Final Curtain Hoax and MJ Hoax Parallels<br /><br />#1 The hoaxes were directly related to "1998".<br /><br />#2 The hoaxes were all about "death".<br /><br />#3 The hoaxes had a large "team" involving "numerous talented co-conspirators" (all agreeing to secrecy until the time to remove the "curtain").<br /><br />#4 The hoaxes were "huge", "elaborate", "sophisticated", and "convincing".<br /><br />#5 Yet the hoax directors "always left clues" and "THE SIGNS WERE THERE" for the few who really wanted to know the truth.<br /><br />#6 In spite of the clues, the hoaxes were "immediately accepted by the public as a reality without question".<br /><br />#7 Both hoaxes had a person involved named "MICHAEL JACKSON"!<br /><br />#8 Both hoaxes refer specifically to "Forest Lawn cemeteries".<br /><br />#9 The purpose of these hoaxes is to draw public attention to the "media’s wicked ways" (reporting as truth that which they have not carefully investigated, etc).<br /><br />And these nine "coincidences" are in addition to the "1998" and "7" codes, which point so strikingly to 9-9-09! <br />
    <br />http://www.michaeljacksonhoaxforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,14529.0.html<br /><br />TS then arrived on the scene, and very early on in the redirects we were directed to more ARG references:<br /><br />The 6th redirect was about Joey Skaggs:<br />http://joeyskaggs.com/html/final.html<br /><br />The 8th redirect was about the Alternate Reality Game (ARG) Year Zero:<br />http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_Zero_%28game%29<br /><br />There were also other redirects that 'hinted' at an ARG...like Art is Resistance, performance art, conceptual art, etc.  TS and TS_comments also mentioned ARG's in the updates and posts (I don't have time now to find the posts).<br /><br />Here's an interesting interview with Joey Skaggs:<br /><br />
    <br /><br />Whether or not the entire purpose of the hoax is simply an ARG (a 'game')...or whether instead of THE purpose, the ARG is/was the 'tool' used to achieve the purpose, remains to be seen.  Based on everything to date, I tend to think it's the latter...but there's a LOT of 'evidence' that shows 1) 'it' IS a hoax, and 2) we've been a part of some kind of ARG for the past 3+ years.<br /><br />And 3) it's been the wildest ride of a lifetime!<br /><br />With L.O.V.E. always.
    Life is one big game of "Clue"....the only difference with this is...its more interactive and more challenging...<br /><br />....you will definitely stretch some brain cells on this one!....and it's not for the "faint of heart"<br /><br />......once you start....you can't stop!<br /><br />The real identity of puppet masters may or may not be known ahead of time.<br /> <br />they can fool you only if you let them fool you...<br /><br />i always said be careful with clues, signs etc. we might not know who is directing them towards us<br />Lots of the little messages, clues etc fit in completely with this theory. . We all thought we might be in a game but it was hard to pin down. This puts it into perspective for me.they can keep spreading lies, deceit and confusion. With L.O.V.E, unity, understanding,  friendship and faith we will win this battle.<br /> Let the haters go jump in the sea. <br />We will prove to them that we THINK and know how to use our brains wisely, and we do not take anything for grantedthey will be memories soon, and we will laugh at them and enjoy "the good old days" trust me.<br /> We just need to have faith and stay strong. It's also good to give them a piece of our minds from time to time, to put them in their right places and teach them not to mess with us...it is too accurate description of what we are dealing with, it cannot be something else. <br />it matches so perfectly.<br /> <br />we are part of the game. whose game? when will the game be over? <br /> <br />will the puppetmaster be ever introduced to us?<br /><br />>Collaborative storytelling. While the puppetmasters controlled most of the story, they incorporated player content and responded to players' actions, analysis and speculation by adapting the narrative and intentionally left "white space" for the players to fill in.<<br /><br />That's why we always wondered about popping up the answers of questions we just discussed....<br /><br />Invisible theater is another form of manipulating people, but it's a more direct form (used by actors in public places for example)<br /><br />Even if we and lots of other people try hard to change the world, we will just be a minority. It's not just the music and show business, people always seek to make more money, to become richer to have more than maybe their neighbour etc etc... it all starts in much smaller fields than the showbiz. There will always be people who step out of the "team" and cheat. <br />we cannot save the whole world, but, as I said before, the ocean is made of many, many, many drops. All we have to do is to believe in the power of love and of being positive and to show this to the others through our own example. I'm surprised about how many friends I moved since this "game" begun...and this only because I dared to open my mouth and speak; and because I came with some easy proposals about how to begin to make a change. The simple confidence in my words and actions helped others to do the same and to add a brick to this building which foundation I have started. And we never know where we can reach only by having faith...Don't give up: start with little things, or continue your actions if you already started, without trying to change the world...if we join our hearts we can make a difference, even if it will be on a lower level, we can inspire other people to do the same and this can only be for the best.<br /> <br />And we should not expect to change the media - it's their job to make catchy headlines even if they turn around words - and who buys them? We do!!! <br /><br />The one thing we don’t know is who is the man behind the curtain?  Is he back there pulling ropes and pouring more liquid hydrogen in the fog machine?  Is he setting up the mirrors for the next phase?  Or is there even a man behind the curtain anymore at all?<br /><br />
    Shikster told us in July or August of 2009 to look at PT Barnum and his book. He directed us to watch a Pepsi commercial from the Dangerous era with a depiction of Tiny Tim in it with MJ. He would say no more but I ran with it and discovered a ton of parallels between Barnum's life n death and MJ's work and "death". I didn't know he meant the whole thing was a circus! Nor did I fully realize he was a puppetmaster in his own right.<br /><br />I think we have made many accidental connections while researching these side stories because the human brain likes to find connections and make order out of disorder, a fact of our biological nature which muddies the waters and blurs the line between fiction and fact even more. We filled in a whole lot of white space in the course of 3+ years! We had to be given something to do to pass the time, else we might have stopped playing.<br /><br />
    on 1349247791:
    <br />Now I'm totally confused!!! I thought TS said in one of his quotes that the hoax is not for entertaining reasons and that we should take it seriously. Could someone please post the quote? > confused, so confused, very confused.....<br />
    <br /><br />I didn't believe him but he made me doubt myself when he took such a harsh tone. If you reread him a few times you realize what he is NOT saying, however. Slippery he is, very slippery. However, I think myself and my cohorts like-minded were on the verge of blowing the whole thing off it's tracks with our light hearted frivolous attitudes at the time. We needed to go with the reality that TS was spinning right then, it was too soon for us to see so clearly, we would have spoiled our own fun, so the scolding was necessary. As was the tone.<br /><br />I do wonder who TS is though, still. He may well be MJ but he doesn't have to BE any one person. "He" may just be an account, like Front is an account. Did MJ ever man the keyboard when logged in under TS username? Probably, sure. Was MJ ALWAYS the one manning the keyboard when logged in under TS username? Not necessarily, especially when TS stated he is NOT MJ. That wasn't him. I  don't think he would directly lie, besides, he wouldn't need to. Just grab someone else in the room and have THEM type that denial. Behold! It's not a lie.<br /><br />TS is for real though, and so is SOME of his information. The line between truth and fiction is very flexible, very vague, not easy to discern. It may be impossible to tell for certain until all is said n done and bamsday is upon us, but in light of this and everything else we have been through in the course of this game play, I am bolstered to believe his deadline is more then prophetic.<br /><br />Unless it's the ultimate mind fuk... and we will be so cocky and sure of ourselves and our newly comprehended reality that we need to get knocked off our feet and driven back into the emotional rollercoaster with the ultimate let down just prior to the ultimate elation... and 1/1/2013 comes n goes n here we sit, deflated, defeated, depressed, and driven to the brink of our self confidence.<br /><br />Man, I hope not. That would suck a whole bunch. Not again... please, not again... Happy New Year! Here's a prozac cuz you're gonna need one to face the world this year...<br /><br />Nah. You gotta believe something. I chose to believe those words of TS, even if I am cherry picking here.