MJ ESTATE & PAUL ANKA Sued Over 'This Is It'

AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
edited January 1970 in News
[size=18pt]MJ ESTATE & PAUL ANKA<br />Sued Over 'This Is It'<br />For $24 MILLION[/size]<br />10/30/2012 6:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF <br /><br />1030-michael-jackson-paul-anka-article-2.jpg<br /><br />A music producer claims he's owed at least $24 MILLION for his work on the Paul Anka/Michael Jackson collaboration "This Is it" -- and now, he's suing Anka and the MJ Estate for the money.<br /><br />The producer -- named Michael Jonzun -- filed the lawsuit in Massachusetts federal court, claiming he helped remake Paul and MJ's 1983 song "I Never Heard" ... into what eventually became MJ's 2009 song "This Is It."<br /><br />According to the lawsuit, Jonzun owns one-third of "This Is It" but he never got paid his share of the song's proceeds -- so he's suing.<br /><br />Paul Anka tells TMZ, he has never even heard the name Michael Jonzun before today -- and any claims Jonzun owns a portion of "This Is It" are "BS."<br /><br />

Comments

• scorpionchikscorpionchik Posts: 2,669
    Greeeeeed, stupidity.
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    There's that number 24 again.
  • wishingstarwishingstar Posts: 2,927
    Sometimes I have to laugh......you all know I like the whole gematria stuff.....<br /><br />113 = This Is It = Propofol <br /><br />well, I like this one too:<br /><br />109 = I Never Heard = King of Pop, Death Is False <br /><br />So I guess I am good either way...and yes, that number 24 again, lol........<br /><br />Blessings Always.......
  • AdiAdi Posts: 1,834
    Since the 3rd anniversary of its release a few days ago, I've had a feeling that there would be a story relating somehow to This Is It on TMZ, also because it was the 3rd anniversary of thisisalsoit on October 29th. <br />So I did a little  :Michael_Jackson_dancing_smile when I saw this story, ESPECIALLY with the number 24 there considering the latest discussion on Sign 6 <br /><br />Also - date of posting is 10/30/2012 = 9 & time: 6:30 = 9  9+9 =18<br /><br />Of course I love reading between the lines.....<br /><br />[size=14pt]MJ [/size][size=8pt]ESTATE & PAUL ANKA[/size]<br />[size=8pt]Sued Over[/size] [size=14pt]This Is It[/size]<br />[size=8pt]For $24 MILLION[/size]<br /><br /> :icon_mrgreen:
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    on 1351653449:
    <br />There's that number 24 again.<br />
    <br /><br /><br /><br />Them view the discussions in this forum
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    on 1351697546:
    <br />
    on 1351653449:
    <br />There's that number 24 again.<br />
    <br /><br /><br /><br />Them view the discussions in this forum<br />
    <br /><br />It certainly wouldn't be the first time.
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    Love all your observations!<br /><br />It's great to know that they are watching us too, that we count just a wee little bit! :LolLolLolLol:<br />I love MJ, and I love being here!
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    "Michael Jonzun" sounds like "Michael Jackson" pronounced by a foreigner  :icon_lol:<br /><br />I have the hoax-mind on again  :over-react-smiley:
  • blankieblankie Posts: 2,350
    on 1351715073:
    <br />Love all your observations!<br /><br />It's great to know that they are watching us too, that we count just a wee little bit! :LolLolLolLol:<br />I love MJ, and I love being here!<br />
    <br /><br /><br />Agree !!! Is wonderful to be UNITED IN L.O.V.E. !!!<br /><br /><br /><br />                                                                emoticon1.gif
  • mindseyemindseye Posts: 980
    The numbers are interesting indeed. This story is strange, 3 yrs later? sues over the song "I Never Heard" ...Anka has 'never even heard' the name Michael Jonzun?  :icon_lol:<br /><br /> found a Michael Jonzun video.. $$$ ..  :LolLolLolLol: <br /><br />
  • I remember the news about the songwriting issue with Paul Anka, which has been clarified with the Estate<br /><br />
    Paul Anka has given his reaction to a track he worked on with Michael Jackson in 1983 being released as a single earlier this week (October 12) without initially crediting him.
    <br />http://www.nme.com/news/michael-jackson/47889<br /><br />
    Paul Anka tells TMZ, he has never even heard the name Michael Jonzun before today -- and any claims Jonzun owns a portion of "This Is It" are "BS."
    <br />Right, BS it is, because according to Michael Jonzun´s biography he started on his own in ´85, 2 years after the collaboration between MJ and Paul Anka on this song, so Jonzun couldn´t have worked on the song. :suspect:<br /><br />Michael Jonzun http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jonzun<br /><br />
    The former head of the Jonzun Crew, Michael Jonzun went on his own in 1985, but didn't have much success recording for A&M
    <br />http://www.allmusic.com/artist/michael-jonzun-mn0000452816<br />
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    on 1351727244:
    <br />The numbers are interesting indeed. This story is strange, 3 yrs later? sues over the song "I Never Heard" ...Anka has 'never even heard' the name Michael Jonzun?  :icon_lol:<br /><br /> found a Michael Jonzun video.. $$$ ..  :LolLolLolLol: <br /><br />
    <br />
    <br /><br /><br />The man exists, first time that I read that name :icon_geek:<br />
  • Thank you for sharing this information. The timing is very interesting indeed. Someone is helping to keep Michael and "This Is It" in the news.<br /><br />Gema - good to see you again. I thought the same thing about the name.<br /><br />Blessings :)