Michael Jackson fan gets gift from artist's estate

everlastinglove_MJeverlastinglove_MJ Posts: 2,884
edited January 2013 in General Hoax Investigation
[size=12pt]Michael Jackson fan gets gift from artist's estate[/size]<br /><br />bilde?Site=SH&Date=20130104&Category=ARTICLE&ArtNo=130109832&Ref=AR&MaxW=445&border=0<br /><br />Community Haven resident James Waddell dances to a Micheal Jackson video on Friday. Attorneys from Jackson's estate sent Waddell memorabilia, including a sequined glove, after learning that he was a huge fan.<br />STAFF PHOTO / DAN WAGNER<br /> By Gabrielle Russon<br /><br /><br />Published: Friday, January 4, 2013 at 6:06 p.m.<br /><br />Last Modified: Friday, January 4, 2013 at 6:06 p.m.<br /><br /><br />SARASOTA - James Waddell wears his shiny Michael Jackson glove on his left hand on vacation, at ballgames and practically everywhere else. <br /><br /><br />So of course Waddell asked for more Jackson music during a Christmas party last month that volunteers threw for him and other developmentally disabled residents at Community Haven.<br /><br />He got his wish with a Jackson CD.<br /><br />But the gifts kept coming for Waddell after he was featured in a holiday news story that caught the attention of the attorneys who administer Jackson's estate.<br /><br />The Los Angeles attorneys recently sent a box of Jackson memorabilia, including a collection of concert DVDs, a Wii game and a T-shirt.<br /><br />“Happy holidays and all of our best wishes for you in 2013!” said a letter written by a paralegal on behalf of attorneys John Branca and John McClain.<br /><br />Waddell was, of course, delighted. <br /><br />“He's Michael Jackson through and through,” said Kim Clark, a marketing coordinator at the Sarasota facility where Waddell, 46, has lived for 10 years. “Michael just makes him happy.”<br /><br />On Friday, Waddell put on his curly black wig and a shiny red jacket that still had a No. 44 label from last year's Halloween costume contest.<br /><br />Waddell showed off his new presents and listened to one of the concert DVDs in his living room.<br /><br />Then he danced as if nobody was watching.<br /><br />His feet shuffled on the carpet. He pumped his arms in the air and then shook his gloved left hand.<br /><br />When Jackson took off his glove and flung it on the video, Waddell did the same.<br /><br />A few minutes later, Waddell was still dancing as he headed to his job washing dishes at the Community Haven kitchen.NOTEStart<br />
http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20130104/ARTICLE/130109832/-1/news?Title=Michael-Jackson-fan-gets-gift-from-artist-s-estate&tc=ar<br /><br />i love this story :)<br />

Comments

• JosJos Posts: 360
    :th_bravo: How cool is that ey :)  :smiley_abuv:
  • so lovely to read, this warms my heart...
  • Makes me tear up. In my previous profession I had a mental health client with diability who was like this too, re: MJ. Obsessed and soemthing that just made him happy and smile! I used to greet him as ******* (his name) Jackson - He loved it. He used to bring in his posters and albums for me to look at, all of which I had at home of course. Lol<br /><br />He was a sweetie.<br /><br />
  • marumjjmarumjj Posts: 1,027
    Well done! I love the attitude of the estate, a smiley face for Branca and McClain  :th_bravo:
  • Snoopy71Snoopy71 Posts: 952
    smiley-happy096.gif
  • JowayriaJowayria Posts: 163
    Dear Mr Branca ,<br /><br />I want gifts too  :icon_mrgreen: <br /><br />
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    But the gifts kept coming for Waddell after he was featured in a holiday news story that caught the attention of the attorneys who administer Jackson's estate.<br /><br />The Los Angeles attorneys recently sent a box of Jackson memorabilia, including a collection of concert DVDs, a Wii game and a T-shirt.<br /><br />“Happy holidays and all of our best wishes for you in 2013!” said a letter written by a paralegal on behalf of attorneys John Branca and John McClain.
    <br />And Branca said to Katherine, "I am Michael Jackson!"  :icon_lol: <br />This totally sounds like something MJ would and did do plenty, and does now behind the scenes.
  • on 1357369467:
    <br />
    But the gifts kept coming for Waddell after he was featured in a holiday news story that caught the attention of the attorneys who administer Jackson's estate.<br /><br />The Los Angeles attorneys recently sent a box of Jackson memorabilia, including a collection of concert DVDs, a Wii game and a T-shirt.<br /><br />“Happy holidays and all of our best wishes for you in 2013!” said a letter written by a paralegal on behalf of attorneys John Branca and John McClain.
    <br />And Branca said to Katherine, "I am Michael Jackson!"  :icon_lol: <br />This totally sounds like something MJ would and did do plenty, and does now behind the scenes.<br />
    <br /><br />could it be a whisper?  trouble is can not a lie be whispered as easily as shouted?  :-\
  • MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    Aww!  :bearhug:
  • blankieblankie Posts: 2,350
    BEAUTIFUL !!!!!! <br /><br />                          a_plain.gif
  • on 1357348457:
    <br />Makes me tear up. In my previous profession I had a mental health client with diability who was like this too, re: MJ. Obsessed and soemthing that just made him happy and smile! I used to greet him as ******* (his name) Jackson - He loved it. He used to bring in his posters and albums for me to look at, all of which I had at home of course. Lol<br /><br />He was a sweetie.<br />
    <br /><br />Thank you for sharing this beautiful and sweet story, the best thing is to see them happy!  :bearhug:
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    That was a really nice story to read.