TJ Jackson He Needs Cash To Care for Michael's Kids

finfinfinfin Posts: 648
edited January 1970 in News
TJ Jackson cannot continue to serve as a surrogate parent to Michael Jackson's 3 kids without getting some compensation, so the Executors of MJ's Estate are asking the judge to give TJ a reasonable amount of money to keep the ship afloat.<br /><br />The Executors filed legal docs -- obtained by TMZ -- in which they say TJ has been extremely devoted to Paris, Prince and Blanket since MJ's death.  TJ -- who is now a co-guardian along with Katherine Jackson -- spends 40 hours a week caring for the 3 kids.  <br />                                                                            0206-tj-jackson-kids-1.jpg<br />The Executors say it's been a hardship for TJ -- who is married with 3 kids of his own.  Although he's been a co-guardian since July, he hasn't received a single penny for his services.<br /><br />The Executors are asking the judge to allow them to pay TJ $9,000 a month, retroactive to July.  They add, the way it's going now, TJ may not be able to continue, so compensation is essential.<br /><br />Sounds like a pretty good deal to us.<br /><br />Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/02/06/tj-jackson-money-michael-jackson-estate-executors-kids-paris-prince-blanket/#ixzz2K8NUSlY2 <br />Visit the TMZ Store: http://tmzstore.com

Comments

• I don’t get the money thing if these children are family.  I know you need money to care for children, but Katherine is still getting the money so if she’s not taking care of them or partially, split it with T.J.  I  just don’t get that it always comes down to a money issue. These aren’t adopted children. These are Michael’s kids.  :icon_e_confused:
  • They probably dont even live with him. They probably live with Michael. Theres always seems to be money issues surrounding MJs kids and they're guardianship. There maybe some meassage in the money, but thats honestly just a guess. I find it hard to believe that Katherine wouldnt give him money to put towards caring for MJs kids.
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    If the is 40 hours per week with the children  want  say that he not  lives with them, this story is another invention of " someone 
  • diggyondiggyon Posts: 1,376
    on 1360177369:
    <br />They probably dont even live with him. They probably live with Michael. Theres always seems to be money issues surrounding MJs kids and they're guardianship. There maybe some meassage in the money, but thats honestly just a guess. I find it hard to believe that Katherine wouldnt give him money to put towards caring for MJs kids.<br />
    <br /><br />May be because they might be living with MJ, it's MJ who might be in need of the money but through someone else!
  • on 1360180343:
    <br />If the is 40 hours per week with the children  want  say that he not  lives with them, this story is another invention of " someone <br />
    <br /><br />The 40 hours per week is what catches the eye.  That’s like saying it’s a 40-hour workweek.  I wouldn’t think that being there for family would be considered a job where you are paid by the hour. 
  • blankieblankie Posts: 2,350
    Surely he does not live with Prince Paris and Blanket because they live with their dad  :bearhug:... his 40 hours per week with childrens  will be when Michael is busy with his business.....  :icon_razz:  :bearhug: :michael-jackson:
  • Yes, that's how I read it too, a 40-hour workweek of MJ and because his children live with him they must be taken care of/guarded while MJ's not at home. Although the co-guardian is a family member it's probably also an employment agreement. I think we can't speculate about if this compensation amount is fair or not because we have no idea about the required expenses.
  • Soooooo  :icon_e_confused: what of the money that is already being paid to Katherine for the children?  If TJ is jeeping them then it seems only fair that the money Katherine is getting go to him.  Just seems fair to me.
  • The more I think about this I don’t even see why it had to be made public if TJ was asking for money.  Is this a scheme of divide and conquer?  Get the fans to now hate on TJ and accuse him of greed while the Estate comes out smelling like a rose for agreeing to “look into” the matter.  :computer-losy-smiley:  Perhaps that is something I should have considered before passing judgement.  Have to think outside the box ALL the time it seems.
  • To me it seems very odd, that the estate even have to ask for the judge to approve, does that mean that everytime they will hire a new employe they have to ask a jugde if he would aprove?<br /><br />I agree everlasting, we have no idea.<br />
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    Agree with you.<br /><br />"......so the Executors of MJ's Estate are asking the judge to give TJ a reasonable amount of money......"<br /><br />Isn't this what Executors do?  Make decisions about a person's estate.  Do they seriously have to 'ask a judge'?  Can anyone do anything in the US without involving (highly paid) lawyers?<br /><br />I'll stop now.
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    on 1360191933:
    <br />Surely he does not live with Prince Paris and Blanket because they live with their dad  :bearhug:... his 40 hours per week with childrens  will be when Michael is busy with his business.....  :icon_razz:  :bearhug: :michael-jackson:<br />
    <br />Well the kids have certainly never looked like they're grieving (Paris' acting crying at the memorial).  I agree "40 hours" is a strong hint to a working week.  Mind you MJ always said he never stops creating, plus he told a TII worker that he couldn't stand one day without being with his kids.
  • so maybe the question here is where is kate and what is she spending her time at? <br /><br />wouldn't the issue of financial needs have been addressed as soon as tj took over?
  • 40 hours per week? Then who takes care of the kids in the remaining time????  :icon_question: Katherine should split the money with TJ, is what seems fairer to me. :icon_idea:
  • i believe Michael will not appreciate us jugde family members and mostly not his Mother. <br /><br />
  • Snoopy71Snoopy71 Posts: 952
    All these "money" issues just gives me a bad feeling.  :icon_e_confused:<br /><br /><br /><br />....retroactive pay for the last 7 months too?  :WTF:
  • on 1360274720:
    <br /> i believe Michael will not appreciate us jugde family members and mostly not his Mother.<br />
    <br /><br />I don’t think posters are making judgements only investigating the reason behind the request.  I retracted my statement a few posts back because I did not want to appear judgmental.
  • on 1360279429:
    <br />
    on 1360274720:
    <br /> i believe Michael will not appreciate us jugde family members and mostly not his Mother.<br />
    <br /><br />I don’t think posters are making judgements only investigating the reason behind the request.  I retracted my statement a few posts back because I did not want to appear judgmental.<br />
    <br /><br />did they give any details when this arrangement started as to what sharing this would actually mean as far as who the kids would stay with or how much time each would spend taking care of them?  no one has heard anything else on her health right? joe was the last we heard anything about health wise right , and he sounded and looked pretty good right? perhaps the court case is requiring a lot of time and energy.
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    on 1360283510:
    <br />
    on 1360279429:
    <br />
    on 1360274720:
    <br /><br />I don’t think posters are making judgements only investigating the reason behind the request.  I retracted my statement a few posts back because I did not want to appear judgmental.<br />
    <br /><br />did they give any details when this arrangement started as to what sharing this would actually mean as far as who the kids would stay with or how much time each would spend taking care of them?  no one has heard anything else on her health right? joe was the last we heard anything about health wise right , and he sounded and looked pretty good right? perhaps the court case is requiring a lot of time and energy.<br />
    <br /><br /><br />If Michael is not able to see his kids as often as he would like, he would want them well taken care of.  It would be very tiring for Katherine to take care of the 3 children at her age and if a lot of TJ's time is spent with the kids, he cannot easily earn his own money elsewhere in other pursuits.  I'm sure Michael spares no expense when it comes to his children, especially if he can't be with them all the time.
  • When TJ want money for his co guardienship, he puts this on a business level.<br />40 hours....the kids are not that young that they need so much supervising ! Hey Prince drives a car and goes shopping with bodyguards....he and Paris are at Buckley several hours a day.<br />I thought TJ was only the co guardien for that time Katherine could'nt care or he does some trips with them.<br />When he spends 40 hours a day with them.....didn't he as a job ? He must sleep and he has a wife and 3 kids....his day must have more then 24 hours....<br /><br />With Love <3<3<3 ;)
  • May i remind everyone that the article says TJ considers caring for the kids to be a 40 hours per week activity. <br />TMZ wrote that... who said TJ actually said it this way  ?<br /><br />Caring for kids you have guardianship might not cost money. I mean, unless he has to pay for school, extra activities, clothes, food, etc etc... For this, Katherine is supposed to have money, no ? <br />Or maybe TJ consider his time as "legal guardian" to be the same as "babysitting job" I mean, you don't get paid to keep "your" kids. Some people do it 24/7 as parents... As long as they are "his" on a legal side, shared with Katherine, and she is already having money for it.<br /><br />This whole thing is just another TMZ article...It's not about judging TJ, but maybe more about "why TMZ puts it public and write it this way" Sounds like TJ has to be a bad guy, considering the kids as a full time job, to be paid for. <br />This sounds not ok.
  • on 1360279429:
    <br />
    on 1360274720:
    <br /><br />I agree with you Hes, it was a too strong wording from my site. and i apologise for my choice of words.<br />I know anyone here has the best at heart towards Michael and Katherine, and i really do appreciate you all very much.<br />It's human nature to give our opinion, and i am certainly no saint myself at this one. So what i wrote before was also meant for myself to stay aware, not get carried away by story's from TMZ or other media.<br /><br />With respect to you all<br /><br />Shy x :)
  • Let’s not forget the ages of the children. They aren’t babies who need to be “watched” 24-7 so it certainly isn’t for that.  We all know as parents that as children grow, their needs increase age appropriately and they are surely wanting things that cost a bit more now.  So maybe that’s what TJ was referring to.  Not money to “watch” them as the article puts it, but to continue taking them to places and doing things that they enjoy.  It has been stated that they love being with him and vice versa and he takes them to lots of places and do everything together with his own children.  That can get expensive over time.  I can understand then him possibly asking for more money to continue doing this, however, I know he doesn’t appreciate it being publicized like it was as he would not want the children to know he was in any financial stress and read it as being because of them.  So still, TMZ & the Estate making that announcement was in my opinion in poor taste and very inconsiderate.  The children are all internet savvy and can read just like the rest of the world. It’s tacky!
  • i guess what i have been trying to convey here is that i think any monetary needs would have been dealt with at the time of making the arrangements in the first place. there are probably guidelines in place for this. so this little peice is overkill but why? jmo <br /><br />wasn't the talk at the time about katherine coming back upset that if she lost custody she would lose the money connected with having the children? hard to keep up with all the details. perhaps that is the point.  :icon_lol:
  • The main thing is that the kids can't be in several places at a time. So the person who is legaly in charge of the kids must have been given the money for it.I mean, if justice made decision for an amount of money to raise the kids, this money obviously goes to the person in charge of the kids, being Katherine or TJ.<br />I don't understand how TJ had custody "without" being able to deal with the money. It doesn't sound "legally" possible.