Daft Punk’s New Single Like a Michael Jackson Disco

blankieblankie Posts: 2,350
edited April 2013 in General Hoax Investigation
[size=12pt]Listen... Seems really Mike !![/size]  ???<br /><br /><br />Daft Punk’s New Single Totally Sounds Like a Michael Jackson Disco Jam<br />Eliot Van Buskirk - Evolver.fm<br />Fans of forward-looking music have at least two things to be excited about this spring: new albums from Boards of Canada (which is teasing fans with the rarest vinyl released this year) and Daft Punk, whose Random Access Memories is set for a May 20th release.<br /><br />On Friday, Daft Punk dropped the "Get Lucky" single on Spotify, breaking the company's internal record for the most streams of a single on its release day. Spotify did not divulge how many streams that was, other than that "Get Lucky" broke the record.<br /><br />You can listen to that above. Once released, the single became weirdly intermingled with the late Michael Jackson in strange ways.<br /><br />First, people began noticing that "Get Lucky" sounds a bit like a long-lost Michael Jackson disco track, which, sure, it does. Fine.<br /><br />Main Ixed took that suggestion to heart, pitch-shifting the single so that Pharell's vocals fall into Jackson's range, and pairing it with footage of Jackson, along with a few of his trademark "whoo!" and "ow!" exhortations:<br /><br /><br /><br />                         
<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />  http://gizmodo.com/5995266/daft-punks-new-single-totally-sounds-like-a-michael-jackson-disco-jam<br /><br />

Comments

• MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    Seems to me there would have to be permission from the Estate for groups to do any arrangements using MJ's vocals, or there would be lawsuits.<br />Therefore I feel MJ through the Estate may be collaborating with various upcoming groups, even getting out new music.<br /><br />
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    Ya I think they would definitely need permission to use Michael's voice and I don't think he ever minded other artists using his voice or sampling his music in their tracks.  So since it's Michael running his own Estate, I think permission would be readily granted.<br /><br />Snoop Dogg put it eloquently, lol.  Starting at about 2:50 Snoop talks about MJ letting artists sample his music.<br /><br />
  • I love the song! First time for me to hear it. I don't care for Daft Punk but...this song...because of the MJ likeness....I love it.  :D
  • Well I don't low what to think about this song but the most I listen to it the most I think Michael is singing there, if you try the vid below they say Michael appears when accelerating that song + if you look at the pic has some similarities with Thriller album cover, now who is behind that helmet?? ➜ Random Access Memories??<br /><br />8-bit-version-of-Thriller3.jpg<br /><br /><br />
  • read the description below the video, the song has been edited by someone to make it sound like  MJ. <br /><br />
    So I found out just by pitch shifting Get Lucky, the track sounds a lot like Michael Jackson. The "He-hee's", "Woo's" , "shamonas" and other MJ sounds developed on their own when the track sped up.
     <br /><br /><br />But truth is, those MJ audio clips have been added from songs like 'Another Part Of Me'. <br /> <br />this is the official audio released by Daft Punk's youtube account : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NV6Rdv1a3I  <br /><br />and this does not have MJ audio.
  • on 1370175144:
    <br />read the description below the video, the song has been edited by someone to make it sound like  MJ. <br /><br />
    So I found out just by pitch shifting Get Lucky, the track sounds a lot like Michael Jackson. The "He-hee's", "Woo's" , "shamonas" and other MJ sounds developed on their own when the track sped up.
    <br /><br /><br />But truth is, those MJ audio clips have been added from songs like 'Another Part Of Me'. <br /> <br />this is the official audio released by Daft Punk's youtube account : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NV6Rdv1a3I  <br /><br />and this does not have MJ audio.<br />
    <br /><br /><br />yep. ur def right abt that. the music and album cover inspired by MJ but the "MJ" sounds are mixed in on a remix. not the original
  • wishingstarwishingstar Posts: 2,927
    Daft Punk is an interesting group...signed with Sony, apparently in the Spring?  <br /><br />http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daft_Punk<br /><br />"...In January 2013, de Homem-Christo revealed that Daft Punk was in the process of signing with Sony Music Entertainment through the Columbia Records label, and that the album would have a spring release.[57] A report from The Guardian followed specifying a release date of May 2013.[58] On February 28, Daft Punk's official website and Facebook page featured a picture of the duo's helmets, with a "Columbia" logo in the corner, to announce the Columbia signing.[59] On March 2, a fifteen-second television advertisement aired during the Saturday Night Live program—it depicted an animated, stylized version of the band's logo and the aforementioned image of the helmets.[60] On March 23, a pre-order page for the new album appeared on iTunes and this was the first time that the title Random Access Memories was revealed, together with a release date of May 21, 2013.[61] The official website for the album and an updated television advertisement were also unveiled.[62] On April 3, the official album website launched The Collaborators, a series of 16mm documentary videos about the album.[63]......"
  • Thriller4ever thanks I read the description below the vid before posting it here.<br /><br />Because I am having problems to post just please refer to the below link and check it out I hope it does work:<br /><br />https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=140899326103032&set=gm.653035711377944&type=1&relevant_count=1<br /><br />https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=497492646971880&set=gm.653185168029665&type=1&theater<br /><br />Check the lyrics:<br /><br />http://www.angolotesti.it/D/testi_canzoni_daft_punk_80/testo_canzone_get_lucky_1746722.html<br /><br /><br />Fharrell: musical genius who CAN sing very well, plus he has sex appeal<br />Pharrell's band N.E.R.D. (No one Ever Really Dies) is straight ill<br /><br />http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pharrell
  • Daft Punk is an old french group. The interesting fact about them is that noone ever saw their face. They are among the most famous, and yet almost anonymous. When the single was out, i really thought there was some MJ spirit in the title graphics and in the music itself. Why do this 4 years after ? Everything sounds MJ on this song. <br /><br /><br />
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    Here's the video showing the band singing/playing. Its cool!<br /><br />
    <br /><br />Reminds me of MJ!! :icon_e_biggrin:<br /><br />michaeljacksonphotoshistorytourrocketmanse2910c.jpg<br /><br />Song seems to be playing every couple of hours on the radio, at least today.
  • blankieblankie Posts: 2,350
    Thanks for sharing MJonmind  :bearhug:<br /><br />Really reminds Michael  :icon_razz: :moonwalk_: :icon_bounce:
  • applehead250609applehead250609 Posts: 2,615
    on 1366917041:
    <br />[size=12pt]Listen... Seems really Mike !![/size]  ???<br /><br /><br />Daft Punk’s New Single Totally Sounds Like a Michael Jackson Disco Jam<br />Eliot Van Buskirk - Evolver.fm<br />Fans of forward-looking music have at least two things to be excited about this spring: new albums from Boards of Canada (which is teasing fans with the rarest vinyl released this year) and Daft Punk, whose Random Access Memories is set for a May 20th release.<br /><br />On Friday, Daft Punk dropped the "Get Lucky" single on Spotify, breaking the company's internal record for the most streams of a single on its release day. Spotify did not divulge how many streams that was, other than that "Get Lucky" broke the record.<br /><br />You can listen to that above. Once released, the single became weirdly intermingled with the late Michael Jackson in strange ways.<br /><br />First, people began noticing that "Get Lucky" sounds a bit like a long-lost Michael Jackson disco track, which, sure, it does. Fine.<br /><br />Main Ixed took that suggestion to heart, pitch-shifting the single so that Pharell's vocals fall into Jackson's range, and pairing it with footage of Jackson, along with a few of his trademark "whoo!" and "ow!" exhortations:<br /><br /><br /><br />                         
    <br /><br /><br /><br /><br />  http://gizmodo.com/5995266/daft-punks-new-single-totally-sounds-like-a-michael-jackson-disco-jam<br /><br /><br />
    <br /><br />The disco loving duo also bonded over their mutual love of Michael Jackson, with Thomas picking ‘Thriller’ as the record which changed his life.<br /><br />  He added: <br /><br />
    ”Everything about it – the music video, the packaging, the whole thing. I remember having the video cassette with the music video, the Motown anniversary where he does the moonwalk, and the documentary by Michael Landis where you see Michael Jackson in make-up, it’s my favorite.”
    <br /><br />http://www.contactmusic.com/story/daft-punk-bonded-over-springsteen_3760224<br /><br />Daft Punk have been saying for years that they are MJ stans. Another reason to love them!  :icon_lol: Last month Pharrell said something very intresting about Michael's height  :animal0017:,but that it's another subject  :icon_geek: and I will make a post soon  ;) . <br />
  • You've got me very curious Applehead.  Waiting for your post about Michael's height.........
  • Interesting Applehead. MJ IS capable of anything.<br /><br /><br />Meanwhile I think this is interesting, yes old, from 2010 in fact. But still interesting. Janet sounding like Michael to the point some thought she was lip synching to MJs voice...<br /><br />http://www.michaeljackson.com/us/node/840054<br /><br />Interesting.<br /><br />I am sure he has his mark on several musical pieces since 09.<br /><br />
  • Sorry off topic, I didn't know where to post it and I didn't wanna open a new thread only for it.<br /><br />What do you guys think about this movie:<br /><br />
    <br /><br />Listen what the trailer says:<br /><br />* Coming closer because the more you think you see the easier it will be to fool you.<br />* Ladies & gentleman the final trick. <br />* Everybody in this room is having a hard time, we are gonna give the money back (reminds me of the tickets' returned money after MJ' s "death").<br />* Can you explain me how you went from Vegas to Paris in 3 seconds? Kids call it "MAGIC" I have always been the smartest kind in room (not sure they are the exact words pls correct me if wrong).<br />* They set up the real trick.<br />*Expose them now and destroy them.<br />* Whatever the trick is, it was designed long time ago and it's really going to amaze.<br />* NOW YOU SEE ME ➜ look closely because the closer you think you are the less you likely see ➜ COMING SOON.
    on 1374190509:
    <br />Sorry off topic, I didn't know where to post it and I didn't wanna open a new thread only for it.<br /><br />What do you guys think about this movie:<br /><br />
    <br /><br />Listen what the trailer says:<br /><br />* Coming closer because the more you think you see the easier it will be to fool you.<br />* Ladies & gentleman the final trick. <br />* Everybody in this room is having a hard time, we are gonna give the money back (reminds me of the tickets' returned money after MJ' s "death").<br />* Can you explain me how you went from Vegas to Paris in 3 seconds? Kids call it "MAGIC" I have always been the smartest kind in room (not sure they are the exact words pls correct me if wrong).<br />* They set up the real trick.<br />*Expose them now and destroy them.<br />* Whatever the trick is, it was designed long time ago and it's really going to amaze.<br />* NOW YOU SEE ME ➜ look closely because the closer you think you are the less you likely see ➜ COMING SOON.<br />
    <br /><br />
    Sorry off topic, I didn't know where to post it and I didn't wanna open a new thread only for it.<br />
    <br /><br />You can say that again lol :LolLolLolLol: ,cause after I saw that movie ,my first intention was to write about it.Considering how my last post,about clues in the movies (Dallas 2012 ), ended I said "forget it"  :( .I'm glad you mention it  ;) .<br />Well, I have a lot to say about this movie, and that's why I went to see it,in the first place :<br /><br />
    <br /><br />There is alot  more to this movie,"talk" to you later  :)  :bearhug: !!!!
  • Very, very "Michaelish".  Sweet and Applehead thanks for bringing it to our attention.
    on 1374249344:
    <br />Very, very "Michaelish".  Sweet and Applehead thanks for bringing it to our attention.<br />
    <br /><br />Yes, very Michaelish,cause you have to see the movie,to understand and feel what I had felt the whole time !!!!! Especially when I saw the CAROUSEL  :omg: ,almost at the end of the movie.Cause in my opinion,had nothing to do with the movie lol  :LolLolLolLol: ,maybe it had to do with MJ and the name of the magicians: The 4 Horseman  ;) !!!!<br /><br />air-carousel1.jpg?w=262<br /><br />
  • DatrootDatroot Posts: 1,314
    I definitely hear MJ's voice there - and not just the ad-libbed bits from other MJ songs.  I feel he is actually singing the song. 
  • ashprak247ashprak247 Posts: 108
    I'm glad someone else commented about now you see me film. <br /><br />Wow I was blown away with al the mj death hoax clues. I was jotting everything down through out the movie. This is what I saw and heard. <br /><br />Death hoax of a character <br /><br />Comeback attempt Lionel shrike famous magician - who died in a dangerous underwater stunt. His father was humiliated by Bradley so bad he wanted to undertake this last stunt whose failure led to his own death. Dylan then designed the Horsemen plot to obtain revenge on those involved<br /><br />Bunny<br />Breaking news<br />This is it<br />Insurer<br />The eye<br />Fairground<br />Always be the smartest guy in the room<br />100% believer <br />Illusion <br />Planned and worked out every detail <br />The keys<br /><br /> :moonwalk_:<br />
  • marumjjmarumjj Posts: 1,027
    I hope to see the movie soon ..
  • blankieblankie Posts: 2,350
    on 1374249344:
    <br />Very, very "Michaelish".  Sweet and Applehead thanks for bringing it to our attention.<br />
    <br /><br /><br />Thanks  :moonwalk_: interesting !!!!!  :icon_razz:
  • iloveyoumoreiloveyoumore Posts: 307
    Thanks for sharing. Sounds pretty interesting there's lot of Michaelish things.. like that Dangerous eye.<br />why would they choose the Michael look a like eye out of every possible eye there is, lol. <br />02_zpsf1ca50fe.png<br />maybe they're Michael fans. :icon_lol: if the family starts talk about this movie like they did with Oz then we can be quite sure Michael has maybe something to do with this.  :icon_lol:
  • I didn't have a chance to see this movie but my daughter saw it when it first came out (end of May) and she was explaining the movie to me, she doesn't believe Michael is alive, and she was only explaining what she saw from a very objective point of view.  I was just flabbergasted at how this movie screams of Michael.<br /><br />In addition to what other members have mentioned in great detail, there is also mention of 4 years in the movie, an FBI agent who is in control of everything but no one knew that it was him until it was revealed at the very end of the movie.  I can't put the rest in writing since I didn't see it, but even the name of the movie says a lot "Now you see me".  <br />
  • i saw that movie.  I'll have to look at it again thru different eyes