Michael Jackson Manager’s E-Mails Found, Could Be Key In Aeg Trial

ladylee1979ladylee1979 Posts: 257
edited January 1970 in News
LOS ANGELES (CNN) — A cache of e-mails believed lost when Michael Jackson’s last manager’s laptop disappeared could become key evidence in the wrongful death trial against AEG Live.<br /> <br />Lawyers for Michael Jackson’s mother and three children don’t know what they’ll find in Frank DiLeo’s e-mails, but they are hoping it will support their contention that DiLeo was beholden to the concert promoter and not to Jackson.<br /> <br />Jackson changed managers twice in the last three months of his life. In late March 2009, he hired Leonard Rowe — one of his father’s friends — to replace Tohme Tohme, the manager who initially negotiated the deal with AEG for his “This Is It” tour.<br /> <br />Jackson lawyers argue that AEG Live forced Jackson to take DiLeo, who had worked for him off and on for decades, as his manager in May 2009 because they did not want to work with Rowe.<br /> <br />Their contention is part of their larger argument that AEG Live executives were liable for Jackson’s death because they hired, retained or supervised Dr. Conrad Murray, the physician convicted of involuntary manslaughter.<br /> <br />AEG counters that it was Jackson who chose and hired Murray, not them. AEG lawyers argue that Jackson was responsible for his own death and that drug addiction led to his bad decisions.<br /> <br />The coroner ruled his death, which came near the end of preparations for a series of comeback concerts, was caused by an overdose of the surgical anesthetic propofol that Murray was using to treat Jackson’s insomnia.<br /> <br />AEG Live contends its executives had no way of knowing the doctor was using propofol in the privacy of Jackson’s bedroom.<br /> <br />The Jacksons are seeking billions of dollars in damages, equal to what Michael Jackson might have earned if he had not died on June 25, 2009. The Los Angeles trial began three weeks ago and is expected to continue into July.<br /> <br />The lawsuit contends AEG Live ignored warning signs about Jackson’s health in his last weeks, and instead of getting him help they pressured Jackson and Murray to have him at rehearsals. DiLeo would have been part of that pressure, they contend.<br /> <br />“Get him a bucket of chicken,” DiLeo said on June 19, 2009, in reply to concerns about Jackson’s weight loss, makeup artist Karen Faye testified last week. “It was such a cold response, it broke my heart,” Faye said through tears.<br /> <br />The next day — June 20, 2009 — DiLeo left a voice mail on Murray’s cell phone. “I’m sure you’re aware he had an episode last night. He’s sick. Today’s Saturday. Tomorrow, I’m on my way back. I’m not going to continue my trip. I think you need to get a blood test on him. We got to see what he’s doing?”<br /> <br />DiLeo’s e-mails were recovered after what the judge called “a lot of red tape and kind of cloudiness,” that included the AEG’s lawyers also representing the estate of DiLeo, who died in 2011, in fighting the Jacksons’ subpoena for them.<br /> <br />“Because (DiLeo’s widow) didn’t have litigation counsel, we’re representing her for the limited purposes of responding to that subpoena,” AEG’s lead lawyer, Marvin Putnam, told the judge.<br /> <br />Soon after an Ohio court ordered DiLeo’s estate to give his laptop and e-mails to the Jackson lawyers, the AEG lawyers — in their other capacity representing the DiLeo estate — reported that they could not locate the computer or e-mails.<br /> <br />Jackson lawyers, however, learned that the DiLeo estate’s previous lawyer — Pennsylvania lawyer David Regoli — kept a copy of the e-mail files. For the past several weeks, however, the AEG lawyers argued he had no authority to provide them to the Jacksons’ lawyers for use in the case against AEG.<br /> <br />But in a phone call to the court this week, Regoli said he advised DiLeo’s widow, Linda DiLeo, that “in my opinion, it was a conflict” for AEG’s lawyers — from the Los Angeles firm O’Melveny and Myers — to represent her in the matter.<br /> <br />“She said that she never signed anything with O’Melveny and Myers to authorize them to represent her, and as of this moment they are not representing her anymore,” Regoli said.<br /> <br />Linda DiLeo then rehired Regoli, which allows him to send the e-mails on to the Jacksons — after removing any that are personal or not relevant to the case.<br /> <br />“I think I can give the court my assurances that I’ll go through the documents that I have and I’ll go through the e-mails, and anything that is related to the subpoena, I would obviously turn over,” Regoli said.<br /> <br />As for the missing laptop, there was a simple explanation. Linda DiLeo “had told me her daughter had given it to a friend who needed a computer,” Regoli said. “It wasn’t a very new computer.”<br /> <br />While the Jackson lawyers wanted to explore how AEG’s lawyers came to represent the DiLeo estate in Ohio, the judge declined exploring the matter.<br /> <br />“All we know right now they’re not representing her, and that’s enough for us,” Judge Yvette Palazuelos said.<br /> <br />The trial’s fourth week starts Monday morning with AEG’s chief counsel, Shawn Trell, on the witness stand. Jackson lawyers are expected to grill him about the contract negotiations with Michael Jackson and Murray.<br />http://fox2now.com/2013/05/18/michael-jackson-managers-e-mails-found-could-be-key-in-aeg-trial/

Comments

• suspicious mindsuspicious mind Posts: 5,984
    was there a story very early on about a former body guard of michaels living in ohio now ? also where did bill bray wind up ?
  • Thriller4everThriller4ever Posts: 875
    Bill Bray is no more.
  • Love4MichaelLove4Michael Posts: 398
    on 1369162341:
    <br />was there a story very early on about a former body guard of michaels living in ohio now ? also where did bill bray wind up ?<br />
    <br /><br />[size=12pt]I vaguely remember something about a former bodyguard connected to Cincinnati with a car or limo service.  I think that was right around the same time that young guy went on that internet talk show and claimed his uncle had disappeared or something and that everybody was still getting paid by Michael.  Those two things seem to be stored in the same part of my brain...LOL.  Wish I could remember the details  :icon_e_sad:  I remember the guy because I used to live in Cincinnati so it sparked some attention.[/size]
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    lol  I remember only that much too!  Sorry.
  • scorpionchikscorpionchik Posts: 2,669
    Speaking of emails, new article states interesting point.  <br />[size=14pt]<br />Michael Jackson case: 'We need to pull the plug now,' says AEG email.  [/size]<br /><br />http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-michael-jackson-aeg-email-20130528,0,1009522.story?track=rss<br /><br />"Three months before Michael Jackson died, a top executive of concert promoter AEG Live wrote an email to another company executive saying, [size=12pt]"We need to pull the plug now. I will explain."[/size]<br />The email was sent on March 25, 2009, and was from Randy Phillips to Paul Gongaware, who took the stand Tuesday in what is expected to be the first of several days of testimony.<br />Gongaware denied that the email was a reference to calling off Jackson’s "This Is It" concerts in London but instead was pointed at "pulling the plug on Karen Faye," the singer's hairstylist, makeup artist and longtime friend who had expressed fears about Jackson's poor health."<br /><br /><br />My thoughts, they are talking about killing MJ. That's how fall guy Murray was used for that mission. And I think/hope the true mission of this trial is to reveal that.
  • JosJos Posts: 360
    If that's so, @scorpionchik , How was he been able (Michael) to oversee this and save his life?<br />I mean, IF AEG wanted to kill MJ, he must have heard something and pulled the plug himself. <br />Was the fall guy (Murray) working on both sides maybe? IDK
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    The ever present, never answered question is how much, if any, of this is 'real' and how much is just a storyline in MJ's production? That constant blur between reality and fiction. The mystery. The illusion.
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    It said La Toya, MJ  worth more dead than alive.
  • Sorry slightly off topic but since I can't post on the HoaxBook I'll post it here: for those who are interested in knowing when WMA (World Music Awards) 2013 will take place I sent them a mail and this is the answer:<br /><br />To whom this may concern,<br /><br />I would like to know when and where WMA 2013 will take place, thanks in advance,<br /><br />Best Regards,<br /><br />Raquel<br /><br />An the answer:<br /><br />Will announce next month! thank you for your patience!<br /><br /><br />So I think in June we will learn about it  :icon_e_wink:<br />
    on 1369826749:
    <br />If that's so, @scorpionchik , How was he been able (Michael) to oversee this and save his life?<br />I mean, IF AEG wanted to kill MJ, he must have heard something and pulled the plug himself. <br />Was the fall guy (Murray) working on both sides maybe? IDK<br />
    <br /><br /> Jos, it's just my point of view on hoax is  different. I don't accept theory of long time hoax preparation plan in the first place; then I have said IF there is a hoax, Michael HAD to fake his death to save life rather than for entertainment purpose and  prove someone something; thus,  either he figured out or heard/ learned about danger and escaped, or Murray played 2 side role: warned MJ and helped him to escape; or MJ escaped feeling he could noct pull concerts, or MJ is  is dead. In either case there was a murder involved.
  • on 1369891362:
    <br />
    on 1369826749:
    <br />If that's so, @scorpionchik , How was he been able (Michael) to oversee this and save his life?<br />I mean, IF AEG wanted to kill MJ, he must have heard something and pulled the plug himself. <br />Was the fall guy (Murray) working on both sides maybe? IDK<br />
    <br /><br /> Jos, it's just my point of view on hoax is  different. I don't accept theory of long time hoax preparation plan in the first place; then I have said IF there is a hoax, Michael HAD to fake his death to save life rather than for entertainment purpose and  prove someone something; thus,  either he figured out or heard/ learned about danger and escaped, or Murray played 2 side role: warned MJ and helped him to escape; or MJ escaped feeling he could noct pull concerts, or MJ is  is dead. In either case there was a murder involved.<br />
    <br /><br />Still doubting Michael being alive Scorpion?
  • mjj58mjj58 Posts: 25
    Ok I am really lost with the whole hoax thing now. I have always thought that MJ is alive and well. But recently I don't know what is going on.<br />How can the Jackson estate sue AEG for the wrongful death of MJ when he isn't dead?<br />I mean if he does make a come back, won't he have another law suit from AEG for falsely accusing them of killing him?<br /><br />This is all just getting out of control. Or am I missing something?<br /><br /><br /><br />
    on 1369934685:
    <br />
    on 1369891362:
    <br />
    on 1369826749:
    <br /><br /> Jos, it's just my point of view on hoax is  different. I don't accept theory of long time hoax preparation plan in the first place; then I have said IF there is a hoax, Michael HAD to fake his death to save life rather than for entertainment purpose and  prove someone something; thus,  either he figured out or heard/ learned about danger and escaped, or Murray played 2 side role: warned MJ and helped him to escape; or MJ escaped feeling he could noct pull concerts, or MJ is  is dead. In either case there was a murder involved.<br />
    <br /><br />Still doubting Michael being alive Scorpion?<br />[/quote<br /><br /><br />As always. it started 10-90, then become 15-85, then 20- 80, and so on, based on how facts have been progressing. Are there people who at all times 100% sure that Michael is alive?
  • on 1369972503:
    <br />
    on 1369934685:
    <br />
    on 1369891362:
    <br />
    on 1369826749:
    <br /><br />Still doubting Michael being alive Scorpion?<br />[/quote<br /><br /><br />As always. it started 10-90, then become 15-85, then 20- 80, and so on, based on how facts have been progressing. Are there people who at all times 100% sure that Michael is alive?<br />
    I guess we all had moments like that throughout the hoax... ;) some of us have been here since Day 1, some of us joined later, but the common belief is that Michael is alive, and I for one think there's quite some evidence to prove it. <br />Everytime I have one of these moments, I remember Front's words: "DOUBT EVERYTHING, that's how you'll know it's a Hoax, in the first place", and that keeps me going on.<br />By the way, might be slightly off-topic [pls dont block me for that:p] but Front's latest tweet says to re-lapse back to June 1st 2011. To my shame, I am not completely sure of what he's referring to, given that I didnt't join the forum in 2011, but later. :(<br />Can you guys pls figure out? Thank u
    @Girl in the mirror, it's the date of Front's first post on the forum: http://www.michaeljacksonhoaxforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,5167.msg335388.html#msg335388
  • on 1369984635:
    <br />@Girl in the mirror, it's the date of Front's first post on the forum: http://www.michaeljacksonhoaxforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,5167.msg335388.html#msg335388<br />
    wow, Curls, thank you very much !!!  :bearhug:<br />I have to admit: being newer is tricky sometimes :( Even though I went back and checked all Front's messages, I didn't recall the date of Front's first post here :(<br /><br /><br />
  • Hi Scorpion, don't be afraid to believe Michael is alive because is already very blatant and can't be hidden any longer I think Michael has already begun to reveal himself little by little.<br /><br />Ps: I have sent you a P.M
  • marumjjmarumjj Posts: 1,027
    very suspicious, MJ fired Branca finally a judge who appointed him as executor of his estate. Leonard Rowe hires MJ and AEG forces to take MJ DiLeo. How is this? MJ has no power of decision? I do not understand  :ghsdf:
  • blankieblankie Posts: 2,350
    on 1370031335:
    <br />Hi Scorpion, don't be afraid to believe Michael is alive because is already very blatant and can't be hidden any longer I think Michael has already begun to reveal himself little by little.<br /><br /><br />
    <br /><br /><br />Gretest word sweet....the pure and simple truth...  :icon_bounce:
  • on 1369972503:
    <br /> Are there people who at all times 100% sure that Michael is alive?<br />
    <br /><br />Yep, me! :icon_e_wink:
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    + 1
    ..... and me.
  • Me too  :moonwalk_:
  • wishingstarwishingstar Posts: 2,927
    on 1369984635:
    <br />@Girl in the mirror, it's the date of Front's first post on the forum: http://www.michaeljacksonhoaxforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,5167.msg335388.html#msg335388<br />
    <br /><br />Curls, my apologies, however, am I missing something? Please correct me.......but I see the date as June 2nd as his first post.<br />His "join date" is June 1st......(maybe it's the 1 day of simmering?) <br /><br />http://www.michaeljacksonhoaxforum.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=15701<br /><br />Front <br /><br /> Offline <br />[Add To Buddy List]<br />Send PM<br />Show Posts<br />Show Stats<br /><br />Join Date: June 01, 2011, 11:56:28 PMIP: 31.7.60.44Local Time:June 02, 2013, 12:55:27 AMActivity:<br />0.4%<br />Last Active: June 01, 2013, 10:09:34 AM<br /><br /><br />http://www.michaeljacksonhoaxforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,5167.msg335388.html#msg335388<br /><br />Front<br /><br />Join Date: Jun 2011<br />Posts: 153<br />Activity:<br />0.4%<br />      <br />Re: Official back & Front thread<br />« Reply #809 on: June 02, 2011, 12:09:02 AM »<br />Ban user<br />He never left! <br />The King is King of making magic
    Front, Back, Sideways, Left and Center. NEVER forget that!<br />The GREATEST entertainer in the world makes the world his stage........on an ILLusional Front.<br />Bad health? I don't think so!<br /><br />This is Front's tweet:<br /><br />Front ‏@frontback777 15h<br /><br />1 eve from court retweet+1 day simmering-->1st post Jun 1, 2011. Full circle. Only diff is this time around things MIGHT start 2 mesh.......<br /><br />
  • JosJos Posts: 360
    on 1370064390:
    <br />
    on 1369972503:
    <br /> Are there people who at all times 100% sure that Michael is alive?<br />
    <br /><br />Yep, me! :icon_e_wink:<br />
    <br /><br />Me 2 :-)