Michael Jackson's Hologram Rocks Las Vegas Arena

iloveyoumoreiloveyoumore Posts: 307
edited January 1970 in General Hoax Investigation
http://www.forbes.com/sites/zackomalleygreenburg/2013/05/24/michael-jacksons-hologram-rocks-las-vegas-arena/<br /><br />[size=18pt]Michael Jackson's Hologram Rocks Las Vegas Arena[/size]<br /><br />It only seems fitting that Michael Jackson, the man who brought the world “Thriller,” was resurrected on a Las Vegas stage late Thursday night—in the form of a hologram.<br /><br />The moment occurred toward the end of the first public performance of Michael Jackson ONE, a joint venture between Cirque du Soleil and Jackson’s estate. The singer’s apparition materialized from a cloud of gold pixie dust and proceeded to deliver a rousing rendition of “Man In The Mirror.”<br /><br />Throughout the song, Jackson’s hologram stomps around the stage as a coterie of backup dancers swirl around him, moving in unison like a school of fish with one illusory leader. The phantom Jackson even executes a move that involves dropping to one knee and getting back up; he’s briefly transformed into a Jackson 5 era version of himself before evaporating at the song’s end.<br /><br />When Jackson first appeared onstage, you could feel a swell of energy ripple through the sellout crowd at Mandalay Bay. It wasn’t accompanied by the volume level of some of the show’s other big moments, almost as if the audience was holding its collective breath to keep from shattering the fleeting sliver of hope that this was not an illusion, but the King of Pop himself.<br /><br />That’s the same sort of reaction that Tupac Shakur’s hologram received when it debuted at Coachella last year. Indeed, similar technology was used for both (technically, they’re illusions, not holograms). But Jackson’s actually danced and overlapped with cohorts onstage; Shakur’s merely rapped in the direction of Snoop Dogg, who was standing ten feet away.<br /><br />Much was made of Shakur’s spectral return and the possibility of a hologram tour, yet nothing of the sort has progressed beyond rumor. Shortly after Jeff Jampol (who serves as a consultant to the Jackson estate) took over management of Shakur’s estate, he downplayed the likelihood of a solo tour for the rapper.<br /><br />The illusory Jackson, on the other hand, is just one cog in a vast postmortem performance machine. The Michael Jackson Immortal World Tour grossed $160 million in it its initial leg, tops among all North American tours last year.<br /><br />The new Vegas-based show will be hard-pressed to match Immortal’s results, given that it’s based in a 1,800-seat venue, while the latter fills up basketball arenas.<br /><br />But if last night was any indication, ONE is headed in the right direction: according to sources close to the matter, all performances are sold out through the end of May at an average ticket price of about $125.<br /><br />The King of Pop pulled in $145 million in 2012—and now with two Cirque du Soleil shows and a hologram, this year’s number should stay in the stratosphere.<br /><br /><br /> hmm maybe it wasn't just a hologram:D

Comments

• curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    Have to wonder what era MJ is being used in this illusion!
  • iloveyoumoreiloveyoumore Posts: 307
    Thanks for the link ShyBleuEyes. Nice photos, the show looks great! I couldn't see the hologram in any of the pics though.. :(
  • There was a photo and a video of Tupac's hologram, why aren't there any photos or videos of Michael's???<br /><br />These 2 paragraphs sound very interesting:<br /><br />"When Jackson first appeared onstage, you could feel a swell of energy ripple through the sellout crowd at Mandalay Bay. It wasn’t accompanied by the volume level of some of the show’s other big moments, almost as if the audience was holding its collective breath to keep from shattering the fleeting sliver of hope that this was not an illusion, but the King of Pop himself.<br /><br />That’s the same sort of reaction that Tupac Shakur’s hologram received when it debuted at Coachella last year. Indeed, similar technology was used for both (technically, they’re illusions, not holograms). But Jackson’s actually danced and overlapped with cohorts onstage; Shakur’s merely rapped in the direction of Snoop Dogg, who was standing ten feet away."<br /><br />I want to add that this feels so good to read, and makes me happy in the midst of the trial and the allegations, this is just a Godsend.
  • AdiAdi Posts: 1,834
    on 1369298931:
    <br />The preview performances of Michael Jackson ONE start on May 23rd!  ---->  http://www.michaeljackson.com/us/michael-jackson-one<br /><br />May 23rd is World Turtle Day  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Turtle_Day <br /><br /> :icon_cool:<br /><br />34t936d.png<br /><br /> :icon_e_ugeek:<br />
    <br /><br />To add a touch more intrigue to my earlier post (above)  and  especially since Michael appeared as a hologram during the preview performance of ONE!  :icon_cool:<br /><br />Check this out from the cover of Michael......look closely or you might miss it .... lol <br /><br />23onmichae.jpg<br /><br />connecting dots......  :icon_e_ugeek:
  • OMG Faith and Adi It gave me goosebumps while reading your posts:<br /><br />1- Faith post :its collective breath to keep from shattering the fleeting sliver of hope that this was not an illusion, but the King of Pop himself.<br /><br />2- Adi post: On the Michael album cover there is a clear 23 (date of first the ONE show) + it was yesterday thursday same day of the week than day of MJ's death.<br /><br />What does it mean that Michael is actually performing in the flesh in the "Michael Jackson One"?? sorry  don't take my words at face value I must be dreaming  :icon_geek:
  • blankieblankie Posts: 2,350
    Wonderful  :bearhug:  Would be great to be there !!!!  :moonwalk_: Great L.O.V.E. emotions !!!  :michael-jackson:
  • The singer’s apparition materialized from a cloud of gold pixie dust and proceeded to deliver a rousing rendition of “Man In The Mirror.”<br />
    <br /><br />"Man In The Mirror" interesting choice. The hologram as a mirror reflection of Michael, while the real Michael is behind the curtain. :icon_cool:<br /><br />Apparently the Tupac hologram technology used at Coachella have now been improved to perfection in this show :icon_e_wink:. <br /><br />Oh how I wish I could see this!<br /><br />Great article!<br />
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    Just looking at the 50 pics, they did not look recognizable to anything MJ, except for the lean. :icon_e_sad:<br />I just would want to see more MJ-like. I could well imagine the "swell of energy" when the 'hologram' appeared. Everyone would be wishing wishing it was the real thing.
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    Look whos involved......[size=10pt]Travis Payne at 1:32[/size]<br /><br /><br />
    <br /><br />This is another preview to watch.....<br /><br />[ftp=ftp://www.extratv.com/2013/05/24/sneak-peek-cirque-du-soleils-michael-jackson-one/]http://www.extratv.com/2013/05/24/sneak-peek-cirque-du-soleils-michael-jackson-one/[/ftp]
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    [size=12pt]Watch this right to the end....they use MJ's voice from TII...talking about "Its a great adventure....etc...." [/size] <br /><br />
    <br /><br />
  • iloveyoumoreiloveyoumore Posts: 307
    http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2013/may/24/michael-jackson-one-cirque-du-soleil-best-and-incl/#axzz2UJCcUyRA<br /><br />John Branca:<br /> “We are so proud of this show. It could not really be any better, and yet this was our first preview. We’ll still tweak it, tinker with it, but to see and feel the joy, excitement and overwhelming approval from an audience that arrived from all over the world was fantastic. You thought Michael was alive again tonight onstage; I am convinced he was here in some way to watch this extraordinary night. It is beyond a success. It is the very best that could have been done.”<br /><br /> ;D I am convinced of that too<br /><br />
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    on 1369487295:
    <br />http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2013/may/24/michael-jackson-one-cirque-du-soleil-best-and-incl/#axzz2UJCcUyRA<br /><br />John Branca:<br /> “We are so proud of this show. It could not really be any better, and yet this was our first preview. We’ll still tweak it, tinker with it, but to see and feel the joy, excitement and overwhelming approval from an audience that arrived from all over the world was fantastic. You thought Michael was alive again tonight onstage; I am convinced he was here in some way to watch this extraordinary night. It is beyond a success. It is the very best that could have been done.”<br /><br /> ;D I am convinced of that too<br />
    <br /><br />Nice! I hope he was there, watching in disguise with no one the wiser! Love how Branca slipped that in there and also "Michael ... alive".  Awesome.<br /><br /><br />I would love to see the show, the hologram would be really cool.  But would seem a bit ... hollow ... compared to the real Michael.
  • on 1369487295:
    <br />http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2013/may/24/michael-jackson-one-cirque-du-soleil-best-and-incl/#axzz2UJCcUyRA<br /><br />John Branca:<br /> “We are so proud of this show. It could not really be any better, and yet this was our first preview. We’ll still tweak it, tinker with it, but to see and feel the joy, excitement and overwhelming approval from an audience that arrived from all over the world was fantastic. You thought Michael was alive again tonight onstage; I am convinced he was here in some way to watch this extraordinary night. It is beyond a success. It is the very best that could have been done.”<br /><br /> ;D I am convinced of that too<br />
    <br /><br />I am pretty sure Michael was there at least the day of the premiere May 23, YAY!!
  • finfinfinfin Posts: 648
    <br /><br />                                          [size=12pt]Here is a short link to see the MJ hologram - it can be seen right at the end - appears<br />                                          to be wearing gold pants!<br />                                          Plus sound can be heard if you click top left corner<br />[/size]<br />                                                           
    />                                                 
  • finfin, the link doesn't seem to work.
  • finfinfinfin Posts: 648
    on 1369501778:
    <br />finfin, the link doesn't seem to work.<br />
    <br /><br />If you let it upload for a minute - I think it should work  :) but if not try this one - but it does not seem to have sound <br /><br />
    and another link that may work
  • Thanks finfin.  It's from so far away, I wish there was a closeup shot like there was of Tupac.  Most probably one will turn up later. <br />
    on 1369413149:
    <br />
    on 1369298931:
    <br />The preview performances of Michael Jackson ONE start on May 23rd!  ---->  http://www.michaeljackson.com/us/michael-jackson-one<br /><br />May 23rd is World Turtle Day  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Turtle_Day <br /><br /> :icon_cool:<br /><br />34t936d.png<br /><br /> :icon_e_ugeek:<br />
    <br /><br />To add a touch more intrigue to my earlier post (above)  and  especially since Michael appeared as a hologram during the preview performance of ONE!  :icon_cool:<br /><br />Check this out from the cover of Michael......look closely or you might miss it .... lol <br /><br />23onmichae.jpg<br /><br />connecting dots......  :icon_e_ugeek:<br />
    <br /><br /><br />I've wondered about the number 23 on the Michael album cover.  The '23' isn't on the original Dangerous album cover, at least not that I can see.  I remember watching the Jim Carrey movie "The Number 23" years ago, about the main character becoming obsessed the number 23 ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Number_23 ), specifically the '23 enigma', which refers to "the belief that most incidents and events are directly connected to the number 23."  He becomes obsessed with the number after reading a book about the 23 enigma and how the main character's life in the book resembles his own.  I don't remember the movie that well but the description in wiki helps.  An example of this 23 enigma (from the movie) is how certain words or names will equal 23 if A=1, B=2 ... Z= 26. <br /><br />Maybe the 23 on the album cover is a reference to "there are no coincidences' ?  And the opening of MJ's ONE being on the 23rd is deliberate too?  <br /><br />Just for fun... MJ ... M=13 J=10 Added together MJ=23. Lol.
  • blankieblankie Posts: 2,350
    @ 2good2btrue  Watch this right to the end....they use MJ's voice from TII...talking about "Its a great adventure....etc...." <br /><br />                                                  ;D<br /><br /><br />Overall both the Estate Of Michael Jackson and Cirque Du Soleil have created a masterfully creative production. The show felt like it had been directed by Michael, it was big, it was loud, it was energetic, it was imaginative. The stage show will undoubtably be a success, because there’s so much to take in – you will find yourself wanting to go back again and again.<br /><br /> :icon_e_wink:                        http://mjstar.co.uk/index.php/2013/05/michaels-spirit-returns-for-michael-jackson-one/
  • on 1369525165:
    <br />@ 2good2btrue  Watch this right to the end....they use MJ's voice from TII...talking about "Its a great adventure....etc...." <br /><br />                                                  ;D<br /><br /><br />Overall both the Estate Of Michael Jackson and Cirque Du Soleil have created a masterfully creative production. The show felt like it had been directed by Michael, it was big, it was loud, it was energetic, it was imaginative. The stage show will undoubtably be a success, because there’s so much to take in – you will find yourself wanting to go back again and again.<br /><br /> :icon_e_wink:                        http://mjstar.co.uk/index.php/2013/05/michaels-spirit-returns-for-michael-jackson-one/<br />
    <br /><br />from http://mjstar.co.uk/index.php/2013/05/michaels-spirit-returns-for-michael-jackson-one/ :<br /><br />
    At times it feels like Michael himself is directing the show.
  • marumjjmarumjj Posts: 1,027
    would do anything to be there,<br />  Branca:<br />  "We are very proud of this show. This could not be better, however, this was our first preview. Yet we adjust it, play with it, but to see and feel the joy, excitement and the overwhelming approval of a public who came from all over the world was fantastic. you thought Michael was alive again on stage tonight, I am convinced that somehow I was here to see this extraordinary night.'s a success.'s the best I could have done. "I am convinced that also<br />  Me too, I'm convinced.  :)
    on 1369525945:
    <br />
    on 1369525165:
    <br />@ 2good2btrue  Watch this right to the end....they use MJ's voice from TII...talking about "Its a great adventure....etc...." <br /><br />                                                  ;D<br /><br /><br />Overall both the Estate Of Michael Jackson and Cirque Du Soleil have created a masterfully creative production. The show felt like it had been directed by Michael, it was big, it was loud, it was energetic, it was imaginative. The stage show will undoubtably be a success, because there’s so much to take in – you will find yourself wanting to go back again and again.<br /><br /> :icon_e_wink:                        http://mjstar.co.uk/index.php/2013/05/michaels-spirit-returns-for-michael-jackson-one/<br />
    <br /><br />from http://mjstar.co.uk/index.php/2013/05/michaels-spirit-returns-for-michael-jackson-one/ :<br /><br />
    At times it feels like Michael himself is directing the show.
    <br />
    <br /><br /><br />INDEED.    <br /><br /> :icon_bounce:  :Michael_Jackson_dancing_smile
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    Andrea<br />
    Maybe the 23 on the album cover is a reference to "there are no coincidences' ?  And the opening of MJ's ONE being on the 23rd is deliberate too?  <br /><br />Just for fun... MJ ... M=13 J=10 Added together MJ=23. Lol.
    <br />Perfect as usual!<br /><br />
    on 1369487295:
    <br />I was happy to hear his words!<br />Maybe x-factor hatman was there again sitting beside him.<br />2s60rqf.jpg<br /><br />It does sound like a wonderful show, and the hologram would be an extra thrill!<br />MJhologrammay2313_zpsed77c198.jpg
  • shortyshorty Posts: 211
    Hi guys, I don`t know where to post this, I have read this it stands as a comment under alphaba2 video from superER1. This sound very interesting.<br /><br />1) Originally, 10, then 50, but MJ asked to do just ONE show on a global scale, but AEG declined.<br /><br />2) MJ confidant told me that he had come up whith a last-minute plan to meet everybody`s needs. He wanted AEG to stage the TII show <br />as a one-night world spectacular-the largest one-time pop music event in history.<br />It would be produced live from London, and it would be available in movies theaters, arenas and concert halls around the world simultaneously<br />with immediate CD and DVD release.