Michael Jackson's Grave FLOWERS EVERYWHERE On Death Anniversary

iloveyoumoreiloveyoumore Posts: 307
edited January 1970 in News
000_zps587d8a5f.jpg<br /><br />Michael Jackson passed away 4 years ago today -- you probably forgot ... but MJ's biggest fans definitely did not, leaving massive piles of flowers outside the King of Pop's mausoleum today.<br /><br />To give you an idea, one MJ fan group -- called "One Rose for Michael Jackson" -- donated more than 10,000 roses to the grave site.<br /><br />A rep for Forest Lawn cemetery tells TMZ, fans will continue to be allowed to place flowers at MJ's grave throughout the day ... and the flowers will remain on site for the rest of the week.<br /><br />TMZ broke the story ... Jackson died from a fatal dose of Propofol on June 25th, 2009. His doctor is currently in jail.<br /><br />00_zps61bc298f.jpg<br /><br />http://www.tmz.com/2013/06/25/michael-jacksons-grave-flowers-anniversary-death/#ixzz2XG3ZUpno<br /><br />

Comments

• Snoopy71Snoopy71 Posts: 952
    How pretty!  smiley-love029.gif
  • iloveyoumoreiloveyoumore Posts: 307
    I think it's kind of cute that TMZ posted this. They clearly seem to like Michael.  :icon_e_biggrin:<br /><br />I wonder which one of those roses is mine. I sent one even though he's alive. Lol.<br /><br />
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    <br />I see this article as TMZ saying "In case you forgot what today was..."
  • blankieblankie Posts: 2,350
    on 1372197493:
    <br /> I see this article as TMZ saying "In case you forgot what today was..."<br />
    <br /><br /><br />Evcatly!!!  :icon_mrgreen:  :moonwalk_: :michael_jackson-1135: :icon_bounce:
  • suspicious mindsuspicious mind Posts: 5,984
    humm no big family presence today ?
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    TMZ does not have more photos :icon_question:, i'd like to see if it is the same group of fans always
  • Love4MichaelLove4Michael Posts: 398
    [size=12pt]The pic I saw was beautiful and I guess it's a loving tribute...but I can't help but think what a waste of money in reality.  I would think Michael would prefer a campaign to raise money for a childrens camp, shelter or hospital than for flowers that will be wilted and gone pretty quickly.  I guess I'm just the neighborhood practicality scrooge today  :icon_e_confused:.[/size]
  • on 1372212110:
    <br />[size=12pt]The pic I saw was beautiful and I guess it's a loving tribute...but I can't help but think what a waste of money in reality.  I would think Michael would prefer a campaign to raise money for a childrens camp, shelter or hospital than for flowers that will be wilted and gone pretty quickly.  I guess I'm just the neighborhood practicality scrooge today  :icon_e_confused:.[/size]<br />
    <br /><br />Love4Michael - you are not alone. I had the same initial reaction. But then I realized that sometimes it's nice to shower the person you love even if they don't ask for it. Those flowers are beautiful - I can't think of any other artist who has such loving and loyal supporters. But then is there any more deserving? Hugs and blessings to you.<br /><br />Yes, leave it to TMZ to "remind" the world (as if there needs to be a reminder)? Where are the reminders about Farrah Fawcett?<br /><br />PS Michael - we miss you and still stand behind you. L.O.V.E.
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    on 1372212110:
    <br />[size=12pt]The pic I saw was beautiful and I guess it's a loving tribute...but I can't help but think what a waste of money in reality.  I would think Michael would prefer a campaign to raise money for a childrens camp, shelter or hospital than for flowers that will be wilted and gone pretty quickly.  I guess I'm just the neighborhood practicality scrooge today  :icon_e_confused:.[/size]<br />
    <br /><br />Yep. I'm hearing ya. I think the same way. Nice tribute....but a waste of resources that could be better utilized. JMO though.
  • diggyondiggyon Posts: 1,376
    No hatman 1, no hatman 2, no blond lady, no Mr. Magoo.... I love it when MJ walks around in disguise and fools everybody! I laugh my head off! lol.
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    More pictures can be found here....<br /><br />https://www.facebook.com/MJFSC#!/MJFSC/photos_stream
  • taty_2crazytaty_2crazy Posts: 290
    on 1372212110:
    <br /><br />I agree with you on this .A big waste of money. :icon_e_sad:
  • gwynnedgwynned Posts: 1,361
    Don't worry about the waste of money.  Looks completely shopped to me.  And how weird -and in rather bad taste - is it that they have a MJ 'impersonator' in the center. 
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    Could they not have the roses there for the great show of love, and then have the flowers delivered to hospitals everywhere, in MJ's name. What a thrill for those shut-in and lonely. In fact I'm guessing this is the case.
  • on 1372392460:
    <br />Could they not have the roses there for the great show of love, and then have the flowers delivered to hospitals everywhere, in MJ's name. What a thrill for those shut-in and lonely. In fact I'm guessing this is the case.<br />
    <br /><br />That would have been a great tribute to MJ, for sure. I wonder if it's possible to suggest that for next year (if MJ's not BACK by then)....
  • <br /><br />According to their information on their blog they plan on donating the roses but according to the article from TMZ:<br />"A rep for Forest Lawn cemetery tells TMZ, fans will continue to be allowed to place flowers at MJ's grave throughout the day ... and the flowers will remain on site for the rest of the week"<br /><br />However, here is what the One Rose For MJ Blog says about the roses:<br /><br /><br />"Last year, as many of you may recall, #OneRose4MJJ used the roses sent to Michael in a gesture to pay it forward. On June 26th, various buckets of the roses that were sent to Michael were taken to battered women’s shelters, elderly homes, and even to Lullaby Land and Babyland at Forest Lawn. The plan is to do the same this year as well.<br /> <br />In addition, #OneRose4MJJ has partnered with the MJJJustice Project and Stop Global Airwave Abuse to further use our gesture of love as a means to pay it forward. For every 1,000 roses purchased, MJJJustice Project and Stop Global Airwave Abuse will donate to our three charities. continuing Michael’s long legacy of humanitarianism!"<br /><br />http://onerose4mjj.blogspot.com/2013/04/purchasing-rose-for-june-25-2013.html
  • iloveyoumoreiloveyoumore Posts: 307
    on 1372396482:
    <br /> <br />According to their information on their blog they plan on donating the roses but according to the article from TMZ:<br />"A rep for Forest Lawn cemetery tells TMZ, fans will continue to be allowed to place flowers at MJ's grave throughout the day ... and the flowers will remain on site for the rest of the week"<br /><br />However, here is what the One Rose For MJ Blog says about the roses:<br /><br /><br />"Last year, as many of you may recall, #OneRose4MJJ used the roses sent to Michael in a gesture to pay it forward. On June 26th, various buckets of the roses that were sent to Michael were taken to battered women’s shelters, elderly homes, and even to Lullaby Land and Babyland at Forest Lawn. The plan is to do the same this year as well.<br /> <br />In addition, #OneRose4MJJ has partnered with the MJJJustice Project and Stop Global Airwave Abuse to further use our gesture of love as a means to pay it forward. For every 1,000 roses purchased, MJJJustice Project and Stop Global Airwave Abuse will donate to our three charities. continuing Michael’s long legacy of humanitarianism!"<br /><br />http://onerose4mjj.blogspot.com/2013/04/purchasing-rose-for-june-25-2013.html<br />
    <br /><br />True <br /><br />"OneRose4MJJ supports year round: UNICEF, St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital, and the American Vitiligo Research Foundation. Taking One Rose for Michael and using it to pay it forward and provide a childhood of hope for those in need."<br /><br />happy-kitten-smiley-emoticon.gif ❤<br /><br />