Michael Jackson's bent spoon for Uri Geller sells for £500

flory24flory24 Posts: 129
<br />The spoon was given to Uri Geller by his best man Michael Jackson on the day Geller renewed his wedding vows at his house in Sonning<br /><br />The late singer gave the spoon when he acted as best man at mystic Geller's ceremony to renew his wedding vows at his home in Sonning, Berkshire.<br /><br />The item was one of many celebrities living in Berkshire and Oxfordshire donated to a charity auction in aid of Windsor's Thames Hospicecare.<br /><br />Some carpet from the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's wedding fetched £100.<br /><br />The auction took place at The Flowing Spring pub in Playhatch, Oxfordshire.<br /><br /><br />On the spoon Geller, who lives in Sonning and rose to fame by bending spoons on TV, wrote: "7 March 2001 M.J. gave me this spoon. Uri Geller".<br /><br /><br />http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-23911170<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />

Comments

• Good gravy....$780 bucks for a spoon?!.........a spoon?!  :icon_eek:  <br /><br />Are MJ's lip prints still on it?....fingerprints?....autograph?....what?....I don't get it.   :suspect:<br /><br />....the things people buy. :icon_e_confused:<br /><br /><br />If it were me:  I'd use $780 ---->(New dining table, two dining chairs, plates, glasses, silverware, linens, food, flowers, wine)<br /><br /><br />....of course Michael coming to dinner....PRICELESS! :icon_lol:<br /><br />
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    Don't trust Mr Geller one bit. An appropriate gift for a s##t stirrer .