Aloe Blacc - Is he The Man?

gwynnedgwynned Posts: 1,361
edited January 1970 in General Hoax Investigation
I was listening to the radio the other day and heard for the first time the very catchy song, "The Man.'  My ears perked up when he kept repeating, "I'm the man, I'm the man."  But what really got my attention were these lyrics.  <br /><br />Stand up now and face the sun<br />Won’t hide my tail or turn and run<br />It’s time to do what must be done<br />Be a king when kingdom comes  :WTF:<br /><br />I wasn't familiar with the artist, so was rather shocked to see the cover of his new album Lift Your Spirit<br /><br />XaIFrpOwfaz21ca28qlyQGTki02AZWj5ml9yBke3NQb2iUBjR9P9RY3R08EJIzrYHjO8pQ=s85<br /><br />MJ rip off pose if I ever saw one.  Or is it an indication that he is now speaking for Michael whose voice is temporarily quieted?<br /><br />Great song either way 

Comments

• SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    Lyrics are purely religious, nothing to do with MJ imo.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• marumjjmarumjj Posts: 1,027
    The lyrics, I think religious, do not think it has any connection to MJ.  :bearhug:
  • gwynnedgwynned Posts: 1,361
    You need to look at the album cover.  <br /><br />http://www.im1music.se/2013/10/27/aloe-blacc-lift-your-spirit<br /><br />To me, it's a rip off of Michael's This Is It poster. 
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    on 1393646273:
    <br />You need to look at the album cover.  <br /><br />http://www.im1music.se/2013/10/27/aloe-blacc-lift-your-spirit<br /><br />To me, it's a rip off of Michael's This Is It poster. <br />
    <br /><br />Doesn't look anything like the TII poster imo.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."