billboard awards

suspicious mindsuspicious mind Posts: 5,984
edited May 2014 in News
http://www.billboard.com/articles/events/bbma-2014/6077688/michael-jackson-to-unleash-world-premiere-experience-at-billboard<br /><br />The Estate of Michael Jackson created the spot, which will present the superstar “like you’ve never seen him before.”<br /><br />Michael Jackson will create another slice of history at this year’s Billboard Music Awards.<br /><br /><br /><br />On what already promises to be one of the year’s stand-out music events, the 2014 BBMAs raise the bar even higher with a world premiere experience featuring the late King of Pop.<br /><br />The Estate of Michael Jackson created the spot, which will present the superstar “like you’ve never seen him before.”<br /><br />It’s sure to be a thriller, but the finer details remains under lock-and-key. <br /><br />This year's ceremony will be held Sunday, May 18 in Las Vegas. ABC will broadcast the show live from the MGM Grand Garden Arena and Yahoo will be streaming the red carpet show.<br /><br />Performers on the night include Miley Cyrus, Ricky Martin, Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull, 5 Seconds of Summer, Florida Georgia Line, Jason Derulo, Imagine Dragons, Luke Bryan, John Legend, OneRepublic, Miranda Lambert and Carrie Underwood. Presenters for the event include Jordin Sparks, Kelly Rowland, Pete Wentz and Wiz Khalifa, among others.<br /><br />Bringing Michael Jackson Back: The Inside Story of 'Xscape' (Cover Story)<br /><br />The BBMAs provide a high-profile launch pad for MJ’s posthumous album “Xscape,” which comes out May 13. <br /><br />“Xscape” is eight tracks of Jackson vocals set to new music from Rodney Jerkins, Stargate, John McClain, J-Roc and Timbaland who is executive producer of the album. The originals they worked with were recorded from 1983 to 1999.<br /><br />The first single from the album, “Love Never Felt So Good,” produced by MJ, John McClain, Giorgio Tuinfort and Paul Anka, was released last week. A duet version of “Love Never Felt So Good,” with Michael Jackson and Justin Timberlake, produced by Timberlake, Timbaland and Jerome “J-Roc” Harmon, appeared soon after. <br /><br /><br /><br />A second track, “Chicago,” hit the web earlier this week.  “Chicago” is one of five tracks Timbaland oversaw on the album with his collaborator J-Roc.<br /><br />For additional information on the 2014 Billboard Music Awards visit us at billboardmusicawards.com or the Billboard hub at billboard.com/bbma.<br /><br /><br /><br />forgive me if this is not new or doesn't belong in this section. i just don't know where to put things anymore.  :-[

Comments

• blankieblankie Posts: 2,350
    Very interesting!!!  :icon_razz: Thanks for sharing Suspicious!!!  :icon_razz:<br /><br />This logo for Escape reminds me  the logo of  This is it !!!  :icon_bounce: :icon_e_wink:
  • michaelsladymichaelslady Posts: 279
    Can't wait to see this so called "halogram". We believers already know whats going on.  ;DThought this was interesting toohttp://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6077455/michael-jackson-billboard-cover-story-xscape-full-album-details
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    http://www.showbiz411.com/2014/05/08/michael-jackson-may-appear-as-performing-hologram-on-tv-music-awards-show<br /><br />[size=18pt]Michael Jackson may appear as Performing  Hologram<br />on TV Music Awards Show[/size]<br />Roger Friedman  May 8, 2014.<br /><br />EXCLUSIVE He isn’t dead five years, but Michael Jackson is coming back to perform on TV. I’m told that Jackson will appear on the Billboard Music Awards as a dancing, singing hologram to promote his new “Xscape” album. Sources say Jackson will appear “through an amazing new technology.” The show airs on May 18th. Is it exploitation or just something cool? Or ghoul?<br /><br />The technology for this “once in a lifetime event” that was referred to in a press release this morning may be coming from a Japanese company in which Sony Music is an investor. There are already hologram music videos on YouTube. There’s also been speculation that soon holograms would be used by living performers. But dead ones? The possibility of seeing Elvis and all other deceased stars is a startling one at best.<br /><br />Something similar was done with Tupac Shakur as a CGI kind of hologram at the Coachella Music Festival in 2012. But as far as I know, no one’s done that on TV.<br /><br />Production staff associated with the Billboard Music Awards have been sworn to absolute secrecy– and say they haven’t been told very much at all. But an insider tells me that the description of Michael as a hologram “is not wrong.”<br /><br />It’s unclear whether Jackson’s hologram or technological self would perform alone or interact with someone from his new album– like Justin Timberlake. Timberlake was grafted onto a 30 year old recording of Jackson singing a Paul Anka song on the new album. I guess anything is possible.<br /><br />And how will Jackson’s family feel seeing their father, son, brother back on stage?
  • ShyBleuEyesShyBleuEyes Posts: 623
    is this the same Friedman who "Back" was refering at when he said Friedman is Fat!? lol<br />What does it mean in the article when he said holgram or! thechnically  self?? isnt't that a strange sentence?<br /><br /><br />i am curious what might happen at the awards, i would like to see the hologram of MJ, i liked the Coachella hologram appearance of Tupac aswell, although it wasen't perfect.maybe they improved it. looking forward to it and hope Friedman's source has it right.<br /><br />
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    I thought the same @Shy. there is some odd wording in that article.....and yes that is the same Roger Friedman mentioned in  Back's post. <br />What is a technological self? <br />My imagination is going crazy dreaming up some enhanced cyborg type of MJ  :icon_geek: Nah.....I'm only kidding.  :icon_e_confused: I think.
  • Thriller4everThriller4ever Posts: 875
    Hologram is itself technology, what other technology is he referring to? i'm thinking moonwalker lol
    on 1399621829:
    <br />I thought the same @Shy. there is some odd wording in that article.....and yes that is the same Roger Friedman mentioned in  Back's post. <br />What is a technological self? <br />My imagination is going crazy dreaming up some enhanced cyborg type of MJ  :icon_geek: Nah.....I'm only kidding.  :icon_e_confused: I think.<br />
    <br /><br /> :LolLolLolLol:<br /><br />Thank you RK for confirming about Friedman.<br /><br />@thriller ; i havent got a clue, but it's clear when you read the article, that it's about something else  because of the word "or".<br /><br />Although Friedman is Media, one thing i learned this past years is, to not trust any of them.<br /><br />
  • suspicious mindsuspicious mind Posts: 5,984
    i might have overlooked it and i can't believe i hadn't thought of it myself until now but is there any feedback from the family on this album or event?
  • marumjjmarumjj Posts: 1,027
    on 1399611610:
    <br />http://www.showbiz411.com/2014/05/08/michael-jackson-may-appear-as-performing-hologram-on-tv-music-awards-show<br /><br />[size=18pt]Michael Jackson may appear as Performing  Hologram<br />on TV Music Awards Show[/size]<br />Roger Friedman  May 8, 2014.<br /><br />EXCLUSIVE [size=10pt]He isn’t dead five years, but Michael Jackson is coming back to perform on TV.[/size] I’m told that Jackson will appear on the Billboard Music Awards as a dancing, singing hologram to promote his new “Xscape” album. Sources say Jackson will appear “through an amazing new technology.” The show airs on May 18th. Is it exploitation or just something cool? Or ghoul?<br /><br />The technology for this “once in a lifetime event” that was referred to in a press release this morning may be coming from a Japanese company in which Sony Music is an investor. There are already hologram music videos on YouTube. There’s also been speculation that soon holograms would be used by living performers. But dead ones? The possibility of seeing Elvis and all other deceased stars is a startling one at best.<br /><br />Something similar was done with Tupac Shakur as a CGI kind of hologram at the Coachella Music Festival in 2012. But as far as I know, no one’s done that on TV.<br /><br />Production staff associated with the Billboard Music Awards have been sworn to absolute secrecy– and say they haven’t been told very much at all. But an insider tells me that the description of Michael as a hologram “is not wrong.”<br /><br />It’s unclear whether Jackson’s hologram or technological self would perform alone or interact with someone from his new album– like Justin Timberlake. Timberlake was grafted onto a 30 year old recording of Jackson singing a Paul Anka song on the new album. I guess anything is possible.<br /><br />And how will Jackson’s family feel seeing their father, son, brother back on stage?<br />
    <br /><br />Many advertise to finish with a hologram that already saw before. Perhaps this technological self, goes further than just a hologram and see MJ "almost" real. He isn’t dead five years, but Michael Jackson is coming back to perform on TV??  :WTF:<br />
  • Okay AnnieOkay Annie Posts: 47
    on 1399611610:
    <br />http://www.showbiz411.com/2014/05/08/michael-jackson-may-appear-as-performing-hologram-on-tv-music-awards-show<br /><br />[size=18pt]Michael Jackson may appear as Performing  Hologram<br />on TV Music Awards Show[/size]<br />Roger Friedman  May 8, 2014.<br /><br />EXCLUSIVE He isn’t dead five years, ...<br /><br />Intresting choice of words
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    on 1399754360:
    <br />i might have overlooked it and i can't believe i hadn't thought of it myself until now but is there any feedback from the family on this album or event?<br />
    <br /><br />Well, after your comment, TMZ posted this: http://www.tmz.com/2014/05/11/jermaine-jackson-michael-jackson-music/ LOL!
  • ToveTove Posts: 75
    Excuse me, I don't realize this hologram thing totally. Correct me if I'm wrong but I've understood that creating a hologram needs a "living model" that is shown at some other place as a hologram?  I'm sure that todays technigues allows that the model to hologram could somer perfomer that would be changed as Michael to hologram. But isn't it quite odd that most shown hologram perfomers are Michael and Tupac.<br /><br />Oh, the link to the news about MJ-hologram at Billboard Music Award http://mjvibe.com/News/2014/05/13/exclusive-michael-jacksons-hologram-will-be-a-slave-to-the-rhythm/
    Tove, i think it would be possible with old material, next question arrise has MJ ever performed Slave to the rythem, because the article says that would be the song tho?<br /><br /><br /><br />
    <br /><br />Celine dion performing with Elvis. although i am not sure this is a holgram or just montage.<br /><br />
  • applehead250609applehead250609 Posts: 2,615
    on 1400052579:
    <br />
    on 1399754360:
    <br />i might have overlooked it and i can't believe i hadn't thought of it myself until now but is there any feedback from the family on this album or event?<br />
    <br /><br />[size=18pt]Well, after your comment, TMZ posted this: http://www.tmz.com/2014/05/11/jermaine-jackson-michael-jackson-music/ LOL!<br />
    [/size]<br /><br />
    <br /><br />Fair enough  ;D ,cause this a Sony project  :images:  :icon_rolleyes:,and  it has nothing to do with the Jackson family  .
  • Thriller4everThriller4ever Posts: 875
    Michael's hologram was supposedly captured sometime in the bad era...i'll post the link if I find it. I'm not sure how they'll make the hologram in sync with the song, and by that I mean the lip movement.<br /><br />edit:<br /><br />@TOVE ;   I merged the topics as both of them are about hologram/billboard awards.
  • Would a hologram count as light man? The cover of Xscape ,kind of looks like a hologram with Mj peeking out of it.<br />hologram = a negative produced by exposing a high-resolution photographic plate, without camera or lens, near a subject illuminated by monochromatic, coherent radiation, as from a laser: when it is placed in a beam of coherent light a true three-dimensional image of the subject is formed.
  • ToveTove Posts: 75
    It's quite hard to find anything good information about how the holograms are in fact made. But anyway, i fint it intresting that the most known holograms are Tupac, MJ & Elvis :D <br /><br />I found something intrestin about holograms (beside that the whole universe is infact a hologram):<br /><br />According to the Air Force the holographic projectors capabilities are:<br /><br />* Precision projection of 3-D visual images into a selected area<br />* Supports PSYOP and strategic deception management<br />* Provides deception and cloaking against optical sensor<br /><br />The Pentagon listed the holographic projections project openly on the Air Force site as part of it's "non-lethal" weapons program. Air Force Hologram Project<br />Excerpt from: INSS Occasional Paper 15, USAF Institute for National Security Studies, USAF Academy, Colorado<br />INSS First look for publications, then occasional papers, then occasional paper fifteen, then find section K.<br /><br />"NONLETHAL WEAPONS: TERMS AND REFERENCES"<br />Section "K: Holograms"<br /><br />"Hologram, Death: Hologram used to scare a target individual to death. Example, a drug lord with a weak heart sees the ghost of his dead rival appearing at his bedside and dies of fright."<br /><br />"Hologram, Prophet: The projection of the image of an ancient god over an enemy capitol whose public communications have been seized and used against it in a massive psychological operation."<br /><br />"Hologram, Soldiers-Forces: The projection of soldier-force images which make an opponent think more allied forces exist than actually do, make an opponent believe that allied forces are located in a region where none actually exist, and/or provide false targets for his weapons to fire upon."<br />
  • warrior999warrior999 Posts: 80
    I have watched it right before but not in the best Quality.<br /><br />It looked like more than on a Screen it wasn´t bad but it looked more like an double but like I wrote haven´t best Quality maybe we get some vid from someone maybe a YouTube vid. It wasn´t Long 4-5 minutes Slave to the Rhythm performed.<br /><br />We can discuss it after we have seen it more in better Quality looking Forward what you all think of it. But have thought something more of it sorry but only 4-5 min. seems shortly tv history really :WTF: maybe it better Quality it Looks nicier.<br /><br />I also think it sounds not live so I don´t know if anyone have seen it and can say more if a other view of Michael Live or performing live etc. so for my taste it looked as a Video on a Screen but ??? maybe some have seen more Details in better Quality.<br /><br />I try to get it complete later if someone put in online or search if some Clip is been found. A bam it wasn´t really if not something Special happened after it cause it goes over an hour to 5:00 here and it is 3:41 a.m. and I go to bed love all it was nice but not so really big like they do for mopinion. :bearhug: :michael-jackson: :moonwalk_: :abouttime: :abouttime:
  • trublutrublu Posts: 1,011
    I don't understand why they have bothered to do a hologram of an impersonator? Unless that was not a hologram and just the impersonator performing there would make more sense.
  • likemikelikemike Posts: 105
    /><br />I'm sorry that was an impersonator. WTF!
  • michaelsladymichaelslady Posts: 279
    I am sooooo disappointed. This was NOT MJ in this hologram. Why do they seem to keep destroying him in every way possible? I think the audience was shocked and confused. I was like "wth, MJ has never been that short" :Pulling_hair:. I am confused about this entire thing. Why are they leaving his name off of the cover of the new album and now have basically changed his look too. My heart is hurting tonight. Its like they want to get rid of the image that the world has of him. But still want the financial gain of the brand/image.  :'(
  • willddoMJwillddoMJ Posts: 699
    we wait and see what tmz says about it
  • suspicious mindsuspicious mind Posts: 5,984
    ummm is it possible the whole point was for everyone to know it wasn't him  >:(  and why so much attention on the audience reaction?
  • I still liked the performance and I just LOVE Michael singing "STTR".  I think it was some Michael and some impersonator.