BMAs Planning Spectacular MJ Moment That Will "Make TV History"

RememberHisTimeRememberHisTime Posts: 98
edited January 1970 in News
From: http://www.toofab.com/2014/05/15/michael-jackson-billboard-music-awards/<br /><br />[size=18pt][size=10pt][gfont=Finger Paint]Billboard Music Awards Planning "Spectacular" Michael Jackson Moment That Will "Make TV History"[/gfont][/size][/size]<br /><br />Is Michael Jackson returning to the stage?<br /><br />toofab has learned there's a top-secret, hush-hush MJ "moment" going down at this weekend's Billboard Music Awards. While the details are mysterious, we're told it's not a "tribute" from other performers and any speculation already out in the press is "wrong." <br /><br />The Estate of Michael Jackson was present at a closed dress rehearsal for the "moment" at 6:30pm on Thursday in Las Vegas -- and we're told everyone watching had to sign a non-disclosure agreement in order to keep the specifics under wraps.<br /><br />Here's what we do know ...<br /><br />- Insiders describe the spot as "a world on stage that captures the essence of Michael, all the excitement and magic that is MJ." <br /><br />- It will also include music from Jackson's posthumus "Xscape" album, which was just released worldwide on Tuesday.<br /><br />- We're told it'll make stunts like 2Pac's now infamous hologram performance at Coachella look "like a 1980s video game."<br /><br />All will be revealed on Sunday night, when the Billboard Music Awards go down at 8pm on ABC.<br /><br />Published 05.15.14<br /><br />What do you guys think? It sounds pretty bammy to me but I'm not going to get my hopes up. I suspect it's just another hologram... although the article purports that all media speculation is wrong about the performance, they do seem to suggest a comparison to Tupac's hologram. Would a "better hologram" really be all that exciting?<br />

Comments

• ShyBleuEyesShyBleuEyes Posts: 623
    on 1400234032:
    <br />From: http://www.toofab.com/2014/05/15/michael-jackson-billboard-music-awards/<br /><br />[size=18pt][size=10pt][gfont=Finger Paint]Billboard Music Awards Planning "Spectacular" Michael Jackson Moment That Will "Make TV History"[/gfont][/size][/size]<br /><br />Is Michael Jackson returning to the stage?<br /><br />toofab has learned there's a top-secret, hush-hush MJ "moment" going down at this weekend's Billboard Music Awards. While the details are mysterious, we're told it's not a "tribute" from other performers and any speculation already out in the press is "wrong." <br /><br />The Estate of Michael Jackson was present at a closed dress rehearsal for the "moment" at 6:30pm on Thursday in Las Vegas -- and we're told everyone watching had to[size=12pt] sign a non-disclosure agreement[/size] in order to keep the specifics under wraps.<br /><br />Here's what we do know ...<br /><br />- Insiders describe the spot as "a world on stage that captures the essence of Michael, all the excitement and magic that is MJ." <br /><br />- It will also include music from Jackson's posthumus "Xscape" album, which was just released worldwide on Tuesday.<br /><br />- We're told it'll make stunts like 2Pac's now infamous hologram performance at Coachella look "like a 1980s video game."<br /><br />All will be revealed on Sunday night, when the Billboard Music Awards go down at 8pm on ABC.<br /><br />Published 05.15.14<br /><br />What do you guys think? It sounds pretty bammy to me but I'm not going to get my hopes up. I suspect it's just another hologram... although the article purports that all media speculation is wrong about the performance, they do seem to suggest a comparison to Tupac's hologram. Would a "better hologram" really be all that exciting?<br />
    <br /><br /> i do feel the same, and why do the ones who were present , have to sign an agreement, the hologram story was already out, so that wasent a secret anymore... i also keep in mind that we have been dissapointed in the past, although i do also like the excitement feeling about this...
  • ShyBleuEyesShyBleuEyes Posts: 623
    if you add the digits, doesn't that make a 7? i am not good at numbers, but imo it does...
  • 5/15/2014<br /><br />5+1+5+2+0+1+4 = 18 = 1+8 = 9<br /><br />;)
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    Maybe.....maybe not. <br />I think we've learned  not to get over- excited about these possibilities anymore. A long wait will do that to you....just sayin'  :icon_e_sad:<br />Reminds me of Loyd's odds . What were they? 1 in a million? But still a chance.<br /><br />chance.jpg<br />
  • Exactly. There can always be delays..<br /><br />And that came from MJ himself (in the comments from TS' final sign/update).<br /><br />Though I know how this board feels about TS lol
  • blankieblankie Posts: 2,350
    Michael has accustomed us to this : periods of silence and periods of great movement....and , as always, waiting for !!!  :icon_bounce: :moonwalk_:
  • gwynnedgwynned Posts: 1,361
    I'm trying not to get my hopes up either but I can't wipe that smile off my face!  The first sentence is rather odd: Is Michael Jackson returning to the stage?<br /><br /><br />It is hard for me to think like a person who was a fan and who thinks he is dead, but I have to think that wording - playing with people's feelings even just slightly - is in poor taste at the least.  Michael is so clever with words, we never quite have the smoking gun we're looking for, do we?  On the other hand, I have noticed much more publicity for Xscape than for Michael, especially with that really upbeat video with Timberlake and a fabulous Cirque Immortal tribute to Blue Gangsta.  And now this.  I can't imagine how we will all feel if he BAMmed at the BMAs.  <br />