Michael Jackson hologram to tour the world?

MaryKMaryK Posts: 1,732
edited January 1970 in News
[size=14pt]Michael Jackson hologram to tour the world?[/size]<br />by Bang Showbiz | 20 May 2014<br /><br />A hologram of Michael Jackson could be set to tour the world after a successful performance at the Billboard Music Awards. The two-year tour could make half a billion dollars.<br /><br />Michael Jackson is set to tour the world again - as a hologram.<br /><br />The late King of Pop, who was resurrected onstage at the Billboard Music Awards on Sunday night (18.05.14) thanks to advanced technology, could wow fans across the globe again five years after his death.<br /><br />The producers behind the special effects extravaganza want to take their show on the road for a two-year tour and are predicted to make half a billion dollars.<br /><br />A source told the Daily Star newspaper: ''It's only a matter of time before a hologram like this goes on tour. Public appetite for Michael Jackson's music has never been greater and this is a unique way of experiencing his magic.''<br /><br />The hologram performance at the Billboard Music Awards follows the success of a new posthumous Michael Jackson album, 'Xscape', which recently topped the charts in the UK.<br /><br />John Branca, the executor of the singer's estate, added: ''It's so important to experience Michael Jackson in a live setting. We wanted a live performance in front of a live audience.''<br /><br />It took four months to put together the lavish special effects show, which saw Michael's hologram gyrate and moonwalk on stage to new song 'Slave to the Rhythm'.<br /><br />The late singer's choreographers, Rich and Tone Talauega, were behind the dance moves.<br /><br />http://www.contactmusic.com/story/michael-jackson-hologram-to-tour-the-world_4204960?track=mail_news

Comments

• SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    Which dance moves?

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• becbec Posts: 6,387
    Lol @Souza.
  • MaryKMaryK Posts: 1,732
    :icon_lol:<br /><br />Well @bec, isn´t that in line with your thoughts about the "age-appropriate" choreography?  :icon_e_wink:<br /><br />Wouldn´t this be what we call "semi-retirement" nowadays?  :LolLolLolLol:<br /><br />Sorry MJ  :icon_e_biggrin:
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    @Mary, I would call that semi-retirement, sure. 
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    Are they talking about the back up dancers moves?  Cause they spectacularly out- danced this 'hologram MJ'
  • blankieblankie Posts: 2,350
    Public appetite for Michael Jackson's music has never been greater and this is a unique way of experiencing his magic.''<br /><br />Absolutely not  :icon_evil:  <br /><br />I find the magic of Michael  watching his videos, his concerts , his dance and his voice.<br /><br />Listening to his songs and his music , just so.....  :michael-jackson: <br />
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    MaryK, LOL at 'age-appropriate choreography'!  Nothing wrong with that IMO, in fact should be applauded. (I'd feel uncomfortable with a 50+ year old doing 'Come Together' for example!  :icon_redface:)<br /><br />Can't help but remember that 'a performing on stage' MJ, was something hoaxers generally thought we'd seen the last of.  Maybe we still have, (if this is some kind of technological illusion created to replace the 'real deal'), or maybe not ... who knows?!!<br /><br />Think I just lost my jaded feeling!
  • Thriller4everThriller4ever Posts: 875
    if the hologram is gonna look like the impersonator, then a big no.<br />
  • willddoMJwillddoMJ Posts: 699
    there an impersonator that playa of every continent of the world, why bother having this "hologram" play around world limited in the dance moves it can do
  • ToveTove Posts: 75
    Well, i think that if Michael is behind this hologram world tour it is going to be something spectacular and it's gonna take to whole new level. Xscape album had so much more movie soundtrack likeness that it is reasonable to assume that it's been made by purpose and there is going to be some extraordinary hologram(or whatever)show around it. This is quite genious actually, why to risk his life and to the hard tour performing live when he can do a perfect show (as a perfectionist) and use technologien that showbiz haven't already used thousand times. He was after directing, maybe this is it. I'm waiting with positive vibes!<br /><br />(let's not tease him anymore with the old man moves talk  ;D)
  • reveron1958reveron1958 Posts: 514
    A polite "no thank you" from me  ;D
  • MaryKMaryK Posts: 1,732
    on 1400606109:
    <br />MaryK, LOL at 'age-appropriate choreography'!  Nothing wrong with that IMO, in fact should be applauded. (I'd feel uncomfortable with a 50+ year old doing 'Come Together' for example!  :icon_redface:)<br /><br />Can't help but remember that 'a performing on stage' MJ, was something hoaxers generally thought we'd seen the last of.  Maybe we still have, (if this is some kind of technological illusion created to replace the 'real deal'), or maybe not ... who knows?!!<br /><br />Think I just lost my jaded feeling!<br />
    <br /><br /> :icon_e_biggrin: Oh no no, of course not. Nothing wrong with that!
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    I personally  wouldn't attend  'virtual Michael's' concerts. <br />Having everything cued to happen with the technology would  be a dampener for  simple live venue spontaneity .  It would have to be a  tightly orchestrated fit to have  all aspects of the show , human and technology, run together like clockwork. I am no fan of that.<br /> Not to mention that there is Michael's presence, his own energy that would be absent and I think this is the major point against the idea  being successful. Lacking in his essence, the whole contrived thing leave a 'soulless' feeling for the viewer. 
    soulless, that's the word. completely agree with u RK.  <br />
  • suspicious mindsuspicious mind Posts: 5,984
    on 1400598346:
    <br />[size=14pt]Michael Jackson hologram to tour the world?[/size]<br />by Bang Showbiz | 20 May 2014<br /><br />A hologram of Michael Jackson could be set to tour the world after a successful performance at the Billboard Music Awards. The two-year tour could make half a billion dollars.<br /><br />Michael Jackson is set to tour the world again - as a hologram.<br /><br />The late King of Pop, who was resurrected onstage at the Billboard Music Awards on Sunday night (18.05.14) thanks to advanced technology, could wow fans across the globe again five years after his death.<br /><br />The producers behind the special effects extravaganza want to take their show on the road for a two-year tour and are predicted to make half a billion dollars.<br /><br />A source told the Daily Star newspaper: ''It's only a matter of time before a hologram like this goes on tour. Public appetite for Michael Jackson's music has never been greater and this is a unique way of experiencing his magic.''<br /><br />The hologram performance at the Billboard Music Awards follows the success of a new posthumous Michael Jackson album, 'Xscape', which recently topped the charts in the UK.<br /><br />John Branca, the executor of the singer's estate, added: ''It's so important to experience Michael Jackson in a live setting. We wanted a live performance in front of a live audience.''<br /><br />It took four months to put together the lavish special effects show, which saw Michael's hologram gyrate and moonwalk on stage to new song 'Slave to the Rhythm'.<br /><br />[size=14pt]The late singer's choreographers, Rich and Tone Talauega, were behind the dance moves.[/size]<br /><br />http://www.contactmusic.com/story/michael-jackson-hologram-to-tour-the-world_4204960?track=mail_news<br />
    <br /><br />ok i am not up on this. does anyone know when these people formerly worked with michael?  i remember something in the tii credits of michael wanting to thank all of his former choreographers. don't know what it means just jumped out.  :Michael_Jackson_dancing_smile
  • blankieblankie Posts: 2,350
    Totally agree RK..and  are not the words of a fan but pure reality... MJ is one and only one  :moonwalk_:<br />
  • on 1400688683:
    <br /> I personally  wouldn't attend  'virtual Michael's' concerts. <br />Having everything cued to happen with the technology would  be a dampener for  simple live venue spontaneity .  It would have to be a  tightly orchestrated fit to have  all aspects of the show , human and technology, run together like clockwork. I am no fan of that.<br /> Not to mention that there is Michael's presence, his own energy that would be absent and I think this is the major point against the idea  being successful. Lacking in his essence, the whole contrived thing leave a 'soulless' feeling for the viewer. <br />
      <br /><br />i agree,  u hit the nail on the head...soulless.  that's probably why i felt nothing, except how much i miss the real thing.  u totally deserve the best answer award  :th_bravo:
    I'm not sure I necessarily agree. Although of course the 'real deal' would be the preferred choice, what if the real deal has decided he's not performing any more (KOP is dead remember), but 'virtual MJ', with new, never been done before, technological innovation is his idea, his choice and his work at this time. If it's what's exciting him, he'll be putting his heart and soul into it and one could be doing him a huge disservice by dismissing it just because he won't be there 'in person'.  That's like saying one wouldn't watch a film, for example, that MJ had directed, if he wasn't actually in it, or not playing the wii MJ dancing Experience because it's not really him on screen!<br /><br />As long as you know what you're (not) getting, I think it'd be worth seeing. And as for being 'tightly orchestrated', all I can say is that's how illusion works!
    But curls, we are not asking Michael to perform, are we? we just need him back, happy and healthy and vindicated. If he wants to take entertainment to another level, as he said in his Geraldo Rivera interview,  he'll find a way, maybe something better than a just hologram concert. <br /><br />It's a totally different case, if Michael did come back and THEN introduces the hologram concerts. No one should have a problem with that. But if Michael isn't back yet, and the hologram starts off, people are going to have a problem with that. Who's going to assure us that it is Michael behind all of that? Is that assurance worth our trust?<br /><br />wii game is quite a different scenario. People know it isn't Michael. And they aren't expecting anything. Michael album (2010) was different, we wanted to listen to Michael's voice but "breaking news", "monster", and "keep your head up" were sung by someone else. Same goes for the hologram. Most of us wanted to see Michael's face as it is.<br /> <br />Now that's a disappointment.
  • There will be no world tour IMO.<br /><br />@Suspicious Taluega brothers have been working with MJ already during 20 years:<br /><br />Talauega was 17 when he was discovered, along with his brother Tone, by Michael Jackson’s choreographers – LaVelle Smith and Travis Payne, while they were freestyling at a club in Oakland.<br /><br />http://samoanbios.com/rich-talauega/
    on 1400746564:
    <br />But curls, we are not asking Michael to perform, are we? we just need him back, happy and healthy and vindicated. If he wants to take entertainment to another level, as he said in his Geraldo Rivera interview,  he'll find a way, maybe something better than a just hologram concert. <br /><br />It's a totally different case, if Michael did come back and THEN introduces the hologram concerts. No one should have a problem with that. But if Michael isn't back yet, and the hologram starts off, people are going to have a problem with that. Who's going to assure us that it is Michael behind all of that? Is that assurance worth our trust?<br /><br />wii game is quite a different scenario. People know it isn't Michael. And they aren't expecting anything. Michael album (2010) was different, we wanted to listen to Michael's voice but "breaking news", "monster", and "keep your head up" were sung by someone else. Same goes for the hologram. Most of us wanted to see Michael's face as it is.<br /> <br />Now that's a disappointment.<br />
    <br /><br />I think we should've finally got past disappointment after all this time.  Disappointment only follows over ambitious expectations.  I reckon we should've learned by now, that with all things MJ, to expect nothing, to acknowledge that even what we are presented with may well not be as it appears and not to rush into making hasty conclusions or judgements.<br />
    on 1400782719:
    <br />
    on 1400746564:
    <br />But curls, we are not asking Michael to perform, are we? we just need him back, happy and healthy and vindicated. If he wants to take entertainment to another level, as he said in his Geraldo Rivera interview,  he'll find a way, maybe something better than a just hologram concert. <br /><br />It's a totally different case, if Michael did come back and THEN introduces the hologram concerts. No one should have a problem with that. But if Michael isn't back yet, and the hologram starts off, people are going to have a problem with that. Who's going to assure us that it is Michael behind all of that? Is that assurance worth our trust?<br /><br />wii game is quite a different scenario. People know it isn't Michael. And they aren't expecting anything. Michael album (2010) was different, we wanted to listen to Michael's voice but "breaking news", "monster", and "keep your head up" were sung by someone else. Same goes for the hologram. Most of us wanted to see Michael's face as it is.<br /> <br />Now that's a disappointment.<br />
    <br /><br />I think we should've finally got past disappointment after all this time.  Disappointment only follows over ambitious expectations.  I reckon we should've learned by now, that with all things MJ, to expect nothing, to acknowledge that even what we are presented with may well not be as it appears and not to rush into making hasty conclusions or judgements.<br />
    <br /><br />So what you are saying is that I shouldn't have expected the Hologram to look like MJ? you know that's not possible. That's the "least" anyone can expect. It can't be termed as over ambitious expectations. We were promised a historic tv event, but it was nothing like that. <br /><br />
  • on 1400746564:
    <br />I really enjoy reading what everyone says, but this is exactly how I feel, but never could come up with as good of a way to express it. Everyone do you think michael is coming back? I gave it hard thought today because this hologram thing really got me thinking who is behind this and why, and I started to loose my beLIEver hope and then I thought and remembered, I thout of how no one is allowed near his resting place and thought of a reason that likely is, because some crazy fan my try an Cray the ground or something similar and see the empty casket and immediately got back to being a beLIEver. Hope all you ladies and gents out there can give your opinion on this theory of mine.
  • applehead250609applehead250609 Posts: 2,615
    on 1400819237:
    <br />
    on 1400746564:
    <br />I really enjoy reading what everyone says, but this is exactly how I feel, but never could come up with as good of a way to express it. Everyone do you think michael is coming back? I gave it hard thought today because this hologram thing really got me thinking who is behind this and why, and I started to loose my beLIEver hope and then I thought and remembered, I thout of how no one is allowed near his resting place and thought of a reason that likely is, because some crazy fan my try an Cray the ground or something similar and see the empty casket and immediately got back to being a beLIEver. Hope all you ladies and gents out there can give your opinion on this theory of mine.<br />
    <br /><br />"Everyone do you think michael is coming back?"<br /><br />Personally  :icon_geek:??..........mmmm I think not ,sorry  ;D .<br />Regarding the violation of the tomb, you can sit peacefully, nobody will do such thing , because people have better things to do .
  • applehead250609applehead250609 Posts: 2,615
    on 1400598346:
    <br />[size=14pt]Michael Jackson hologram to tour the world?[/size]<br />by Bang Showbiz | 20 May 2014<br /><br />A hologram of Michael Jackson could be set to tour the world after a successful performance at the Billboard Music Awards. The two-year tour could make half a billion dollars.<br /><br />Michael Jackson is set to tour the world again - as a hologram.<br /><br />The late King of Pop, who was resurrected onstage at the Billboard Music Awards on Sunday night (18.05.14) thanks to advanced technology, could wow fans across the globe again five years after his death.<br /><br />The producers behind the special effects extravaganza want to take their show on the road for a two-year tour and are predicted to make half a billion dollars.<br /><br />A source told the Daily Star newspaper: ''It's only a matter of time before a hologram like this goes on tour. Public appetite for Michael Jackson's music has never been greater and this is a unique way of experiencing his magic.''<br /><br />The hologram performance at the Billboard Music Awards follows the success of a new posthumous Michael Jackson album, 'Xscape', which recently topped the charts in the UK.<br /><br />John Branca, the executor of the singer's estate, added: ''It's so important to experience Michael Jackson in a live setting. We wanted a live performance in front of a live audience.''<br /><br />It took four months to put together the lavish special effects show, which saw Michael's hologram gyrate and moonwalk on stage to new song 'Slave to the Rhythm'.<br /><br />The late singer's choreographers, Rich and Tone Talauega, were behind the dance moves.<br /><br />http://www.contactmusic.com/story/michael-jackson-hologram-to-tour-the-world_4204960?track=mail_news<br />
    <br /><br />"Michael Jackson is set to tour the world again - as a hologram."<br /><br />What a stupid idea lol  :icon_mrgreen:  :thjajaja121: !!!!!<br /><br /><br />"The producers behind the special effects extravaganza want to take their show on the road for a two-year tour and are predicted to make half a billion dollars."<br /><br />broke-8.gif