Did MJ know he was being taped??

becca26becca26 Posts: 789
edited January 1970 in Documentaries & Interviews
<!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvKwAXSVRU8<!-- m -->
<!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8tXCkIYgwo<!-- m -->

Here's MJ being interviewed by good friend Brett Ratner in 2003 before the stupid allegations. He talks about his inspirations, favorite artists, and albums.

Comments

• Yeah I wondered that when I saw this too! It seems like he's hiding the camera in his lap or amongst his papers or something. But Michael looks right at it at one point. Maybe it's like a 007 spy camera... like a pen or something. Or maybe it's not. It's a weird place to put a camera if it was intended to be recorded though.
  • becca26becca26 Posts: 789
    Its messed up esp when he asks what would you change if you had it to do over again and he said not to trust people, as this guy is a very good friend of his is secretly taping him, it really upsets me!!! <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x -->
  • Brett Ratner posted this on his site some time a go and when he did he said he has hours of him interviewing Michael.
    He has said that it is something he and Michael would do a lot , interview eachother.
    So Michael taped him sometimes as well.
    Also if you look at the clip you can see Michael looking straight at the camera at some point.
    So all this points to the fact that Michael knew he was being taped.
  • MJ may have known that he was taped ...this time. There seem to be other tapes floating around on the net that give the impression that others were done secretly. I must say that I find it a bit un nerving that he was always recorded. Imagine never being able to speak to your friends, colleagues or neighbors without them pulling out a recorder. My candor and openness would definitely be stifled if I am speaking into a tape recorder. It is so invasive and creepy. What were these people hoping to catch on tape? What were they hoping to have him slip up and reveal? They seem to be worse than the paps. At least it is understood that the paps were going to use his words against him. What were these friends going to do with the taped conversations? Maintain a tape library of ancient Mj conversations to listen to on cold snowy nights? WTH? Good grief Charlie Brown...who are these people that he came in contact with ?
  • larablarab Posts: 323
    I think he was aware of it.
  • I think he knew. Besides, he's not saying anything he wouldn't say in a regular TV interview.