The "Michael would never..." argument

Bee BeeBee Bee Posts: 391
There are many people who are very allergic to the thought of Michael faking his death, and they immediately dismiss any theory, simply because they believe or they "know" he would never do something like this.

They say he would never do it to his children. Even though nobody knows if he's not spending time with them every now and then or even most of the time. They say he would never do it to his fans. But who knows what Michael thinks his fans want? What if he knew he couldn't survive the 50 shows and his only other option would've been to cancel? What kinda reaction would he have expected from his fans? And not even I want to imagine the reactions. He would've been laughed at by the public, and many fans would've been extremely disappointed. But still, people will tell you he would never fake his death, simply because he wouldn't. Because he's too good to do something like that. They might say Michael has a very strong faith in God and would never do something like this because it's simply wrong. How about the elephant man's bones and oxygen chamber stories though, and the big possibility that Michael might've been the mastermind behind those hoaxes? I know, faking your death is another story. But...

What do you think and what do you say when people use those kind of arguments?

Comments

• DatrootDatroot Posts: 1,314
    All I can say is no-one knows what MJ would or wouldn't do unless they know him intimately.
  • I think the people who say "Michael would never do this..." need to get a grip. They don't have any knowledge of what Michael would and would not do. He could be a completely different person behind closed doors than what he appears in person. So unless they know Michael personally, they really don't have an arguement.
  • GirlSaturdayGirlSaturday Posts: 1,020
    I have stopped making comments to people who claim to know what MJ would or would not do. They were not convinced and I ended up getting headaches. Their minds are pretty much made. People see what they see and believe what they believe. It's like a teacher trying to tell a parent that her child is the class bully. The child is an angel at home so the parent believes that her child is an angel in school and would never pick on other children. Until some people see things firsthand then they are not willing to truly believe what is told to them.
  • I have stopped making comments to people who claim to know what MJ would or would not do. They were not convinced and I ended up getting headaches. Their minds are pretty much made. People see what they see and believe what they believe. It's like a teacher trying to tell a parent that her child is the class bully. The child is an angel at home so the parent believes that her child is an angel in school and would never pick on other children. Until some people see things firsthand then they are not willing to truly believe what is told to them.

VERY WELL SAID
  • I have stopped making comments to people who claim to know what MJ would or would not do. They were not convinced and I ended up getting headaches. Their minds are pretty much made. People see what they see and believe what they believe. It's like a teacher trying to tell a parent that her child is the class bully. The child is an angel at home so the parent believes that her child is an angel in school and would never pick on other children. Until some people see things firsthand then they are not willing to truly believe what is told to them.

clap2.gif clap2.gif clap2.gif
  • mjj29081958mjj29081958 Posts: 451
    Honestly, I do find it as non valid as "Michael want us to...", "Michael had to do this in order of...", "Michael is alive, no doubts about it.../ we all know Michael is alive...". We all are just guessing and speculating. We all are supossing things, one way or another.

Also, I believe that the ones saying "Michael would never..." really mean that he would never... If the reason is not valid enough, e.g he was being treathened.
  • SunShineSunShine Posts: 104
    here's something I pointed out to someone who thinks he is dead due to drug taking....

Person : I believe Mj was on drugs......

Me : little thought here, gee wouldn't that hurt his children?

Person : well, he didn't fake his death, that wouldn't be fair to his children

Me : ok, so let me get this right, he took drugs everyday, and that would affect and hurt his kids, but he wouldn't fake his death to save his life, cause that would hurt his kids...think long and hard about what you just said .

option 1.The man is alive cause he wasn't doing drugs, and faked his death to save himself.. I like this option <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
    or
    option number 2
    he was hurting and needed sleep and the Doc fucked up, and MJ was murdered.
  • RavenRaven Posts: 709
    People often say "he would not fake his death, he would never do that TO his kids". True, but he would do it FOR his kids. For instance, to protect them.
  • JACKSONGIRLJACKSONGIRL Posts: 809
    There are many people who are very allergic to the thought of Michael faking his death, and they immediately dismiss any theory, simply because they believe or they "know" he would never do something like this.

They say he would never do it to his children. Even though nobody knows if he's not spending time with them every now and then or even most of the time. They say he would never do it to his fans. But who knows what Michael thinks his fans want? What if he knew he couldn't survive the 50 shows and his only other option would've been to cancel? What kinda reaction would he have expected from his fans? And not even I want to imagine the reactions. He would've been laughed at by the public, and many fans would've been extremely disappointed. But still, people will tell you he would never fake his death, simply because he wouldn't. Because he's too good to do something like that. They might say Michael has a very strong faith in God and would never do something like this because it's simply wrong. How about the elephant man's bones and oxygen chamber stories though, and the big possibility that Michael might've been the mastermind behind those hoaxes? I know, faking your death is another story. But...What do you think and what do you say when people use those kind of arguments?

Good job. omg the amount of people that do that and not just with the hoax but with anything. Just the thought of Michael doing something "normal" or something imperfect the automatically bring in the " he would never" how do they know? i didnt realize they were so close with him? like dang no one, not one fan knows Michael well enough to say he would or wouldnt do something, none of us know him to that point so to make those assumptions is quite stupid. next time someone says that im asking them for his number since they know him so well <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • But you can twist that around and say -

we cant say what Michael would and would not do. How do we know he didnt take drugs willingly and use uppers and downers. How do we know he didnt ask for Propofol and took it, even know he knew the risks - how do we know that the story he was using Propofol as far back as the 80's to sleep on tour during Bad?

I have an open mind on this... and its just as easy to say that the "Michael would never take Propofol to sleep.. Michael would never use uppers in the day..... Michael would never endanger his life like this.. " are just as redundant and unproveable at the moment.
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    The only true thing that I know Michael would never do is commit suicide, so Conrad Murray, get another defense. This one won't ride.
    According to the reports the defence is not claiming Michael committed suicide. They suggest it is possible that he became impatient and decided to administer propofol himself.
  • mattiemattie Posts: 296
    The only true thing that I know Michael would never do is commit suicide, so Conrad Murray, get another defense. This one won't ride.

Sorry..But you would not know that either!
    You only can looke at the evidence..what possibly happened.
    My opinion!
    Sorry for my English
    Mattie
    What I know in my heart, is what I KNOW. Me. not YOU. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> There is a difference.
    According to the reports the defence is not claiming Michael committed suicide. They suggest it is possible that he became impatient and decided to administer propofol himself.

Dead by one's own hands is dead just the same. Whether accidentally or on purpose. suicide is by definition: The act of causing ones own death. Suicide may be positive or negative and it may be direct or indirect. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • I absolutely agree! I was talking with a fellow MJ fan yesterday and she doesn't believe that Michael is alive and I told her that I do believe that he's alive. And she told me he would never do that not for his family not for his kids. And all the usual stuff. And I told her I respected her opinion but I have my own. And I think how can someone think what Michael would do or not do. We can't think for him. So that bugs me a little sometimes to be honest. Thanks for making a thread about this.
    To be perfectly honest, if you go back and read the posts here, most of them are based on "thinking for him" or others involved. It's all OPINION and opinion is basically formed by what YOU think about this, that or what or whomever.
  • Bee BeeBee Bee Posts: 391

They say he would never do it to his children. Even though nobody knows if he's not spending time with them every now and then or even most of the time. They say he would never do it to his fans. But who knows what Michael thinks his fans want? What if he knew he couldn't survive the 50 shows and his only other option would've been to cancel? What kinda reaction would he have expected from his fans? And not even I want to imagine the reactions. He would've been laughed at by the public, and many fans would've been extremely disappointed. But still, people will tell you he would never fake his death, simply because he wouldn't. Because he's too good to do something like that. They might say Michael has a very strong faith in God and would never do something like this because it's simply wrong. How about the elephant man's bones and oxygen chamber stories though, and the big possibility that Michael might've been the mastermind behind those hoaxes? I know, faking your death is another story. But...What do you think and what do you say when people use those kind of arguments?

Good job. omg the amount of people that do that and not just with the hoax but with anything. Just the thought of Michael doing something "normal" or something imperfect the automatically bring in the " he would never" how do they know? i didnt realize they were so close with him? like dang no one, not one fan knows Michael well enough to say he would or wouldnt do something, none of us know him to that point so to make those assumptions is quite stupid. next time someone says that im asking them for his number since they know him so well <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Yeah, like Michael being asked if he used the toilet. Like OMG, Michael would never use the toilet! The food he eats simply vanishes inside his stomach. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

I completely agree with you! And you know what, the more I think about this, the angrier it makes me. Those are the same kind of fans who never read one piece about the allegations, who simply say "Michael would never", because he wrote Heal The World or whatever their argument is. It's ridiculous, and it makes Michael's entire fanbase look like ignorant idiots. As right as they are saying he's innocent, an open-minded person will always look at both sides of the story and will never dismiss something, just because they feel "Michael would never".

Dead by one's own hands is dead just the same. Whether accidentally or on purpose. suicide is by definition: The act of causing ones own death. Suicide may be positive or negative and it may be direct or indirect. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
    No, that is false. Suicide is the intentional ending of one's own life. It does not include accidental self killing.
  • MJJ1982MJJ1982 Posts: 1,282
    I absolutely agree! I was talking with a fellow MJ fan yesterday and she doesn't believe that Michael is alive and I told her that I do believe that he's alive. And she told me he would never do that not for his family not for his kids. And all the usual stuff. And I told her I respected her opinion but I have my own. And I think how can someone think what Michael would do or not do. We can't think for him. So that bugs me a little sometimes to be honest. Thanks for making a thread about this.

It's so original, isn't it? Everyone who doesn't believe in the hoax comes up with the same <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    ((((sigh))))) <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • Bottom line is Michael is human. He has faults just like all of us do. While he may be a perfectionist he is not perfect. No one is. So my answer to someone who would say this is--the only one who knows if "Michael would never" is Michael.
  • Bottom line is Michael is human. He has faults just like all of us do. While he may be a perfectionist he is not perfect. No one is. So my answer to someone who would say this is--the only one who knows if "Michael would never" is Michael.

Exactly.. i agree.. no-one can speculate what Michael would and wouldnt do...

we cannot say for sure that Michael would never take drugs, would never endanger his life with Propofol, would never take uppers and downers, would never do this and that... because we dont know for sure. We can only speculate.

We have to have an open mind to all possibilities.
  • JACKSONGIRLJACKSONGIRL Posts: 809

Yeah, like Michael being asked if he used the toilet. Like OMG, Michael would never use the toilet! The food he eats simply vanishes inside his stomach. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

I completely agree with you! And you know what, the more I think about this, the angrier it makes me. Those are the same kind of fans who never read one piece about the allegations, who simply say "Michael would never", because he wrote Heal The World or whatever their argument is. It's ridiculous, and it makes Michael's entire fanbase look like ignorant idiots. As right as they are saying he's innocent, an open-minded person will always look at both sides of the story and will never dismiss something, just because they feel "Michael would never".
    OMG i remember that from moonwalk lmfao, noo of course MICHAEL JACKSON would never use the toilet you know cus he doesnt pee and stuff like the rest of us ....? what is he a robot! LOL i died when i read that hahaha
  • MJJ1982MJJ1982 Posts: 1,282

OMG i remember that from moonwalk lmfao, noo of course MICHAEL JACKSON would never use the toilet you know cus he doesnt pee and stuff like the rest of us ....? what is he a robot! LOL i died when i read that hahaha

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> I like the idea of him doing the same things as us <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->