Musings on Manslaughter....

QuirkyDianaQuirkyDiana Posts: 386
edited January 1970 in Dr. Conrad Murray
Murray either killed MJ or he did not. As hoax theory goes, MJ is not dead.

So how can you charge someone with manslaughter, if someone did not die?

Comments

• I guess just if he caused any other damage... ??
    It would be manslaughter with result of damage vs death...
    But you can charge him with man´s laughter <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • I guess just if he caused any other damage... ??
    It would be manslaughter with result of damage vs death...
    But you can charge him with man´s laughter <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Omg...Man's Laughter...that is hilarious! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • I guess Murray won't be charged at all.
    Because he has done nothing wrong. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • Omg...Man's Laughter...that is hilarious! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

That came stressed on a TMZ nwes that I don´t remember now... or someone brought it... <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • QuirkyDianaQuirkyDiana Posts: 386
    I guess Murray won't be charged at all.
    Because he has done nothing wrong. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

But he has been charged with manslaughter already and pleaded not guilty. You cannot even bring a charge of manslaughter if someone didn't die. Even if Murray is found not guilty, somone still had to have died. Unless of course people think that the court proceedings are not real..........that is not likely at all.
  • QuirkyDiana sorry but maybe I don´t understand the english term.
    Isn´t manslaughter a synonymous from malpractice?
  • QuirkyDianaQuirkyDiana Posts: 386
    No, in UK and American Law Manslaughter always means the killing of a human being.

Manslaughter is a legal term for the killing of a human being, in a manner considered by law as less culpable than murder.

Manslaughter is usually broken down into two distinct categories: voluntary manslaughter and involuntary manslaughter.

Murray is being tried on involuntary manslaughter - criminally negligent homicide.

In many jurisdictions such as California, malice may be found if gross negligence amounts to wilful or depraved indifference to human life. In such a case, the wrongdoer may be guilty of second degree murder.

You must understand, manslaughter in ALL cases means that the said person died. Look at the word - Man slaughter......
  • Oh Ok, so involves homicide... thank you very much QuirkyDiana!
    No, in UK and American Law Manslaughter always means the killing of a human being.

In Spanish it means nothing <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->