Catherine Bach's Husband Found Dead

SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
edited January 1970 in News
Catherine Bach's Husband Found Dead
Originally posted Apr 30th 2010 1:08 PM PDT by TMZ Staff

Peter Lopez -- the husband of Catherine Bach from "The Dukes of Hazzard" -- was just found dead in Los Angeles ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

0430-peter-catherine-credit.jpg

Paramedics responded to a report of a shooting at Lopez's home in Encino at around 11:30 AM. Cops tell TMZ his death is being investigated as an apparent suicide.

Bach married Lopez -- who was one of Michael Jackson's music attorneys -- in 1990. They have two children together.

Story developing...

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/04/30/catherine ... d-suicide/<!-- m -->

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Comments

• ejayejay Posts: 455
    how awful for her. I just don't understand suicide at all.
  • how awful for her. I just don't understand suicide at all.

Please dont judge. Remember your audience.

Yes.. this is very, very sad. He leaves children behind, i believe.

Gosh.. and his connection to Michael! <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->

We dont know the details yet... lets keep an open mind, know what im saying??
  • this is so sad... how awfull for everyone
  • sad he thought that death was easier than life - or maybe he felt he had no option

but a gun so quick

so painful

i hope no one witnessed it, but the person who found him

its so sad

hope he found peace
    how awful for her. I just don't understand suicide at all.

Please dont judge. Remember your audience.

Yes.. this is very, very sad. He leaves children behind, i believe.

Gosh.. and his connection to Michael! <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->

We dont know the details yet... lets keep an open mind, know what im saying??

I think you misunderstood me. I didnt judge anybody. All i said was "i dont understand suicide" and I stand by that comment because I dont understand it all.
  • @ejay. I know.. its just hard for me as i have personal experience. There are so many ways to look at it.. so many reasons, so many heartbreaks and questions.

Sorry.. i didnt mean to jump on you. I think its becoming an emotional day!
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    I have a bit of an uncomfortable feeling with this death. Lopez was let go I think somewhere in Februari 2009, I can't find why.

<!-- m -->http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Showbi ... 8215360920<!-- m -->

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• teine21teine21 Posts: 898
    What if he knew something? <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> This is really sad, I feel so bad for his family. <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
    What if it wasn't suicide but was made to look like it was? I'm creeping myself out. But this is definitely tragic & I hope not connected to the bad guys if you know what I mean, I hope it doesn't have anything to do with MJ because if it did, I'd be freaking out <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • I have a bit of an uncomfortable feeling with this death. Lopez was let go I think somewhere in Februari 2009, I can't find why.

Interesting story and another close connection to Michael. Maybe it wasn't suicide after all?

I'm saddened for all that know him personally especially his family. They'll be in my prayers.

Edit: I'm not too familiar with suicide cases but doesn't it seem odd that he was found in front of his house? don't those that commit suicide by shooting usually do it in solitude unless they are provoked by someone or something? I'm so sorry if I bring up wounds for anyone close to a situation like this but the place of suicide seemed rather strange.
  • What if he knew something? <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> This is really sad, I feel so bad for his family. <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
    What if it wasn't suicide but was made to look like it was? I'm creeping myself out. But this is definitely tragic & I hope not connected to the bad guys if you know what I mean, I hope it doesn't have anything to do with MJ because if it did, I'd be freaking out <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

People seem to be dropping dead, though dont they??? Remember Jordy Chandlers father committed suicide in Nov 2009?

Now we have this lawyer guy who is dead by gunshot. It could be suicide because of personal or mental health reasons...

or maybe suicide because he knew something he couldnt handle.. or maybe he was afraid...

or maybe not suicide, but staged to seem that way....
  • What if he knew something? <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> This is really sad, I feel so bad for his family. <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->

I don´t know this man but I was thinking a little in that way, but not exactly.
    If he had problems with MJ and it´s a question of remorse (like Chandler).
    What if MJ´s was murder and he knew something or was involved?
    I´ll repeat, don´t Know this man, I´m just thinking... maybe nothing to do at all.
  • Starting to search now... I´ve found this interesting article:
    Jackson’s new music attorney, Peter Lopez, told me on Tuesday that about four of the original "Thriller" tracks are being remixed as "extras" for the CD package. Kanye West, Akon and will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas are supposed to be doing that work. The songs are "Billie Jean," "The Girl Is Mine," "Wanna Be Starting Something" and "Pretty Young Thing."

In addition, Lopez says that four tracks left off "Thriller" in 1983 will be included. Jackson’s longtime producer Bruce Swedien, who no longer works with the pop star, told me that one track he knows of is a killer. It’s called "Don’t Be Messin’ Around." Swedien doesn’t know any of the other tracks left off the album but said there may be some out there.

The rest of it is also interesting about MJ´s plans in 2007

Exclusive: Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' Plans

• I don´t know this man but I was thinking a little in that way, but not exactly.
    I´ll repeat, don´t Know this man, I´m just thinking... maybe nothing to do at all.

I just wanted to point out that you dont know that Chandlers father committed suicide because of "remorse".

Truth is we dont know why he committed suicide. Id heard he had a very painful and terminal illness. Its not uncommon for people who are suffering from such illnesses to kill themselves to end their physical pain.
  • teine21teine21 Posts: 898
    What if he knew something? <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> This is really sad, I feel so bad for his family. <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->

I don´t know this man but I was thinking a little in that way, but not exactly.

Yup, maybe he's another person who MJ trusted & he betrayed him. & he knows something the rest of the world doesn't in regards to the murder or plan to murder & he has incredible remorse & couldn't handle it. I'm not 100% sure but it is possible Jordan's dad committed suicide because of what he did to MJ. But we'll have to investigate this guy a little if we want to find out if he knew something or was one of the bad guys that MJ feared. BTW so he was new music attorney in 2007? Maybe he was working with MJ & people were after him or he was afraid they would come after him? Or maybe he was one of the bad ones? It's really sad to think about this but if we're ever going to find out the truth about whether or not MJ is alive we have to investigate all of the other people & events involved with him leading up to June 25th. My prayers are with Lopez's family though. It's so sad for them.
  • I just wanted to point out that you dont know that Chandlers father committed suicide because of "remorse".

True Dancing, I don´t know, I said so because I was guessing on both but expressed badly <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    You´re right.
  • [color=#FF0000Just looking into his connection to Michael.

<!-- m -->http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,302533,00.html<!-- m -->

Some parts of this article I thought were noteworthy:

"Jackson is involved in putting together a 25th anniversary edition of his best-selling album, "Thriller."

(Hmmmmm...... Michael's "death" coincides w/ that.... coincidence?!)

"Jackson’s longtime producer Bruce Swedien, who no longer works with the pop star, told me that one track he knows of is a killer. It’s called "Don’t Be Messin’ Around."

(Hmmmmm...... "one track is a killer"???) !!

:~ JUSTICE ~:
    [/color]
  • Wow! this story is pretty sad but weird at the same time.
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    TMZ says police are investigating an "apparent suicide" <!-- s:geek: -->:geek:<!-- s:geek: -->
    @ejay. I know.. its just hard for me as i have personal experience. There are so many ways to look at it.. so many reasons, so many heartbreaks and questions.

Sorry.. i didnt mean to jump on you. I think its becoming an emotional day!

No worries at all. We're all friends here. I just wanted to be clear that I wasnt judging the situation..just that i dont understand it. Hope you feel better <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> My bad day was yesterday.
  • GirlSaturdayGirlSaturday Posts: 1,020
    I find it interesting that they didn't mention his other clients. If he was skilled enough to become MJs attorney then surely he had other high-profile clients in the business. To state that ..."He was music attorney to many stars such as X, Y, Z and even Michael Jackson" would have made more sense to me.
  • GirlSaturdayGirlSaturday Posts: 1,020
    Mr Lopez also feels his former client's death could possibly have been avoided. "I think it's too early to say, we don't have all the facts but he should not be dead, that's pretty clear."Something went terribly wrong and we'll find something out about that very shortly." The lawyer paid tribute to the detectives conducting the investigation into the King of Pop's death, saying he realised they were in a very difficult situation and they were doing "terrific work" to make sure "the right results come out".

Me too.
    I got stuck on his statement about the "right results to come out". Right for whom? If not the right results then will the public be presented with the "wrong results" as they close the case?

BTW - Suicide isn't always suicide. Sometimes it is really a homocide disguised as suicide.

I have a bit of an uncomfortable feeling with this death. Lopez was let go I think somewhere in Februari 2009, I can't find why.

• PinkTopazPinkTopaz Posts: 1,013
    Mr Lopez also feels his former client's death could possibly have been avoided. "I think it's too early to say, we don't have all the facts but he should not be dead, that's pretty clear."Something went terribly wrong and we'll find something out about that very shortly." The lawyer paid tribute to the detectives conducting the investigation into the King of Pop's death, saying he realised they were in a very difficult situation and they were doing "terrific work" to make sure "the right results come out".

Me too.
    I got stuck on his statement about the "right results to come out". Right for whom? If not the right results then will the public be presented with the "wrong results" as they close the case?

BTW - Suicide isn't always suicide. Sometimes it is really a homocide disguised as suicide.
    Oh my gosh, I got that same feeling..I don't like this at all..

• mjgirl86mjgirl86 Posts: 316
    Very very sad.... <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->
  • Lopez's death made sky news in england - because of the mj connection

is the media now feeding us with a conspiracy