Armband

Okay so I'm just wondering if the band Michael always wears around his right upper arm has any meaning? Does it stand for something? Or is it simply for fashion?

It's probably not that significant but I've always wondered.

Comments

• ejayejay Posts: 455
    He wore it as a reminder for 'Suffering children around the world'
  • jacilovesmichaeljacilovesmichael Posts: 2,474

Oh, really? That's cool. How do you know that? Was it a symbol he made up or one that already existed?
  • ejayejay Posts: 455
    Just one of the many things i've learned about Mj over the years I've loved him.
  • jacilovesmichaeljacilovesmichael Posts: 2,474
    Just one of the many things i've learned about Mj over the years I've loved him.

lol! I hear you there. I'm just surprised I'd never heard that before...there must be some interview out there that I HAVEN'T seen 5 million times! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • DancingTheDreamDancingTheDream Posts: 4,923

Oh, really? That's cool. How do you know that? Was it a symbol he made up or one that already existed?

I dont think he ever did publicly explain it.... ive never seen it in an interview on video, audio or print anyways.
  • lilithlilith Posts: 105
    I heard the thing about the armband, too. Someone once said that Michael said he would wear this armband as long as children around the world were suffering and that ...

Yeah! I think it was during the "making of... Moonwalker". I'm not sure, but it might have been the director who told that story. That guy was a bit confused about the strips around Michael's fingers and the armband and Michael told him it would "help his character". And that guy was like "oh okay..."

But it is indeed only hear-say. I never heard Michael explaining it.

Edit:
    The director does talk about the bandage, but he does not explain the reason. Must have been someone else, maybe it was Michael Bush.

Here is the video of the director :
    [youtube:112pxumk]
  • reading_onreading_on Posts: 463
    Reminds me a little of another famous singer...Can you name him without Googling?,,lol

I wear the black for the poor and the beaten down, the prisoner who has long paid for his crime, for those who never read or listened to the words that Jesus said. For the sick and lonely, in mournin' for the lives that could have been. For the thousands who have died, believen' that the Lord was on their side. I'd love to wear a rainbow every day, and tell the world that everything's OK, but I'll try to carry off a little darkness on my back, Til things are brighter, I'm the Man in Black.
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    Johnny Cash.
  • reading_onreading_on Posts: 463
    Johnny Cash.

Ding, ding, ding.. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> It's nice to see someone knew it. I thought i heard crickets out there.

I really like it when artist show the world that they have a cause.