Do you think this is the same person?

looking4truthlooking4truth Posts: 1,450
edited January 1970 in Hoax Theories
Before you view these and think of this question, try your hardest to view these two videos from an objective point of view. This may help you understand why I would put this in the Double Theory section.

Human Nature - BAD tour - 1987
[youtube:3domt7uj]

Human Nature - Dangerous Tour - 1992
[youtube:3domt7uj]

I know everyone has their off day but this make me go hmmm... especially knowing that Michael announced that BAD was going to be his last tour. You can view more about that @ <!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8196<!-- l -->

Comments

• looking4truthlooking4truth Posts: 1,450
    I am going to slightly contradict myself here but I do believe this is him during the Dangerous rehearsals.

[youtube:qyyua7ud]

However, it further proves my point. How is he able to perform like this during rehearsal and sound excellent, like he did during the BAD tour, and then come out on the actual show and sound not his best? Maybe he was using doubles for certain performances or certain shows for whatever reason. He may not have ended his touring completely after BAD, just lessen his days. I know this was mentioned before as a possibility and I think that it would make sense, looking at these inconsistencies with his performances.
  • I disagree. Maybe that night in Bucarest he didn't give it his all or he was resting his vocal cords somewhat. His songs over the years will never sound exactly the same in all his concerts, imo.
  • ejayejay Posts: 455
    Maybe that night in Bucarest he was already getting tired and slowing down.
  • TracyKTracyK Posts: 163
    It was said that this is when he first started using Propofol. Also, he had a throat condition which you can hear in some of his performances. He could have canceled but went on with the show for his fans. He missed vocals live a lot. There were some instances throughout the HIStory tour where he was tripping over his dance steps. There were times when you could see how tired he was from the start. That was a very big tour and he was closer to 40 than 20 and that makes a huge difference as well.
  • JACKSONGIRLJACKSONGIRL Posts: 809
    I am going to slightly contradict myself here but I do believe this is him during the Dangerous rehearsals.

[youtube:3twlf0af]

However, it further proves my point. How is he able to perform like this during rehearsal and sound excellent, like he did during the BAD tour, and then come out on the actual show and sound not his best? Maybe he was using doubles for certain performances or certain shows for whatever reason. He may not have ended his touring completely after BAD, just lessen his days. I know this was mentioned before as a possibility and I think that it would make sense, looking at these inconsistencies with his performances.
    didn't he have laryngitis though that entire tour or was it a different one?
  • mjwrmjwr Posts: 60
    He had laryngitis trough the HIStory tour, as much as I liked the performances he put, most wasn't live.

But yeah he already showed trough the years that he 'IS' the ultimate performer <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Peace
  • GINAFELICIAGINAFELICIA Posts: 6,506
    sorry but I don't think it's a double on stage in Bucharest....it's Michael.
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    It was said that this is when he first started using Propofol. Also, he had a throat condition which you can hear in some of his performances. He could have canceled but went on with the show for his fans. He missed vocals live a lot. There were some instances throughout the HIStory tour where he was tripping over his dance steps. There were times when you could see how tired he was from the start. That was a very big tour and he was closer to 40 than 20 and that makes a huge difference as well.

I can tell you already that he was not on drugs. Not during the HIStory tour, not during the Dangerous tour, not during the BAD tour. This is something we heard first hand from someone that worked with him. Will post that later, but he was not on drugs and I think the people that worked with him on a 1,5-year-tour, would have at least noticed SOMETHING.
    So there must have been something else why he didn't sound as we were used too. Either a double, or he was ill.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• awesome1awesome1 Posts: 565
    Does it really bother people that Michael mimed a few tracks ???
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400

Yes, because we know how great he is live. So if he had lung and/or throat problems, I want to know why.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• CCCC Posts: 2,136
    this version of rock with you sounds different,
    <!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXRNIlU4 ... re=related<!-- m -->
    anyway... he uses doubles, we know that... he uses for winning some time for a change of clothes when he was doing a tour, he will use in TII (I think) but i don´t think that the use of doubles was something to do with non sing or something like that... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • awesome1awesome1 Posts: 565

Yes, because we know how great he is live. So if he had lung and/or throat problems, I want to know why.

Well Thriller was Always mimed, and i thought he had laurangitis (if thats how its spelt ) during Dangerous, and besides the versions of the Dangeous and History Tours are only one show out of 50 or whatever the number of shows... so it could just be that one show. Dangerous i really cant notice any real miming apart from Thriller, HIStory all mimed apart from a few songs.

i suppose it could be down to the dance routines on some numbers... most bands/singers mime on tracks because they have a hard dance routine to go with it, but with MJ hes sang live with a hard danec routine before, so it does make you wonder why he done it, but im not that bothered by it....
  • Does it really bother people that Michael mimed a few tracks ???

not at all, especially when he's dancing... and the big artists these day lip sync damn near a whole show, so skipping some verses is nothing <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393

not at all, especially when he's dancing... and the big artists these day lip sync damn near a whole show, so skipping some verses is nothing <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->

I agree with you. Anyone who can dance and perform like that for 2 plus hours deserves to lip sync at some point. Especially when on tour and not pulling a one nighter.
  • looking4truthlooking4truth Posts: 1,450

I'm really late responding but I just noticed this. He didn't mime in either of the performances I posted above. If he was sick, then that's understandable and sorry to Mike (if he is reading this...you never know) if that was the case.
  • techdivatechdiva Posts: 448

I'm really late responding but I just noticed this. He didn't mime in either of the performances I posted above. If he was sick, then that's understandable and sorry to Mike (if he is reading this...you never know) if that was the case.
    I was just reading the threads and I was thinking that during the Dangerous tour he had to cancel the rest of his show, because this was during the time of the Jordie Chandler child molestation had came out and Michael went to rehab. Also, the Dangerous tour at Bucharest, didn't he sell this to HBO for about $20 million? Here's an article about the tour
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dangerous_World_Tour
  • msteetee34msteetee34 Posts: 1,234

No I don't mind if MJ did that. He dance his butt off on stage. It's hard to dance like that and sing at the same time. His performance makes up for it. He's not like Britany Spears who doesn't really sing during her shows and give an average performance. This dude performs with everything he got. You can tell how he sweats when he performs.
  • sweet1sweet1 Posts: 312

I was just reading the threads and I was thinking that during the Dangerous tour he had to cancel the rest of his show, because this was during the time of the Jordie Chandler child molestation had came out and Michael went to rehab. Also, the Dangerous tour at Bucharest, didn't he sell this to HBO for about $20 million? Here's an article about the tour
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dangerous_World_Tour

If that were the case then it could very well explain his performance. MJ was going through a very tramatic time in his life and he still went out on stage for his fans. The man always cared about the people who made him who he had become and never forgot that with each of his performances. He really worked his a_ _ off to give a stellar performance everytime he went on stage. So, what if he used a double at certain times when he was changing or whatever. I strongly believe everytime he went before an audience it was him. The man wasn't going to allow an immature to mess up what he had worked to become all of his life. Keep the Faith!
  • nWonWo Posts: 59
    Sorry to bring this thread back to life but that was not a doulbe during the Dangerous tour. You have to tak into account that he was probably tired from dancing for nearly an hour with no break and was more focused on the dancing. He doesn't sound "off" he sounds out of breathe.
  • mjjammmjjamm Posts: 143
    i hihgly disagree, Michael entire music view changed from Bad to Dangerous, his entire style was altared. His dancing was slowed and more profesioned, Two different eras, for two different performances, vice versa.
  • DatrootDatroot Posts: 1,314
    When MJ had the mask on during Thriller performances, it was usually one of his dancers in his place, as he had to get to a different part of the stage for another number - so Thriller was mimed (because it wasn't him singing with the mask on). That being said, it was only for an illusion on stage and I don't believe there were doubles in any other part - except for the last part when he flies off stage (that was someone else as we all know).
  • Remember when Michael collapsed from a lung condition ( he talks about it in Moonwalk)- it think from then on his lung capacity was impacted. If there was scarring in lung tissue it could have led to declining breathing capacity and chronic inflammation. You would not necesarily notice it unless stressed. Try what he does: sing and just walk and see how you breathe. Now, elevate that to his level of physicality on stage. I think he always sang...he just could not help it, but he was worried it would not be perfect, hence the playback.
    With other performers the playback might bother me, but with Michael his performances are more than the sum of the parts.

Also, there is Lupus to consider. That is chronic and impacts lung functioning.

And then- above all Michael is human. He had off days- I'm sure perfectionist him hated that and pushed himself too hard. All for the fans.
  • Remember when Michael collapsed from a lung condition ( he talks about it in Moonwalk)- it think from then on his lung capacity was impacted. If there was scarring in lung tissue it could have led to declining breathing capacity and chronic inflammation. You would not necesarily notice it unless stressed. Try what he does: sing and just walk and see how you breathe. Now, elevate that to his level of physicality on stage. I think he always sang...he just could not help it, but he was worried it would not be perfect, hence the playback.
    With other performers the playback might bother me, but with Michael his performances are more than the sum of the parts.

Also, there is Lupus to consider. That is chronic and impacts lung functioning.

And then- above all Michael is human. He had off days- I'm sure perfectionist him hated that and pushed himself too hard. All for the fans.

yup and wasn't his lungs mentioned in the AR too? And no I haven't ruled out the AR as fake yet.
  • GINAFELICIAGINAFELICIA Posts: 6,506
    He could have came on stage and just sit there for 2 hours and that would have been a show in itself.......
    I don't blame him for miming some songs...... but my opinion doesn't count, because I don't blame for anything.....except for staying away too long