Michael...5'9" with 28 inch waist

2»

Comments

• suspicious mindsuspicious mind Posts: 5,984
    it just accured to me . janets book. wasn't there something about stress and eating and weight gain .yada yada yada ?
  • it just accured to me . janets book. wasn't there something about stress and eating and weight gain .yada yada yada ?

Short Term Effects of Stress
    When a person encounters a threat, his body gets geared up to handle it by the 'Fight or flight' response. During this response certain functional adjustments occur in the body. These changes persist till the threat exists. When the threat no longer exists, the body returns to normal. These immediate, transient effects are the short term effects of stress. This is a physiological response seen in all persons exposed to stress.The few functional adjustments which are responsible for the short term effects are

* Diversion of the blood from less vital to more vital organs.
    * Increase in the heart rate to supply more blood quickly.
    * Increase in the blood pressure to supply blood efficiently.
    * Increase in the respiratory rate to get more oxygen from the atmosphere.
    * Breakdown of glycogen stores in liver and muscle to get more glucose.
    * Formation of more glucose from non carbohydrate substances.

These functional adjustments responsible for the stress effects on the body, manifest themselves with an array of signs and symptoms which include

* Palpitation
    * Chest pain
    * frozen shoulder
    * Cold clammy skin with gooseflesh
    * Flushing and feeling of warmth
    * Breathlessness
    * Dry mouth with difficulty in speaking and swallowing
    * Abdominal discomfort
    * Aggravation of Peptic Ulcer
    * Loose stools
    * Increased blood glucose levels.
    * Headache, back ache and neck pain
    * Depletion of energy stores
    * Flare up of diseases like eczema, psoriasis, arthritis
    * Difficulty in concentrating
    * Memory disturbances
    * Sleeplessness
    * Decreased sexual drive
    * Loss of appetite
    * Anxiety
    * Depression
    * Outbursts of anger

Long Term Effects of stress
    When the stress factor is persistent or repetitive, the body keeps secreting the stress hormones and their blood levels remain continuously at a higher level and hence the associated functional adjustments. The body now experiences stress with extra burden due to the side effects of the persistently high stress hormones. Some irreversible physiological damages of the brain and related stress physical symptoms like organ damage are caused by these substances. The manifestations could be

* Chronic head ache
    * Mood swings
    * Anxiety disorder
    * Substance abuse
    * Memory disturbances
    * Heart attack due increased blood pressure, sugar and cholesterol
    * Stroke due to similar reasons
    * Weight loss
    * Exacerbation of allergies including asthma
    * Irritable Bowel disease
    * Ischemic Bowel disease like Crohn's disease
    * Decreased sexual drive
    * Sleeplessness

http://www.stressfocus.com/stress_focus_article/stress-effects-on-body.htm

I have also read on another site that long-term stress may cause you to gain weight so I guess it depends on the type of person you are and maybe under what conditions you are experiencing that stress.

Many health problems are caused or exacerbated by stress, including:

* Pain of any kind
    * Heart disease
    * Digestive problems
    * Sleep problems
    * Depression
    * Obesity
    * Autoimmune diseases
    * Skin conditions, such as eczema
    http://helpguide.org/mental/stress_signs.htm
  • MJ always had a small waist line except in 2001 when he beefed up. That's the heaviest I ever seen him.

with a body to be seen a block away LOL maybe it was the shine of the outfit too <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->

Yep but 28 inch is a bit of a far stretch?

Always thought of Michael being 5'10 at least. Possibly 5'11
    MJ always had a small waist line except in 2001 when he beefed up. That's the heaviest I ever seen him.

with a body to be seen a block away LOL maybe it was the shine of the outfit too <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->

yes 28 is very small considering. who knows if it is acurate though.
    i just had a really crazy thought. how big do you think prince might be? i have a kind of not too big 15 yr. old about a 28-30 in. waist. he is about 5.6-5.7 <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o -->
  • mjsgirl89mjsgirl89 Posts: 378
    MJ always had a small waist line except in 2001 when he beefed up. That's the heaviest I ever seen him.

That's waht I thought 2...when i first started lookin' up info on Michael in like 2002...all i found was he was 5'11...than thhe autopsy and this vid says he's 5'9...plus i remember someone saying in an interviiew or something that Michael was taller than she expected...I would undersatand that at 5'11, but 5'9 really isn't that tall...doesn't really make much sense...IMO
    i don't know if could make a difference but i think he has a longer looking thigh than lower leg. so it maybe makes a differece in the way he looks if he wears one of the longer suit type jackets verses a shorter one. <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> i know i know back into the jacket <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x -->
  • I am 5'6 with a 30 inch "waist". For suits and dressy pants I am a 28 but prefer wearing 29. Michael had to wear tight clothes for all the dancing so the pants wouldn't slip down and hinder the dancing.
  • JudeJude Posts: 452
    My brother is 5'8 and a 28 waist, but hes a druggie tho.
  • JudeJude Posts: 452
    i just had a really crazy thought. how big do you think prince might be? i have a kind of not too big 15 yr. old about a 28-30 in. waist. he is about 5.6-5.7 <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o -->

my 15 year old is 6 feet and 32 inch waist, and by the look of prince, he will be close to the same, actually they remind me alot of each other.
    i was just thinking that they could put out that kind of info about prince and let it be assumed that it was micheal and still not be lieing because his name is also micheal isn't ? idk i'm going mad mad mad
  • Hey now kids, think about it... Mike's always been thin.
    Don't you remember that rail with an Afro doing the robot in Dancing Machine?
    He is scrawny, and he stayed that way as an adult.

Being a dancer and a vegetarian myself, I know a thing or two about it. I can shed 10 pounds on a busy dance schedule. Dancing is more strenuous than people think. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->