Was Michael really on drugs?

Hey everyone,
So I was just watching random videos of Michael and came across this one. While I don't like the way the commentators have twisted his words/actions, I think there's a point in it we should look at. Maybe when he decided to 'go away' he used the drug addiction thing because it would be believable. Clearly in this video they're saying how it doesnt seem like he has any problem. Maybe it was just convenience that a plot had unintentionally been set up prior.
[youtube:220d72w3]

Comments

• Thank you for posting this.
    What I find odd are the type of questions asked. It's like deliberately setting the drug thing up, yeah, I see, what you mean, Lonelynation. I guess, this Q&A has to do with a song lawsuit in '93. And still I find it odd, that the man posing the questions asks, if MJ felt it necessary to take a painkiller? I would not have the nerv to ask something so private when taping an interview.
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    Very interesting video, particularly after BlackJack talked earlier today about this time in MJ's life on the 'Hoax within a Hoax' thread. Thanks for posting!
    I'm surprised more people haven't watched and commented on this video. I find it fascinating.

Here we have the scenario of MJ cutting short his tour, saying he needs urgent help for a drug problem, and the media are dissecting his appearance and actions in an interview from the previous day, and with 'experts' help, coming to the conclusion that he wasn't 'under the influence' and suggesting that maybe he was faking it to escape the heat of the allegations.

Hmm .. yes, maybe they were right. Interesting that this idea didn't catch on - the world was more eager to have MJ be a drug addicted child molester, than a falsely accused man finding an excuse to take some time out to deal with his situation.

He really couldn't do right whatever he'd done, could he?
  • Its herIts her Posts: 1,137
    Just FYI, this isn't the time(s) people were saying he was addicted to some drugs. The instance on this video, is when he had had some oral surgery and (which hurts like hell, actually), and yet still was required to do some court deposition for another bogus lawsuit, over HIS intellectual property. I believe, it was in his best interest, for his attorney to document for the record that his memory could be hampered by the necessary painkillers, IN CASE he misspoke...But, IMO, this was so cut and dried, it was a waste of tax dollars to even spend the time on looking into this. MJ was being accused of stealing songs he didn't even claim to have written (Thriller, etc., <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> DUH.)

BTW, don't you LOVE the way he demonstrates his GMQ (Genius Musical Quotient) on this entire video, without reading a note of sheet music? I acquired a new, hushed awe <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> about MJ, the day I saw this amazing demonstration <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> .

The drugs they were trying to convince us of for this hoax, were supposedly because of the Pepsi scalp burning incident, where he supposedly became hooked for life, eh? I knew that storyline was untrue, because, last I'd heard ONLY MJ had footage of the actual incident.

Things could have changed, but, the second THAT film was broadcast, in 2009, after his "death" I began to wonder why his own grieving family would rehash all that pain on top of their grief! It HAD to come from MJ's archives---which mean that they were in on whatever contrivance someone was attempting to sell the public.

Why his own loved ones would put all his private business out to the PRESS, for heaven's sake!(this film was supposed to be buried forever, as part of the settlement, I thought), on top of his death, really started the wheels (in my brain) turning that perhaps something ELSE was going on here. Not that he was alive, yet, but I thought the family was trying to "out" some corruption somewhere, dogging him all his life, which he was unable to expose, while alive.

It still remains to be revealed, what was meant by re-hashing the Pepsi thing...maybe nothing, just keeping the hoax fires stoked. I always wondered if things were as bad as they were made to seem, because MJ had never stopped using pyrotechnics in his shows, and right near him!, as one would think one would, after being so badly traumatized by fire near one's brain. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • TarjaTarja Posts: 645
    In this video he was in a huge pain as he pulled out his wisdom teeth that day and he needed painkillers. It's absolutelly normal. This doesn't mean drugs. And that reporter needs a good ass whipping.Idiot
    Just FYI, this isn't the time(s) people were saying he was addicted to some drugs.

Please, could you clarify for me what you mean by this? Do you mean that when people talk NOW, they are not referring to 1993 as the start of his addiction, but that they are referring to it starting with the Pepsi burn? If so, yes, I follow you. My point about this video was that HE was saying here in 1993 that he had a problem, but 'experts' were doubting it.
    Just FYI, this isn't the time(s) people were saying he was addicted to some drugs.

Please, could you clarify for me what you mean by this? Do you mean that when people talk NOW, they are not referring to 1993 as the start of his addiction, but that they are referring to it starting with the Pepsi burn? If so, yes, I follow you. My point about this video was that HE was saying here in 1993 that he had a problem, but 'experts' were doubting it.

The video which is posted here, is a nasty mix of tabloid TV journalism AND the actual footage of MJ's deposition for a copyright lawsuit. If you can, watch the entire video of just the deposition. MJ is amazing!

As for the reporters and other crap on the video posted here, I like what the previous poster said!! It goes double for that goofy self appointed "body language reader" also <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x --> .

I read someplace that MJ did cancel some shows in Mexico, because of his wanting to "dry out", but you cannot believe what some goofball says he said, on TV. (Note, MJ is not saying this, himself, here) MJ didn't even eat red meat, then, which only clogs up the body when over-indulged in, WHY would a genius like that, purposely compromise his Moneymaker(his mind) with controlled substance he didn't need?

The only times I know of, where he was on heavy duty painkillers, were when he had injured some discs in his back, free falling, I think, 50 feet when some scaffolding for a show came apart. He was lucky he didn't die or become paralyzed.

I think the pain was of a recurring sort. Most doctors don't know any better than to drug you out of your mind, or cut you up. If these were all he had and they just kept supplying him over and over, it is not HIS fault if he became dependant. (Which, I doubt.)

We are trained from a child to "trust your doctor, he's studied these things and knows...." I have a word for that deadly statement: BS <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: --> If all your doctor has in his bag of tricks is drugs, or the Knife, you need to run to another doctor! Those kind are System doctors, whose aim is to keep you coming back, until you are dead.

[There is a doctor, Dr. B., who saved my life, who was subsequently murdered for his cures of back pain, obesity, allergies and cancer, which could have helped MJ immensely, then. I have no financial or other interest in this company, just undying loyalty for his sacrifice to improve my health with education. FYI, his books are still in print, and on his website. If interested, it is, <!-- m -->http://www.watercure.com/<!-- m -->]

There is nothing like back pain. Ask anyone, if they wouldn't drink poison to stop the misery. But I think MJ was way smarter than his doctors, and more proactive than to just swallow the information that drugs were his only option! I don't believe he was addicted, EVER, even psychologically, even though I saw two taped statements from MJ himself, saying he was struggling with this and was getting clean...

<!-- s:arrow: -->:arrow:<!-- s:arrow: --> <!-- s:arrow: -->:arrow:<!-- s:arrow: --> <!-- s:arrow: -->:arrow:<!-- s:arrow: --> We have to remember that news and press people have

NEVER

wanted the truth from or about Michael Jackson.

There comes a point, when one just has to say, "Screw it, you want lies <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> , I got a BAZILLION, baby! Better than yours!"

And, I beLIEve he did! <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
    I have to tell you, Mike is my hero, just for his unsinkable spirit, and sense of sport with the gangs of serious bullies hounding and attempting to injure him. Don't be concerned about his ethics, here. We honor people with Truth. Honor must be earned. One doesn't have to tell the truth EVER to one's enemies.

Besides, I always thought that whenever MJ canceled a concert, knowing how "the show must go on" even if he is throwing up sick, it was for reasons far more important than personal. I always thought some sick #$@! threatened to hurt his fans during these. It would not be publicized, that kind of thing. He would just simply not permit it. <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->

Go listen to this video again. MJ is not saying he's addicted; THEY are saying he said so. IMHO,when/if he says it, it is just him being scary for this hoax... <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
    I need to clarify that I don't necessarily believe what the reporters/experts were saying was the truth in that video - just that they were questioning what MJ or his people were putting out about him needing help with a drug problem, and that this was not the story the world chose to run with.

Confusing I know, but I think we're all on the same page here, even if I didn't express myself too clearly!
    I need to clarify that I don't necessarily believe what the reporters/experts were saying was the truth in that video - just that they were questioning what MJ or his people were putting out about him needing help with a drug problem, and that this was not the story the world chose to run with.

Confusing I know, but I think we're all on the same page here, even if I didn't express myself too clearly!
    This whole adventure is confusing; that's why I've been keeping both hands tightly on the overhead straps, so I don't fly out the window with all these twists and turns <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: --> <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> Aaaaaahhhhhhhh <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • So many people are so quick to judge Michael’s body language and conclude that it’s due to his usage of drugs. This video says the opposite. And this is a professional opinion. Short and sweet and to the point. Finally, someone with some sense <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

[youtube:26wkzfq8]
  • fordtocarrfordtocarr Posts: 1,547
    Oh geez that last video makes me cry...no friends on the planet....WE can see why he'd feel that way. He made "friends" with other professionals who he knew wouldn't use him. But, his family..people out of the business...leaches. He was probably lonely. You can see why his children were his whole life.
    I will be here for him as much as I can...and I know all of you are too . LOVE
  • nefarinefari Posts: 1,227
    That made me angry when they were judging him for taking pain medicine after having his teeth operation. I can't believe how long he talked and how well he talked all things considered and then they are asking him if he had to take pain meds during the break. Yeesh. Made me want to run that interviewer out of the room with a boat paddle and then cuddle Michael.
  • Have you seen that 93 deposition? I have watched HOURS of it- heck, I feel I need pain meds. He had oral surgery and had to sit through hours and hours and hours of this.

It is very easy to develop a tolerance to narcotics as well as to antianxiety meds- especially, benzodiazephines, such as valium, attivan, klonopin etc.

When I believed that Michael died and read the autopsy etc, I was pretty sure he had developped a significant tolerance to benzos (as evidenced by the high dosage of Attivan- lorezepam- he was supposed to have taken). If you are not dependent on those meds, the levels the autopsy showed, would have put out an elephant. NOW- as my perspective has changed, and I know the autopsy etc is false, I think the drug rumors were also purposely put out there or maintained. I think Michael LOVED it when people underestimated him. And who can you discount more than this "broken, drug addicted" man. GREAT move, Michael!!!! Brilliant.
    As Pearl Jr pointed out- (I think it was her)- NO ONE ever went after Michael for drug abuse (even prescription drug abuse). Would Sneddon not have CHOMPED at the bit had they found crazy ammounts of questionable prescription drugs at Neverland? You better believe he would have. And how did Michael cross borders with these supposed loads of drugs? How did he care for his children?
    All part of the smoke screen, I think. Brilliant!!!! I do think there was a problem in 93- and he admitted to that- and it was treated. Since then- I think it was all part of a bigger plan.
  • nefarinefari Posts: 1,227
    Also it all has me thinking about him saying "he needed to get help because he had a drug problem". Well if he could stand up and say this and be a very intelligent person about it then it's saying something huge. It's saying he did not buck and avoid treatment and would of his own free will go and get help. But so many people are saying he refused help and hid from help. To that I say GARBAGE, time to take out the trash.