Forest Lawn's requirements on Memorial Tablet is 90 days.

kdkennedy74kdkennedy74 Posts: 264
edited January 1970 in Medical Discussion
<!-- m -->http://www.forestlawn.com/Memorial-Property/FAQ.asp#17<!-- m -->

This link goes to the page regarding the memorial tablets (grave markers) at Forest Lawn Glendale. On questions 13 you will notice that it says that permanent markers take 6 to 10 weeks for completion but that a temporary marker will be placed for up to 90 days by FL until the permanent one arrives. Now unless I am reading this incorrectly, I understand that to say that the cemetary requires permanent marker within 90 days time. Am I reading wrong or do you take it the same way? Also, does anyone recall if there was ever a temporary marker placed on the supposed crypt?

13. Question: How long before the memorial tablet is placed?

Answer: It takes approximately 6-10 weeks after the final approval has been received, the placement fee paid, and manufacturing is completed before a Memorial Tablet is placed. Special emblems, designs, and sketches may take longer. A temporary tablet may be placed for up to 90 days and then replaced once your permanent Memorial Tablet is ready.

Comments

• fordtocarrfordtocarr Posts: 1,547
    oh YES I did post that, but didn't even think about Michael not having one. I was thinking about Elizabeth getting one right away, with that angel. Seems to me a clue with FL not requiring Michael's.
    Good eye kdkennedy74
  • 13. Question: How long before the memorial tablet is placed?

Answer: It takes approximately 6-10 weeks after the final approval has been received, the placement fee paid, and manufacturing is completed before a Memorial Tablet is placed. Special emblems, designs, and sketches may take longer. A temporary tablet may be placed for up to 90 days and then replaced once your permanent Memorial Tablet is ready.

I think the key word here is "may be placed" - i dont think its a requirement.

Thats how i read it anyways. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • kdkennedy74kdkennedy74 Posts: 264
    Thank you fordtocarr I didn't know if there was a link about this or not and something made me start messing around on FL website this morning and that just caught my attention.
  • kdkennedy74kdkennedy74 Posts: 264
    13. Question: How long before the memorial tablet is placed?

But if the family made if public knowlege that is where his body is then why would they not have a marker placed there and beyond that, what is taking so long to put his permanent marker there if he is indeed there? Please know that I am not trying to argue, just looking for answers <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    Michael Jackson is not there. No way.
  • But if the family made if public knowlege that is where his body is then why would they not have a marker placed there and beyond that, what is taking so long to put his permanent marker there if he is indeed there? Please know that I am not trying to argue, just looking for answers <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

oh, i know you are not arguing! Dont worry. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

The question you ask is the million dollar question! No-one seems to know why the crypt is un-marked and the family never address the issue!
  • MJhunnyMJhunny Posts: 239
    do we actually know that untill today there has'nt been placed a permanent marker?? Where is the latest proof that his stone or crypt has not been marked? It's just that with solittle people with actual access to his marker we don't actually know if its been carved or not...
  • do we actually know that untill today there has'nt been placed a permanent marker?? Where is the latest proof that his stone or crypt has not been marked? It's just that with solittle people with actual access to his marker we don't actually know if its been carved or not...

You make a great point. We haven't seen recent pictures to know for sure. "If", and I say that loosely, Michael ever plans on being buried there they may have a plaque with his name. However, the give away would be that the DOD won't be there and that is why I believe we still don't have a plaque engraved.

Blessings.
  • fordtocarrfordtocarr Posts: 1,547
    Does FL even show that he is there ?
  • 13. Question: How long before the memorial tablet is placed?

I agree with you. I don't think this is a requirement, but simply the notion that FL will contribute a temporary tablet until a permanent one is complete. I'm also pretty sure that there are other unmarked graves at FL, so unfortunately I don't think this is proof of Michael not being there.