The new forum, please read.

124»

Comments

• GINAFELICIAGINAFELICIA Posts: 6,506
    Sou I don't know how to tell you this nicely...<br /><br />The forum is a "bit" slow errrr
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    on 1312952557:
    <br />Sou I don't know how to tell you this nicely...<br /><br />The forum is a "bit" slow errrr<br />
    <br /><br />Same answer as I gave Gema above, because it's fast for me, so I need to know how long those 10 random pages load for you. If you don't post that, I can't help.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• GINAFELICIAGINAFELICIA Posts: 6,506
    Oh I see. Now on this page it says : Page created in 5.028 seconds with 30 queries.<br /> <br />You mean 10 different pages ?
    on 1312978575:
    <br />Oh I see. Now on this page it says : Page created in 5.028 seconds with 30 queries.<br /> <br />You mean 10 different pages ?<br />
    <br /><br />Yes, to see how slow it is. 5 seconds for 30 database queries is not that slow. Normal pages should load between 0.5 and 3 seconds, but if that page requires a lot of database info (queries) it can happen that it's a little slower. If you can load 10 pages and tell me how many seconds per page, I can see if the forum is exceptionally slow for you. The old forum loaded in 35-40 seconds when it was busy, that's slow. 5 seconds can be dealt with.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    I don´t find where it says the page is created withing X seconds  :-[ :-[ <br /><br /><br />Thanks, Souza... I am just "that way"  :-[ never mind
    on 1313079551:
    <br />I don´t find where it says the page is created withing X seconds  :-[ :-[ <br /><br /><br />Thanks, Souza... I am just "that way"  :-[ never mind<br />
    <br /><br />On the bottom, just above the toolbar.

I did the experiment. I opnened many pages, one was also a youtube video of a psychic talking about dead MJ...once I was going to post, the pc screen turned black and said "He is dead, Jim" afraid/ and the whole PC shutted down errrr <br /><br />Once I restarted it was said that there was a memory problem  :-[ but got really freaked out  :lol: what a timing!<br /><br />Still can´t see the seconds  :-[ however, the forum goes better now, faster but still i can´t quote posts.
    on 1313184070:
    <br />I did the experiment. I opnened many pages, one was also a youtube video of a psychic talking about dead MJ...once I was going to post, the pc screen turned black and said "He is dead, Jim" afraid/ and the whole PC shutted down errrr <br /><br />Once I restarted it was said that there was a memory problem  :-[ but got really freaked out  :lol: what a timing!<br /><br />Still can´t see the seconds  :-[ however, the forum goes better now, faster but still i can´t quote posts.<br />
    <br /><br />Do you have Quick Reply on? If so, set it to 'never show' in your profile. You will be able to quote again then.<br /><br />I changed some stuff in the database yesterday, so the forum speed should be fine for everyone now. It's fast for me.

• MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    on 1313185209:
    <br />
    on 1313184070:
    <br />I did the experiment. I opnened many pages, one was also a youtube video of a psychic talking about dead MJ...once I was going to post, the pc screen turned black and said "He is dead, Jim" afraid/ and the whole PC shutted down errrr <br /><br />Once I restarted it was said that there was a memory problem  :-[ but got really freaked out  :lol: what a timing!<br /><br />Still can´t see the seconds  :-[ however, the forum goes better now, faster but still i can´t quote posts.<br />
    <br /><br />Do you have Quick Reply on? If so, set it to 'never show' in your profile. You will be able to quote again then.<br /><br />I changed some stuff in the database yesterday, so the forum speed should be fine for everyone now. It's fast for me.<br />
    <br /><br />If you want quick reply & be able to quote, (because i like both) then right-click "quote" and click "open in new tab" and you'll be able to quote.  ;)
    It worked MJFAN7!!!!!!!!  party/ party/ party/ bearhug bearhug :-*<br /><br />
    on 1313240539:
    <br />
    on 1313185209:
    <br />
    on 1313184070:
    <br /><br />Do you have Quick Reply on? If so, set it to 'never show' in your profile. You will be able to quote again then.<br /><br />I changed some stuff in the database yesterday, so the forum speed should be fine for everyone now. It's fast for me.<br />
    <br /><br />If you want quick reply & be able to quote, (because i like both) then right-click "quote" and click "open in new tab" and you'll be able to quote.  ;)<br />
  • MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    on 1313263664:
    <br />It worked MJFAN7!!!!!!!!  party/ party/ party/ bearhug bearhug :-*
    <br /><br />I'm glad I was able to help!  :mrgreen: bearhug
This discussion has been closed.