Furniture store in Roanoke, VA wins Michael’s Armoir at auction

hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
suspicious// seems a little odd that a furniture store that sells furnishings would pay all that money at auction to publicly display these pieces and then invite people to come by to get a peek at it.  Guess the owner is simply a real MJ fan.  /white flag/<br /><br />http://www.wset.com/story/16588622/roanoke-furniture-store-gets-michael-jacksons-furniture<br /><br /><br />Reporter: David Tate<br /><br />Roanoke, VA - A furniture store in Roanoke now has a piece of Hollywood history in its inventory.<br /><br />Tuesday morning, a piece of furniture from Michael Jackson's home was delivered to Grand Home Furnishings.<br /><br />The piece is a huge armoire and on the mirror is a hand-written message from Jackson. It says "Train, perfection, March, April, full out May."<br /><br />That's apparently a motivational reminder as Jackson prepared for his London tour.<br /><br />"It's Michael Jackson's piece that was in his private bedroom and he wrote his inspirational message on it to inspire him for his upcoming concert. We wanted... a piece of furniture as well as an iconic piece of him," said Robert G. Bennett from Grand Home Furnishings.<br /><br />Grand Furnishings says the armoire will be available for the public to look at on Saturday starting at 10:15 a.m.<br /><br />In addition to the armoire, the store has acquired a seating piece from Jackson's in-home projection room, which will also be displayed at its Valley View store.<br /><br />Julien's Auctions conducted the auction of the contents of Michael Jackson's Los Angeles home on December 17 inside its Beverly Hills showroom.<br /><br />To help bidders visualize the home, the auction house created full scale photo enlargements of significant rooms, including the bedroom where the armoire was originally located.<br /><br />Grand has obtained this large fabric photo enlargement of Jackson's bedroom and will use it as a backdrop for the Jackson armoire display.

Comments

• MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    Wow.. I've been to Roanoke before, but it's like 9 hours away. Road trip!!! :mrgreen:<br /><br />The note has always intrigued me though.
  • wishingstarwishingstar Posts: 2,927
    In the news clip video that's listed here in the first post....at about :27, the owner/manager guy is speaking.  Please tell me those are not huge cases of Coke in the background of the room???? <br />Also, I see through their website, they have wasted no time in exploiting Michael's name:<br /><br />http://www.grandhomefurnishings.com/index.php<br /><br />and a facebook page dedicated to this piece of furniture:<br /><br />http://www.facebook.com/events/286236354773750/<br /><br />And so it continues.....using the name of Michael Jackson to get noticed and/or make a buck.  Just sad.  <br />At least, this is what it looks like to me.......I hope I am wrong, and that this company's intentions were honorable.<br />However, past history shows too many times that someone just uses his good name for their own gain.  <br /><br />Thanks for posting this, though.  It's interesting to see, and perhaps we are to learn from it somehow?  Perhaps the whole thing is a set up to see if we are paying attention...though I have no idea what it is we are supposed to take away from this.  <br /><br />Blessings to you all<br />LOVE<br />