When we had a long walk in the fields of gold,

everlastinglove_MJeverlastinglove_MJ Posts: 2,884
edited September 2012 in Messages to Michael
When we had a long walk in the fields of gold,<br />When we witnessed the flowers of Spring awakening,<br />My little girl said to me: “just imagine that I was a bird!”<br />“Why a bird?” I asked.<br />“Uhm, a bird can fly high, can go everywhere it wants and can see the earth from high above and it can really see how beautiful nature is, which feels awesome I think”, she said.<br />“That sounds wonderful, I’d love that too”, I said. <br />She said: “I’d really wish that everyone would be a bird for just one day”. <br />“Why do you wish that?” I asked.<br />“Well, if everyone could see how beautiful nature is, they will realize more that it shouldn’t be destroyed and so there will be less pollution.”<br />“That’s true, I love your wish”, I said and I gave her a big hug.<br />I remember when I was her age I had the same thoughts.  :icon_e_smile: :icon_cry:<br /><br />    :bearhug:<br />LOVE to you<br /><br />everlastinglove_MJ

Comments

• RKRK Posts: 3,019
    Lovely words everlasting. They reminded me of the lyrics of a song I haven't heard since 1980 from The Imperials.<br />
    I stood and watched an eagle fly<br />Spread his wings and soar across the sky<br />So gracefully he flew<br />Rising effortlessly<br />I wanted to know just how to be free<br /><br />Tiny fingers curled 'round mine<br />Perfectly formed; new born<br />The image of two<br />Infinite mystery<br />I wanted to know were life comes from<br /><br />What human intellect can't sway<br />Must be explained this way<br />Earth wisdom, religions of men<br />Searched without end to find the spirit house within<br />Simplicity of God somehow escapes man<br /><br />ooh ooh ooh...<br /><br />I reach for the eternal one<br />Creation he was waiting to renew<br />His purpose in me<br />He said this is were life begins<br />I made your spirit to glide on the wind<br /><br />Come let's fly on the wind<br />Come on let's fly on the wind<br />On the wind<br /><br />Read more: http://artists.letssingit.com/imperials-lyrics-eagle-song-d667zl4#ixzz1n7ktBEfe <br />LetsSingIt - Your favorite Music Community
  • on 1329923982:
    <br />Lovely words everlasting. They reminded me of the lyrics of a song I haven't heard since 1980 from The Imperials.<br />
    I stood and watched an eagle fly<br />Spread his wings and soar across the sky<br />So gracefully he flew<br />Rising effortlessly<br />I wanted to know just how to be free<br /><br />Tiny fingers curled 'round mine<br />Perfectly formed; new born<br />The image of two<br />Infinite mystery<br />I wanted to know were life comes from<br /><br />What human intellect can't sway<br />Must be explained this way<br />Earth wisdom, religions of men<br />Searched without end to find the spirit house within<br />Simplicity of God somehow escapes man<br /><br />ooh ooh ooh...<br /><br />I reach for the eternal one<br />Creation he was waiting to renew<br />His purpose in me<br />He said this is were life begins<br />I made your spirit to glide on the wind<br /><br />Come let's fly on the wind<br />Come on let's fly on the wind<br />On the wind<br /><br />Read more: http://artists.letssingit.com/imperials-lyrics-eagle-song-d667zl4#ixzz1n7ktBEfe <br />LetsSingIt - Your favorite Music Community
    <br />
    <br /><br />Thanks RK and for the beautiful lyrics, the song must be great. I can't recall The Imperials from the 80s  confused/, tried to find the song on YT but didn't succeed.<br /><br />L.O.V.E.
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    I can't find the Imperial doing this song on youtube either. Now that is strange. I have found the Gaithers doing an okay version tho. The music and vocals are the same, and if I close my eyes to block out 4 strange looking men in 80's fashion and hair styles then it's all good.  geek/<br /><br />http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yRhfi9aQbA
  • on 1329935028:
    <br />I can't find the Imperial doing this song on youtube either. Now that is strange. I have found the Gaithers doing an okay version tho. The music and vocals are the same, and if I close my eyes to block out 4 strange looking men in 80's fashion and hair styles then it's all good.  geek/<br /><br />http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yRhfi9aQbA<br />
    <br /><br />Nice song indeed.<br /><br />I found a vid of The Imperials in 70's fashion lol, I really can't recall because I was wearing diapers back then :lol:<br /><br />
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    Love the poem Everlasting, and the video RK!<br />Brings back memories--I think I may have seen the Imperials perform (saw many groups) I for sure did have a couple of records/cassettes of theirs.  Wa-a-a-y back! :D <br /><br /><br />When I was a child I used to have vivid regular dreams of flying. I would just jump off a chair, and it was so real--the only scary part was those criss-crossing power lines.
  • emulikemulik Posts: 1,009
    wow, Everlasting! :)  what a wonderful thoughts from your daughter!  :) so sweet!
  • on 1329943931:
    <br />Love the poem Everlasting, and the video RK!<br />Brings back memories--I think I may have seen the Imperials perform (saw many groups) I for sure did have a couple of records/cassettes of theirs.  Wa-a-a-y back! :D <br /><br /><br />When I was a child I used to have vivid regular dreams of flying. I would just jump off a chair, and it was so real--the only scary part was those criss-crossing power lines.<br />
    <br /><br />
    --the only scary part was those criss-crossing power lines.<br />
    <br /><br />Thank you for sharing your memories MJonmind :) A child can have vivid dreams, imaginations or fears and it's good to listen and to take his/her dreams seriously.
  • on 1329944310:
    <br />wow, Everlasting! :)  what a wonderful thoughts from your daughter!  :) so sweet!<br />
    <br /><br />Thank you emulik :)