Adele better than mj?.....NO!!!!

Billie_Jean13Billie_Jean13 Posts: 82
edited January 1970 in General MJ Discussion
so i was listening to the radio just a few seconds ago and what do i hear???, Adele's album 21 has just moved up to no.8 spot which has pushed mj's bad down to no. 9, anyways that wasnt even the worst part the dj then says so i guess michael jackson isnt the king of pop anymore...<br /> /pull hair/ /pull hair/ /pull hair/ /scream/ /scream/ /scream/<br />i was so mad when she said that, i felt like screaming at her why dont you go a little further up the charts and see who is in the no.1 position yeah oooh i was mad >:(

Comments

• SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    Oh come on, BAD was released 25 years ago and Adele is a great singer, has a fantastic album and is a lovely person (I've met her once). She deserves recognition for her work. You can't compare the two, MJ is a completely different artist. If you have an album at position 9 after 25 years, you have accomplished something extraordinary.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• Aidan_81Aidan_81 Posts: 382
    What charts? Current charts? "Bad" still in there? Let's see what Adele does in 25 years ;)<br /><br />Adele has great voice, but indeed comparing the two is at least strange.<br />DJs say lots of BS anyway, just like journalists. It's their work.
  • AdiAdi Posts: 1,834
    Adele.....her voice is incredible and her album is fantastic......every song on it. <br /><br />
  • skywaysskyways Posts: 745
    MJ is FENOMEN! @<;br />but hence- he is buried King of Pop on 625 - and<br />HE IS MUCH GREATER THAN THAT TITLE!!<br /><br />Feel good for Adele - u are great!
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    The very fact that everyone always feels compelled to compare to MJ is something. Do you ever hear them saying, oh he/she's the new John Lennon, Elvis--no it's always the new or better than MJ.  He is the standard, the bar, the star to reach to.  So I say relax, it's all good! ;D  Besides MJ's not even trying to compete--he's on to other feats--like taking film and ARG's to the next level, not to mention--literally changing the planet from behind the curtain. /cook/ michael-jackson/
  • on 1330571986:
    <br />The very fact that everyone always feels compelled to compare to MJ is something. Do you ever hear them saying, oh he/she's the new John Lennon, Elvis--no it's always the new or better than MJ.  He is the standard, the bar, the star to reach to.  So I say relax, it's all good! ;D  Besides MJ's not even trying to compete--he's on to other feats--like taking film and ARG's to the next level, not to mention--literally changing the planet from behind the curtain. /cook/ michael-jackson/ <br />
    <br /><br />Amen!!  :)
  • MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    Adele is a very good artist and just because she reached #8 means MJ isn't the King of Pop?? Um... does this guy not realize Michael has another album that's #1? :shock:
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    I love Adele! And I will be so glad when they finally recognize that Michael’s position in the music industry will never be topped, only then will they cease comparing him to anyone else.  No matter what the charts and polls say. Michael has  earned his position and it’s written and sealed in stone.  Like the sports jersey’s whose numbers have been retired, his accomplishments are legendary and no one else can ever take them away.  It’s hiStory.  beerchug<br /><br />So congrats to Adele.  Maybe one day her history will be written and it too will be all good.  She can take her place somewhere next to Michael  8-) and be content to be there with the greatest.  Hers and no one elses’  She is one helluva singer, so I am rooting for her.
  • crinacrina Posts: 67
    Never and nobody can compare with Mj, He IS the Best and always Be the best. <br /><br />I want to see Adele after 25 years, where her albums are.
  • on 1330504019:
    <br />so i was listening to the radio just a few seconds ago and what do i hear???, Adele's album 21 has just moved up to no.8 spot which has pushed mj's bad down to no. 9, anyways that wasnt even the worst part the dj then says so i guess michael jackson isnt the king of pop anymore...<br /> /pull hair/ /pull hair/ /pull hair/ /scream/ /scream/ /scream/<br />i was so mad when she said that, i felt like screaming at her why dont you go a little further up the charts and see who is in the no.1 position yeah oooh i was mad >:(<br />
    <br /><br />tumblr_lnzpa8IQZw1qfp5x7o1_500.gif<br /><br />[size=10pt]I saw "this news" two days ago and I was like  WTF?? ,another comparision or what ????? [/size]<br /><br />http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a368219/adele-21-overtakes-michael-jacksons-bad-in-uk-bestsellers-chart.html<br /><br /><br />[size=10pt]I'm starting to believe that BIG BROTHER is really watching us and that Brett Ratner was right,lol  lolol/ .[/size]<br /><br />2835964_370.jpg<br />http://brettratner.com/blog/?p=151<br /><br />[size=10pt]Adele has a great voice and she is a beautiful woman,BUT it's always a BUT lol  :mrgreen: ,cause she did a BIG mistake when she spoke some shit about Michael  smiley_spider.Jacko  pale/ ???? Really Adele  /woohoo/  ?????[/size]<br /><br />
    <br /><br />
    "So I'm going to see Britney, I was meant to go and see her tomorrow but I can't go see her anymore becuase I'm performing with Daniel Merriweather, so I'm going see her some other day.<br /><br />I'm going to see Katy Perry on Friday, going to see Blue at the Emirates on Sunday and I'm going to see Beyonce on Monday, [size=12pt]and then going to see Jacko one night as well but I heard he got skin cancer  /woohoo/  WTF?? , so he might not do it anymore, so I don't know anymore but, hopefully I'll go and see Jacko  >:( .<br /><br />Ah I missed Tina Turner, ah gutted.<br /><br />Ah gutted, you know what, he's with Sony, yeah? I'm with Sony, he's never done 50 dates that close together ever in his life, so.  :shock:  bangbang  WTF?? <br /><br />He's never done it, even when he was with Jackson 5 he never did 50 dates that much in a row together so, I think they need to be carefully, [/size]but you know I'll think it'll be amazing I can't wait I love Michael Jackson's music, I think he's great and I think it could be one of the best shows I've ever seen, so.<br /><br />Yeah, I'm about half done, written not produced, written about five songs, got to do another five, but yeah my last show in america is in about three weeks and then I'm going to meet my producer, and some of the writers and the LA philharmonic out there and see how it goes, but yeah it's going good I'm excited."
    <br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />
  • TinkTink Posts: 1,175
    Adele's already had surgery on her vocal cords - what's up with that!? Sadly, I don't think she's going to last more than 10 years because of her smoking and continual damage to them.. Tsk, tsk.
  • AKHTONIAKHTONI Posts: 325
    Yesterday Madona better than MJ, Today Adele better than MJ, Tomorrow Justin beiber better than MJ!!!!  :D
  • on 1330600216:
    <br />Yesterday Madona better than MJ, Today Adele better than MJ, Tomorrow Justin beiber better than MJ!!!!  :D<br />
    Lmfao
  • Adele & Michael Jackson don't even sing the same music, Why would anyone compare when the don't even share the same style of music. Music made today is .."music for the moment"..........Michael's will be played for all generations by all age groups.
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    NOONE is better than Michael. Period.
  • I've liked Michael Jackson for his "dance music", Elvis for his " touch of rock n roll", Styx for "tender moments", Country for " true soul searching", but that doesn't mean that one is better than the others. If I'm feeling like crying I may play a slower more "close to heart" song, but if I want to cleaning the house I put on Michal Jackson & Elvis. And if I really want to get something done, I put on some Rap & Techno......<br /><br />It all depends on my mind & heart & what I feel the heart wants to hear. They are all great Artists.
    Until the end of time, new talent will ALWAYS be compared to Michael.  HE WAS/IS THE BEST!  You will be pulling your hair until you’re bald if you let what ‘THEY’ say get to you.  Forget them.  The world knows the truth, the record speaks for itself, and we are the world so let’s just let them have their fun.  The truth always prevails.  Michael is the one and only.  He will never lose his place. On top, where a king a legend, an icon is suppose to be. 
  • on 1330629107:
    <br />Until the end of time, new talent will ALWAYS be compared to Michael.  HE WAS/IS THE BEST!  You will be pulling your hair until you’re bald if you let what ‘THEY’ say get to you.  Forget them.  The world knows the truth, the record speaks for itself, and we are the world so let’s just let them have their fun.  The truth always prevails.  Michael is the one and only.  He will never lose his place. On top, where a king a legend, an icon is suppose to be.  <br />
    <br /><br />Yes, agreed. What's even harder for the artist today is that if they do keep getting compared to Michael some of them might just give up because they know they WILL NEVER be like "Mike"... <br /><br />With every artsist, they have "hit targets" with either race, age, beat of music, words, etc.... & with Michael I could always understand his lyrics. I like some rappers , but because I can't relate to what they are saying, & hard for me to understand the words, I tend not to listen to them as much.<br /><br />Michael had the "beat" since when I was a kid I loved to dance in front of the mirror...(c'mon I know I'm not the only one....lol)  & I could always dance to his music at 8 yrs old, & my age now at 40...something......<br /><br />My grandsons which oldest is 5 & 4, we watch Michael Jackson tour footage, & I bought them microphones so the could sing with Michael. And they both love the movie Moonwalker. We watched it so much, I actually had to say...."ok kids, lets watch Shark Tale....lol...<br /><br />So Michael has music for all ages, & 25 years later, Thriller is still on top.....
  • Katie2Katie2 Posts: 162
    You won't be happy to know that Adele's "21" album is now battling for #5 in the best selling album in the UK charts. Guess what shes going against? Thriller  :(
    It’s so funny that the way artist today “blow up” depends on the internet, youtube, and all the other tecky gadgets.  Michael Jackson got there by sheer talent with no need for any of those things.  He didn’t have to rely on that stuff.  His work speaks for itself.  No concerts today can compare.  No stage performance comes close.  Michael’s rise was from hard work and his God given gifts.  No one will EVER match or master what Michael has already perfected. NEVER.  Stats mean nothing to me.  After you’ve had the best, everyone else dulls by comparison and the numbers don’t mean a thing.
  • Michael also did a ton more than just release albums.  He's also the greatest humanitarian and was able to unite and inspire people world wide.  Maybe they should mention that fact.  <br />
    on 1334511349:
    <br />It’s so funny that the way artist today “blow up” depends on the internet, youtube, and all the other tecky gadgets.  Michael Jackson got there by sheer talent with no need for any of those things.  He didn’t have to rely on that stuff.  His work speaks for itself.  No concerts today can compare.  No stage performance comes close.  Michael’s rise was from hard work and his God given gifts.  No one will EVER match or master what Michael has already perfected. NEVER.  Stats mean nothing to me.  After you’ve had the best, everyone else dulls by comparison and the numbers don’t mean a thing.<br />
    <br /><br />Exactly, when Katy Perry tied MJ with the most no.1's off one album. My friend Mariah was boasting to me about it but I told her that people actually had to get over their asses and walk to the record store nowadays people just have to log onto their computers and go on itunes. If there was that kind of technology in the 70's,80's and 90's then MJ would be the biggest selling artist now.
  • blankieblankie Posts: 2,350
    on 1330512227:
    <br />Oh come on, BAD was released 25 years ago and Adele is a great singer, has a fantastic album and is a lovely person (I've met her once). She deserves recognition for her work. You can't compare the two, MJ is a completely different artist. If you have an album at position 9 after 25 years, you have accomplished something extraordinary.<br />
    <br /><br />Agree with you Souza...Adele is a great singer and for me now is the best female voice.. :icon_razz: I love so much her songs...<br /><br />But Michael is Michael....otherwise, other times , other personality.....the best in the best !!!!  :bearhug: :Michael_Jackson_dancing_smile                                        <br />                                      [size=14pt] THE ONLY ONE !!![/size]
    "21" is officialy the UK's 5th best selling album beating "Thriller" it was confirmed yesterday.  :th_bravo: Adele but Thrillers still the best  ;D
  • TinkTink Posts: 1,175
    I'd like to see Adele top Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon, which has been on the Rock album charts since the '60s! <br /><br />As of March 22, 2012, they've hit the biggest Milestone of ANY SINGLE ALBUM IN HISTORY:<br /> Anchored by classic rock hits and powered by a massive, loyal fan base and truly innovative original production, Pink Floyd’s legendary LP The Dark Side of the Moon is the longest-running album in the history of the Billboard 200 chart. And it just hit a milestone that no other record has ever accomplished.<br /><br />Billboard revealed Wednesday that the album has reached its 800th week on the Billboard 200 chart, adding to the all-time record it already owns.<br /><br />Even more remarkable is no other album in Billboard 200 history is even close. The album with the second-most weeks spent on the chart is Johnny Mathis’ Greatest Hits album with 490. And no album in the past 20 years ranks in the top 10 for most weeks on it, so if Floyd’s record is ever broken it won’t happen for a long time.<br /><br />Dark Side’s incredible, unmatched longevity on the charts shows that it is a truly timeless classic. And that would lend a bit of irony to one of the album’s best tracks, “Time.” David Gilmour’s line “shorter of breath, and one day closer to death” loses a bit of meaning when the song and album just refuse to die!"<br /><br />So - have no worries about Adele. If she keeps smoking like a chimney - her days of singing are quite literally - numbered.