Website after hack

124»

Comments

• on 1333132495:
    <br />Souza, I am thinking, suspicious mind meant old forum, which was earlier. There was link www.michaeljacksonhoaxforum.com/smf2.0. Now it is www.michaeljacksonhoaxforum.com/forum/index.php. Old link worked all this time. Now I tried to go in old link, but it is not worked. Though, old link worked five minutes ago.<br />
    <br />yeah yeah what you said. whew glad it wasn't just me  :thjajaja121: i was starting to feel like i was in the twilight zone . :affraid: :icon_lol:
  • AdiAdi Posts: 1,834
    Thanks bec and MaryK for your advice.<br /><br />I finally got it sorted! YAY  :woohoo2:<br /><br />This might help anyone who is still having problems with the redirections:<br /><br />Yesterday when I tried to quickly click on another topic before it redirected to that Shouthost.com site my Virus scanner came up with a warning about a Trojan called FakeAd. So I did a full system scan and also ran a Malware program over my full system and it picked up 2 virus/spyware called: Troj/Mdrop-DWU and Troj/FakeAd.<br /><br />So I deleted them and did a reboot then cleared my Web browser cache and cookies again and also did another  flush dns then was able to load the Forum properly and now when I click on the Portal tab it doesn't redirect.<br /><br />Glad that is sorted.
  • TinkTink Posts: 1,175
    Safari is working fine, only issues when site was hacked.<br /><br />Thank you, dear Souza, for all of your hard work. Hackers suck, no matter how you slice it. They do it simply for what they think is "fun," then go onto their next "target."<br /><br /> :bearhug:
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    Adi<br />
    Thanks bec and MaryK for your advice.<br /><br />I finally got it sorted! YAY    <br /><br />This might help anyone who is still having problems with the redirections:<br /><br />Yesterday when I tried to quickly click on another topic before it redirected to that Shouthost.com site my Virus scanner came up with a warning about a Trojan called FakeAd. So I did a full system scan and also ran a Malware program over my full system and it picked up 2 virus/spyware called: Troj/Mdrop-DWU and Troj/FakeAd.<br /><br />So I deleted them and did a reboot then cleared my Web browser cache and cookies again and also did another  flush dns then was able to load the Forum properly and now when I click on the Portal tab it doesn't redirect.<br /><br />Glad that is sorted.
    <br />I totally impressed with your computer knowledge. :affraid:  All I can boast about is that I have a son who is 22, and when I’m RE-E-ALLY desperate with my MJHDI problems :Crash:, he helps me out! :smiley-vault-misc-150: :icon_geek:<br />Not this time but the time before he changed us over to Chrome.<br />
  • diggyondiggyon Posts: 1,376
    What am I doing wrong??? :Pulling_hair:<br /><br />I have scanned my computer for viruses, changed the browsers (from Chrome to firefox), deleted all navigation history and still get redirected. I am really having some rough time !!! :screaming-7365: :screaming-7365: :screaming-7365: :Crash:
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    on 1333389297:
    <br />What am I doing wrong??? :Pulling_hair:<br /><br />I have scanned my computer for viruses, changed the browsers (from Chrome to firefox), deleted all navigation history and still get redirected. I am really having some rough time !!! :screaming-7365: :screaming-7365: :screaming-7365: :Crash:<br />
    <br /><br />Deleted navigation history? Or did you delete cookies and cleared your cache completely? Did you also scan for tracking cookies on your pc?<br />

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• diggyondiggyon Posts: 1,376
    on 1333399330:
    <br />
    on 1333389297:
    <br />What am I doing wrong??? :Pulling_hair:<br /><br />I have scanned my computer for viruses, changed the browsers (from Chrome to firefox), deleted all navigation history and still get redirected. I am really having some rough time !!! :screaming-7365: :screaming-7365: :screaming-7365: :Crash:<br />
    <br /><br />Deleted navigation history? Or did you delete cookies and cleared your cache completely? Did you also scan for tracking cookies on your pc?<br />
    <br /><br />Can you please tell me how to do it????
  • It is disconerning to think that ppl would have access to pm. Thanks for raising the Q Gina and addressing Souza. It has been on my mind since I saw the latest on doggies blog...<br /><br />Wish I never saw that blog. But I have. And it's niggling at me at me in the back of my mind...
    on 1333457639:
    <br />It is disconerning to think that ppl would have access to pm. Thanks for raising the Q Gina and addressing Souza. It has been on my mind since I saw the latest on doggies blog...<br /><br />Wish I never saw that blog. But I have. And it's niggling at me at me in the back of my mind...<br />
    <br /><br />The pm's are only accessable if they manage to hack the database. That didn't happen, it was just the site itself, so no worries. The only one who can read pm's are the ones that send them, those who receive them, and me, but I only have access to them if I search through the database, I can not log into anyone's account without changing passwords. Nevertheless, it is always possible that the database will be hacked one day. I do my best trying to avoid that, but I am not superwoman so never discuss personal things in pm here, but use email for that.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

on 1333401275:
    <br />
    on 1333399330:
    <br />
    on 1333389297:
    <br /><br /><br />Can you please tell me how to do it????<br />
    <br /><br />It depends on your browser. Try to do a Google search.

• No worries thanks for taking the time to answer thoroughly. I appreciate it. My last post sounded like I said thank you Gina for addressing Souza lol. It meant to read thanks Gina for raising the Q and thank you Souza for addressing the concern.... I'm tired and all flu'd out my brain is foggy and I'm not making sense <br /><br />And I do feel better abt pm after ur response, so cheers!!
  • GINAFELICIAGINAFELICIA Posts: 6,506
    @Souza there is something I want to say:<br /><br />Before hack - when I logged in I saw if I had pms. Now I don't see it anymore, I am only notified by email.<br />You know why?
    on 1334049221:
    <br />@Souza there is something I want to say:<br /><br />Before hack - when I logged in I saw if I had pms. Now I don't see it anymore, I am only notified by email.<br />You know why?<br />
    <br /><br />Oh thank you! Same here, I see I have PM's but I never got any pop-ups. I'll check it out.

• on 1334049885:
    <br />
    on 1334049221:
    <br />@Souza there is something I want to say:<br /><br />Before hack - when I logged in I saw if I had pms. Now I don't see it anymore, I am only notified by email.<br />You know why?<br />
    <br /><br />Oh thank you! Same here, I see I have PM's but I never got any pop-ups. I'll check it out.<br />
    <br /><br />i get notification on the panel on left hand side, but above panel, with messages has nothing...<br /><br />just remembered that one souza, when i read urs and ginas comment. thats one i forgot to tell you about...<br /><br />
This discussion has been closed.